Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. (22317 Views)

Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? / Can Tithe Be Shared Amongst The Church, Stranger, Widow And The Poor? / Must Tithe Be Paid In Church??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by brocab: 9:56pm On Nov 29, 2022
{Matthew 7:7-8} “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
"For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.
These verses-have nothing to do with tithing-Jesus is preferring to the Word of God
{Matthew 6:33} First seek the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all things shall be added to you.
{Joshua 1:8} God is telling us seek His Word.
He's not telling us, we need to buy our way into His rest, the Kingdom of God can't be brought with money-we can't purchased it through our finances, the Lords main attraction is all about His people learning the Word of God-and do everything that's written in it-obeying Him..
None of these scriptures {Matthew 13;13, John 4;24, 10:27} have anything to do with paying tithes to Kingdom Hall, It's understandable why the Lord said this, This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear.
So it's quite understandable why you don't listen, because you haven't received the Kingdom of God.. .
I am trying to help you here 'Max?
MaxInDHouse:

Looking you will but you can't see, hearing you will but you can't get the sense! Matthew 13:13

My original post says "old covenant tithing is unchristian" but as usual you rushed in to quote me instead of humbly asking if there is anything like New Covenant tithing! Matthew 7:7-8

Well i have told you "We (JWs) know how to pay our TITHES" you aren't on the same page with us so go and resolve your issues with your own people.

As for JWs we must pay our TITHES but we won't TEACH you how we're doing so in spirit and truth {John 4:24} because you're not one of the sheep belonging to our Master, Lord and King Christ Jesus! John 10:27

3 Likes

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:22am On Nov 30, 2022
Go and meet your people JWs know how to pay our TITHES! smiley

brocab:
{Matthew 7:7-8} “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
"For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.
These verses-have nothing to do with tithing-Jesus is preferring to the Word of God
{Matthew 6:33} First seek the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all things shall be added to you.
{Joshua 1:8} God is telling us seek His Word.
He's not telling us, we need to buy our way into His rest, the Kingdom of God can't be brought with money-we can't purchased it through our finances, the Lords main attraction is all about His people learning the Word of God-and do everything that's written in it-obeying Him..
None of these scriptures {Matthew 13;13, John 4;24, 10:27} have anything to do with paying tithes to Kingdom Hall, It's understandable why the Lord said this, This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear.
So it's quite understandable why you don't listen, because you haven't received the Kingdom of God.. .
I am trying to help you here 'Max?
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by brocab: 9:35am On Nov 30, 2022
So sorry-I thought you people are claiming to be God's people, My mistake.
MaxInDHouse:
Go and meet your people JWs know how to pay our TITHES! smiley

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:37am On Nov 30, 2022
brocab:
So sorry-I thought you people are claiming to be God's people, My mistake.

There are many Gods {1Corinthians 8:5} we are people of our own God! wink
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by brocab: 12:57pm On Nov 30, 2022
This gives a good reason, why the JW's are confused, in worship, chasing after 'other little gods, this makes a lot of sense. why your organisation, know nothing about the Word of God..
MaxInDHouse:

There are many Gods {1Corinthians 8:5} we are people of our own God! wink

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:06pm On Nov 30, 2022
brocab:
This gives a good reason, why the JW's are confused, in worship, chasing after 'other little gods, this makes a lot of sense. why your organisation, know nothing about the Word of God..
[/color]

At least there's agreement in our midst regarding the word of our God! John 17:22 smiley
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by brocab: 12:43am On Dec 01, 2022
So of course {John 17:22} may sound all glory to you, but you have already mentioned you worship other gods.
{2 Corinthians 11:12-15} But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast.
For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.
And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
The world knows them by name: the Watchtower organisation, so it's no great surprise-that kingdom hall are workers of iniquity...
MaxInDHouse:

At least there's agreement in our midst regarding the word of our God! John 17:22 smiley

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:59am On Dec 01, 2022
Just as you claim you're not worshiping the same God with a Buddhist that's exactly how we worship a different God from yours! smiley

brocab:
So of course {John 17:22} may sound all glory to you, but you have already mentioned you worship other gods.
{2 Corinthians 11:12-15} But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast.
For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.
And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
The world knows them by name: the Watchtower organisation, so it's no great surprise-that kingdom hall are workers of iniquity...
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by brocab: 10:39pm On Dec 01, 2022
Jesus Christ is the King of kings and the Lord of Lords.
I just love scripture:
{Hebrews 1} Let all the angels of God worship Him.” {Even your god-Michael the arch, bows down before Jesus}
And of the angels He says:
“Who makes His angels spirits
And His ministers a flame of fire.”
"But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.

MaxInDHouse:
Just as you claim you're not worshiping the same God with a Buddhist that's exactly how we worship a different God from yours! smiley

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:42pm On Dec 01, 2022
STORY! STORY!! STORY!!!

Go and tell you church people, we aren't worshiping the same God with you people. Period! smiley

brocab:
Jesus Christ is the King of kings and the Lord of Lords.
I just love scripture:
{Hebrews 1} Let all the angels of God worship Him.” {Even your god-Michael the arch, bows down before Jesus}
And of the angels He says:
“Who makes His angels spirits
And His ministers a flame of fire.”
"But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by brocab: 11:01am On Dec 02, 2022
It's pointless arguing with me over scriptures-I never wrote the bible, I realize it's sad for you-But this is the Word of God.
And I would never deny the truth.
I do understand you worship a pagan god-but as a true witness for Christ-I am sharing the written Word of God-Just the Way the Lord said 'share His Word to all nations..
:
STORY! STORY!! STORY!!!

Go and tell you church people, we aren't worshiping the same God with you people. Period! smiley

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:00pm On Dec 02, 2022
brocab:
It's pointless arguing with me over scriptures-I never wrote the bible, I realize it's sad for you-But this is the Word of God.
And I would never deny the truth.
I do understand you worship a pagan god-but as a true witness for Christ-I am sharing the written Word of God-Just the Way the Lord said 'share His Word to all nations..

My own God differs from yours so go and share with your fellow churchians! wink

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by brocab: 10:24pm On Dec 02, 2022
It seems every bodies God differs from your's; but of course that doesn't stop you trying to force your untrue beliefs down someone else's throat, while door knocking.
MaxInDHouse:

My own God differs from yours so go and share with your fellow churchians! wink

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:33pm On Dec 02, 2022
brocab:
It seems every bodies God differs from your's; but of course that doesn't stop you trying to force your untrue beliefs down someone else's throat, while door knocking.

We are only searching for the lost sheep of our King {Matthew 10:6} so it's only the sheep that takes our time but once we discovered you're not of them we quickly walked away! Luke 10:6

2 Likes

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by brocab: 12:46am On Dec 03, 2022
{Matthew 23:13} "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites, For you shut up the kingdom of Heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.
Kingdom hall is not growing-matter of fact people are walking away from you, and your organisation.
I am trying to help you, walk away from it, ask the Lord to forgive you-come to repentance, you can be saved from what's coming ahead..
Don't be fooled by the Watchtower-they themselves won't enter into God's presents, neither will you if you choose to stay..
MaxInDHouse:

We are only searching for the lost sheep of our King {Matthew 10:6} so it's only the sheep that takes our time but once we discovered you're not of them we quickly walked away! Luke 10:6

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:11am On Dec 03, 2022
Go and help your church members who do pick up weapons against one another due to politics and racism yet claiming they're followers of Christ the world's most wonderful counselor of all times! smiley

brocab:
{Matthew 23:13} "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites, For you shut up the kingdom of Heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.
Kingdom hall is not growing-matter of fact people are walking away from you, and your organisation.
I am trying to help you, walk away from it, ask the Lord to forgive you-come to repentance, you can be saved from what's coming ahead..
Don't be fooled by the Watchtower-they themselves won't enter into God's presents, neither will you if you choose to stay..

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Aemmyjah(m): 6:56am On Dec 03, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Go and help your church members who do pick up weapons against one another due to politics and racism yet claiming they're followers of Christ the world's most wonderful counselor of all times! smiley

Bro Max, he says he's trying to help you walk away from the organization.
It is just like a village head of a slim going to meet someone in the white house, USA to leave that place and live in the slum...

Numbers in attendance are growing rapidly, since we've resumed public ministry, I've been inviting people to the KH and they've indicated interests.
Instead of saying the attendance in churches are decreasing, he said the attendance in the KH is decreasing. What a blind liar!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:56am On Dec 03, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Bro Max, he says he's trying to help you walk away from the organization.
It is just like a village head of a slim going to meet someone in the white house, USA to leave that place and live in the slum...

Numbers in attendance are growing rapidly, since we've resumed public ministry, I've been inviting people to the KH and they've indicated interests.
Instead of saying the attendance in churches are decreasing, he said the attendance in the KH is decreasing. What a blind liar!

That's what stupidity does to misinformed Churchgoers! undecided

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by brocab: 1:52pm On Dec 03, 2022
I don't need to help the Church-many of them are already saved-my job is to reach out to lost soul's.. .
And right now I am knocking on your door-seeking the lost..
We are use to racist behavior, this is all the JW's do, anybody that disagree's with your politic's. It's your war against humanity..
MaxInDHouse:

2 Likes

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:01pm On Dec 03, 2022
brocab:
I don't need to help the Church-many of them are already saved-my job is to reach out to lost soul's.. .
And right now I am knocking on your door-seeking the lost..
We are use to racist behavior, this is all the JW's do, anybody that disagree's with your politic's. It's your war against humanity..

They are SAVED yet picking up weapons to KILL themselves in the face of politics and racism shey?

You try Sir! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by orisa37: 6:00pm On Dec 03, 2022
Yes and God will bless you abundantly.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by brocab: 1:55am On Dec 04, 2022
The Jehovah witnesses had began picking up their weapons against God 'when the Watchtower had began 200 years ago..
This is no great news to the believers-the Word of God had already warned us about wolves in sheep clothing coming to destroy the very foundation Jesus had already laid down for His Church.
Scripture tells us many will come in His Name claiming to be Him, it is obvious your Church didn't come from Christ. You said: it yourself, you believe in god's, and I believe "you do...
MaxInDHouse:

They are SAVED yet picking up weapons to KILL themselves in the face of politics and racism shey?

You try Sir! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:02am On Dec 04, 2022
All worshipers with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines are against one another's Gods. For instance the God of Catholics is against that of Deeperlife but only JWs will never pick up weapons against flesh and blood, while you people are killing one another with physical weapons {Revelations 6:3-4} we are fighting against your Gods! Ephesians 6:12 wink

brocab:
The Jehovah witnesses had began picking up their weapons against God 'when the Watchtower had began 200 years ago..
This is no great news to the believers-the Word of God had already warned us about wolves in sheep clothing coming to destroy the very foundation Jesus had already laid down for His Church.
Scripture tells us many will come in His Name claiming to be Him, it is obvious your Church didn't come from Christ. You said: it yourself, you believe in god's, and I believe "you do...
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by sircatherine45(m): 8:44am On Dec 04, 2022
I'll rather use my tithe to help the needy and hungry, than give to one "pastor" that will use my hard earned sweat to fvck ashawo, smoke loud and drink Hennessey.

Be hardworking, but also be smart.

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by God1000(m): 8:45am On Dec 04, 2022
This is 2014 thread, happy Sunday nairalanders
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by aklion: 8:46am On Dec 04, 2022
Yes but not just anyone in need. U can't see a family suffering that goes to same church with your pastor and decides to gives pastor because him na man of God or anointed one...
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 8:47am On Dec 04, 2022
No...
Tithe Is for God
Alms is for the poor
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by COMPENGRFRANK(m): 8:47am On Dec 04, 2022
No, tithe is for the house of God malachi 3:10
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:47am On Dec 04, 2022
100% YES!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by omojeesu(m): 8:48am On Dec 04, 2022
Tithing is not for Christians.
It was OT requirement for the Jews.
So was first fruits.

We are however expected to give to support God's servants & God's work, not by compulsion but freely from a loving heart as much as we can afford.

Therefore let's give liberally, even sacrificially, if so led by the Holy Spirit, but let's not call it "tithe".

Yes you can give to people in need what you originally planned to give to Church.....AS LED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT.....May we always have to give to Church & man in abundance.

2 Likes

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by CaptainFM1: 8:48am On Dec 04, 2022
Sirphrank:
Something tells me that's right.

God himself told me that's perfect!
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by cedricksly: 8:49am On Dec 04, 2022
blink:
I just like the christian on Nairaland to help me throw more light to this,
I once had my tithe with me when someone walked up to me for an assistance to discharge her family from hospital. After confirming that it's true, I just dropped my entire tithe to pay the bill and believe I had paid my tithe but somehow I was told that since I didn't drop it in the church am yet to pay my tithe.
forget all those idiots and religious slaved who would tell you it is a must to pay your Tithe in church... Infact eat your Tithe, if you can't eat it give it to someone else that is in need, motherless babies, widows etc..

It Is very funny that it is the tithe version of the old testament that thieves disguised as men of God can lay their life preaching, yet none is talking about the Polygamy portion of same old testament.. It says one thing only, they only Preach to you the part that will enrich their pocket to add private jets to the already existing fleet etc... If you like pay Tithe now till forever, if you don't work smart u will suffer... I'm so sure 90% Of World richest and most successful men today didn't pay Tithe to anybody....give freewill offering, Do good to the needy, use your Tithe to transform the life of those in situations that you can help, forget that church own, it is a lie...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dominican Republic: TB Joshua Gets Highest Senate, Congress Awards / What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? / The Whole Duty Of Man, Please Read Through

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.