Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? (3597 Views)

Ooni Of Ife's Son Proposes To Girlfriend On His Knees. [photos] / Should I Propose On The Plane Or Dubai's Tallest Building / How Can A Guy Propose To A Lady That Is Older Than Him By 3years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by killjoy(m): 10:13am On Dec 30, 2014
is it compulsory? not that i intend to propose any time soon if ever. but why....
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 30, 2014
Cuz we hav all been bewitched to do dat...
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by elantraceey(f): 10:17am On Dec 30, 2014
why shouldn't he?
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 30, 2014
No. You can also propose while squatting. undecided
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by killjoy(m): 10:18am On Dec 30, 2014
Cutehector4u:
Cuz we hav all been bewitched to do dat...

chisos!! who bewitched you?? omg... plz dont tell me it your... wait for it... wait for it... wait it... [size=23pt]your grandmother[/size]
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by killjoy(m): 10:19am On Dec 30, 2014
elantraceey:
why shouldn't he?

tell me why he should and stop asking me rhetorical question jawe
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by elantraceey(f): 10:21am On Dec 30, 2014
killjoy:

tell me why he should and stop asking me rhetorical question jawe

They say ladies first abi

so just answer me first .
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by niqqa(m): 10:23am On Dec 30, 2014
Becos d guy na davido
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by killjoy(m): 10:26am On Dec 30, 2014
elantraceey:

They say ladies first abi

so just answer me first .

ladies first my foot... who are the {they} that said so by d way
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by jmoore(m): 10:26am On Dec 30, 2014
That's hollywood stuff.
In reality, most nigerian men don't kneel down to propose.

But some ladies kneel down to propose indirectly, by saying "honey, I am pregnant."

3 Likes

Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by killjoy(m): 10:27am On Dec 30, 2014
niqqa:
Becos d guy na davido
wah did u read the question well before posting??
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by killjoy(m): 10:28am On Dec 30, 2014
jmoore:
That's hollywood stuff.
In reality, most nigerian men don't kneel down to propose.

But some ladies kneel down to propose indirectly, by saying "honey, I am pregnant."

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by elantraceey(f): 10:29am On Dec 30, 2014
killjoy:

ladies first my foot... who are the {they} that said so by d way

If you ask me? .........
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 30, 2014
Nobody ever said it was mandatory for a guy to kneel when proposing, though every lady would love that. It all depends on how romantic the guy is and how much he loves his woman.
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by thexzy(m): 10:33am On Dec 30, 2014
Going down on the knees is a sure way to receiving a positive reply.......it shows the sign of humility
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by killjoy(m): 10:37am On Dec 30, 2014
MzPreshie:
Nobody ever said it was mandatory for a guy to kneel when proposing, though every lady would love that. It all depends on how romantic the guy is and how much he loves his woman.

so wot ur saying is d more romantic and in love wit d gal, d more d chances of d guy proposing on his knees? wonderful... dat means our fathers probably never loved our mothers... but then, how come their marriages last longer dan d picnics many of us call marriages
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by killjoy(m): 10:40am On Dec 30, 2014
thexzy:
Going down on the knees is a sure way to receiving a positive reply.......it shows the sign of humility

so once i get on d street right away and get on my knees to propose, she.d most likely give me a yes... cos i am on my knees? plus accordin to ur twisted sense of reasoning, getting on ur knees for a woman is nw a sign of humility?
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by Newkidoo(m): 10:42am On Dec 30, 2014
Because I love her!!!
Now are you happy undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by killjoy(m): 10:43am On Dec 30, 2014
Newkidoo:
Because I love her!!!
Now are you happy undecided

easy a... we dey quarell befor?
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 30, 2014
killjoy:

chisos!! who bewitched you?? omg... plz dont tell me it your... wait for it... wait for it... wait it... [size=23pt]your grandmother[/size]
urm..i woulnt tolerate words like dat from u bro... Lets learn to be civilized in our comments.. I guess u would want that to be one of ur new yr resolutions... You dont knw who might help u
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by killjoy(m): 10:49am On Dec 30, 2014
Cutehector4u:
urm..i woulnt tolerate words like dat from u bro... Lets learn to be civilized in our comments.. I guess u would want that to be one of ur new yr resolutions... You dont knw who might help u

yyeaaa ur ryt... it was supposed to be a joke... damn me and my lame jokes
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 30, 2014
killjoy:

so wot ur saying is d more romantic and in love wit d gal, d more d chances of d guy proposing on his knees? wonderful... dat means our fathers probably never loved our mothers... but then, how come their marriages last longer dan d picnics many of us call marriages
Because in the days of our fathers, males were considered alpha beings, so kneeling down to propose to a weaker vessel was unheard of. And remember, romance is dynamic, not static. They had their own ways of proving their love then, just as we have ours now.
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by Newkidoo(m): 10:51am On Dec 30, 2014
killjoy:

easy a... we dey quarell befor?
Yes ooo.. How can u b killing joy up and down.. Wetin joy do u Na... undecided
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 30, 2014
MzPreshie:
i support u.
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by djeezy(m): 10:54am On Dec 30, 2014
Because he is begging her to marry him tongue
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by killjoy(m): 11:01am On Dec 30, 2014
MzPreshie:
Because in the days of our fathers, males were considered alpha beings, so kneeling down to propose to a weaker vessel was unheard of. And remember, romance is dynamic, not static. They had their own ways of proving their love then, just as we have ours now.

hmmm. nyc observation. guess nowadays alpha males r extinct - tnx to d overwhelming force of feminists. so is proposing on d knees a sign dat he isn't a strong male or its a sign of love or both?
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by killjoy(m): 11:03am On Dec 30, 2014
sophieabou:
i support u.

don't u hv a say of ur own? grin
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 30, 2014
To me,itz a sign of respect and humility,tho' itz not compulsory to go on ur knees while proposing.
Joecutie can xplain berra.
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 30, 2014
killjoy:

hmmm. nyc observation. guess nowadays alpha males r extinct - tnx to d overwhelming force of feminists. so is proposing on d knees a sign dat he isn't a strong male or its a sign of love or both?
I think its a sign of love, just one of the many ways of showing you really love who you're with.
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by killjoy(m): 11:16am On Dec 30, 2014
kristina1:
To me,itz a sign of respect and humility,tho' itz not compulsory to go on ur knees while proposing.
Joecutie can xplain berra.

while proposing on his knees isn't mandatory, any man who proposes on his knees is a humble man who will respect d woman... dat wot u mean?
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by killjoy(m): 11:20am On Dec 30, 2014
MzPreshie:
I think its a sign of love, just one of the many ways of showing you really love who you're with.

or, according to ur previous post, he is a beta or gamma or zigma male. a weak male... not necessarily sha Bt going on his knees cud be a sign of weakness too abi
Re: Why Must A Guy Propose On His Knees? by killjoy(m): 11:22am On Dec 30, 2014
Newkidoo:

Yes ooo.. How can u b killing joy up and down.. Wetin joy do u Na... undecided

no vex my broda, from next year I no go kill person joy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Side Chicks, TELL US!! / Why Are There So Many Fine Girls Saving Money in Gtbank (Photo Experience) / Please Help, My Boyfriend Masturbate

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.