Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,723 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

I Don't Understand God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Understand God (6234 Views)

Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way / Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. / Why People Don't Understand Prophets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Understand God by kevoh(m): 10:20am On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

So it's logical to assume that the Creator of we, humans would derive pleasure in watching us suffer? undecided
That's what Satan wants you to think.
Yeah right, an omni-powerful and omni-scient god creates the world and hands it over to satan to rule for free...every good thing that happens you claim it was god's but if it's bad you guys quickly claim it's satan, he rules the world bla bla bla

Tell your god to grow some cojones and take over the world from satan then. Enough of starving kids in ravaged countries!
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 31, 2014
hahn:

I beg to differ. First you wrote a list and said that God will answer my prayers if I follow that list but still the prayers of millions of innocent children have not been answered only for you to remind me of Satan. Sounds like confusion to me

Did you miss the part where I talked about "bigger and better" things? undecided

I brought up the issue about Satan, because I wanted to make it clear that you being a devoted Christian doesn't put you out of harm's way.
It doesn't mean all your whims and desires would be attended to.
It is Satan's world.
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 31, 2014
kevoh:

Yeah right, an omni-powerful and omni-scient god creates the world and hands it over to satan to rule for free...every good thing that happens you claim it was god's but if it's bad you guys quickly claim it's satan, he rules the world bla bla bla

Tell your god to grow some cojones and take over the world from satan then. Enough of starving kids in ravaged countries!

He didn't just hand it over to Satan.

You sound far gone.
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

Jesus is ruling over the heavenly kingdom, not earth.

1 John 5:19- "...The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one."
He says "All" a layman knows All means All. Now for d scripture u quote: Who is the world here? People or Terrestial powers?
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 31, 2014
starlingslimnet:
He says "All" a layman knows All means All. Now for d scripture u quote: Who is the world here? People or Terrestial powers?

The whole world is the earth.
Lol, why must you confuse things?

Terrestial powers, kwa?
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 31, 2014
tosag:
For a long time now, I've been praying to God for a job. I've fasted, prayed and even gone for deliverance at MFM twice, all to no avail. The bible says in the book of psalms that God is love and that His mercies endureth forever. If God is indeed merciful as the bible claims why hasn't He heard my cry for help? Even me, an earthly father will not sit and watch my own biological son, whom I brought into this world to suffer for something I know I can provide him. My question is " Is there anything I can do to make God see the seriousness of my situation and for Him to come to my help?". My fellow nairalanders pls I need ur candid advice and suggestions.

Stop Prayer and start acting.

What are your qualifications ?
Do you have any professional qualifications or intention to get some in your area of interest ?
Is your CV up to date and professional standard in terms of content and presentation ?
Read very carefully the Job requirements to tailor your CV and cover letter accordingly , don't send a generic copy ?
Have you done a skill and experience mapping to the Jobs you want to apply for ?
What do you think you can bring to your new Job and what are your career plans for the next 5 years ?

Advice : Go to Google and search for good CVs and material/advice in the same area of your career choice.

If you have been trying the same thing for a long time and it does not work, try another thing. I heard the case of a man who printed about 100 CVs and kept sending to various employers and received a reject each time, he never made it to the interview. Then he decided on a new strategy, he did what I advised you above and got a Job not long after. Obviously that was in the UK , it may not be as easy in Nigeria.

Your prayer point : Wisdom and favour.

Stop going to MFM to waste your time.
Re: I Don't Understand God by kevoh(m): 10:30am On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

He didn't just hand it over to Satan.

You sound far gone.
I'm very much around. So how did he do it then...was it wrestled away from him by satan? tongue
Re: I Don't Understand God by hahn(m): 10:30am On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

Did you miss the part where I talked about "bigger and better" things? undecided

I brought up the issue about Satan, because I wanted to make it clear that you being a devoted Christian doesn't put you out of harm's way.
It doesn't mean all your whims and desires would be attended to.
It is Satan's world.

So God created the world and gave it Satan. Very generous of him
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 31, 2014
kevoh:

I'm very much around. So how did he do it then...was it wrestled away from him by satan? tongue

Lol, no smiley

You wanna hear the story?
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 31, 2014
hahn:

So God created the world and gave it Satan. Very generous of him

Satan challenged God; he said he'd be a better ruler.
You know how the temptation of Eve went down, don't you?
Re: I Don't Understand God by kevoh(m): 10:35am On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

Lol, no smiley

You wanna hear the story?

I'm all ears.
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 31, 2014
frosbel:

Stop Prayer and start acting.

What are your qualifications ?
Do you have any professional qualifications or intention to get some in your area of interest ?
Is your CV up to date and professional standard in terms of content and presentation ?
Read very carefully the Job requirements to tailor your CV and cover letter accordingly , don't send a generic copy ?
Have you done a skill and experience mapping to the Jobs you want to apply for ?
What do you think you can bring to your new Job and what are your career plans for the next 5 years ?

Advice : Go to Google and search for good CVs and material/advice in the same area of your career choice.

If you have been trying the same thing for a long time and it does not work, try another thing. I heard the case of a man who printed about 100 CVs and kept sending to various employers and received a reject each time, he never made it to the interview. Then he decided on a new strategy, he did what I advised you above and got a Job not long after. Obviously that was in the UK , it may not be as easy in Nigeria.

Your prayer point : Wisdom and favour.

Stop going to MFM to waste your time.

Noted. But are u trying to say I should put God aside for now?
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 31, 2014
kevoh:

Yeah, Almighty Omni-benevolent and MERCIFUL god let's satan be in control while millions of children are dying of starvation. Erm, what do they call people that derive joy in seeing others suffer?

The term for it is Schadenfreude
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

In the beginning there were Gods. There has never been a battle for supremacy. Why would the Gods act like men?
Re: I Don't Understand God by hahn(m): 10:40am On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

So, basically God is punishing us because he and Satan had a quarrel and since existence they've been trying to figure out who's the better ruler while innocent kids starve and die and will probably end up in hell if they don't accept God as their Lord and personal saviour. Interesting
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 31, 2014
kevoh:

I'm all ears.

Satan challenged God; said He can't properly rule his people.
Adam and Eve fell prey to his temptation.
God, of course could not destroy Satan as Adam and Eve had chosen him over their creator.
He let Satan rule and prove the crazy claim he's better.
Err....
It's up to us to choose who we want as ruler now. God or Satan.

That make any sense to you?
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

Satan is the ruler of the world.
Do you expect that God would assist him in ruling it? undecided

Yet god will not save his own when they face tribulations cos satan is the ruler of the world, where does that put your god?
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 31, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

In the beginning there were Gods. There has never been a battle for supremacy. Why would the Gods act like men?

How would you know?
Do you read the Bible? undecided
Re: I Don't Understand God by kevoh(m): 10:45am On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

Satan challenged God; said He can't properly rule his people.
Adam and Eve fell prey to his temptation.
God, of course could not destroy Satan as Adam and Eve had chosen him over their creator.
He let Satan rule and prove the crazy claim he's better.
Err....
It's up to us to choose who we want as ruler now. God or Satan.

That make any sense to you?
Nope... undecided Find a more convincing story for adults! This one is for toddlers...!
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 31, 2014
hahn:

So, basically God is punishing us because he and Satan had a quarrel and since existence they've been trying to figure out who's the better ruler while innocent kids starve and die and will probably end up in hell if they don't accept God as their Lord and personal saviour. Interesting

cheesycheesy
This is more than just a quarrel; this is Satan challenging God's sovereignty, His right to rule.
Claiming to be better.

Was God to destroy Satan and have the angels and Adam and Eve thinking it was because God was inept as a ruler?
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 31, 2014
neoapocalypse:

Yet god will not save his own when they face tribulations cos satan is the ruler of the world, where does that put your god?

That would be tantamount to God assisting Satan.
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

I'm guessing you were at this meeting for you to know so much about it
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

How would you know?
Do you read the Bible? undecided
Why not?
Re: I Don't Understand God by hahn(m): 10:54am On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

cheesycheesy
This is more than just a quarrel; this is Satan challenging God's sovereignty, His right to rule.
Claiming to be better.

Was God to destroy Satan and have the angels and Adam and Eve thinking it was because God was inept as a ruler?

Better he destroyed Satan than making me a victim of their egocentric quarrel. Don't you think?

Besides, God is peaceful. He should have forgiven Satan and moved on with creation. This their quarrel don tey well well o. And you expect me not to keep malice with my neighbours. Hian

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 31, 2014
neoapocalypse:

I'm guessing you were at this meeting for you to know so much about it

Do you believe in the Bible?
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 31, 2014
tosag:
Noted. But are u trying to say I should put God aside for now?

Of course not.

Pray for WISDOM and favour.

You don't need to go to MFM to chant all night about wizards and witches, this is just a waste of time.

Pray in your room , pray for wisdom as you research on ways to better yourself and CV, pray for wisdom as you apply, pray for wisdom and favour as you wait for news etc. This prayer could be 2 minutes or 5 minutes, God is not deaf !
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 31, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

Why not?

You surprise me more and more each day. undecided

Do you also go to church?
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

Do you believe in the Bible?

The Bible is a great book but it contains a lot of historically incorrect information and defies logical reasoning
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 31, 2014
hahn:

Better he destroyed Satan than making me a victim of their egocentric quarrel. Don't you think?

Besides, God is peaceful. He should have forgiven Satan and moved on with creation. This their quarrel don tey well well o. And you expect me not to keep malice with my neighbours. Hian

It wasn't about forgiving and forgetting.

It was more like a student saying to his Lecturer: "I am better than you; and all you're teaching is just a bunch of crap!"

If you were the Lecturer, what would you do?

1. Call out the student and ask him to do better [which he obviously can't]

2. Chase him out of the class and have the other students believe that he is right about you; and you are afraid of being proven wrong.
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 31, 2014
neoapocalypse:

The Bible is a great book but it contains a lot of historically incorrect information and defies logical reasoning

"Incorrect information"?

Explain.
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

"Incorrect information"?

Explain.

O please MzNelly, you don't expect me to list them out
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 31, 2014
neoapocalypse:

O please MzNelly, you don't expect me to list them out

Actually, I do.
That's a very sensitive statement you made; and I am anxious to see the facts you have to back it up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian / Nigerian Pastor Engages Evil Spirit In A Bizarre Deliverance Session (photos) / Why Do People Fall Under The Anointing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.