Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. (22373 Views)

Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? / Can Tithe Be Shared Amongst The Church, Stranger, Widow And The Poor? / Must Tithe Be Paid In Church??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by stankezzy: 2:48pm On Dec 04, 2022
Why is it that any time Christian things come up non Christians will be d first to put suggestions , can u pay government tax to a person in need or to your friend,we always want to play with things of God,,d rules about thite is clear and straightforward, "bring d thites into my house " if u want to give person in need money , give , it is not thite.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by TenQ: 2:49pm On Dec 04, 2022
ptoall:
At the risk of sounding legalistic, you cant give ur tithe to any other place except ur local church where you are been fed the word. Malachi 3 is very clear on that. Also, tithes in the OT were administered by Levi priests (Pastors in our case).
Every giving has its place, tithes, offerings, giving to missions, alms, to parents etc have their place in the scriptures and they should be separated.
Are you not a Priest yourself?
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by kunle75(m): 2:57pm On Dec 04, 2022
Zeewirld:
...Yea...So true... I know of a man that won't send shishi to his parents for months with the excuse of I don't have money..Yet he never misses paying his tithes.... I know another who couldn't/wouldn't contribute to the fund raising done to secure the release of a friend that was kidnapped because the only money left on him was his Tithes!

Most people have lost their humanity and can't read the Bible indeptly to understand Daddy's words.

So what are you suggesting or insinuating?

Why don't you leave judgment to God and stop been the judge.

After all every one of us will give personal account of our life here to him alone.

I said what I said
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by sam2dok2020: 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2022
I think it's not right, The tithe is 10%, there is still a 90%, why not give the fellow from the 90%. The only time this case can be justified is if the person challenge covers the 100%.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Tzar(m): 3:52pm On Dec 04, 2022
Please don't let Nigerians mislead you with their doctine from their con men that they call men of god. The ONLY time you are permited to give any man of GOD your tithe is at the end over every 3years (ref verse 28 below).
Below is the clear instruction on how tithe ought to be paid:
Deut Ch 14 v22-29
Tithes
22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always. 24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice. 27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Yankee101: 4:10pm On Dec 04, 2022
Yes you can
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by NnaNna4(m): 4:15pm On Dec 04, 2022
Do not confuse act of kindness with paying your
tithes

They are both different
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Yankee101: 4:15pm On Dec 04, 2022
Galatians 6:10
Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers

especially to those who belong to the family of believers
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by stephmike(m): 4:16pm On Dec 04, 2022
desiredhome:

The same question is being asked here.....so if your family member is dying in hospital, would you rather pay tithe to a pastor than pay the bill for treatment to save the person?

Mind u, u r not instructed in Mal 3: 10 to give it to pastor but to the local church u attend. Final.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Ogbeniayanfe(m): 4:40pm On Dec 04, 2022
Babe, you have paid your tithe ..and God almighty will bless you for that..don't look at what anyone using Bible quotation to rub u of ur blessing....

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Tayorshd2(m): 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2022
Brooktrader:

She did that which was right in her eyes.. Not God's eyes.

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.

Story

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by desiredhome: 6:15pm On Dec 04, 2022
stephmike:

Mind u, u r not instructed in Mal 3: 10 to give it to pastor but to the local church u attend. Final.
Where is the local church in our present day? Where one GO will open one branch in Abuja and the start creating branches (franchise) that will be remitting the money to the head office?.... When I pay my tithes etc and the whole money are sent to the head quarter either in Lagos or Abuja immediately?......in most of the Pentecostal churches that the founder (G.O) dictates every operations that goes on in his church (business center)?.......
Until these churches especially the Pentecostals start impacting/giving back to their members, they are all scammers/pulpit bandits...,
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by desiredhome: 6:35pm On Dec 04, 2022
kunle75:

So what are you suggesting or insinuating?

Why don't you leave judgment to God and stop been the judge.

After all every one of us will give personal account of our life here to him alone.

I said what I said
When you see a criminal around you don't talk, just allow God to judge him.......
So why are Nigerians complaining of politicians stealing our money?......
Nigeria........
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by kunle75(m): 6:48pm On Dec 04, 2022
desiredhome:

When you see a criminal around you don't talk, just allow God to judge him.......
So why are Nigerians complaining of politicians stealing our money?......
Nigeria........

Oga judge face front and mind your business for once.
Please don't mention me in this matter again, if my opinion or personal conviction is your nightmare Please change your sleeping position.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by pasuma(m): 6:51pm On Dec 04, 2022
My brother you got it wrong, have you read the richest man in Babylon? Where did Abram came from? The tithes he paid to melkizedek was it before he became Abraham or After? When Moses comanded tithing, did he or did he not mention until theres a temple in Jerusalem? Is there a temple in Jerusalem as we speak Do the Jews still pay since there's no more temple in Jerusalem?? How do the Jews currently handle the tithes since there's no more temple in Jerusalem?? What has the poor and needy in your immediate environment and less privileged within your family got to do with tithes??
All these and many more would assist in tracing the origin and intentions of tithing.

God bless us all

ptoall:
At the risk of sounding legalistic, you cant give ur tithe to any other place except ur local church where you are been fed the word. Malachi 3 is very clear on that. Also, tithes in the OT were administered by Levi priests (Pastors in our case).
Every giving has its place, tithes, offerings, giving to missions, alms, to parents etc have their place in the scriptures and they should be separated.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by desiredhome: 7:23pm On Dec 04, 2022
kunle75:

Oga judge face front and mind your business for once.
Please don't mention me in this matter again, if my opinion or personal conviction is your nightmare Please change your sleeping position.
Why the bulabalobulalbulaba?.......did you not read your comment before replying?.....
Stop deceiving yourself and face the bitter Truth.....
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by desiredhome: 7:30pm On Dec 04, 2022
pasuma:
My brother you got it wrong, have you read the richest man in Babylon? Where did Abram came from? The tithes he paid to melkizedek was it before he became Abraham or After? When Moses comanded tithing, did he or did he not mention until theres a temple in Jerusalem? Is there a temple in Jerusalem as we speak Do the Jews still pay since there's no more temple in Jerusalem?? How do the Jews currently handle the tithes since there's no more temple in Jerusalem?? What has the poor and needy in your immediate environment and less privileged within your family got to do with tithes??
All these and many more would assist in tracing the origin and intentions of tithing.

God bless us all

Some gullible Nigerians think they can bribe God with their corrupt money, yet they ignore the commandments/principles of God which is LOVE .......the reason Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world......

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by kunle75(m): 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2022
desiredhome:

Why the bulabalobulalbulaba?.......did you not read your comment before replying?.....
Stop deceiving yourself and face the bitter Truth.....

Face your truth and leave me out of this
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by brocab: 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2022
I myself believe in the Word of God-I believe the scriptures, I like the Old Testament, their are many times God told Israel to get ready for war, go out to fight, Israel fought for their Land God was giving them.
Many thousands were killed: but God didn't ask anybody to wipe out just any nation, these were the nations, people's, refusing to obey the Commandments of God..
We are not just, up against a physical "war" {Ephesians 6:12} this war is spiritual.
Those day's are no different to these day's-the Watchtower have been running for 200 years-claiming they know God more then what the bible say's about God.
How many other religions do we have-all claiming to be right-Pope Francis claiming all beliefs are equal to God.."What that means, he believes Jesus didn't save us, He is not the only way into the Kingdom of God.
When I read my bible-I am reading the Word of God. Not only am I learning physical, I am learning spiritual..
In the book of Ruth's story 'She prayed and fasted for 3 day's and nights, she got the results she prayed for.. We see stories like these all throughout the bible, How powerful our prayers can be while we are fasting..
{Matthew 17:14-21} is a good example about spiritual warfare, how this kind of spirit can only come out by prayer and fasting.
Elisha story: {2 Kings 5:16-18}
Like I said: when God's fighting our battles-Spirituality there are millions of Angels standing protecting God's people..
MaxInDHouse:
All worshipers with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines are against one another's Gods. For instance the God of Catholics is against that of Deeperlife but only JWs will never pick up weapons against flesh and blood, while you people are killing one another with physical weapons {Revelations 6:3-4} we are fighting against your Gods! Ephesians 6:12 wink

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by desiredhome: 8:45pm On Dec 04, 2022
kunle75:

Face your truth and leave me out of this
Okay....
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by JennyOfOldstones(f): 9:15pm On Dec 04, 2022
The best answer to this question is given in Matthew 25:35-40. Verse 40 in particular which states ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by brocab: 10:01pm On Dec 04, 2022
What question you preferring too..
JennyOfOldstones:
The best answer to this question is given in Matthew 25:35-40. Verse 40 in particular which states ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by blackboy2star(m): 10:21pm On Dec 04, 2022
I laugh in Spanish... Please back it up with the bible....
Funny you, must be paid to the church you worship lol... Who told you this? Oyedepo pays his to RCCG...

except its a direction from God to do so it should be paid to the church u worship in
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by TheDictatorNd: 11:42pm On Dec 04, 2022
Tithe is for the levites who have no land in israel, not for the poor or that glorified theif you call your pastor
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by brocab: 12:43am On Dec 05, 2022
{Numbers 8:24-26} “This is what pertains to the Levites: From twenty-five years old and above one may enter to perform service in the work of the tabernacle of meeting; and at the age of fifty years they must cease performing this work, and shall work no more. They may minister with their brethren in the tabernacle of meeting, to attend to needs, but they themselves shall do no work.
This should be enough evidence we need to prove-we are Gentiles, we are not under the Old Testament Mosaic Law system that was given to the Jews.
TheDictatorNd:
Tithe is for the levites who have no land in israel, not for the poor or that glorified theif you call your pastor
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by bezimo(m): 1:13am On Dec 05, 2022
What makes what you give tithe is
1. Who you give it to...God..in church
2. 10% of the earning or profit or increase..

Give that 10% to someone else does not make it tithe..its just giving to the poor.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Sirdiq21: 1:59am On Dec 05, 2022
Onliie:
so if your family member is dying in hospital, you would rather pay tax than pay the bill for treatment? Urgent cases need different approach
If you can't help him with 90% what is the 10% that you are trying to give?.
See the truth is that Tithe and alms are 2 different things
Do you know that Most Churches use part of ur tithe to help the needy, run the Church, pay Full time Pastor's, Instrumentalist, etc just with ur 10%
If you don't know you thinks Pastor's are eating your Money ��
Mal 3:10 bring ye all Tithe, that they may be meat in my house �..
Just pay and lift the rest for God�� Nagode
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by brocab: 2:41am On Dec 05, 2022
Prove your Pastor is a blood line of the Levites-prove-the tithers are of the 11 tribes of Israel, show us in scripture where it say's God was talking to the Gentiles in Mal 3, where in fact God was talking the Aaron and the Levites-they were stealing from God-not obeying the Covenant, the Law's and Commandments God had ordained them to serve.
{Ezekiel 8:1-18} Gives us a good picture whom the Levites were serving..
I could only pray-people would just study their bibles, especially the Widow's the Fatherless and the strangers.
Stop these crooks robbing you in sheep clothing..

{1 Peter 2:9} Actually say's we are all priest-if this is the case-then who tithes, priest don't tithe to priest..
We would have to be outside the priesthood to give tithes..
Sirdiq21:

If you can't help him with 90% what is the 10% that you are trying to give?.
See the truth is that Tithe and alms are 2 different things
Do you know that Most Churches use part of ur tithe to help the needy, run the Church, pay Full time Pastor's, Instrumentalist, etc just with ur 10%
If you don't know you thinks Pastor's are eating your Money ��
Mal 3:10 bring ye all Tithe, that they may be meat in my house �..
Just pay and lift the rest for God�� Nagode

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by fkj950ax(m): 4:02am On Dec 05, 2022
blink:
I just like the christian on Nairaland to help me throw more light to this,
I once had my tithe with me when someone walked up to me for an assistance to discharge her family from hospital. After confirming that it's true, I just dropped my entire tithe to pay the bill and believe I had paid my tithe but somehow I was told that since I didn't drop it in the church am yet to pay my tithe.

No you can't.
Its fine to help anyone in need from your 90%, not the 10%.
If you earn 100, and someone needs your help with 10, take the 10 from the 90 and be left with 80. Don't mentally ascribe the 10 meant for tithe as the 10 you helped someone out.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Darevofpeace(m): 4:12am On Dec 05, 2022
Sister, you have paid your 'tithe'. God will bless you 1000 times more for that act of kindness than if you had paid the money to your church ( so called ).

In fact , there is nowhere in scripture where you are commanded to pay any tithe or even offerings

Tithing is an Old Testament concept which was really for the levites and priests . Remember we are now the temple of God and as priests of God with our high priest Jesus , there is absolutely no justification for either paying or receiving the tithe. In most cases you are enriching your pastor while your relatives and friends or even brethren who you could have helped , languish in poverty and need.

Now let me tell you something, your pastor is not God , so next time he or one of the church leaders asks for your tithe, just tell him/them that you have obeyed God instead of Man .

If they start to instill fear into you through deceptive bible twisting and bullying, just leave his church and go somewhere else.

You did the right thing and you are blessed for it in abundance.

Tithe was commanded by God Almighty in the book of Malachi.

So you want to separate the New Testament from the Old because of issue of tithe??
Yet you want to claim every beautiful promises of God especially Abrahamic blessings from the old.

Stop misleading people,we have so many fake Churches actually but in a good Church settings,a true Pastor doesn't even handle any tithe.
Tithe should be paid to the Church you attend then set aside an "help fund" for the less privilege.

Then have it in mind,God doesn't force you to pay.

Any Pastor who does that is not sure of what God called him into.

I have been paying since 22yrs ago and the results are quite outstanding.

Make una rest abeg!
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by TheDictatorNd: 5:54am On Dec 05, 2022
brocab:
{Numbers 8:24-26} “This is what pertains to the Levites: From twenty-five years old and above one may enter to perform service in the work of the tabernacle of meeting; and at the age of fifty years they must cease performing this work, and shall work no more. They may minister with their brethren in the tabernacle of meeting, to attend to needs, but they themselves shall do no work.
This should be enough evidence we need to prove-we are Gentiles, we are not under the Old Testament Mosaic Law system that was given to the Jews.
i'm a Jew by divine convertion, ISAIAH 56:1-8 read but read that 8 carefully, the Elohim i serve never changes
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by BUXOMEBONY(f): 6:06am On Dec 05, 2022
It's most acceptable to feed the needy than pay tithe to an abundant church where the impact won't be felt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

5 Things You Should Be Conscious Of In 2023 / Drugs/Sex/Indulgence Not The Solution. This is the Only Way Out of Depression / He Joined Me To Church Today, Because I Promised To Buy Him Beer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.