Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,619 members, 7,820,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation (84634 Views)

Igbo Group Visits Victims Of Uzo-Uwani Enugu Massacre In Hospital (Pics) / Igbo Group Urges Buhari To Fulfill Promise To South East / Lagos Fire: Buhari Writes Fashola, Sympathises With Lagosians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Remarkable: 5:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
Am I the only one that feels this guy has stomach infrastructure on his mind? which one be "infrastructurally"?

aresa:

You wan't recognition and benefits in Lagos state which is a state governed by the APC, but you have no love for APC/Lagos state and you, your local and national leaders have pledged your support to work against APC in favor of the anti Lagos state PDP and your GEJ. 2 antagonistic entities bent on denying Lagos state everything economically and [b][/b]infrastructurally.

The question now is, why demand recognition and benefits from the same state you are working against politically, economically and infrastructurally?

It doesn't make sense. If you want benefits and recognition from Lagos state, you have to be for the APC locally and Nationally because federal policies affects Lagos state socially, economically and infrastructurally.

You can not have it both ways.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by StunningCEO: 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2014
sandijey:

Even among agberos. I just pity this igbo people. I pity myself more. Because minorities like us might be lumped up wiv them when wahala start. Follow Tokunbo Aremodua and Adeyinka grandson on Facebook. Just a few of them I follow and see how many followers they have. They keep talking against igbo and opening the eyes of Yoruba youths. Yorubas that did not care before are beginning to care. In fact fear just dey catch me. Hmmmn

U see, this your comment is profound. As a complete lagosian, let me say that I have in interacting with my people come to know that ordinary Yorubas on the streets of lagos are becoming aware of this problem. I pity ibo Pipul too. They just keep putting fingers into others pipuls eyes until they say they have had enough. These days in lagos when there is any trouble even from something as simple as go slow, you will be hearing Yoruba Pipul whispering among demselves that it is ibo Pipul causing the problem. Seriously 1966-1970 will be child's play compared to what is coming becos this time Yoruba States will likely participate unlike b4 wn dey were semi committed. I pray this does not happen ma Pipul.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by MayorofLagos(m): 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2014
Remarkable:
Sorry, no regionalism for you; that ship has said... it sailed on the blood of the civil war... now?

its One Nigeria! One Nigeria all the way!!

Yorubas decide whether or not regionalism comes backto the land, and they do so by voting the party that will act on it.

The Hausa/Fulanis have been lamenting longer than Yorubas that they want the time of Ahmadu Bello back. Yorubas say they want to rwturn to the system pioneered by Awo.

APC is aligned with those aspirations and will make it happen.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by redsun(m): 5:32pm On Dec 28, 2014
Do the best igbos actually need fashola to make their mark politically in Africa? It is democrazy,opem to all,abi no be so? All they need are numbers and committed participations to carve their ninch politically in Lagos,just like in business.
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by aresa: 5:43pm On Dec 28, 2014
[s]
Remarkable:
Juvenile, so juvenile. He's right - you sound like a little girl pouting that her bf dumped her or something... yet you are a grownass man, sulking lwkmd.

Listen nigger, we don't start ish, but when you come to rub ish in our faces, you will never forget the reaction you will get from that Igbo you decided to mess with.

You were the provokers of Igbo Lagosians, and I am glad to see that you have not forgotten their reactions you are pouting of till date.

Fash. has not deported another single Igbo...

Ladipo is being rebuilt and Igbos are involved ....

An Igbo is Iya'loja....

Councillor, Commissioner, etc...

Igbos live peacefully with other tribes all over Nigeria... and the globe;no reasonable person will start throwing tantrums because someone else they feel is an "outsider" wants to run for office.

it is at this juncture that I want to ask: what exactly are you guys afraid of?

[/s]

Rubbish....

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by aresa: 5:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
Remarkable:
Am I the only one that feels this guy has stomach infrastructure on his mind? which one be "infrastructurally"?

Get off the ignorant track. Infrastructurally means fixing our roads or refunding the N50 billion we spent fixing federal roads...

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
aresa:

If Lagos is really no mans land, why not just go ahead and claim it and even elect your own governor and officials?

You are begging, crying and seeking relevance because you know Lagos belongs to the people of Lagos and not you.

That's what I don't get, really. In a democracy, if you have the majority, you don't need to beg for anything except perhaps a free, fair and credible election. APC and Fasola have never advocated that others including Igbo should not participate.

Instead of begging Fasola and issuing empty threats, why not rally round Okoroji? Why not use your 93% majority to elect this man as the next governor of Lagos state? Even when I know the man is going no where, I actually take people like him seriously because he has chosen to participate rather than issue meaningless threats.

Robert Okechukwu Okoroji is a Lagos-based lawyer, politician and also a governorship aspirant of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) in Lagos State. In this chat with Regional Editor, Valentine Amanze, he bares his mind on his mission in politics, programmes and why the All Progressive Congress (APC) will lose Lagos state in 2015 among other issues. Excerpt

You are the sole candidate for APGA in Lagos State, what if another aspirant emerges tomorrow?

I am waiting for whoever that will indicate interest; the level playing field is open. Any person who is interested in contesting should show up. It doesn’t have to be me alone but let the party decide who gets the ticket and ultimately let the people of Lagos State decide who will be their governor, whether it’s going to be the APGA candidate or that of any other party. What should be of paramount importance to the people of Lagos State is the plans and programmes of whoever wants to lead the state; what issues will such a person be addressing? How is the person going to do better than the out-going government because I can tell you confidently that the APC- led government in Lagos State is deeply unpopular at the moment. People are disillusioned; people are dissatisfied with their programmes which are obviously not people-friendly. Of course they have done some things in some areas; they have done their best but their best is not good enough.

Why APGA as your platform in Lagos State?

First of all I am a Nigerian, a Nigerian in every sense of the word. I hail from Eastern Nigeria, I have spent over 30 years in Western Nigeria. I have been North-wards. I have been around the world. I have to understand that we can be a great people anchored on right leadership. What exactly propels me at the moment is that of all the cities in Nigeria, Lagos State is probably the most cosmopolitan in terms of the presence of people of different nationalities and races, so its like a very interesting mix of groups, races, ethnic nationalities in a manner that does not exit anywhere else in the country. But if you look at Lagos State in the last 16 years since the military handed over power in 1999, governance in the state cannot be said to be actually cosmopolitan. So my mission in politics here in Lagos State is to push the strings of democracy a little further, by creating impetus for people of all nationalities in Lagos to participate because participatory democracy is the right thing for us to do. We all pay taxes here and when the tax officer comes to my office he does not tax me due to where I come from. He will just ask you for the money. We have a duty as a people to serve the society to contribute our own little quota, nobody has a monopoly of knowledge but if there are synergy among the various groups and various nationalities you never know where the best ideas that can lift the state could come from. Nigeria is transiting to a more sustainable democratic system where it will no longer matter whether you are of a particular state origin, or religious affiliation, or sex orientation etc. What will matter is whoever that is qualified in accordance with the laws of the land will participate in leadership recruitment, the constitution is clear on it that if you are a citizen of Nigeria by birth, in section 177, you are entitled to participate in leadership recruitment process in any part of the country where you reside, including the governorship. Some people ask me why governor, that why don’t I start with the local government, House of Assembly or House of Representatives seat? My answer has always been: why not governor? For me the governorship bid is not my destination, it’s only my starting point. There are instances in history in different countries where people have become presidents without having had any elective positions before. I ask people which local government did Abrahim Lincoln preside over before he became president of America; which state was he a governor? I do not think the governorship seat is not something I can do; its something I can actually be in a position to function effectively in the light of my background, my set of programmes.

What are some of the programmes you want to drive?

I want to give everybody in Lagos a sense of belonging that Lagos State being the melting pot of Nigeria every Nigerian whether you are of the ethnic majority or minority groups should have a sense of belonging. It is our collective patrimony and we must contribute in our own respective ways and in accordance with our various capacities to lift the state to get to the next level. That belongingness, that sense of ownership of saying this is my state is what I believe will motivate Nigerians who live in Lagos to do their best for the state to be in compliance with the laws of the state, to avoid violations of the rules, to also seize to have this feeling of saying : Oh I don’t come from here so anything can go wrong in Lagos State. I have lived in Lagos 11 months, three weeks of my life every year in the last 35 years. May be the remaining one week where ever I chose to go to during Christmas is more like a tourist place.

Second, let’s look at infrastructure, look at the transport system in Lagos State. Lagos is more than 40 per cent water and yet a sea transport does not compete effectively with the road transport system. That is why you have logjams everywhere and to travel from point A to point B, you spend a long period of time, wasting productive hours. I will put a policy in this direction to tackle the situation.

It is part of my programmes to provide Lagos State with at least 5,000 megawatts of electricity in my first three years in office. Thank God the Federal Government has unbundled the power sector and given impetus to the private sector to invest. So, Lagos state is a stakeholder. It owns its power distribution system at the moment and if we do the right things, we can provide enabling environment for businesses to flow in. A lot of businesses left Lagos in a couple of years now for Ghana. So, I will address the issue of power and this will have a multiplier effect on our employment data; there will be employment creation. As long as our youths, graduates roam the streets the tendency is for them to take to negativities, crimes and then they will be a menace to the society and that is what we want to discourage. The engine room of Nigeria economy is Lagos State and If we get it right in Lagos it will reverberate in other parts of the country.

It is also part of my programme to make the study of history compulsory in our institutions. We need to encourage Nigerians to know a little bit of the history of the country so that they can learn from the mistakes of the past. If you don’t know where you are coming from you cannot possibly know where you are going to. The fastest way to repeat the mistakes of the past is not to know what transpired in the past.

If you look at Lagos; a lot of people will tell you the state cannot possibly invest in the agricultural sector. No country survives without paying adequate attention to its agricultural sector. Lagos has the capacity more than any other state in terms of financial capacity. Lagos can get lands for agricultural produce from Ogun State and in other parts of the country. Invest in it and create employment by so doing. We will do the basic things in farming and animal husbandry. My government will exploit these areas. If you create the right incentives, good remuneration, making them to understand that what they are doing is not inferior compared to other jobs then the youths will buy into it and do it with great joy. Some of the richest men in America are farmers.

You are going to fight someone that has a formidable structure, do you have the financial muscles and all it takes?

If APC had in the past attracted the interest of Nigerians in buying into their programmes, they have actually lost the interest of the people. The party today is deeply unpopular and people are disillusioned with what they have done so far. The grassroots are even more dissatisfied with the party. I can tell you that APC is not going to produce the next governor of Lagos State. Their antecedents have shown that indeed they are not people-focused; they are not people-friendly in their policies. Look at the tax policies, multiple taxation and all the selective enforcements. APC government in Lagos State is run like a mafia business and when the time comes people will look for a change and when the people desire change the structure you are talking about will be a liability.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/08/apc-wont-produce-next-lagos-governor-okoroji/

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by backtosender: 5:59pm On Dec 28, 2014
This is the consequences of fighting one nigeria so after so much investment and resources from eastern region which we invested so much in lagos and abuja they want to steal what belongs to us?this is called stealing with the highest degree fashola should listen and listen carefully cuz we no he is a gentle man he does not behave like his barbaric kinsmen he shold allow igbos and other tribes to enjoy their heavy investment in lagos before is too late for them.Asari have warned that he will level yorubaland that been enjoying our oil wealth but the end of the day betray us by joining their gambari masters
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by MayorofLagos(m): 6:16pm On Dec 28, 2014
backtosender:
This is the consequences of fighting one nigeria so after so much investment and resources from eastern region which we invested so much in lagos and abuja they want to steal what belongs to us?this is called stealing with the highest degree fashola should listen and listen carefully cuz we no he is a gentle man he does not behave like his barbaric kinsmen he shold allow igbos and other tribes to enjoy their heavy investment in lagos before is too late for them.Asari have warned that he will level yorubaland that been enjoying our oil wealth but the end of the day betray us by joining their gambari masters

Lagos invested in you!

How many nylon bags did you bring with you when you left village to Lagos? How many Samsonite travelling bags do you have now?

12 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by aresa: 6:31pm On Dec 28, 2014
redsun:
Do the best igbos actually need fashola to make their mark politically in Africa? It is democrazy,opem to all,abi no be so? All they need are numbers and committed participations to carve their ninch politically in Lagos,just like in business.

Why work hard or do the heavy lifting for anything if you can easily bully people and demand anything from them to be handed over to you because you are god almighty..

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Gbawe2: 6:34pm On Dec 28, 2014
backtosender:
This is the consequences of fighting one nigeria so after so much investment and resources from eastern region which we invested so much in lagos and abuja they want to steal what belongs to us? this is called stealing with the highest degree fashola should listen and listen carefully cuz we no he is a gentle man he does not behave like his barbaric kinsmen he shold allow igbos and other tribes to enjoy their heavy investment in lagos before is too late for them.Asari have warned that he will level yorubaland that been enjoying our oil wealth but the end of the day betray us by joining their gambari masters

Is there actually a school you all attend where they teach you these outrageous "we own this and that" lies that leads to the mass delusions of grandeur the likes of you speak with? As if the picture expose thing has not shown majority of you to be church rats claiming to be "CEOs" and "mansion owners". Because others not not given to empty braggadocio that means you can discountenance their vast contributions to claim everything is about you? I really pity you guys. You only operate with massive doses of self-delusional yet empty braggadocio which is always discredited by the reality on the ground.

Go to the post below to see an example of your fellow chest-beater kettykin taken to the cleaners when he concocted lies to support the usual empty claims of Igbos "own Lagos". Obvious he pulled these ridiculous figures and statistics out of his azz:

https://www.nairaland.com/2013933/lagos-igr-now-75-state/1

kettykin:
Break Down of the IGR of Lagos

IGR from Banking, Insurance and Financial houses ---------- 20% ---------- Banking industry controlled by Delta igbos
IGR from Telecommunication firms and ISP ------ --- ------ 18%---------- MTN,Etisalat, Airtel foreign owned
IGR from Retail /Wholesale business ------- --- ---16% ----------- Retail and wholesale Business controlled by Igbos
IGR from the Oil and gas and service companies----- -- 30%------ Oil and Gas Industry is actually Niger Delta industry headquartered in Lagos
IGR from Dangote , BUA other top Northern businesses---- 7%------ Bulk importation of Sugar, Flour , Cement from the North
IGR from construction , Agents , land lords -------- 5% ------- construction , Agents , land lords controlled by ALL
IGR from taxi,Okada and bus drivers ------- 1%--------- Taxi , bus driving, Okada controlled by Yorubas and Aboka
IGR from tailors and agbo sellers --- ----- 0%--------- tailors and agbo sellers controlled by Yorubas
IGR from Baba Ijebu, bet9ja --- ---------- 1%---------- Baba Ijebu controlled by Yorubas
IGR from Hotels , bars, clubs , restaurants, eateries --- 2% -- controlled by ALL

Sadly for your deluded compadre the reality, as I presented it from authoritative source, is drastically different. You guys should really stop doing this to yourselves and making your own ethnic group the butt of jokes. All this because you cannot respect others and must always look for ways, even using wild fantasies and lie, to try and belittle them while claiming fictitious superiority over other Nigerians. Shame on people like you.

http://businessdayonline.com/2013/04/examining-lagos-state-gdp-figures/#.VHRH5ousXL4

Examining Lagos State GDP figures

Seven different sectors dominate economic activities in Lagos State, led by manufacturing which, interestingly, contributes 29.60 percent of the state’s GDP figures. Road transport follows closely contributing an average of 26.47 percent of economic activities in the state. Other sectors in order of dominance include building and construction (19.60 percent); wholesale and retail (8.39 percent); telecommunications (3.71 percent); financial institutions (3.51 percent); and real estate (2.01 percent). The seven sectors account for 93.39 percent of economic activities in the state.

The Lagos State Bureau of Statistics also breaks down the state’s GDP based on sectors. Livestock is the biggest economic activity in the agricultural sector. This is closely followed by forestry, and then fisheries which is about half the size of the livestock sector. Crop production is almost insignificant in the agricultural sector, contributing just 0.004 percent of economic activities.

Road transport is the giant in the room in the transportation sector in Lagos State, making up more than 90 percent of economic activities in the sector. The road transport sector is only slightly smaller than manufacturing. Manufacturing and road transport activities actually make up an average 56 percent of all economic activities taking place in Lagos. This explains the Lagos State government’s emphasis on road transport infrastructure within the state as both sectors actually feed on each other. The roads need manufacturing goods and passenger traffic while manufacturing needs the roads to move goods from production centres to the market.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by aresa: 6:34pm On Dec 28, 2014
backtosender:

Lagos was developed state before Nigeria as a country and Yorubaland survived and garnered first in everything before your oil so kill that noise. Oil was nothing but a huge distraction and setback for us...

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by knowledgeable: 6:49pm On Dec 28, 2014
aresa:

Everything is ok when you trash, insult, denigrate and deny other people the same thing you cry over all over the place, but it fails all of a sudden when you don't get your selfish ways...

You people need to take a seat somewhere with that rubbish..

Brother me, give example now!!.
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 28, 2014
dollarsplenty:
It is very hard to satisfy ma pple from SE. Give them a step, they will go a mile. If they want to claim Lagos, let them INTEGRATE properly into Lagos and stop their "Lagos is no man's land" slogan.

The Ndigbo that I know, believe strongly in BIAFRA, and will stop at nothing to achieve that dream, which is their inalienable right.
The question is how will you pledge your Loyalty to Biafra and still want to control the Government of Western Nigeria? Ko possible nao!, or can you serve two masters at the same time?

After all Obama sees himself first as an American before being a Kenyan and he has not even been to Kenya since he became US president.

Ndigbo should see themselves as Lagosians first and not as 'Lagos Residents or Ndigbo Cultural Society in Lagos', then other things shall follow.

you make a lot of sense my dear, IT IS HARD TO PLEASE MY FELLOWS IGBOS....
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by dontjealousme1: 7:03pm On Dec 28, 2014
Upjosventures:

you make a lot of sense my dear, IT IS HARD TO PLEASE MY FELLOWS IGBOS....

Ur igbo from Ibadan abi? Foool!

It is either one Nigeria or no Nigeria, nobody is a fool. It is better we confront them now about our rights to participate in Governance of our State Lagos or we all divide the country to our various corners. Nothing wrong with that.
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by xtervaganza(m): 7:06pm On Dec 28, 2014
These bastards and their stoopid self entitlement . Did the other numerous tribes in lagos seek political office?

Did my friend who has more than 6 houses and lots of business in Akwa ibom seek ordinary councillor's post?

These animals will put fire on their very own head and when it burns them they cry

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Misogynist2014(m): 7:09pm On Dec 28, 2014
These people should thread softly. To the entire yoruba: Pansa o fura, Pansa wo; Aja o fura, Aja jin. Onile ti o fura, Ole la ko eru e lo. sad

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by knowledgeable: 7:09pm On Dec 28, 2014
StunningCEO:
All these provocation by iboes against everybody is becoming unreal and even the normally accommodating Yorubas on the streets are beginning to whisper loudly about this attitude. Please my fellow brothers, stop asking for trouble. It is getting nearer than you think. The nthern disdain for iboes is soon goin to be child's play compared to what is coming. What is wrong with you Pipul? My brothers? What? Please let us be kiaful o.

You are practicing born to rule mentality in Lagos, in one Nigeria, and Hausa/Fulani are practicing born to rule mentality in Nigeria and the Igbos are asking for Biafra or regional government and your little mind call it a disdain. What will you call a different context if the Igbos are Fulani herdsmen killing and burning towns and villages or as boko haram mass destruction of lifes of Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by dontjealousme1: 7:10pm On Dec 28, 2014
xtervaganza:
These bastards and their stoopid self entitlement . Did the other numerous tribes in lagos seek political office?

Did my friend who has more than 6 houses and lots of business in Akwa ibom seek ordinary councillor's post?

These animals will put fire on their very own head and when it burns them they cry

Dat wan na ur imaginary friend ni...

How can u seek councillor, did u contribute a penny to Akwa Ibom abi Akwa Ibom don turn FCT ni.

One Nigeria is not by-force, Ojukwu told Awolowo to keep his western region, but no, instead Ndiigbo wont build Lagos let 3million Die.

Today Ndiigbo have built Lagos and demanding their right as Lagosians.
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Sheggy13(m): 7:11pm On Dec 28, 2014
Justcash:

Like you noted, those are tales now. We must put the animosities behind and live together as ONE. I should be free to vote and be voted for in any NIGERIAN state. This is supported by the Nigerian constitution. Lagos shouldnt be an exception. Igbos are making valid demands in Lagos state. If you don't want it, speak with your vote, if you are of voting age sha o.
Fair play to you Justcash for not going all emotional and throwing tantrums but rather articulating your points calmly and respectably. Even though I don't share your sentiments, I'll give it to you. Kudos. @all we need to move past all this animosity and carry on living harmoniously as we've always done. Our destinies have been bound together by providence. One people, Great Nation.. We'll get to the promised land someday. If we stand together as one, we cannot be shaken. There's strength in our diversity. It's well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by goldman777: 7:16pm On Dec 28, 2014
foolishness at its peak even as an igbo man i know d igbo group dat wrote dis letter are a useless bunch of confused goats abeg which tribe in nigeria get political positions in igbo land,bloody egyptians in igbo skin

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by dontjealousme1: 7:18pm On Dec 28, 2014
Lagos is multi-ethnic and not yoruba.

Lagos is a State and not a region and as such governance should reflect its multi-ethnic character.
and not regional character.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by StunningCEO: 7:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
knowledgeable:

You are practicing born to rule mentality in Lagos, in one Nigeria, and Hausa/Fulani are practicing born to rule mentality in Nigeria and the Igbos are asking for Biafra or regional government and your little mind call it a disdain. What will you call a different context if the Igbos are Fulani herdsmen killing and burning towns and villages or as boko haram mass destruction of lifes of Nigerians

U r a complete fool to have read d nonsense u posted above in replying to me.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
honestly we igbos are genesis of our problem, thinking that we own lagos .we havent learnt from history, where we lost all our properties in porthacourt city after the civil war.We keep on developing yoloba state in the expense of our land forgetting that the land u claim u bought we only b valid for 99years after which u may b sent packing . Learn the trick from hausa , and the chinese business men here in lagos .And forget abt lagos been marginalized rather focus should b how we igbo land would b developed.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Misogynist2014(m): 7:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
CaptainOjemba:
I am seeing gbege in this thread. Sharpening my cutlass as if tomorrow no dey
Use it on your children.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by noob03saibot(m): 7:20pm On Dec 28, 2014
Justcash:

You sound pained and sad. Cool down, no be fight na. Your vote is your power. If an IGBO man comes out to contest in Lagos state, you need to vote to exert your approval or disapproval. No need to over-work yourself.

Nigeria is on a transition. If Nigeria remains one, I say so considering the amount of hatred you spew, one day a Non-Yoruba will be governor in Lagos state. Then, other states will see the need to open up to other ethnic groups.

Can a non igbo ever run for political office in an igbo land? Answer that question.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by ibnusman(m): 7:21pm On Dec 28, 2014
Igbo should stop making noises and trouble-making. Just focus on business undecided

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ibos should not vote for APC
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by darediamond(m): 7:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
Biafra was stopped by Yorubas because of the impoliteness of Ojukwu.
Why does he and is gang have to Bomb Lagos because he wants to have is Biafra?
Can you please explain?
Justcash:

What I don't understand is how people like you want One Nigeria, but is so scared of practicing One Nigeria. What then was the civil war fought for?

I can see that your mates are quick to like your comment. You guys should be sure of what you want. If you want Lagos for yourselves, why did you waste men and resources trying to stop the emergence of Biafra? Hummmm?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by ziccoit: 7:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
I'm beginning to think Nigeria would have been a wonderful nation without ibos. Bunch of hypocrites.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by aresa: 7:24pm On Dec 28, 2014
knowledgeable:

Brother me, give example now!!.

What example...?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by totoakins(m): 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2014
this ibo people must be very funny. why can't their association in kano write to the governor or in any other northern state? it is simply because Yoruba ppl are generally non violent towards other tribes that they sprout crap

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (36) (Reply)

MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra / Ihedioha’s Task Force Slaps Okorocha’s Daughter / "My Nigerian Hut Versus My New York Mansion"; Professor Shades Donald Trump.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.