Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? (5095 Views)

At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? / Confusion About What To Do In A Relationship. Should I Propose Or End It / Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by airsaylongcon: 12:15am On Dec 28, 2014
Hi guys,
I am really looking for candid advice. I have been dating this girl for approx 2 months. I met her off one if these social platforms and we seemed to hit it off immediately. I had just suffered a tremendous loss and she just seemed to walk in to fill thay vaccum. She had initially told me that she had a temper but I just laughed because as far as I was concerned her temper na apprentice were myvown dey. I had such a short fuse I had blown so many things. However, I have worked on taming it and find out that absolute silence prevents me from saying hurtful words (I get sharp tongue like woman). So I said to myself I will work on making this relationship work. We had hardly done 2weeks when she blew the first fuse. She had asked to be taken to a major retail outlet that had just setup shop whixh I tactfully dodged. She immediately deleted me from BBM to my astonishment. I called and she was combative but I calmed and took control of the situation. On her first visit to my place when I eventually agreed to take her out she made aome snide remarks that lit up some fuse in my head. In other not to say what I will regret I just cut d convo and dropped her off. We made up and had a very smooth patch until for some reason we had a misunderstanding. Again I keep my trap shut make I nor go over yarn. When we resolved she said she doesnt like it that I ignore her when I am angry and I explained to her that my silence was my coping strategy so I dont have a verbal diarrhoea. So o na so we dey do am dey sweet dey go. I must confess though that I am not a very good communicator. Calls and text nobi for me so we had constant running battles over this. Truth be told that I really fell heads-over-heel even if I didnt call per second per second. Anyway last Sunday, she was supposed to spend thr night at mine and asked me to come pick her from the bus stop close to mine. For some reasons I ran late and she had to go and wait in a fast food joint. When I entered to get her I know say water don pass garri. She gave me a very public dressing down (I really hate that and had told her once when we use play play do am). See me wey dey try pet am tell am sorry. I lost my famous temper but kept shut and just codedly ushered her to the motor. Got home and still trying to oet her she let out some more rubbish that I must pay her for all d money she had wasted because of me. She don buy food 1k2. Dats whats waste? Mehn una guy kolo I just gave her the 1k2 and locked up verbally no folloe am talk. In the evening I was so enraged I decided to clean my room. na dat time she decide to throw my pillow for ground. I gave her a SOUND warning. She go lie down for floor for parlor. I tint. cleaned up d room and went to bed. noticed she joined me in bed later at night but nothing happen. Only for me to wake up in the morning she said its over and she was out of my life that she had fallen out of love with me two weeks earlier and was trying to see if she could make it work. I wad shocked.! been pkeading with her since but she says her mind is made up that i am a proud person and I let my ego get in the way of our relationship by ignoring her when angry. I have sweet talked and honey talked but shes holdimg firm. Im at d point of walking buy my heart wants to give it a fight cos she checks many boxes in my list.

NB: I had a big issue with her about cooking. She NEVER cooked for me. NEVER! (I dont count Indomie as cooking). And I never said I LOVE U cos I felt she was punishing me with that. The Indomie sef I had to form deafness when she was complaining that she was hungry before she enter kitchen by herself. She never washed my clothes (I never demanded or expected it and actually washed her clothes on one occassion when she slept ovet).

So NL counsellors please advice should I continue to plead with her given het very stubborn intransigence bordering mockery or should I walk?
Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by Ariyke: 12:20am On Dec 28, 2014
Two sailors can't be in one ship

6 Likes

Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by Freshboi: 12:20am On Dec 28, 2014
oga,you wan hear? move on or move into a canal. grin

2 Likes

Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 28, 2014
U cant force love, if it will be she will come back . No point pleading with her. Just move on or u will look desperate.

3 Likes

Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by blemon44(m): 12:23am On Dec 28, 2014
walk away

your rightful own will come
Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 28, 2014
The boxes ii see you checking is trouble in all forms bro!

4 Likes

Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by waywardpikin: 12:37am On Dec 28, 2014
The e-diot girl in this post reminds me of my ex. My guy walk away. It's simply not worth it.

1 Like

Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by elipheleh(m): 12:39am On Dec 28, 2014
Boy you are a big fool. See as small girl dey turn your head like mumu.

From your confession She ticked many boxes, so you actually love wicked and rude women?
No wonder some girls keep reading books like "Why men love bitches" and "how to be a bitch"

My advice for you is to dump her and don't make her feel like you are feeling any loss or missing her. You are a big boy from your story, you own your own car and apartment. but yet you still act like a slave. You should act like a big boss in real life.

My advice for you is to delete her and get your mind off her unto something else like for two days, go carry ashawo and Bleep for two days. I swear third day, you will forget that idiot's name and she will call back. But expect her call in the next 3 weeks to 3 months (this is a rule I know about women).
When she finally contacts you make sure you have really moved on with another girl by then and don't insult her but never give her attention. Never talk on phone more than 4 seconds (sec) with her. Always politely excuse yourself by forming you have work at hand and too busy and promise to call her back but never do. She will always call everyday and she is hooked for life. Punish her like that way for next 1 month and after that if you are still interested ask her for time to break up with your new girl friend(s), but never actually do any breaking up.

But bro, from your story, that girl is a gold digger. Is she the kind of girl you seriously want? You can do better.

10 Likes

Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by Nobody: 12:39am On Dec 28, 2014
waywardpikin:
The e-diot girl in this post reminds me of my ex. My guy walk away. It's simply not worth it.

Just cuz it didnt work out doesnt make the call an idiot. They probably are just not compatible
Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by waywardpikin: 12:43am On Dec 28, 2014
Lala247:

Just cuz it didnt work out doesnt make the call an idiot. They probably are just not compatible

She is one madam. And yes, they are obviously not compatible.
Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by temitemi1(m): 1:16am On Dec 28, 2014
Two weeks and all these drama don start My brother too much ogas for ship dey sink the ship niooo. Honestly, u need to act like a mature man if u realy want to deal with ladies, dnt ask me what a mature man is grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by Nobody: 1:25am On Dec 28, 2014
temitemi1:
Two weeks and all these drama don start My brother too much ogas for ship dey sink the ship niooo. Honestly, u need to act like a mature man if u realy want to deal with ladies, dnt ask me what a mature man is grin grin

Wts a mature man
Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by Nobody: 1:49am On Dec 28, 2014
Ogaa,why would she cook and wash ur clothes for u...u don pay her bride price??..*take ur time ooo*
Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by Afrok(m): 1:56am On Dec 28, 2014
Op the truth be told, both of U have the same temperament which is not good for partners. Ignoring her is totally not d best option but a counter temper to hers will definitely make her feel sober each time she acts like that.

Last words; leave her and look for a lady that's soft, my fear is that U sound like someone who'll take advantage of the gentleness of any lady.

2 Likes

Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by NickiRoman: 3:05am On Dec 28, 2014
Break Up With her joor
Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by Emmysteve(m): 3:11am On Dec 28, 2014
The relationship is dead on arrival. You're not even helping matter. Why no let her work on her self? Why acting fake in the name of copping with her? Smh

1 Like

Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by Nobody: 3:38am On Dec 28, 2014
Hehehehehe.....

I don't think she wanted to take you seriously. I have a gut feeling that she only stayed that long because she had hoped to get something financial from you.

Dude, your only crime is that you refused to be her ATM card. Assuming you had been one 'cash backed' ATM card, she wouldn't have broken up so soon.
Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by Nobody: 5:40am On Dec 28, 2014
NickiRoman:
Break Up With her joor
bae! tongue
Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 28, 2014
Two angry people dating each other! undecided you two need a therapist! undecided but in the mean time, forget the relationship and find someone who's happy to keep you calm

3 Likes

Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by Gracious10: 5:48am On Dec 28, 2014
@OP,
Anger destroys. It doesn't bring about any good thing. Most important thing here is that 2 people with anger issues shouldn't date. The outcome is disastrous and there will be loads of bitterness stored up for years to come.
Unforgiveness will also thrive amongst you.
Every little issue will become a wild fire cos anger will always need action.
Apologize a little more and see what gives.

1 Like

Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by Sunkyphil(m): 5:50am On Dec 28, 2014
i dont tink dis would wrk as it is obvious dat both of u are not compatible;like poles repel........think about it
Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by Nobody: 6:17am On Dec 28, 2014
Na so u go dey manage her until she put you in a hot soup one day. I once had a hot tempered girlfriend whom I nearly married. I still dey do testimony for church till today for loosing her. See as God pursue devil comot for your domot and here you are considering a second bondage. Smh undecided

2 Likes

Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 28, 2014
You seem like a correct guy stop begging her to come back. You can call her now and then to check on her until she either wants to make it work or she is out of your system.

You can't be the only one wanting things to work so ticking your check list isn't enough She has to want the rship too.

1 Like

Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by Bunker1(m): 6:43am On Dec 28, 2014
some girls are better left single. she can poison you later if care is not taken. from revelation the girl has been hurt before so...she's frustrated somehow. she needs a guy that she will control like PES 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by stinggy(m): 6:49am On Dec 28, 2014
You guys aren't compatible rara. Just dump her silly a$$. You should have done that earlier though, but 'better late than never'.

Let her fly!

1 Like

Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by CoCoLav(f): 7:31am On Dec 28, 2014
elipheleh:
Boy you are a big fool. See as small girl dey turn your head like mumu.

From your confession She ticked many boxes, so you actually love wicked and rude women?
No wonder some girls keep reading books like "Why men love bitches" and "how to be a bitch"

My advice for you is to dump her and don't make her feel like you are feeling any loss or missing her. You are a big boy from your story, you own your own car and apartment. but yet you still act like a slave. You should act like a big boss in real life.

My advice for you is to delete her and get your mind off her unto something else like for two days, go carry ashawo and Bleep for two days. I swear third day, you will forget that idiot's name and she will call back. But expect her call in the next 3 weeks to 3 months (this is a rule I know about women).
When she finally contacts you make sure you have really moved on with another girl by then and don't insult her but never give her attention. Never talk on phone more than 4 seconds (sec) with her. Always politely excuse yourself by forming you have work at hand and too busy and promise to call her back but never do. She will always call everyday and she is hooked for life. Punish her like that way for next 1 month and after that if you are still interested ask her for time to break up with your new girl friend(s), but never actually do any breaking up.

But bro, from your story, that girl is a gold digger. Is she the kind of girl you seriously want? You can do better.

Wow! shocked
Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by airsaylongcon: 7:32am On Dec 28, 2014
temitemi1:

*brings out notebook for Lecture 101: Mature men*
Sir are u dictating the notes or should we just buy d hand out? grin

Seriously though who/what is a mature man? traits and characteristics.
Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by airsaylongcon: 7:36am On Dec 28, 2014
IdiAmin1:
Na so u go dey manage her until she put you in a hot soup one day. I once had a hot tempered girlfriend whom I nearly married. I still dey do testimony for church till today for loosing her. See as God pursue devil comot for your domot and here you are considering a second bondage. Smh undecided

loooolz....funny thing is i have dated a girl with a more fiery temper than this one. that one na real jaguda warri babe. onlay me just give myself brain run. i guess i just got served.

1 Like

Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by airsaylongcon: 7:42am On Dec 28, 2014
MimeeTee:
Ogaa,why would she cook and wash ur clothes for u...u don pay her bride price??..*take ur time ooo*

lifr is give and take. when she visits I always cook for her when she starts complaining shes hungry. Im not a very good cook but I still do it. if sje had just entered the kitchen ONCE dats all...i no dey cross my boundary
Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by 1one: 8:02am On Dec 28, 2014
I don't even know how you managed to stay with her for that long...I give you loads of credit. I have absolutely zero tolerance for a lady with a temper... It's so repelling.

Move on with your life man... Don't Ever Ever Ever take her back, a girl like that can kill you and get a good lawyer to help her cover it up or maybe claim self defense angry

There's nothing better than having a woman that gives you peace as a man. When you're in relationship with a woman that gives you peace, you would look fresher and healthier, people would think you're on some sort of performance drug or because you've been eating well, they wouldn't know it's peace that's feeding your buoyant look.

2 Likes

Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by anitank(f): 8:05am On Dec 28, 2014
I'm super curious to know about the boxes Bae thicked on op's list. Instincts tell me it's nothing beyond the physical features

Like someone said, you can do better!
Re: Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? by euthanasia: 8:32am On Dec 28, 2014
airsaylongcon:

(I never demanded or expected it and actually washed her clothes on one occassion when she slept ovet).
. You actually washed her clothes in just under 1 Month? ...hmmm interesting. I guess she left because she's been unable to see the real you despite her dressing you down" on several occasions and is scared of what she might discover when you get to your boiling point. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! My Husband Want To Kill Me With Sex / I Need A Wife. Wish Me Luck / Am I Asking For Too Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.