Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,777 members, 7,820,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation (84646 Views)

Igbo Group Visits Victims Of Uzo-Uwani Enugu Massacre In Hospital (Pics) / Igbo Group Urges Buhari To Fulfill Promise To South East / Lagos Fire: Buhari Writes Fashola, Sympathises With Lagosians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by reborn1: 7:57pm On Dec 28, 2014
dontjealousme1:
Tinubu is Itsekiri but was Lagos Gov.

Ambode is from Ondo and contesting under APC for Lagos Gov.

Igbo is in line to produce Lagos Gov.

Lmaoooo. See wetin another yeeboe man dey talk. Everyday nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by dontjealousme1: 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2014
funkiebully:
The reason Why We Lagos igbos should start sensitizing our people under our town unions to vote out tifnubu n his apc in Lagos, Let every igbo in Lagos vote pdp.
We have lesser tribalistic Yoruba in pdp than apc.
My people open ur eyes well, fashole n tufnubu are tribalistic scum, see What they did to rochas, oshiomole n amechi.
Open ur eyes this time n speak with ur votes.

Spot on!

PDP it is for me. At least I will be sure am voting for Nigeria NATIONAL PARTY and not some tribal blood sucking party like APC.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2014
blemon44:
ibos are left out in entirely everything in this country

so its no news if fashola does the same
Please, you don't expect Fashola to know everything that is happening in Lagos until the Igbo people report or bring it to his attention. That is where to start off in finding solutions. I hope he looks into the complains and find appropriate solutions.
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by greatsodade(m): 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2014
[quote author=oduastates post=29259639]Haha.
The handshake has surely reach the elbow
Those who are still doubting the reasons why they have to vote, need to read this.
time is coming soon when everybody would start voting in their region.
Since You do your census in your state of origin, you vote in your state of origin.
As that egbe omo odua fella said in the 50's when azikwe started his intransigent behaviour, in the western region.

The hausa (gambari),we knew
The Ijaws ( ijo) we knew
The nupe,we knew
The urbobo( isobo), we knew
The isoko, we knew
The ebirra, we knew
The igalla, we knew
The igbo,We did not.
For those who do not know what azikwe did, imagine that man came to lagos, saw how beautiful, developed, commercial and progressive lagos was as it had been for over 100 years prior.he went to the briitish to pressure them not to include lagos as part of the western region.
Alas,he had seen free land to colonise.

Seriously speaking, our politics, social values are incompatible.
Do these people know that they are indirectly declaring war?
Are people so rudderless as to lack any form of reasonable leadership?
Those who are reasonable had better advised these JJC villagers who are power tripping.

Hear this and read my lips
igbo will never be recognised anywhere in yorubaland.
Either integrate and forget where you come from, or ship out.
Just imagine.
There are yorubas in kano,
There are yorubas in Port Harcourt
There yorubas in akwa ibom
There millions of yorubas or people of yoruba descent in
Ivory Coast, Togo,Ghana etc.
They go about their businesses lawfully and have integrated in such a way that you would not even know that they were yorubas. Same goes for the binis and other groups.
In short, they blend in and do not constitute a nuisance.
Those who do not want to learn the language should buy a newspaper.
Integrate like others have in the past or get out.
This is the same thing you are told, whether in America, UK, Canada etc.

Don't mind them
This shows that this people sure lacks priorities...their darling eastern states like Abia, Ebonyi and co are there with their clueless governors and that is of no concern to them, they are here fighting for control of what is not and can neva be theirs. Worse still they can never allow such in there place...I understand them sha, witches and wizards are them too much there.
Now obvious why u are finding leading the nation a difficult task...
There are many Yorubas in Kaduna,Kaduna,Dutse(there is a Yoruba community there full of yoruba pple) and other places even your eastern part..did u hear their shout for control?..NEVER!! For they know it is not their and they re contented with that as far as their host communities does not disturb their peace...Integrate and let all live !!!
This was how the Gambaris started with the yoruba city of Ilorin, we all know the story of that place today.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by SirAweezy(m): 8:01pm On Dec 28, 2014
Justcash:

Ewwww, you sound so pained and frustrated. Tone down your insults, you can really make your point without using abusive words.

Are you suggesting that the aim of IGBOS to partake in the governance of Lagos state is wrong? Why? Are Igbos not Nigerians? How do you know that you will not be given an opportunity to partake in politics in South Eastern states? Have you tried?

I think we should be clear about what we want as Nigerians. A United Nigeria means that NIGERIANS must be free to live and partake in the Nigerian project from any state they choose. Lagos state, by virtue of history, happens to be a good example of Nigerianness. If it is only Yorubas that must lead in Lagos state, which is not befitting for a cosmopolitan NIGERIAN city, then we must start to question what being a Nigerian means?

You need to cool down. You sound hypertensive.

Why don't you preach one Nigeria from your state of orgin first, and appoint a yoruba man as even a PA to commissioner. Then let's see how you people won't shout blue murder!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by VirginFinder: 8:01pm On Dec 28, 2014
ProfCorruption:

Okoroji is the man for the job. Why can't Ndigbo join me and let's promote this man? He can do it.

hahahahahahahaha

The iddioticc, insecure cowards will never take their ibo party and candidate serious.

They want APC /PDP to give them slots on a platter of gold.

ibos(those in question) are nincompoops!

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by adbokus(m): 8:01pm On Dec 28, 2014
This country has a long way to go, which could become longer because of tribal sentiments held tenaciously by the youths. Can't we look past this nonsense of a igbo person can't hold political post in yorubaland or in any land for that matter and vice versa. Our diversity is what enriches us, makes us people of strength and colour. The impact of the igbos in making Lagos what it is today should not be understated. Lagos is a beautiful state with such energy and vigor to which the various tribes sharing occupation have laudable contributions. If an igbo man seeks to become an honorable, why not? It's his country too, and a state to which he and his forebears have made such splendid contributions.
O! How we delight in always fighting needless battles and wasting lives in mindless wars! The dream of a better Nigeria can become reality only if we learn to stop accentuating our tribal differences and embrace each other as brothers on the charge for a common good...

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 28, 2014
dontjealousme1:

We are agitating for a greater inclusion and equity not a take over. I cannot possibly answer all those ur question. Google is ur friend.

If you are agitating for an inclusion, you should participate. That's what a rational person would do.

Why not take over the state? In Nigeria, we practice democracy which is a game of number. If you have the number you can legitimately take over the state. What I found disgusting is how a group who is supposed to be the majority can be crying just to be noticed.

On this blog, many Igbo have claimed to be the bedrock of Lagos economy. Now, you have the resources, why can't you promote just one candidate to be the governor?

On this blog, many Igbo have claimed to be the majority in Lagos state, why can't you use that majority to elect a governor?

If you are the majority in the state, why is there no Igbo in Lagos state House of Assembly?

Instead of fighting Fasola, isn't it rational for Igbo to use their majority to elect this our man:

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by babyfaceafrica: 8:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
Validated:
I knew a landlord who had an Ibo tenant. The tenant had a booming business and landlord was getting rent regularly. Incremental rent was as he wished.

The tenant and his wife grew the small stall and soon expanded to occupy two additional rooms in the house. They created shelves and turned the small shop into a supermarket.

Then the landlord and his wife became jealous. So the asked the man to pack. They claimed that they wanted to renovate the place for their son who is grown and needs a room. Against all plea, the landlord insisted that the Ibo man must pack. The Ibo man packed and luckily got another space on Ifako-Ijaye Road. This was in 2010.

Meanwhile landlord and wife opened a supermarket. Fast forward to July 2014, landlord supermarket has since closed and deserted. The same Ibo trader just bought the house from him and allowed his (landlord) son to live in one room.

This is the irony of a Lagos "Landlord". My question really is "who owns Lagos"? If you take a census you would be surprised. For example in my small street, we have about 15 Landlords. Of these number, 4 are Yorubas.. The rest are Ibos and Mid-Westerners. The Yoruba neighbour opposite my house is late and the feelers is that the children are willing to sell. The one beside is is uncompleted and may be sold soon as it requires demolition.

A good example is the Obawoles. They owned almost half of Ifako-Ijaye, but as I write almost 70% of the land have been sold to "Visitors" who now have 99 years occupancy rights. Who is the landlord or rather who owns Lagos if I may ask?

You are the judge.
. Stop talking trash!!!!I was born and raised in iju...obawoles don't own half of ifako ijaye..if you want to buttress your point please do....don't just lie!!!!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by VirginFinder: 8:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
reborn1:

Lmaoooo. See wetin another yeeboe man dey talk. Everyday nonsense.

That guy is just insane, I swear!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by esere826: 8:05pm On Dec 28, 2014
grin

I now understand why the Egyptians decided to make slaves off the Israelites
fearing that the israelite immigrants would one day out number and then over power them angry

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Aldrickay: 8:05pm On Dec 28, 2014
I tot u igbos said lagos is no mans land, why complaining of maginalizatn in lagos state by the yorubas??

Hav also said dat d igbos are nt wise bt greedy.

instead of writtin jona and ur south east governors to help frm out ur biafra frm darkness were ojukwu kept it ur ar here draggin anoda mans property wit him!! Shame to you igbos.

Did any body beg u to invest in lagos?
Why nt invest in ur biafra.
Or dnt u wana hv ur biafra anymore?
even if ur biafra is landlock cnt use ur so call wise brain to mk something out of it, or ar u igbos no wise as u claim?

i pity yoruba pple na dem dey allow ana get mouth to dey talk all dese nonsence.

You igbos should come to port harcourt (ikwerre land) and make dis silly statement and see wat the ikwerres and oda ethnic group xpecially d ijaws and ogoni pple will do to you. Metcheeeeeeeew.

think!!!!! igbos think!!!!
Nigeria is no more stable are u think.
Back to ur state and develop it 4 ur children nd stop insultin ur selfs. Thanks.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by sanmibukunmi: 8:09pm On Dec 28, 2014
Let the Ibos go to Kano and write the same letter to kwankwaso and lests Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ what the end will be.....u ppl are taking our hospitality for granted...all dis u are doing will only make ppl hate ur tribe more...

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 28, 2014
The last time I checked NOI polls, Okoroji was leading by 93%. The election is a mere coronation. This man will be sworn in on May 29, 2015 as the governor of Lagos State. Who God has blessed, no man can curse.

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by VirginFinder: 8:10pm On Dec 28, 2014
dontjealousme1:

U are notorious on nairaland,give me a break. u no dey tire? grin

Cutting ibos to size and slapping them back to reality whenever they slip into grand delusions has become part of me.

Sorry!

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by seedorfg(m): 8:10pm On Dec 28, 2014
The (ibos) chest beaters forming omo onile in (Eko akete) lagos, lwkmd. what a surprising gesture, nobody i mean not yoruba man nor hausa man will stay in east for century and would be allow to contest for councilor or representative, that i know can never happen. if the ibos claim that lagos is no mans land then something must be eating there brain. lagos is for yoruba, any other apart from yoruba is just an immigrant. if they(ibos) feel there were been override or maltreated they can call it a war or better still pack there okrika and spear part good and get the hell out of lagos, otherwise !.....

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by sukkot: 8:10pm On Dec 28, 2014
walahi talahi ndigbo come to my hometown of kano to demand new yam festival allocation, walahi talahi i will add him to my collection of suya meat to sell for the weekend. walahi talahi ndigbo suya will be sold in the market for pipty naira angry grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 28, 2014
VirginFinder:

Cutting ibos to size and bringing slapping them back to reality whenever they slip into grand delusions has become part of me.

Sorry!
Why did you have to do that?
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by VirginFinder: 8:13pm On Dec 28, 2014
ProfCorruption:
The last time I checked NOI polls, Okoroji was leading by 93%. The election is a mere coronation. This man will be sworn in on May 29, 2015 as the governor of Lagos State. Who God has blessed, no man can curse.

hahahahahahahaha

This pictures will eventually chase the ibo warriors out this thread.

The iddiotss are so insecure and wary of their own party and candidate. They'll rather sink with Jimi Agbaje.

Clowns!!

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 28, 2014
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by cayus9: 8:13pm On Dec 28, 2014
Very funny write up
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Mcowubaba: 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2014
Arise01:
Hw come Igbo people has greedy in their nature? Wat d hell do dey tink they are,they are so desperate to acquire Wats doesnt belong to them....I pity their Generation.... theif! theif
emmmmmmmm....the level of Tribalism in Nigeria, is bigger than the Oil reserves in both USA nd Saudi....who be thief thief....calm dwn bro nd agrue wit ur Senses....dnt insult..be a gud boy

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by darediamond(m): 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2014
Nnan Ojukwu and Azikwe have placed you Iboes in soup from time being because of there impoliteness, dumbness and outrigth greed.
Ask your Elders born arround 1930's they'll tell you guys how Azikwe put you people in soup.
But that is not our cup of Tea in Yorubaland. My advice to you present generation is to learn from History and think deep, widely and act sensibly.
Yorubas are not cowards.
Stop the insults on us before it is too late for you people.
Do not let history repeat itself in you peoples lives.
Bé warned!!
dontjealousme1:
Tinubu is Itsekiri but was Lagos Gov.

Ambode is from Ondo and contesting under APC for Lagos Gov.

Igbo is in line to produce Lagos Gov.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by MDelgado(m): 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2014
AJINATU:
Yeah it never does. It never ends well but you unwanted vermins and parasitic encroachers never learn from history.

Azikwe tried to lord over the western region in the 1950's and he was shown the way back to his cursed land ... Ojuku's ragtag biafran army stealthly invaded Ore, Yorubaland enroute to Lagos and 3million worthless ibo souls were sent to hell.

You descendants of cain havent learnt from the mistake(greed) of your uncles .... You are walking through the same death path ... You want everything but you will eventually get nothing

Egbon..calm down now..lol..
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by totoakins(m): 8:18pm On Dec 28, 2014
[quote author=dontjealousme1 post=29283388]

Bullshit, u cannot tell people born and raised in Lagos to travel back to where?

Lagos is predominantly multi-ethnic.. It was a former Federal Capital and has alot of money and investment from all corners of Nigeria.

It is not a yoruba State and government in Lagos should reflect this.
[/quote ]
where is the census showing the the ratio of tribes in Lagos?
how do u determine which tribes get positions?
abeg go back to your father's village stop claiming rights somewhere else

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by mankan2k7(m): 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
They should go back to south east and vie for any post, not our Lagos State

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by VirginFinder: 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
dontjealousme1:

If APGA has the network to win an election in Lagos then Bob could win the Governorship of Lagos.

They should be able to get other groups in Lagos to vote APGA.

PDP and APC have an established network over the years. APGA has to be model itself as an opposition party that appeals to all Lagosians.

Then let APGA do just that while you ibos stop crying like bitttches while they are at it.

Lagos APC/PDP will never reckon with ibos!
APGA is the only hope of ibos in Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
dontjealousme1:

If APGA has the network to win an election in Lagos then Bob could win the Governorship of Lagos.

They should be able to get other groups in Lagos to vote APGA.

PDP and APC hab=ve an established network over the years. APGA has to be modeled as an opposition party that appeals to all Lagosians.

It's the people that make a political party a winning machine. If you have the majority, why beg? Just make APGA the winning machine.

In a democracy, the majority should not be in opposition. If Igbo are the majority as claimed, they should be ruling, not be in opposition.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by adebisicutie: 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
dontjealousme1:

Spot on!

PDP it is for me. At least I will be sure am voting for Nigeria NATIONAL PARTY and not some tribal blood sucking party like APC.

Lo you guys are funny. The same Tinubu has been abused on this thread for giving Igbos political appointments. There were even complaint that APC has given too much to Igbos and that is why you are now greedy. PDP that was lying to you people that they would make an Igbo Agbaje's running mate only to turn around and dump you. PDP will continue to use and dump you guys till you become wise. You claim to have the resources and numbers yet you prefer to be begging for political appointments , PDP will continue using you What positions had PDP given Igbos in PDP states?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
Hahahaha! How ironic, the "self proclaimed owners" of lagos are now crying marginalization.. All your whining ain't going to get you anything, if you want any substantial position in the administrative strata of lagos, you'll have to make a yoruba man the governor of anambra first, else, forget it.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by huptin(m): 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2014
owobokiri:

Me a liar? Did I tell you I want to share Ondos oil? I am ok with Imo and Abia and Rivers oil. Take your gazillion barrel ondo oil, I don't need it. As long as resources made from other areas are used to prop your tribal states, every other thing should be shared, including political positions.

But Ondo produces more oil than those 3 states combined now, then you sounded as if the Yorubas produce no oil.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (36) (Reply)

Ihedioha’s Task Force Slaps Okorocha’s Daughter / MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra / "My Nigerian Hut Versus My New York Mansion"; Professor Shades Donald Trump.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.