Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,991 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others (27590 Views)

Stop Hating Other Nigerians If You Want To Produce President –Okorocha To Ndigbo / The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka / 2015: ACF, Others Plan Campaign Against Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by thunder74(m): 10:55am On Dec 28, 2014
PassingShot:

There is a clear difference between Buhari's statement and an agreement entered into by Jonathan to do one term.

The difference is that Buhari's was a statement never based on any condition. Jonathan's was premised on a condition. Something like "if you do this for me, I will do this for you in return".

So he entered into a proper agreement that if the North supports him to be president, he will do one term and the presidency will return to them. And he is morally obliged to fulfill it. Just like me telling you that if you come with me, I will buy you a dinner. If you indeed come with me, I'll be morally responsible for your dinner.

Can this same meaning be made from Buhari's statement? No.

Hope I'm clear.

And on that of speaking for other regions and tribes you must understand that the statement is just what it is. It doesn't mean all Yorubas will vote for Buhari just as not all Christians and south-southerners will vote for Jonathan.
I thought you will upload the agreement he signed with the North that he will do a one term. Even Gov. ALIU of Niger that was screaming agreement with North is clamouring and campaigning for GEJ second term. All na propaganda, remember North started ganging up against Jonathan the moment Yar Adua died, remember Carbal and Doctrine of necessity?
Let's I forget, Buhari's promise is to the whole world. I heard him, guess you did too.

2 Likes

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by PassingShot(m): 11:00am On Dec 28, 2014
thunder74:

I thought you will upload the agreement he signed with the North that he will do a one term. Even Gov. ALIU of Niger that was screaming agreement with North is clamouring and campaigning for GEJ second term. All na propaganda, remember North started ganging up against Jonathan the moment Yar Adua died, remember Carbal and Doctrine of necessity?
Let's I forget, Buhari's promise is to the whole world. I heard him, guess you did too.

By being economical with the truth doesn't make it not to be. It was in the news and the sound of it was loud enough for anyone to now claim not to have heard it.

There you have an evidence.

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by thunder74(m): 11:16am On Dec 28, 2014
PassingShot:

By being economical with the truth doesn't make it not to be. It was in the news and the sound of it was loud enough for anyone to now claim not to have heard it.

There you have an evidence.
The agreement I was asking you to produce is the one he made with the North that they threatened to produce, the one they alleged he signed with them. Guess you do not have it because it does not exist.
Then, on the attached or posted news paper, Jonathan was proposing a single term of 5 years for the president and governors and promised that if it is approved, he will only serve one term. The question is, was the proposal accepted? NO, it was not, therefore the condition in which to sacrifice his constitutional rights does not exist. Read the attached news and stop misleading people with your propaganda.

3 Likes

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by felibrain: 11:19am On Dec 28, 2014
PassingShot:

There is a clear difference between Buhari's statement and an agreement entered into by Jonathan to do one term.

The difference is that Buhari's was a statement never based on any condition. Jonathan's was premised on a condition. Something like "if you do this for me, I will do this for you in return".

So he entered into a proper agreement that if the North supports him to be president, he will do one term and the presidency will return to them. And he is morally obliged to fulfill it. Just like me telling you that if you come with me, I will buy you a dinner. If you indeed come with me, I'll be morally responsible for your dinner.

Can this same meaning be made from Buhari's statement? No.

Hope I'm clear.

And on that of speaking for other regions and tribes you must understand that the statement is just what it is. It doesn't mean all Yorubas will vote for Buhari just as not all Christians and south-southerners will vote for Jonathan.
Can We see a copy of the Agreement duly signed by Mr . President please? else your claim is Baseless.

2 Likes

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by PassingShot(m): 11:25am On Dec 28, 2014
felibrain:

Can We see a copy of the Agreement duly signed by Mr . President please? else your claim is Baseless.

I don't have it sir. But I know there was one.

grin grin grin
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by PassingShot(m): 11:28am On Dec 28, 2014
thunder74:

The agreement I was asking you to produce is the one he made with the North that they threatened to produce, the one they alleged he signed with them. Guess you do not have it because it does not exist.
Then, on the attached or posted news paper, Jonathan was proposing a single term of 5 years for the president and governors and promised that if it is approved, he will only serve one term. The question is, was the proposal accepted? NO, it was not, therefore the condition in which to sacrifice his constitutional rights does not exist. Read the attached news and stop misleading people with your propaganda.

Is that what you read from there? OK, I see. EOD
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by hyfr(m): 11:29am On Dec 28, 2014
BedLam:
Good one! At least Tompolo has gotten some cannons. By January the drones will arrive. It's heated already. Let's see what would be left off this country. .
ammunitions are coming to us small small.. We know what they intend to do if Gej wins
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by felibrain: 11:29am On Dec 28, 2014
PassingShot:

grin grin grin
Alright, thanks.
CASE CLOSED.

1 Like

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by thunder74(m): 11:36am On Dec 28, 2014
PassingShot:

grin grin grin
I respect your sincerity sir. You cant have it because it does not exist. The problem is that the North is not comfortable with Jonathan as president because he is changing the status squo. Check all Jonathan's appointments starting from Ihejirika, Azazi, Censor DG etc, you will appreciate what I am talking about. The revival of rail systems will kill the monopoly of trailer business, Federal Character is dying gradually, other sections are asking for more states and equal representation at the National level. Think bros, you will understand what I am talking about.

3 Likes

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by PassingShot(m): 11:38am On Dec 28, 2014
thunder74:

I respect your sincerity sir. You cant have it because it does not exist. The problem is that the North is not comfortable with Jonathan as president because he is changing the status squo. Check all Jonathan's appointments starting from Ihejirika, Azazi, Censor DG etc, you will appreciate what I am talking about. The revival of rail systems will kill the monopoly of trailer business, Federal Character is dying gradually, other sections are asking for more states and equal representation at the National level. Think bros, you will understand what I am talking about.

I don't have it because I'm not supposed to have it. That doesn't mean there was none. Hope you understand that too.
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by HugeMac: 11:40am On Dec 28, 2014
salt1:
From another Northern elder- ALIYU GWARZO

''When I say that the Presidency must come to the north next year I am referring to the Hausa-Fulani core north and not any northern christian or muslim minority tribe.

The Christians in the north such as the Berom, the Tiv, the Kataf, the Jaba, the Zuru, the Sayyawa, the Bachama, the Jukun, the Idoma and all the others are nothing and the muslim minorities in the north, including the Kanuri, the Nupe, the Igbira, the Babur, the Shuwa Arabs, the Marghur and all the others know that when we are talking about leadership in the north and in Nigeria, Allah has given it to us, the Hausa-Fulani.

They can grumble, moan and groan as much as they want but each time they go into their bedrooms to meet their wives and each time they get on their prayer mats to begin their prayers, it is we the Fulani that they think of, that they fear, that they bow to and that they pray for.

Some of them are even ready to give us their wives and daughters for one nights sport and pleasure. They owe us everything. This is because we gave them Islam through the great Jihad waged by Sheik Usman Dan Fodio.

We also captured Ilorin, killed their local King and installed our Fulani Emir. We took that ancient town away from the barbarian yoruba and their filthy pagan gods. We liberated all these places and all these people by imposing islam on them by force.

It was either the Koran or the sword and most of them chose the Koran. In return for the good works of our forefathers Allah, through the British, gave us Nigeria to rule and to do with as we please. Since 1960 we have been doing that and we intend to continue.

No Goodluck or anyone else will stop us from taking back our power next year. We will kill, maim, destroy and turn this country into Africa's biggest war zone and refugee camp if they try it.

Many say we are behind Boko Haram. My answer is what do you expect? We do not have economic power or intellectual power. All we have is political power and they want to take even that from us.

We must fight and we will fight back in order to keep it. They have brought in the infidels from America and the pigs from Israel to help them but they will fail. The war has just begun, the Mujahadeen are more than ready and by Allah we shall win.

If they don't want an ISIS in Nigeria then they must give us back the Presidency and our political power. Their soldiers are killing our warriors and our people every day but mark this: even if it takes one hundred years we will have our revenge.

Every Fulani man that they kill is a debt that will be repaid even if it takes 100 years. The Fulani have very long memories.''- ALIYU GWARZO

THIS IS SERIOUS

3 Likes

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by HirstMOG(m): 11:47am On Dec 28, 2014
rckdude:

Do you know why GEJ unfortunate utterances never cause riots in the SW? Its because SW youths are more enlightened. I support GMB no doubt and I also admit his statements as a northern political leader is rather insensitive. But that's the north bro, and GMB isn't the president of Nigeria, GEJ is. So as a national leader he should always find a way to bring the nation together not divide it.

Well, that's not even why I won't vote for GEJ. I think he condoles corruption, he is clueless, (stealing is not corruption!). What has happened to the oil subsidy debacle? What has he done to the cabal he claimed were in his cabinet and too powerful for him as a president? How did he handle the chibok girls episode? Why did he have to wait for a 13 yr old girl to tell him to act responsibly?

I can go on and on but I guess you already know all. I just need reasonable explanations not even right or wrong answers just explanations from him.

I need a change and frankly I dont think GEJ will give me the change I need. GMB breaths fresh air. That's a change.

Brother there is no government in this world that will ever govern without constant exposure to criticism. GEJ is not a perfect man and me as a person have criticized him in some ways but, must we occupied a certain position before we can profer solutions to issues? Majority of those APC supporters are failures from PDP, other non-PDP political offfice holders, how far have they manage the resources within their powers? The problem of this nation is far from the presidency because in our own little ways we are not helping issues, always criticizing. I just pray that this change of persons in power we are caving for won't take us back from where we are presently!! God bless Nigeria!!!

3 Likes

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by dhidden: 11:52am On Dec 28, 2014
[quote author=Ikengawo post=29262555][size=15pt]North must produce president in 2015 – ACF, others[/size]

http://www.punchng.com/news/north-must-produce-president-in-2015-acf-others/[/quote

I keep mentioning GOD in Nigeria's situation and it has become a sweet burden and I laugh when I hear things like "The North Must Produce President 2015". I see arrogance, men playing God consciously or unconsciously, men challenging God forgetting completely that GOD rules in the affairs of all HIS creation. That it sometimes appears God is silent does not mean HE does not exist. HIS plans are ALWAYS executed VERY TIMELY and when the time comes, NOW is the time, you cannot stop HIM. Let all who want to choose for GOD keep quiet or be disgraced. Don't even try to fathom how HE does things HIS OWN WAY. His ways are mysterious and not our ways.
GOD can silence anyone IN HIS WAY forever! Think about it.

2 Likes

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by EHoudini: 12:02pm On Dec 28, 2014
Are...wat? Elders? Can one honestly labelled them as such? An elder who's only concern is his stomach is no elder. So, as a northerner myself, i say these lazy old men should go die.

What have they for us all these yrs they held d highest office in the land?

They bury their heads in shame!

3 Likes

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by ogene007: 12:05pm On Dec 28, 2014
This is coming from a spokesman for the Hausa/Fulani political establishment whose interest in Nigeria is the perpetual control of the oil from the Niger delta. I hope that some of the misguided youths from the southwest who are being used by the equally misguided APC southwest leaders, can now see the folly in their blind support for GMB.They are simply the 'mugus' in the political game of Nigeria. Just like the hausa/fulani have used and dumped the likes of Awolowo, Abiola, Ken Saro-wiwa etc, they are now using Tinubu, Amaechi, Rochas etc. It is not too late for these misguided APC leaders to retrace their steps. All this talk of fixing Nigeria, fighting corruption etc are all bullshit, after all, between 1979 and 1999, when the hausa/fulani were managing Nigeria, what did they achieve, other than a near total collapse of Nigeria with the collapse of Nigerian Airways, Railway corporation, NITEL, NEPA, Refineries etc.Also not spared was the naira that suffered massive multiple devaluations for over twenty years that we stuck with them. They obviously do not have the capacity to fix anything other than the continued mismanagement of the resources from the south. The PDP led government has been fixing Nigeria, though more work needs to be done in the area of fighting corruption. Corrupt politicians must not be allowed to enjoy their loot, and that is where the asset forfeiture bill comes in. This bill when passed into law will in combination with the FOI law and the public procurement law, strengthen EFCC in its war against corruption. We cannot overemphasize the fact that what Nigeria needs are strong institutions.This will ensure that people who have no business in politics will go and look elsewhere. The passage of the asset forfeiture bill into law will make political office unattractive, and all these noise about rotation this, rotation that, will simply die away. In addition, there will be less tensions during elections because the primary motivation behind the quest for power by most of our political class, which is to loot the nations resources, especially money from oil in the Niger delta, will no longer exist. These are the real issues that Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) and the northern elders should be canvassing for, if they are indeed interested in the welfare of the suffering masses in the north.They should stop this campaign for the 'rotation of the power to loot'.If there is any pressure that Nigerians should be mounting right now on the present administration, it is for the national assembly to quickly pass the asset forfieture bill and forward same to GEJ so that we as a nation can for once, move forward. GEJ till 2019.

5 Likes

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by zheroes(m): 12:17pm On Dec 28, 2014
this regional thing is killing this country. if they say north must rule why conduct elections? who made that agreement? so if a toad is the best a region can bring then we all sit and watch, what hell of a country is this? in as much as i desire change and see this present administration as the biggest joke ever i do not subscribe to anything regional, it only fuels enmity, selfishness and greed. i don't give a hoot if the president is from somalia just give us what we deserve, healthcare, power, good road, housing, food, jobs etc. if they are so hell bent on ruling against the peoples mandate its okay that means they will rule the north while someone else rules the south, at least they have the power they crave.
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by meccuno: 12:18pm On Dec 28, 2014
PassingShot:
Before you react to this, please answer this question objectively:

[size=20pt]If you were in same position as the North with the agreement reached with the clueless one, would you have acted differently?[/size]

Even the South rejects Jonathan as well!

The North rejects him for going back on his agreement of one term only. If found in same situation as them, I will take similar decision.

We the Yorubas reject him on the basis of performance and for calling our leaders rascals smong many other blunders.

The Itsekiris and Urhobos reject him for allowing Tompolo to trample on them and for marginalization.

Other well meaning Nigerians, irrespective of tribe and religion reject him for corruption and sbsence of security in the land.

The International Community rejects him for being so clueless and incompetent which has made us become a laughing stock in the committee of nations.

The voice of the people is the voice of God.

GMB 2015.
but tinubu embezzled state funds,promoted and elitist govt,disrespected and insulted your obas and he was embraced and told a job well done.......what's the difference?

4 Likes

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by rckdude: 12:46pm On Dec 28, 2014
HirstMOG:

Brother there is no government in this world that will ever govern without constant exposure to criticism. GEJ is not a perfect man and me as a person have criticized him in some ways but, must we occupied a certain position before we can profer solutions to issues? Majority of those APC supporters are failures from PDP, other non-PDP political offfice holders, how far have they manage the resources within their powers? The problem of this nation is far from the presidency because in our own little ways we are not helping issues, always criticizing. I just pray that this change of persons in power we are caving for won't take us back from where we are presently!! God bless Nigeria!!!

You are right, every presidents face criticism, but what makes a good president is how he responds to criticism. Consequently, even if GMB wins he would be criticised. How he responds is what matters.

GEJ has spent 6yrs in power and without prejudice, my life as a citizen of this great country hadn't changed. Electricity supply hasn't improved, security is a bigger national issue, corruption is at its peak. Has standard of education risen? He founded more universities, but do we have our own Harvard or Cambridge? Do you know our many months higher institutions went on strike? The most annoying achievement I heard is that we have more billionaires!

I have so many questions I wish I could ask him directly. If he couldn't do anything about these after 6 yrs, who says he would with another 4 yrs. You know what they say "you can't keep doing the same thing and expect a different result"

Let's do something different now by voting for change. I vote for GMB for the change.
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by poseidon12: 12:48pm On Dec 28, 2014
thunder74:

@Thunder74; I am glad you got the context under which the headline pasted by PassingShot was made. Jonathan was proposing a single term. But it was rejected. Many accused him of wanting to extend his term.
@PassingShot; you thought you were clever by pasting that headline to hoodwink gullible ones. Well, you are clever by half. You only have one vote. We all do. So speak for yourself. I personally know Yorubas that are strong supporters of Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by emmykk(m): 12:50pm On Dec 28, 2014
babs01:

Who tell you that we (south western) we vote GEJ. be decieving urself, how many Yorubas are in top six seats in Nigeria? None.

We will produce Vp, speaker, deputy senate president etc with APC.

Sai Buhari GMB 2015
speaker was zone to yoruba,but your leaders gamble.well i will remind you when your people have voted...come feburary.

3 Likes

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by funkiebully: 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2014
Thunder tear d abunna of all these animals and any goat that votes Buhari next year. Born to rule my pink anus.
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by zheroes(m): 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2014
Popemax:
Born to rule mentality.....Sorry old man it won't work for you this time.......GEJ till 2019
i am an advocate for change.at the moment i don't believe in any of the candidates. kindly sell GEJ to me?
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by zheroes(m): 12:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
funkiebully:
Thunder tear d abunna of all these animals and any goat that votes Buhari next year. Born to rule my pink anus.
i am an advocate of change.at the moment i don't believe in any of the candidates. kindly sell GEJ to me?
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by PassingShot(m): 1:05pm On Dec 28, 2014
poseidon12:

@Thunder74; I am glad you got the context under which the headline pasted by PassingShot was made. Jonathan was proposing a single term. But it was rejected. Many accused him of wanting to extend his term.
@PassingShot; you thought you were clever by pasting that headline to hoodwink gullible ones. Well, you are clever by half. You only have one vote. We all do. So speak for yourself. I personally know Yorubas that are strong supporters of Jonathan.

In your own world, you have made loads of sense! What's with the insults from Jonathanians? And before you rant further, did you read the news I attached? I know you're blinded by bigotry of ethnicity and religion. No surprises there!
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 28, 2014
We keep warning as we have been warning.

The circle of blood will continue except t we do the needful/
Split Nigeria now!

1 Like

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by dagentility(f): 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
pro2010:
Nairaland has been bought over by PDP. In recent times mostly news aimed at discrediting buhari makes front page, this is one of such news.
woww,cry me a river,you never made this comment when most of the topics flooding front page was topics aimed at praising your God bokohara. Hypocrite.
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by Myself2(m): 1:27pm On Dec 28, 2014
dagentility:

woww,cry me a river,you never made this comment when most of the topics flooding front page was topics aimed at praising your God bokohara. Hypocrite.

No mind them, when AAyatollah Buhari stories were flooding the FP including the ones wey the killer dey mope at an IPad, the idiot didn't complain
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by Myself2(m): 1:33pm On Dec 28, 2014
PassingShot:
Before you react to this, please answer this question objectively:

[size=20pt]If you were in same position as the North with the agreement reached with the clueless one, would you have acted differently?[/size]

Even the South rejects Jonathan as well!

The North rejects him for going back on his agreement of one term only. If found in same situation as them, I will take similar decision.

We the Yorubas reject him on the basis of performance and for calling our leaders rascals smong many other blunders.

The Itsekiris and Urhobos reject him for allowing Tompolo to trample on them and for marginalization.

Other well meaning Nigerians, irrespective of tribe and religion reject him for corruption and sbsence of security in the land.

The International Community rejects him for being so clueless and incompetent which has made us become a laughing stock in the committee of nations.

The voice of the people is the voice of God.

GMB 2015.

Mumu dey there dey shout clueless, wey na you be olodo repete
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by Myself2(m): 1:40pm On Dec 28, 2014
PassingShot:

In your own world, you have made loads of sense! What's with the insults from Jonathanians? And before you rant further, did you read the news I attached? I know you're blinded by bigotry of ethnicity and religion. No surprises there!

What do you have in your cranium that makes you write like this; it must be rotten beans.You"re indeed clever by half, we know your intention of creating this thread and subtly trying to sway opinions in an anti GEJ direction, but because it exploded in your face, you've resorted to rants and nit picking. Well bite me punk

1 Like

Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by PassingShot(m): 1:44pm On Dec 28, 2014
Myself2:

What do you have in your cranium that makes you write like this; it must be rotten beans.You"re indeed clever by half, we know your intention of creating this thread and subtly trying to sway opinions in an anti GEJ direction, but because it exploded in your face, you've resorted to rants and nit picking. Well bite me punk

If I say you are a waste, it will sound like an exaggeration. Who created what thread? What exploded in your face? Where is the nit picking?

Well, a dog destined to go astray will never listen to the hunter's whistle.

cool
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 28, 2014
PassingShot:

You will do well to ask Jonathan to deny it if indeed he didn't enter into one. Don't you think his silence on the matter is an admission of culpability?
. On the contrary,I think silence is the best reply. He shouldn't give importance to some silly issue by granting it any form of attention..
Re: North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others by docadams: 2:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
The clamour for a return to good governance is unrelated to clamour for leadership retention or return of such by any interest group. Let it be known that the clarion call for a Buhari presidency is solely based on merit , integrity, and the willingness to serve. GEJ rode to power on the basis of sentimentalism and not on any verifiable evidence of exceptional leadership quality. That was a fatal error that should not be repeated again. The ACF should desist from being nuisance by agitating on ethno-regional latitude. It is time to deemphasis what divides us and reason like people with a desired destination.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Buhari Is Free To Send Me On Assignments – Jonathan / Boko Haram Insurgents Killed In Borno / AAC Expels Sowore And 26 Others From Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.