Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others (27533 Views)

Stop Hating Other Nigerians If You Want To Produce President –Okorocha To Ndigbo / The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka / 2015: ACF, Others Plan Campaign Against Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by Krisddon: 2:08pm On Dec 28, 2014
PassingShot:
Before you react to this, please answer this question objectively:

[size=20pt]If you were in same position as the North with the agreement reached with the clueless one, would you have acted differently?[/size]

Even the South rejects Jonathan as well!

The North rejects him for going back on his agreement of one term only. If found in same situation as them, I will take similar decision.

We the Yorubas reject him on the basis of performance and for calling our leaders rascals smong many other blunders.

The Itsekiris and Urhobos reject him for allowing Tompolo to trample on them and for marginalization.

Other well meaning Nigerians, irrespective of tribe and religion reject him for corruption and sbsence of security in the land.

The International Community rejects him for being so clueless and incompetent which has made us become a laughing stock in the committee of nations.

The voice of the people is the voice of God.

GMB 2015.
You are the worse fool of the century! What agreement have Jonathan with the North? Oh, you mean the North is empowered by the constitution to produce the president? Or it's your birth right to determine who rules?
Stupid born to rule mentality!
Stop him if you can!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by Krisddon: 2:16pm On Dec 28, 2014
PassingShot:

There is a clear difference between Buhari's statement and an agreement entered into by Jonathan to do one term.

The difference is that Buhari's was a statement never based on any condition. Jonathan's was premised on a condition. Something like "if you do this for me, I will do this for you in return".

So he entered into a proper agreement that if the North supports him to be president, he will do one term and the presidency will return to them. And he is morally obliged to fulfill it. Just like me telling you that if you come with me, I will buy you a dinner. If you indeed come with me, I'll be morally responsible for your dinner.

Can this same meaning be made from Buhari's statement? No.

Hope I'm clear.

And on that of speaking for other regions and tribes you must understand that the statement is just what it is. It doesn't mean all Yorubas will vote for Buhari just as not all Christians and south-southerners will vote for Jonathan.
Even as I don't know you, your degree of foolishness embarrasses me right in my living room! What agreement are you talking about? Oh, Jonathan had an agreement with the almighty North (the king makers).
Let thou not be deceived, if Buhari would rule, he would have won in the previous election. Ooops He's lost forever!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by PassingShot(m): 2:49pm On Dec 28, 2014
Krisddon:

Even as I don't know you, your degree of foolishness embarrasses me right in my living room! What agreement are you talking about? Oh, Jonathan had an agreement with the almighty North (the king makers).
Let thou not be deceived, if Buhari would rule, he would have won in the previous election. Ooops He's lost forever!

Couldn't you have passed your message without the insults? I see, the desperation of PDP/GEJ has infested the brains of Jonathanians!

If Buhari wins next year, please make sure you don't commit suicide sha.
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by Fellywood(m): 2:56pm On Dec 28, 2014
PassingShot:

Buhari's past says otherwise. Jonathan's present says we are doomed!
HOW OLD ARE YOU?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by PassingShot(m): 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2014
Fellywood:

HOW OLD ARE YOU?

5 years sir.
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by Fellywood(m): 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
PassingShot:

5 years sir.
OK, WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE 18 BEFORE YOU RETURN TO MAKE YOUR SOUNDLESS NOISE. TNX

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by poseidon12: 3:23pm On Dec 28, 2014
PassingShot:

In your own world, you have made loads of sense! What's with the insults from Jonathanians? And before you rant further, did you read the news I attached? I know you're blinded by bigotry of ethnicity and religion. No surprises there!

Case of pot calling kettle black. Whoever does not go with you is blinded by ethnicity and religion. God will keep all of us. If Buhari wins, within the first year, by the time the northern oligarchy tells everybody whatsup, it would be regrets. It has happened before. Will happen again. And that is assuming that Tinubu does not make last minute deal with Jonathan, pockets some money and leaves the rest of you clueless ones holding the bag. Ask Nuhu Ribadu about that (ref: last presidential election).
Like I said earlier, we are entitled to one vote each. No need making much noise. You are sure of only your one vote ( unless you are planning to engage in some unwholesome act).

3 Likes

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by PassingShot(m): 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
Fellywood:

Brouhaha
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by Rayscell: 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2014
Actually I will support the North on this because, out of 15 years of Democracy, yoruba 8, Hausa 2 and south 5. 2 years of yar'dua remain the best government of this federation so far.
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:58pm On Dec 28, 2014
PassingShot:

Couldn't you have passed your message without the insults? I see, the desperation of PDP/GEJ has infested the brains of Jonathanians!

......and if he loses, you are free to commit suicide bro.

3 Likes

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by Myself2(m): 4:10pm On Dec 28, 2014
Fellywood:

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by VanityUponVanit: 4:20pm On Dec 28, 2014
God's designed will surely come to pass. If GEJ does not insist Nigeria may not have fine and genuine people to govern from the north. The likes of Aminu Kano, etc.
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by MayorofLagos(m): 4:34pm On Dec 28, 2014
NEF spokesman and former Adviser on Food Security to ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo, Prof. Ango Abdullahi, who spoke for the groups, warned that if parties to the pact failed to adhere to it, the North would use its numerical strength to ensure that power returned to it in 2015.

“The North is determined and is insistent that the leadership of this country will rotate to it in 2015 and I am making that very very clear to you (journalists),Abdullahi said.

“The North on the basis of one man, one vote can keep power indefinitely in the present Nigerian state.If it is on the basis of one man, one vote, demography shows that the North can keep power as long as it wants because it will always win elections,” he added.

The only reason power is going to North is because there is a schedule agreeing on a rotation, and not becaause their population can win it for them.

If we go by headcount alone the North will lose. This is not census, this is voting!

During a census the agent visits homesteads and count people in their homes. Women in purdah, banned by their culturw from coming in contact with public are visited in the interior of their compound by female agents who conducts a count.

In elections, these women will be required to go in public under the gaze of other men, an act the Hausaman despise. Therefore a vast number of headcount of voting age will not go to the booth and therefore a census count in North is always higher than vote count. Professor Abdullahi knows this but he is playing on the ignorance of SS and SE people who have no clue how the system works up North.

In Yorubaland, there is no restriction, not even women in purdah. The count you get during census is a close match to the count in polling booths.

I know Ibo has no restriction either.

So the claim of one man one vote actually favors the South, not the North. Unless they are ready to suddenly open the gate and allow all women in purdah to be out in public in day time......an act that will escalate frustration in bokoharam camp and lead to a fatal response across the entire North.

I noticed also where he inferred that the Middle Belt also want a Northerner in power. He said that so softly it was obvious he sees Middle Belt as the deciding factor in whether or not power returns to the North on account of headcount.

Anyway, net-net, we in SW are moving forward for a power rotation to North and then SW.

Lets march for APC victory! Their manifesto guarantees a return to regional government, this has earned them an endorsement of the Afenifere leadership and OPC has also sspoken favorably on their behalf.

We are going for regionalism, we are voting APC.
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by rozayx5(m): 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

......and if he loses, you are free to commit suicide bro.

https://www.nairaland.com/2065278/what-did-buhari-achieve-infrastructurally
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by cut007: 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2014
PassingShot:

I don't have to start Google searching for you. He said it and the Yorubas don't forget that type of insult!
If you consider tbe likes Tinubu Lie Muhammed, and Agberosola as your leaders, then I'm sorry to tell you once again that your leaders are indeed rascals. Rascals not as an insult but a statement of fact. With enough evidence to back it up!!!!!!
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by MayorofLagos(m): 4:44pm On Dec 28, 2014
cut007:
If you consider tbe likes Tinubu Lie Muhammed, and Agberosola as your leaders, then I'm sorry to tell you once again that your leaders are indeed rascals. Rascals not as an insult but a statement of fact. With enough evidence to back it up!!!!!!

the politics of Nigeria is a roughshod that it takes rascality to succeed in it.

Tell your leaders to become rascals if they have any hope of ever succeeding in the Nigerian democracy.
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by cut007: 4:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
MayorofLagos:

the politics of Nigeria is a roughshod that it takes rascality to succeed in it.

Tell your leaders to become rascals if they have any hope of ever succeeding in the Nigerian democracy.
But we are succeeding already without rascality. (We use non- violent and constructive bargaining)
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by Kenai: 5:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
PassingShot:

OK. Whatever rocks your boat.

But mind you, your boss, the clueless one has never denied it. Thank you.

Where is the document?
Moreover, the so-called agreement was among PDP members, so I fail to see how that concerns the APC and their noisy but empty politicians.
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by LAX89(m): 5:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ikengawo:
[size=15pt]North must produce president in 2015 – ACF, others[/size]

http://www.punchng.com/news/north-must-produce-president-in-2015-acf-others/

North has produced presidents for Nigeria more than any other ethnic group in Nigeria. And what did the north achieve for their people or Nigeria, they produced boko haram, almajiris, uneducated and backwards northern Nigeria, underdeveloped Nigeria, they institutionalized child rape in the name of marriage, they enriched themselves, their families and friends at the detriment of the country. Maybe its time the north concentrate on producing ram and cattle ONLY!
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2014
LAX89:

North has produced presidents for Nigeria more than any other ethnic group in Nigeria. And what did the north achieve for their people or Nigeria, they produced boko haram, almajiris, uneducated and backwards northern Nigeria, underdeveloped Nigeria, they institutionalized child rape in the name of marriage, they enriched themselves, their families and friends at the detriment of the country. Maybe its time the north concentrate on producing ram and cattle ONLY!

They also...

Established programes like NYSC, Bank of Agriculture, Universities, Nigeria's highways system, FRSC, WAI..Nigeria's first anti-corruption effort, Nigerian Air Force, Civil defence Corps, Mobile Police Force,tightened the laws governing our banks,kept Nigeria one, started the Unity Schools, set up the NTA, and the FRCN, established states and LGA's, DFFRI, OMPADEC(Now NDDC), PTF,.....and many other things.....all done under Northern leaders.

Nigeria's problems,if you ask me,are our oil dependent dutch diseased economy....and the fact that we still seem to think that our brother getting into power constitutes development....which is the motivation for majority of the supporters of GEJ and Buhari.

Indeed, if you ask me...Nigeria's problem is that we are not made to work for our money.We have resources galore...so we expect to live like rich men's wives....having our every need catered for. That is not what serious nations do. Serious nations realise that they don;t have enough to begin with....and as such they work to make sure they get what they lack...and once that mission is accomplished...they keep on working to make sure that they are able to live rich. But you Nigerians are not like that. You want to chop....and if you do not get your chop...you threaten fire and brimstone.

You Nigerians need to change yer mentality.
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by Kenai: 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2014
rckdude:

He actually did when he came to Lagos to campaign for his first term elections. For a president, he has an unbridled tongue. Not like I liked the then ACN, but the #1citizen of Nigeria shouldn't stoop that low to exchange insult just to win elections.

This is actually the genesis of the insults he keeps getting from SW. You earn respect and its also reciprocal.

He was also present when SE politicians were insulting APC, Yoruba and Pa Awolowo. The fact is dt our President's body language, actions and inactions tends to divide us along ethnic and tribal lines.

God bless Nigeria!

Please, get your facts right.
Goodluck Jonathan NEVER insulted Yoruba leaders as the propagandists are saying. As a matter of fact, I remember what happened.

It was during the 2011 election period, when he went to campaign in the South-West for himself and the PDP candidates.
He was in a state controlled by ACN when he said...

[size=18pt]"The South-West is too important to be under the control of rascals"[/size]

That was an obvious zinger aimed at TINUBU AND HIS ASSOCIATES.
I repeat, at NO POINT did he ever say "Yoruba leaders," so why the lie?
Let's stop this, please.

1 Like

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by Ramsey247(m): 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ikengawo:
[size=15pt]North must produce president in 2015 – ACF, others[/size]

http://www.punchng.com/news/north-must-produce-president-in-2015-acf-others/
During the Military Era, Buhari said he did not believe in Democracy so i dont know why he wants to be president now.
Meanwhile get this. Its only Amaechi and his alies that dont want GEJ and not south south. Any ways the coming Election will prove it to you.
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by rckdude: 6:46pm On Dec 28, 2014
Kenai:

Goodluck Jonathan NEVER insulted Yoruba leaders as the propagandists are saying. As a matter of fact, I remember what happened.

It was during the 2011 election period, when he went to campaign in the South-West for himself and the PDP candidates.

[size=18pt]"The South-West is too important to be under the control of rascals"[/size]

Let's stop this, please.

And can you please name these so called "associates"? These associates are the elders in the then ACN. They represent to a large extent Yoruba elders, we both know SW pple love and respect the ACN (with or without Tinubu). Now tell me, can Jonathan go to Anambra to campaign for PDP and call APGA leaders rascals? Can GEJ go to the north and call these same northern leaders rascals all because they demand for a northerner as president in 2015?

Sincerely I don't support pple insulting the office of the president, I believe he is the president of Nigeria and not PDP, but GEJ with his utterances and actions has desecrated the office. Am a SW and I will not condole a president that calls any of my SW governors rascals all because they belong to the opposition.
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by rckdude: 6:51pm On Dec 28, 2014
Kenai:

Let's stop this, please.

And what do you have to say about his presence in Anambra when they were raining insults on the SW?
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by MayorofLagos(m): 6:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
cut007:
But we are succeeding already without rascality. (We use non- violent and constructive bargaining)

where is your political success? Point to it.
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by Kenai: 6:58pm On Dec 28, 2014
rckdude:

And can you please name these so called "associates"? These associates are the elders in the then ACN. They represent to a large extent Yoruba elders, we both know SW pple love and respect the ACN (with or without Tinubu). Now tell me, can Jonathan go to Anambra to campaign for PDP and call APGA leaders rascals? Can GEJ go to the north and call these same northern leaders rascals all because they demand for a northerner as president in 2015?

Sincerely I don't support pple insulting the office of the president, I believe he is the president of Nigeria and not PDP, but GEJ with his utterances and actions has desecrated the office. Am a SW and I will not condole a president that calls any of my SW governors rascals all because they belong to the opposition.

It's your choice to misconstrue, but the fact of the matter is that he never singled out "Yoruba leaders".
If he really insulted Yoruba leaders, how come you never stopped to ask yourself why Mimiko, Alao-Akala (he was governor at the time) and the numerous Yoruba Obas never reacted, but ONLY ACN members had their knickers in a twist?

Also, for the record, ONLY Lagos and Osun were under the control of ACN in the South-West at that time (pre-election 2011), so that statement about how "they represented, to a 'LARGE' extent, Yoruba elders" is technically false.

In the end, you have the freedom to read the currents as you wish.
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by Kenai: 7:02pm On Dec 28, 2014
rckdude:

And what do you have to say about his presence in Anambra when they were raining insults on the SW?

The SE politicians were raining insults on Awolowo and the ACN as a party, please.
Learn to distinguish between Awolowo, ACN and Yorubas. Because, guess what? They are not the same.
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by Chigold101(m): 7:28pm On Dec 28, 2014
Chemical2:
The north has the numbers to do so. If what i hear about Buhari is any thing to go by then i think i support power shift to the north.
the north is not more than the south... Ihave u been to the north and see what they call local governments. They are not up to a town in south. In the noth tress & animals are counted as human beings. If the north & the south votes one man, one vote with no voters imported from Chad, Niger, northern Cameroun and no falsefication of numbers... The north cant have more vote than the south...
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by rckdude: 7:32pm On Dec 28, 2014
Kenai:

It's your choice to misconstrue, but the fact of the matter is that he never singled out "Yoruba leaders".
If he really insulted Yoruba leaders, how come you never stopped to ask yourself why Mimiko, Alao-Akala (he was governor at the time) and the numerous Yoruba Obas never reacted, but ONLY ACN members had their knickers in a twist?

Also, for the record, ONLY Lagos and Osun were under the control of ACN in the South-West at that time (pre-election 2011), so that statement about how "they represented, to a 'LARGE' extent, Yoruba elders" is technically false.

And after the elections how many ACN governors sprang out from the SW? Lagos, Ekiti, Osun, Ogun, Oyo, so all these governors are rascals? Not like I expect you not to sugar coat your replies, but be real man.

I insist that its not befitting for a president to make such utterances. And you are yet to answer my questions; can GEJ make such callous statements in the North or SE? We do have oppositions there too you know.

I won't insult him because as unfortunate as it is, he is my president, but whatever insults he receives from the opposition, all I can say is that GEJ started it, he should learn to live with it.

If you wish to still quote me, be kind enough to answer the questions above
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by rckdude: 7:33pm On Dec 28, 2014
Kenai:

And after the elections how many ACN governors sprang out from the SW? Lagos, Ekiti, Osun, Ogun, Oyo, so all these governors are rascals? Not like I expect you not to sugar coat your replies, but be real man.

I insist that its not befitting for a president to make such utterances. And you are yet to answer my questions; can GEJ make such callous statements in the North or SE? We do have oppositions there too you know.

I won't insult him because as unfortunate as it is, he is my president, but whatever insults he receives from the opposition, all I can say is that GEJ started it, he should learn to live with it.

If you wish to still quote me, be kind enough to answer the questions above.
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by rckdude: 7:41pm On Dec 28, 2014
Kenai:

The SE politicians were raining insults on Awolowo and the ACN as a party, please.
Learn to distinguish between Awolowo, ACN and Yorubas. Because, guess what? They are not the same.

And I hope you know what Awolowo means to an average Yoruba man. Things like these are what keep dividing us on ethnic lines. Would you like it if some political bigots from SW or north gathered together and insult Azikiwe or Ojukwu and we have the President of Nigeria sitting there and cheering them on?

The president shouldn't be associated with things like these. He is the president of NIGERIA. Its time he acted like one. Oops, I think its already late for him. Change is here. The change is GMB.
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by Krisddon: 8:01pm On Dec 28, 2014
PassingShot:

You wish!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Motion: 22 APC Northern Senators ‘working Against Buhari’ / Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar / Buhari Drives Tractor, Launches Plateau State Tractor Ownership Scheme (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.