Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This (92031 Views)

5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... / Dubai Banks Reportedly Closing Accounts Of Nigerian Politicians In The UAE / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by onatisi(m): 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
byworld:
dats wat am saying too if you can get me ryt ma man, d first tym I came here in Dubai was 2011 nd d only jobs I was getting offer for were cleaner nd security guard den nd de were paying jst 1200dirams but I was I rather go back to Nigeria dan taking dos offer, but wen I heard dat de v increased security guard salary to 1800 with 4days off which is Friday but if u wanna work on Friday de pay twice of nd it makes it 2400dirams, so I contacted one of ma guy dat stayed back den nd he advised me to com on an employment visa in 2012. So am not saying it easy to get direct employment visa by yasef, of course you need to have someone in that can help you out.
ok,now I understand u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by delishpot: 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
ifebosco:
" bad life in Nigeria" nooooo bad infrastructure and bad leadership.

Yes. You got what I was trying to say. Bad life(not lifestyle) due to bad leadership and bad infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by delishpot: 1:10pm On Dec 29, 2014
Gooci:

som1 jst told me resident permit is thesame as emirate id card. my plan is to hustle for 2-3yrs, get married nd bring my wife. Afterwhich she will aslo get a job too

My guy. My spirit just move me to pray for you. See you will make it before one year sef. Nature will favour you. You will marry your woman sooner than you expect. God will just bring a favour that you will not even expect, you are a nice person. Dont ask how I know. God will provide, guide and guard you and your wifey. Your parents will enjoy the fruit of their labour over you. Ah mama will dance for joy concerning you, pkele. Dont forget to give back o( not talking about pastors here) smiley

11 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by sheriph: 1:15pm On Dec 29, 2014
drizzy009:
. my brother is currently on interview for a Job in Qatar... their features are. Two free visa for himself and spouse, salary of $2500 per month...And free ticket to come back to Nigeria yearly....is the Job okay

Not okay bro. because he will be under their sponsorship for 2years, therefore he will earn 2500qr (120k) for 2years., it is only okay if he is on free visa because he will get another offer when on free visa.
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by galadima77(m): 1:17pm On Dec 29, 2014
is there anywhere else to be other than Nairaland?

2 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by sheriph: 1:19pm On Dec 29, 2014
legalwealth:

Great tip bolded but will I need to tell the agent because I have my own business related to UAE that I've been doing here in Nigeria for more than 3 years that I will need to go to UAE for to perfect.

having a laborer visa is not the issue, but mind preparedness. you should know what u coming to do in Qatar. Qatar is good for professional not for pple without focus. U have to read and pray. If you have labour visa , you can easily change if you have a good job. but prayer is the key.
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Anglovel: 1:21pm On Dec 29, 2014
onatisi:
Thank you op for this concise ,accurate and well detailed report. But one question I always ask people who are desperate to travel out to dubai in search of job is,“if you can't make a decent living or business in nigeria with 500k.how will you make it in dubai?”Rarely do they listen anyway. Well experience they say is always the best teacher.
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Gooci(m): 1:26pm On Dec 29, 2014
delishpot:

My guy. My spirit just move me to pray for you. See you will make it before one year sef. Nature will favour you. You will marry your woman sooner than you expect. God will just bring a favour that you will not even expect, you are a nice person. Dont ask how I know. God will provide, guide and guard you and your wifey. Your parents will enjoy the fruit of their labour over you. Ah mama will dance for joy concerning you, pkele. Dont forget to give back o( not talking about pastors here) smiley

Yeee... Eminikan tan(only me). A big amen to yur prayers o, God will continue to bless and favour yur ways too. Thank you very much.. In the spirit world, ariigato gozaimashta

3 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by delishpot: 1:29pm On Dec 29, 2014
Gooci:

Yeee... Eminikan tan(only me). A big amen to yur prayers o, God will continue to bless and favour yur ways too. Thank you very much.. In the spirit world, ariigao gozaimashta

Amen o. grin

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by sanmibukunmi: 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
thanx for this thread op but pls i have a question....... can a masters degree holder from a nigerian university get a job as lecturer over there what are the procedures he can take and how lucrative is the job for a Nigerian migrating to one f the gulf states will there be need for any other certifications
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by managermahmud: 2:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
terrimatix:
I disagree with you on the bolded statement...I travelled out to do my masters degree and i got a job barely one month i resumed school...If i was in Nigeria, how possible would that have been??...Truth be told, there are more opportunities in developed countries than in Nigeria...Just make sure you are travelling with the right aim.
Sir, u misconstrue my statement. I said Extremely I didn't say totally imposible. How many Nigerians can get such opportunity like u?
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by horladmejy(m): 2:10pm On Dec 29, 2014
I read the whole 5 page without missing anything......have made much contact on Qatar n co.....and I think I know how to go about it...will be off to service next year by God grace......intern of skills I have alot...but all things are possible with God....

I think for our special guest out of d country already with this important info...should kindly drop dere mail or pin for us seekers to contact em as at the time due....to me this is a great benefit to know more about this movement...thanks and God bless...

It's well...we go make am
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by ogbonoeba: 2:23pm On Dec 29, 2014
Reasons to go to any middle eastern country
1. Vacation
2. Job offer from a multinational corporation
3. To buy cheap knock off items to resell in naija
4. To work as a western trained physician

Some of the labor laws they have in Dubai sound like slavery to me.
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by 2rez: 2:30pm On Dec 29, 2014
ifebosco:
" bad life in Nigeria" nooooo bad infrastructure and bad leadership.

Sir, na same. Bad infra + bad leadership= bad life kiss

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by bennyzer(m): 2:50pm On Dec 29, 2014
This is great. Thank God I saw this before . . . .
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Jodasy: 3:00pm On Dec 29, 2014
it hapd 2 my younger broda too.we warned him nt 2 embark on journey.he did nt listen to us so wen he go there,job he did nt see though he z a graduate and evenually,his visa expired nd he startd payin 4 d extra days he spent.he was lata arrestd nd we had to snd money frm here 2 pay all d debt.pls i don.t advice anybody to go there because he thlnks he can secure a job there.

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by AdamuUcheOla: 3:06pm On Dec 29, 2014
Gooci:
nd pls, can anybody xplain to me what an emirate card is? difference btw emirate card and labour card

An emirates ID card is a mandatory National ID card for all residents (citizens and expatriates) whilst a Labour Card is as an ID indicating your visa status issued by various Government agencies depending on where you work. Most people here think they are just gimmicks used by the Govt to make money as there is an overlap between both.

As a side note, you need your Emirates ID for everything i.e. registering your car, setting up your 'NEPA' account, identifying yourself etc. No one really asks for your Labour card.
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Gooci(m): 3:17pm On Dec 29, 2014
Jodasy:
it hapd 2 my younger broda too.we warned him nt 2 embark on journey.he did nt listen to us so wen he go there,job he did nt see though he z a graduate and evenually,his visa expired nd he startd payin 4 d extra days he spent.he was lata arrestd nd we had to snd money frm here 2 pay all d debt.pls i don.t advice anybody to go there because he thlnks he can secure a job there.

but some people went their nd they were able to secure job... it all depends on luck
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by flexing11(m): 3:32pm On Dec 29, 2014
[quote author=jidezubair post=29293693][/quote]
*igeria passport is *ot 15k accordi*g to ur t*read, official price si*ce august 1 is 20k a*d 28k before u ca get it,
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by AdamuUcheOla: 3:37pm On Dec 29, 2014
hamsky:
This is a must read for anyone who intends to take the plunge to seek for 'greener pastures' in the desert (funny right; seeking for greener pastures in the desert) - The dark side of Dubai (Dubai): http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/johann-hari/the-dark-side-of-dubai-1664368.html

I know it's practically on the 'long side' for an article, but I promise it's worth every syllable for a long (educating) read about the dark side of the so called 'blooming/booming city in the desert'.

My own short story for not taking the 'Dubai plunge':
After graduating from a top university with a good undergrad and masters degree (in the United kingdom) I was faced with the dilemma of securing a job (to garner some experience before coming back home) due to the the UK's not so friendly immigration policy;despite the fact that I had four job offers. So I was left with two options: come back home - were even finding a place for my NYSC PPA (after i was rejected in the initial place of my assignment) was more stressful than getting my degrees not to mention getting a REAL job without knowing any 'Oga at the top'.
My second option was to relocate to a country were I can find a job - which after much deliberation I had a huge consideration for Dubai because I've been there once (when I started travelling and I liked it) and also because I 'heard' that it has a welcoming atmosphere for job seekers due it's 'booming' economy. So I started doing a research to find out whether the prospects of finding a job in Dubai was worth the effort - that's when I came across the aforementioned article. I was in denial after reading the write up at first because that wasn't the Dubai I saw when I first visited. Then I started contacting people I knew in dubai including the Nigerian travel agent in Dubai who arranged my first trip there and his revelation was a striking echo of the article which was a good sign of caution for not taking the so called 'Dubai plunge'.

With all this said, it might turn out to be a 'great plunge' and adventure for you depending on what you're ready to go through and how lucky you are getting a good job offer.

I was in your exact shoes about 6 years ago. I took the plunge (as you put it) and things have turned out relatively great. I agree with you that luck has a great part to play...
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by hopewealth: 3:52pm On Dec 29, 2014
If someone has 500k in nigeria and that u borrow it and our useless,hopeless did not create unstable stability,I see no reason why someone shld stress himself & travel to any other countries expect for business purpose.
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by heroarams(m): 3:52pm On Dec 29, 2014
I can employ everyone here!! No need to travel out to that desert UAE.
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 29, 2014
UAE and Qatar is the place to be if you have the right visa
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by 9ja4eva: 5:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
managermahmud:
Good piece of write up..
There is something that we Nigerians fail to understand. U'll meet most of the youths huzlin to travel out to go and huzle without knowing that when they travel out, that effort they make to huzle, wen they apply same effort her in Nigeria, they'll make same or even more profit sef.
Now wen they succeed in travling out and exhibit same lazy attitude whch they already exhibit here in Nigeria, they'll be forced to go into drug trafficking where they think they'll make shap shap money, without still knowing that the risk in such 'business' is far greater than d fuccking profit... It'll then end 98% of them in prison, they'll then be calling for help to serve their jail term in Nigeria(Nigeria that u abandoned to go and huzle elswhere) some sef, it'll cost them their lives
On this note! I urge my fellow Nigerians to quench d ambition of traveling out to hustle. If u can't make it in ur father's land, it'll b extremely difficult for u to make it elswhere.
#ILoveNigeria
#ILoveMyFathersLand

*modified*
Front page pls Mr admin

God bless you for posting this. You hit the nail on the head! Most people don't understand that it is not easy anywhere.
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by hopewealth: 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
we are talking about uae/qatar and dr ajanaku is talking about spiritual,why do you take ur act to advert section
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by bayocanny: 5:26pm On Dec 29, 2014
Bad belle full this thread oo, see the way pple are condemning dubai some pple are saying uae is a good place to be some are saying the other way round, anyway the only advice I can give u guys that are ready to travel out is that, don't let any e-comment distract you follow your dream and pray along I believe with God all would be well with u
And to my fellow naija who are saying dis country is beta, y can't u stick with it and face your job instead of poisoning their mind with negative comment,

2 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Dahjhi: 5:32pm On Dec 29, 2014
Edusouls:
africans always seeking for greener pastures elsewhere and not their land..for God's sake uae are worse than us back in 80's,look at where they are now, their economy is very stable and fast growing, we africans are a cursed race,we are realy slaves,always running away from our land looking for whom to serve since 1700's..because our dark hearts and wicked mindsets kills progress instantly in our land,we always plant the seeds of poverty,diseases, corruption with impunity,terrible leaders, empty pride, we celeberate dishonesty, live in daily lies,envy,greed,selfishness..we will always be slaves, neglected all over the world,always segregated and ridiculed, due to the seeds we plant,suffering will always be our harvest till the end of time...
Nigerian youth will always run out of their fathersland. OK shall we say enough haven't been invested in. Electricity? Still there is no light.E.T.C......

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by bobkezel(m): 5:35pm On Dec 29, 2014
Can you live like this?
You are probably above 28years old and you live with 6 or more people in a room.
You are probably married and have kids but your wife and kids are in nigeria and you are in uae.
Ok good, you are lucky your wife is with u in uae but when she becomes pregnant you send her to naija to be delivered of the baby. After post natal, she leaves the baby back home and comes to uae to continue hustle because you can't afford the schools in uae.
the people that enjoy uae are people with salary of above 500k. Those of you that brag about salary of 120k and above, let me ask you. Do you live alone? If you are married, is your wife there with you? If yes, are your kids living there with you? If yes, are they schooling in uae? I bet you can't answer a ''yes'' to any of the questions?
If you never travell you no go see.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by titusodem: 6:35pm On Dec 29, 2014
People with different perspective........ One thing i know for sure is dat Nigerians like to be paid the value of their services. What do you think Nigerians are looking for in travelling abroad? You don't know abi? Then stop blaming people that spent every penny to travel.
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by esosa4real(m): 7:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
chiben1983:
See friends, I live and work in Qatar as a project planning Engineer, though I come in with 5years working VISA in 2013 August before they closed Nigeria visa. The people that gain it in Qatar once they find good job are engineers or once you come in you do certification in any carrier you want. The truth is that once you have a good job, they pay five times what Nigeria are paying there engineers. The moving Carrier here for Nigerians are safety and project planning engineering. The basic salary of a project planner here is N500,000 a MONTH, they don't mind paying you 1millilion naria a month if you can convince them you can do the job. There security is very very hard to brake, because if you are coming with any illegal thing in mind to do here, you will be frustrated. Qatar is very nice place to stay if you have a good job.
Please r u saying, dey ve stoped giving Nigerians visa 2 qatar?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / Fearless Russian Lady Goes Fishing In A Tiny Boat With Giant Brown Bear (Photos) / Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.