Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. (22307 Views)

Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? / Can Tithe Be Shared Amongst The Church, Stranger, Widow And The Poor? / Must Tithe Be Paid In Church??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by lokotamak(m): 10:30am On Dec 04, 2022
Yes.
It's still valid as tithe.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by skuribeebo: 10:31am On Dec 04, 2022
ptoall:
I think it is plain in the bible where tithe should be paid, Mal 3:10 God already said it should be brought to His house. Read any translation, they will all tell u the same.
Se hospital na house of devil?
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by id2019(m): 10:34am On Dec 04, 2022
desiredhome:

The same question is being asked here.....so if your family member is dying in hospital, would you rather pay tithe to a pastor than pay the bill for treatment to save the person?
I will pay for the bill for the treatment to save the person if that’s the only money I have , then I will know I am owing God that same money and I will give it to the church when I have the money
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by osaweseforme(m): 10:37am On Dec 04, 2022
I don't discuss tithing but for those that wants more light, Malachi was referring to what happened in Nehemiah all still in the old testament but after Christ died and rose no more Levite, we are now priests and Jesus Christ our High Priest, remember after He died the veil of the temple was torn, no more temple, our body is now the temple of the Holy Spirit
GlobTrotter:

Malachi 3:10-12 "Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in my house, and thus put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts; see if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you an overflowing blessing.

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by mecuzee(m): 10:37am On Dec 04, 2022
Matthew 23:4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay TITHE of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Brooktrader: 10:42am On Dec 04, 2022
legennd2:

Melchizedek was not a church. Is there an instruction in the bible saying you must take you tithe to church? Did I say she should not take the tithe to church because the church is not what it was?
Did you even read?

Yes I read. And your post justifies the action of the OP.

Melchizedek is a Priest and King of Salem. In Hebrews 7:13-17, Jesus is considered a priest in the order of Melchizedek because, like Melchizedek, Jesus was not a descendant of Aaron, and thus would not qualify for the Jewish priesthood under the Law of Moses.

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
**here, Jesus was telling the Jews, before thier father Abraham came to being (on Earth) he was.

Hebrews 7:3 without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually(forever). This was about Melchizedek

Who remains a priest forever? Jesus Christ.

Is Jesus Christ not the church?

The Bible is cryptic. It doesn't have to plainly say "take your tithe to the church" ..let the Holy Spirit teach you.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by MrPaul2: 10:45am On Dec 04, 2022
blink:
I just like the christian on Nairaland to help me throw more light to this,
I once had my tithe with me when someone walked up to me for an assistance to discharge her family from hospital. After confirming that it's true, I just dropped my entire tithe to pay the bill and believe I had paid my tithe but somehow I was told that since I didn't drop it in the church am yet to pay my tithe.

You have just paid your tight. Deuteronomy 26:12-13 go and read it. Also read Deuteronomy 14 vs 28 and 29

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by MrPaul2: 10:48am On Dec 04, 2022

except its a direction from God to do so it should be paid to the church u worship in

This is not true my friend. Deuteronomy 26:12-13 make it clear on how and when to pay tight. Your pastor will never tell the this. Go and read through it.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by asiga(m): 10:49am On Dec 04, 2022

except its a direction from God to do so it should be paid to the church u worship in

You are the church.

We are the church..

When you give your tithe to someone in need especially a brethren, you have paid your tithe.

N/B: the church isn't the building..not your pastor.

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 04, 2022
A thread of 8 yrs ago hit FP never give up ... grin
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by MrPaul2: 10:50am On Dec 04, 2022
Sirphrank:
Something tells me that's right.
And you are very correct because Deuteronomy 26:12-13 makes it clear on how and when to pay tight. And also Deuteronomy 14 vs 28 & 29

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by komekn(m): 10:52am On Dec 04, 2022
blink:
I once had my tithe with me when someone walked up to me for an assistance to discharge her family from hospital. After confirming that it's true, I just dropped my entire tithe to pay the bill and believe I had paid my tithe but somehow I was told that since I didn't drop it in the church am yet to pay my tithe.

Mathew 7:

22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?
’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; (depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

We start from the infallible perfect and timeless word of God, not the words and interpretation of men claiming to be of God. See scripture's above.

The synagogue is not the new testament church of God. However, many anchor ⚓ their church doctrines on old testament scripture that refers to the old Pharisees and Sadducees synogogue. Not the new testament Church of Christ Jesus.

We are no longer under the law the old Levitical order has passed away. See below Hebrews 7;

18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness, 19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

The church is not God and your offering ( tithe, gifts, etc) are unto God through Christ Jesus, not the Church. And if you are a Christian led of the spirit all you should do should be as your led by thevspiru of God.

I reiterate the Church is not God ,it's a part of God � plan just as you are part of God's plan. Not all men are in God's plan or in God and so also not all Churches are part of God's plan or in God.

Finally, if you know the word of God you cannot be deceived. However, if you don't know the word of God �� you are ALREADY DECIEVED you just don't know it.

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by MrPaul2: 10:53am On Dec 04, 2022
asiga:

You are the church.

We are the church..

When you give your tithe to someone in need especially a brethren, you have paid your tithe.

The bible is clear on this. Deuteronomy 26:12-13 said it all. That's what most pastors will never tell there members

It was repeated in Deuteronomy 14 vs 28 and 29

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Brooktrader: 10:53am On Dec 04, 2022
pointzee:
It is better to help someone actually in need rather than fattening the pastors who are richer than you are and will end up using your tith to buy more private jets for their nuclear family pleasure. You did very well. God bless U.

Who told you you're fattening the pastors? You're talking like a babe.

If you dey Ogboni, u no go pay dues?

If the instruction is 20% ...would you give poor people the money instead? or save your brother as some are saying.. then come tell the grandmaster otherwise?

Una too dey play with God. God wey kill person for supporting an ark from falling to the Ground. grin grin
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by MrPaul2: 10:54am On Dec 04, 2022
elantraceey:
What does the bible instruct?
The instructions is in Deuteronomy 26:12-13
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by komekn(m): 10:55am On Dec 04, 2022
Brooktrader:

Who told you you're fattening the pastors? You're talking like a babe.

If you dey Ogboni, u no go pay dues?

If the instruction is 20% ...would you give poor people the money instead? or save your brother as some are saying.. then come tell the grandmaster otherwise?

Una too dey play with God. God wey kill person for supporting an ark from falling to the Ground. grin grin

First of all who gives the instructions man or God.

And please the pits of hell and cauldron of demonic satanic practice can NEVER be in comparison to the things of God.

2 Likes

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by komekn(m): 10:56am On Dec 04, 2022
asiga:

You are the church.

We are the church..

Thank you
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by komekn(m): 10:57am On Dec 04, 2022
id2019:

I will pay for the bill for the treatment to save the person if that’s the only money I have , then I will know I am owing God that same money and I will give it to the church when I have the money

The church is not God know this first .
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Brooktrader: 10:57am On Dec 04, 2022
blink:

If you dey Ogboni, would you use your dues for the same purpose and tell the ground master otherwise?

You were tempted and you fell.

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by MrPaul2: 10:58am On Dec 04, 2022
ptoall:
At the risk of sounding legalistic, you cant give ur tithe to any other place except ur local church where you are been fed the word. Malachi 3 is very clear on that. Also, tithes in the OT were administered by Levi priests (Pastors in our case).
Every giving has its place, tithes, offerings, giving to missions, alms, to parents etc have their place in the scriptures and they should be separated.

Please read Deuteronomy 26 vs 12 &13. Also read Deuteronomy 14 vs 28 & 29 She has paid her tight correctly just as the bible instructed us to

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by komekn(m): 10:59am On Dec 04, 2022
JoshuaSG:
For me, I do as the spirit leads.

We are no longer under the law but the spirit.

Romans 8

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Brooktrader: 11:02am On Dec 04, 2022
komekn:

First of all who gives the instructions man or God.

And please the pits of hell and cauldron of demonic satanic practice can NEVER be in comparison to the things of God.

Again, you're thinking like a babe.

Of course the devil counterfeits God's practices. If people are so scared of the devil, yet because God is perceived as merciful; so they try to negotiate with God.

God has given the instructions. Decoding them is by the Holy Spirit. That's where most of us have failed because we rely on sense-knowledge.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by komekn(m): 11:03am On Dec 04, 2022
lotkyes200:
Bible say he that gives to the poor lends to the Lord and he will repay him.

But when you Pay your tithe in the house of God he God rebuke the enemy over you with also a blessing

First of all you need to define church and make a demarcation between the old Levitical order as personified witu the Synogogue.

Who is the new testament church of Christ ❓

And understand the Church is not the embodiment of God � it may indeed be a part of it but also man is a part of God. But in the same vein not all men and not all Churches care of God .

Giving to God is not synonymous with giving to the Church, BE VERY CLEAR.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by jmichael259(m): 11:03am On Dec 04, 2022
POST OF 2014 NAIRALAND MODS NAWA O! WETIN CHRISTIANS DO UNA?
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by ZUBY77(m): 11:04am On Dec 04, 2022
blink:

Do you want to go to hellfire ?

You.must give it to the Pastors to be able to fly private jets. TANKIO

1 Like

Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by genkins(m): 11:04am On Dec 04, 2022
Tithing is sinful
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by Alezy(m): 11:06am On Dec 04, 2022
elantraceey:
What does the bible instruct?
wow, Tracy. Longest of time I haven't seen your comment. So you're still on NL. Nice one
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by pongwa(m): 11:09am On Dec 04, 2022
blink:
wetin your faith tell you? Abi you are not a Christian?

"and without faith, it is impossible to please God"
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by genkins(m): 11:09am On Dec 04, 2022
Brooktrader:

Melchizedek is a Priest and King of Salem. In Hebrews 7:13-17, Jesus is considered a priest in the order of Melchizedek because, like Melchizedek, Jesus was not a descendant of Aaron, and thus would not qualify for the Jewish priesthood under the Law of Moses.

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
**here, Jesus was telling the Jews, before thier father Abraham came to being (on Earth) he was.

Hebrews 7:3 without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually(forever). This was about Melchizedek

The Bible is cryptic. It doesn't have to plainly say "take your tithe to the church" ..let the Holy Spirit teach you.

Baldadash. Jesus walked the earth, yet he did not collect tithes. As he was leaving, he did not mandate anyone to collect on his behalf. No apostle or disciple collected tithe. But scanners from Nigeria believe they should collect.. Lol
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by komekn(m): 11:10am On Dec 04, 2022
Brooktrader:

Again, you're thinking like a babe.

Of course the devil counterfeits God's practices. If people are so scared of the devil, yet because God is perceived as merciful; so they try to negotiate with God.

God has given the instructions. Decoding them is by the Holy Spirit. That's where most of us have failed because we rely on sense-knowledge.

You have a reprobate mind.

How can you make a comparison of process and principal by what is done in a blood thirsty satanic cult , "Ogboni fraternity ". That's the error here with the standards and principles of God . There can never be any COMPARISON light and darkness don't meet.

With regards to the word of God it's clear there is to nothing decode.

But born of a spirit of disobedience we seek ways to circumvent and or articulate it into modern day Norms and values that are palatable to our flesh .
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by komekn(m): 11:12am On Dec 04, 2022
genkins:

Baldadash. Jesus walked the earth, yet he did not collect tithes. As he was leaving, he did not mandate anyone to collect on his behalf. No apostle or disciple collected tithe. But scanners from Nigeria believe they should collect.. Lol

Unfortunately your correct, codswallop and balderdash nonsense.
Re: Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. by MrPaul2: 11:12am On Dec 04, 2022
Brooktrader:

The bible make it clear in Deuteronomy 14 vs 28 and 29. And repeated it in Deuteronomy 26 vs 12 and 13 on how and when to pay tight. Most pastors don't like this scripture but it's there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Apostle Matthew Idongesit: Nsima Ekere Will Win Akwa Ibom Governorship Election / What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? / Dominican Republic: TB Joshua Gets Highest Senate, Congress Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.