Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Welcome To Abia State - the industrial and economic hub of the east. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welcome To Abia State - the industrial and economic hub of the east. (10379 Views)

Chris Ngige's Visit To Abia State (Photos) / Presidential Election Results From Sokoto State - The Nation / The President Is Coming To Abia State And The Whole Town Is Closed Down!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Abia State - the industrial and economic hub of the east. by Scholes007(m): 4:51pm On Jan 01, 2015
My pics are all messed up here cry... the new audit donated by Dr Uchechukwu Samson Ogah ....CEO master Energy conglomerate and a Governorship aspirant who was defeated in pdp primaries last year 2014 by Okezie ikpeazu

Re: Welcome To Abia State - the industrial and economic hub of the east. by Scholes007(m): 4:54pm On Jan 01, 2015
NEXT Gregory University Uturu
Owned by Chief Gregory Iyke Ibe
Re: Welcome To Abia State - the industrial and economic hub of the east. by Malawian(m): 5:14pm On Jan 01, 2015
Scholes007:
Uturu is a town in Abia state,she is under isuikwuato LGA. She is located about 30-40 kilometers from the state capital Umuahia. it houses great educational institutions like Abia state university, Gregory university,Marist institutions like Marist rehabilitation center ,marist brothers juniorate..
She is also has quarry in abundance,also she will soon be an industrial town to house masters energy industrial village worth billions of Naira... so i will upgrade you all with pictures as follows
1 Absu
2 Gregory university
3 Marist rehabilitation center
4 sectraco quarry site
5 masters energy industrial village
6 the villages historical heritage etc
bros, make sure you cover marist comprehensive academy. i schooled there and would like to see current pictures of that area.
Re: Welcome To Abia State - the industrial and economic hub of the east. by Scholes007(m): 5:20pm On Jan 01, 2015
Malawian:

bros, make sure you cover marist comprehensive academy. i schooled there and would like to see current pictures of that area.
Ok dear dear i also schooled there too...what year?
Re: Welcome To Abia State - the industrial and economic hub of the east. by IGBOSON1: 5:25pm On Jan 01, 2015
Anyone with recent pics of Abiriba?
Re: Welcome To Abia State - the industrial and economic hub of the east. by Malawian(m): 5:40pm On Jan 01, 2015
Scholes007:

Ok dear dear i also schooled there too...what year?
i finished 98 set. u?
Re: Welcome To Abia State - the industrial and economic hub of the east. by Scholes007(m): 5:45pm On Jan 01, 2015
that have been quit a long time senior. i jst finished in 2006
Re: Welcome To Abia State - the industrial and economic hub of the east. by Scholes007(m): 5:51pm On Jan 01, 2015
Malawian:

i finished 98 set. u?
that have been quit a long time senior. i jst finished in 2006...cos of you i will show a very detail pictures of hope ville rehab center
Re: Welcome To Abia State - the industrial and economic hub of the east. by Malawian(m): 6:05pm On Jan 01, 2015
Scholes007:

that have been quit a long time senior. i jst finished in 2006...cos of you i will show a very detail pictures of hope ville rehab center
make sure you also snap pictures if campus 3 lolz.
Re: Welcome To Abia State - the industrial and economic hub of the east. by FKO81(m): 6:22pm On Jan 01, 2015
B2mario:
Thanks my Abia brothers, I'll come soon with Umuahia and Aba pics.

But Ash80 pls why is it that Anambra always like to cause problem in anything that concerns other igbos?

I will go to Onitsha and show the whole world what Onitsha is.
Guy I have tried to be calm but I noticed you are having complex problem, why not concentrate on building your thread and stop engaging Anambra, OUK and TAO are not from Anambra state, instead of discussing on how to elect best candidate in coming election you are here attacking Anambra state, I had my primary school in ABA living world academy, my grand father have his estate n ABA, Osisioma, deport road, I know what he went through under Ike Nwachukwu's administration which I don't want to discuss here, your focus should be on how to elect crediable leader not Anambra state. Anambra has the biggest economy in southeast I don't know why the hatred and envy, it's all for the good of ndi-Igbo, those doing business in Anambra state are Igbos and Nigerians not just Anambra citizen, my friend stop the hate and embrace your bothers to build a prosperous Igbo nation.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Abia State - the industrial and economic hub of the east. by Ikengawo: 6:27pm On Jan 01, 2015
Anambra doesn't have the biggest economy in the SE

List of Nigerian states by GDP

1 Lagos State US$74,674[3]
2 Rivers State US$21,073
3 Delta State US$16,749
4 Oyo State US$16,121
5 Imo State US$14,212
6 Kano State US$12,393
7 Edo State US$11,888
8 Akwa Ibom State US$11,179
9 Ogun State US$10,470
10 Kaduna State US$10,334
11 Cross River State US$9,292
12 Abia State US$8,687
13 Ondo State US$8,414
14 Osun State US$7,280
15 Benue State US$6,864
16 Anambra State US$6,764

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_GDP

Re: Welcome To Abia State - the industrial and economic hub of the east. by Schematics: 6:31pm On Jan 01, 2015
Abeg nwanne leave their thread for them. As for Ikengawo, it does not matter if he get all the link on the internet to satistify himself the reality on the ground is still clear for everyone to see. wikipedia? cheesy

FKO81:

Guy I have tried to be calm but I noticed you are having complex problem, why not concentrate on building your thread and stop engaging Anambra, OUK and TAO are not from Anambra state, instead of discussing on how to elect best candidate in coming election you are here attacking Anambra state, I had my primary school in ABA living world academy, my grand father have his estate n ABA, Osisioma, deport road, I know what he went through under Ike Nwachukwu's administration which I don't want to discuss here, your focus should be on how to elect crediable leader not Anambra state. Anambra has the biggest economy in southeast I don't know why the hatred and envy, it's all for the good of ndi-Igbo, those doing business in Anambra state are Igbos and Nigerians not just Anambra citizen, my friend stop the hate and embrace your bothers to build a prosperous Igbo nation.
Re: Welcome To Abia State - the industrial and economic hub of the east. by FKO81(m): 6:37pm On Jan 01, 2015
Ikengawo:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/cbn-ranks-anambra-third-in-deposit-mobilisation/137412/
CBN Ranks Anambra Third in Deposit MobilisationCentral Bank of NigeriaThe Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has rated the economy of Anambra as among the strongest in the country.The Branch Manager of the bank in Awka, Mr Okoro Azubuike, announced the rating in Awka on Thursday when he received the Minister of Information, Mr Labaran Maku, who was on good governance tour of the state.Azubuike said the deposit mobilisation on the state was third in the country behind Lagos and Kano, while it ranked fourth in terms of the presence of commercial and micro-finance banks.He said the commercial cities of Onitsha and Nnewi were large and had made the state the commercial base of the South-east region.In his remarks, Governor Peter Obi said the bank was crucial to the commercial activities of the state, adding that the government had resolved to fast track the construction of its permanent.Tags: Nigeria, Featured, NAHCO, News, CBNFor those that lack information on state of Anambra Economy, just few weeks ago same CBN rate them second in bank branchies in Nigeria after Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Welcome To Abia State - the industrial and economic hub of the east. by FKO81(m): 6:45pm On Jan 01, 2015
Ikengawo:

Leadership Lessons from Peter Obi to Orji Uzor KaluBy Uche Aguoru
There is usually a time in a man's life when he takes the ultimate decision in life and such decision is usually associated with great achievers, men who put others first before self, men who place the state first before material gain. As I stood there in Chief Peter Obi's residence in Government Reserve Area! Onitsha, Anambra State, waiting for the moment he will say he has joined PDP knowing that he has left APGA and all what he stands to gain materially from the state in the hands of Obiano the incumbent governor who Obi single handedly made the governor of Anambra State. We all know that it is a very hard decision to make, leaving a comfort zone and moving to an unknown terrain, that was exactly what Peter Obi the former governor of Anambra State did on the 7th of October 201. He chose to play politics on the basis of national interest and to shun greed and high handedness. I looked round his residence and all I saw was a modest residence, modestly furnished and at that point I asked myself can such a man who manned the affairs of the richest South-east state for eight years live such a modest life style? My mind quickly ran back to the era of Chief Orji Uzor Kalu who used the period he was the governor of Abia State to run the state down while developing his business empire and was busy building Camp Neya in Igbere when the state he was governing does not even have a government house.What differentiates Obi from other greedy politicians like OUK is that once Obi had successfully insured that he has secured the state by ensuring that he handed over the mantle of leadership of the state to a man he is sure that wont mismanage the resources of the state but will rather try to improve on the achievements he had on ground already, he totally hands off from the governance of the state and had to move on with his life in other spheres even to the extent of joining another political party, Peter Obi left 75 billion naira for Obiano to work with that was why it took Obiano little or no time to put his government in order and to also start some key project implementation which has already been budgeted for by his predecessor.This is a very big lesson in stewardship and honesty as against a situation where by your predecessor will take away every little fund left in the states purse and even go ahead to borrow money and also tactically and falsely obtain funds from donor agencies into his private account leaving the debt and bad image for the incoming administration such as we saw in the case of Orji Uzor Kalu where He had to accrue so much debt for the state and left nothing for Chief T.A. Orji to work with.For Peter Obi to have moved over to another party means that he is not ready to play God fatherism of any sort on the incumbent in as much as he has been his boss all along even before politics, for Okwute ndi Igbo to have left the party means he shunned greed and materialism for the interest of his state, Anambra. For Obi to have left APGA for PDP means he loved his state and has the interest of his people at heart and has placed them first before self.Since Obi handed over to Obiano I have not heard or read him any where criticizing and telling lies against Obiano on the pages of every newspaper.Okwute ndi Igbo did not appoint those he wants Obiano to work with, he has brothers, he has relations he could have placed in strategic positions in Obiano's government even as Chief of staff to Obiano but he did not do that because he wanted Obiano to succeed and for Anambra to grow beyond the level he (Obi) left her.That is selflessness Peter left APGA for PDP so as to attract more federal presence to his state and today he is received into the PDP like a hero he is and the whole world witnessed his entry into the party.Who received OUK back into PDP and who witnessed his return to the party? If Obi had chosen to be highhanded like Orji Kalu he could have divided APGA or try to destroy it before leaving but he did not even tamper with the APGA structure that he built down to the wards in Anambra, he simply moved to a party where he felt has a wider reach, a party at the centre where his voice can be heard the more for the interest of his people.And to prove to the world that he is not having any face-off with the incumbent, he stood by him all through the electoral process down to the Supreme Court victory before decamping to the party with the widest Umbrella on planet earth (PDP) and today whether we like Obi's action or not he has taught some of our leaders what selfless leadership should be and these are some of the lessons that those who help Orji Kalu to write his leadership series in his Sun newspapers should help teach him, they should tell him thatsad1) Greed had cost him more than he had gained,(2) That it was greed and high handedness that made his party PPA loose two states that are already in their control namely Imo and Abia,(3) That it was greed and high handedness that made him not to belong to any political party today not even his PPA, and (4) That it was greed that killed his party the Progressive Peoples Alliance.These are some of the lessons in leadership that Orji Kalu should learn from Okwute Ndi Igbo, Chief Peter Obi..
Aguoru writes from Umuahia

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abia State - the industrial and economic hub of the east. by Scholes007(m): 11:03am On Jan 02, 2015
pls check here for a little knowledge about Gregory university: https://www.nairaland.com/1393601/silently-dr-greg-ibe-answers/1
Although it is quit larger and better than what you see there
Re: Welcome To Abia State - the industrial and economic hub of the east. by asha80(m): 11:11am On Jan 02, 2015
Scholes007:
pls check here for a little knowledge about Gregory university: https://www.nairaland.com/1393601/silently-dr-greg-ibe-answers/1
Although it is quit larger and better than what you see there
still awaiting your uturu and Uche ogah's plant pictures
Re: Welcome To Abia State - the industrial and economic hub of the east. by revolt(m): 12:08pm On Jan 02, 2015
was so happy to see that innoson bus in the last pix.......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Federal Character Breeds Mediocrity - Sanusi / Obi Appoints Bob Manuel As SSA. / NLC Faults N180 Billion Palliatives, Says Governors Will Frustrate Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.