Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,412 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:27 AM

7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain (1402 Views)

7 Ways To Tell If Your Boyfriend Is Going To Be Rich / Photo: New Chemical That Transforms Black Man To White In 6 Hrs / 13 Common Ways Love Makes Us Act Foolish. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by Zulash: 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2014

Head over heels? Here's what happens in our brains when we fall in love.

When we fall in love, we often think of the wonders it does to our heart and soul. But there's another organ that's deeply affected by your loving relationships: Your brain.

And it goes far beyond feeling emotions from sappy love songs, puppy dog eyes and Emoji heart-filled texts. When you're head over heels for someone, some parts of your brain are activated, and others are switched off. That's right, love, both romantic and parental, is actually altering the way you think.

Smitten with someone? Here's how your brain is handling your romance.

1. You Feel Addicted
Ever hear that love is a drug? Well, there may be some truth to that. Your brain houses these intensely passionate feelings using the same system that's activated when a person is addicted to drugs, from the euphoria you feel to your cravings for more. Sure, it might be a much healthier addiction — but let's face facts, shall we? You're an addict.

2. You Start Thinking In Twos
It's not just "me, me, me" anymore. Now, there's two of you to think about — and your brain will automatically pick up the changes. From birth, we're linked to our mothers and much to scientists' surprise, the connection transforms and changes with each relationship we have. The bond you share with your partner or children runs way deeper than just on the outside. A recent study linked using first-person singular pronouns (me, myself and I) to higher rates of depression than those who say "we" and "us." More proof that healthy relationships are invaluable.

3. You Love Longer (And Become Wiser)
Falling in love is as good for your heart as it is for your mental heath. People in love report higher levels of dopamine, which is linked to pleasure, desire and euphoria. Studies report that people in positive, healthy relationships live longer, are happier, wiser and have better mental health.

4. You're More Supportive
One of the biggest benefits of falling — and staying — in love is that you'll learn what it's really like to lean on (and support) another person. Building trust in a relationship is crucial. And, your brain helps you out with that. Through MRI scans, researchers have found that when we fall in love, the frontal cortex — the area of the brain that's responsible for judgment — shuts down. So when we're in love, we're less likely to be critical or skeptical of the person we care about.

5. You De-Stress
Some of us might mistake those butterflies surrounding your first kiss — but there's no way your brain will ever forget how it first felt to be touched by someone you're in love with. Here's the completely crazy part: in healthy relationships, holding on to your partner's hand is enough to keep you from stressing, lower your blood pressure, ease your physical pain and improve your health. A healthy, encouraging relationship actually alters your brain function.

6. You Glow (Well, Your Brain's Reward Centers Do!)
Wondering what the key to longevity is in a relationship? Scientists found it. In a study that assessed couples who defined themselves as "madly in love", scientists found that the reward centers of their brains lit up after just looking at a picture of their spouse. In the calm and stress sites of the brain, researchers found a reduction in light up activity. Let the bright lines shine, baby!

7. You Feel Safe
Similar to the first bonds babies make with their mothers, the feeling of security will emerge in your relationship. As you age and change, your body actually remembers the brain cycles and stages that you went through in your youth — so when you feel reconnected to your baby self, those feelings of safety and contentment will come flooding back. Research also shows that when we feel love for someone, it shuts down the part of our brain that controls fear and negative emotions.

More Topics AT: www.9jaexclusive.net
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
Oo en
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 30, 2014
Well, I don't need to date to have these features activated.
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 30, 2014
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! im inlavee babyyyyyyyyy!! cheesy
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 30, 2014
well i dont need love to tell me thaተ this thread is entering fpage...
if it doesnt lemme dont love again...

sweet jesud cry
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by Kazrem(m): 8:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
EroticAngelina:
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! im inlavee babyyyyyyyyy!! cheesy
Do I still follow you? Oooooops!
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 30, 2014
Kazrem:

Do I still follow you? Oooooops!
u again! undecided
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by Oluwatosean(m): 9:57pm On Dec 30, 2014
undecided Me No Dey Fall In Love, I Stand In Love
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ive never been in love before.I think its over rated.
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 30, 2014
Don't u ever believe her!!!

Na f.p I dae see sooo?
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
totally on point
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by jahbiz: 10:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
I think I love this part:

5. You De-Stress
Some of us might mistake those butterflies surrounding your first kiss — but there's no way your brain will ever forget how it first felt to be touched by someone you're in love with. Here's the completely crazy part: in healthy relationships, holding on to your partner's hand is enough to keep you from stressing, lower your blood pressure, ease your physical pain and improve your health. A healthy, encouraging relationship actually alters your brain function.
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 30, 2014
So love still dey d town ?
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by yomi007k(m): 11:28pm On Dec 30, 2014
dovelike:
U need 2 date me. U'll be so in love dt u'll forget ur name. grin
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by wunmi590(m): 12:08am On Dec 31, 2014
dovelike:
Then let me teach u hw 2 b in luv cheesy
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 31, 2014
wunmi590:

Then let me teach u hw 2 b in luv cheesy
Oya teach me
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by Nobody: 1:19am On Dec 31, 2014
yomi007k:

U need 2 date me. U'll be so in love dt u'll forget ur name. grin
Lol.Are you the one in your dp?
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by yomi007k(m): 7:44am On Dec 31, 2014
dovelike:

Lol.Are you the one in your dp?
Yeah
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by wunmi590(m): 8:28am On Dec 31, 2014
dovelike:

Oya teach me

U go pay moni frst b4 I teach u grin
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 31, 2014
wunmi590:

U go pay moni frst b4 I teach u grin
lol.

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by wunmi590(m): 4:07pm On Dec 31, 2014
dovelike:

lol.
Oya trnfr d moni, I dey wait grin
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by PHgirl(f): 4:20pm On Dec 31, 2014
I go love, oh. cheesy cheesy grin
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 31, 2014
wunmi590:

Oya trnfr d moni, I dey wait grin
Lol.Oleeee. you be love doctor?
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by wunmi590(m): 7:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
dovelike:

Lol.Oleeee. you be love doctor?

No, I am a love microbiologist, dt wuld dtst d orgnsms on ur bdy grin
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by FLAWLES(f): 7:20pm On Dec 31, 2014
Right
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 31, 2014
wunmi590:

No, I am a love microbiologist, dt wuld dtst d orgnsms on ur bdy grin
Lol.Make I run comot.I no dooo
Re: 7 Ways Love Transforms Your Brain by yomi007k(m): 7:35pm On Dec 31, 2014
PHgirl:
I go love, oh. cheesy cheesy grin
U sure tongue?

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Men Text Rather Than Call? / 10 Manly Qualities Women Are Jealous Of! / How Do I Break Up With My Girl Friend?... I Want To Focus On My Post Utme Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.