Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,675 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

I Don't Understand God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Understand God (6231 Views)

Why Atheists Can Never Understand God's Way / Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. / Why People Don't Understand Prophets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 31, 2014
neoapocalypse:

You want to take the easy way out
Unless the veil is removed u keep marching to Hell thinking you are doing the right thing.
Re: I Don't Understand God by Weah96: 12:28pm On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

The laptop you speak of is a MACHINE!
We are humans. They don't have free will, we do!

God didn't program Satan's actions, just like he doesn't program ours.
If he took away our free will, do you know what would become of us? undecided

We'd be just as good as ROBOTS!

Machines can have free will too, one only has to program it to behave unpredictably. But designers don't make machines that way. My computer powers up when I hit the power button. It doesn't jump from my lap and take off running. But it could have been designed to demonstrate any number of behaviors randomly. What good is such a product?

In reference to the highlighted part, God does program people. He programmed Lucifer to select from one of TWO choices. He didn't want Lucifer to be a good person by design, so he created his brain in such a way that it could potentially find evil to be appealing.

How do you know that it isn't a design flaw that allowed the brain of Lucifer to find evil appealing? The option was inserted into the software by God himself.
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 31, 2014
starlingslimnet:
We are not dear,look deep into the mystery of God. "The world is in the Power of the evil one" is reffering to the elemental spirits of d world they are totally commited to carry out the order of satan. Let me reveal one weakness of satan to u,He is powerless but become powerful when u ascribe power to him. As curny as He is he has not a single power over the heart of a man. But the Holy Spirit have the Power to convict the heart of a man irrespective of dat man's will,who can resist His will? But satan,a NO from u he can't force u but only flee.
I wish the church can see how weak satan is than ascribing what he does not have to him

*facepalm*

"...The ruler of the world has no hold on me." --- John 14:30

"...The ruler of this world has been judged." ---John 16:11
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

*facepalm*

"...The ruler of the world has no hold on me." --- John 14:30

"...The ruler of this world has been judged." ---John 16:11
Do u understand the verse u quote?
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 31, 2014
Weah96:

Machines can have free will too, one only has to program it to behave unpredictably. But designers don't make machines that way. My computer powers up when I hit the power button. It doesn't jump from my lap and take off running. But it could have been designed to demonstrate any number of behaviors randomly. What good is such a product?

In reference to the highlighted part, God does program people. He programmed Lucifer to select from one of TWO choices. He didn't want Lucifer to be a good person by design, so he created his brain in such a way that it could potentially find evil to be appealing.

How do you know that it isn't a design flaw that allowed the brain of Lucifer to find evil appealing? The option was inserted into the software by God himself.

LOL cheesycheesycheesy

You've succeeded in rendering me speechless with your over exaggerated ideas. cheesy
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 31, 2014
starlingslimnet:
Do u understand the verse u quote?

Dear, I'm tired of telling you how right I am. kiss

I'm hungry. grin
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

What more would you have me say?
You're not being very explicit, you know.

Tell me the controversies.

give me a moment, I've got to attend to some issues at work
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 31, 2014
neoapocalypse:

give me a moment, I've got to attend to some issues at work

It's all good. smiley
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

Dear, I'm tired of telling you how right I am. kiss

I'm hungry. grin
Dear? I will put that in mind grin, Find something to eat and answer my question thereof
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 31, 2014
starlingslimnet:
Dear? I will put that in mind grin, Find something to eat and answer my question thereof

Keep it in mind at your own risk. tongue

Your question?
I understand the verses.

I know you have another twist to it tho; entertain me with it later. smiley
Re: I Don't Understand God by Weah96: 12:54pm On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

LOL cheesycheesycheesy

You've succeeded in rendering me speechless with your over exaggerated ideas. cheesy

To your credit, your version of free will is more plausible than other versions I've heard here. At least, your God doesn't know everything and can't predict what people will do in the future. Designing a product with free will in this instance is deleterious to the designer, but at least your idea makes sense.

What I've heard from others is that God knows which choices people will make in the future before he even gets to the designing board. Freewill cannot exist under those circumstances.
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

Keep it in mind at your own risk. tongue

Your question?
I understand the verses.

I know you have another twist to it tho; entertain me with it later. smiley
Good,now tell me what it means since u understand it
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 31, 2014
Weah96:

To your credit, your version of free will is more plausible than other versions I've heard here. At least, your God doesn't know everything and can't predict what people will do in the future. Designing a product with free will in this instance is deleterious to the designer, but at least your idea makes sense.

What I've heard from others is that God knows which choices people will make in the future before he even gets to the designing board. Freewill cannot exist under those circumstances.

Wow, I'm glad. smiley
Re: I Don't Understand God by Weah96: 1:05pm On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

Wow, I'm glad. smiley

Me too. At least you're an honest person. It's the first step on the way to Godliness.
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2014
starlingslimnet:
Good,now tell me what it means since u understand it

They're self explanatory. Satan is the ruler.
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

They're self explanatory. Satan is the ruler.
until u understand d word "world" i'm afraid u go on to confuse urself. Besides kindly follow back.
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
starlingslimnet:
until u understand d word "world" i'm afraid u go on to confuse urself. Besides kindly follow back.

What will you buy for me if I do? smiley
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 31, 2014
Weah96:

Me too. At least you're an honest person. It's the first step on the way to Godliness.

"Godliness?"

Thought you were an atheist.
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

What will you buy for me if I do? smiley
Something money can't buy i think to buy but unless u follow back how will it reach you?
Re: I Don't Understand God by 5minsmadness: 1:20pm On Dec 31, 2014
tosag:
For a long time now, I've been praying to God for a job. I've fasted, prayed and even gone for deliverance at MFM twice, all to no avail. The bible says in the book of psalms that God is love and that His mercies endureth forever. If God is indeed merciful as the bible claims why hasn't He heard my cry for help? Even me, an earthly father will not sit and watch my own biological son, whom I brought into this world to suffer for something I know I can provide him. My question is " Is there anything I can do to make God see the seriousness of my situation and for Him to come to my help?". My fellow nairalanders pls I need ur candid advice and suggestions.
Op have you looked for a job?
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 31, 2014
starlingslimnet:
Something money can't buy i think to buy but unless u follow back how will it reach you?

undecided Hm.

Just 'cos you asked tho.
Re: I Don't Understand God by Weah96: 1:33pm On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

"Godliness?"

Thought you were an atheist.

I am. I don't believe in personal Gods. But I do believe that we all harbor a potential for good, or Godliness, and the first step on the way to realizing that potential is honesty, followed by an expression of love towards all human beings.
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 31, 2014
Weah96:

I am. I don't believe in personal Gods. But I do believe that we all harbor a potential for good, or Godliness, and the first step on the way to realizing that potential is honesty, followed by an expression of love towards all human beings.
Whats is Godliness?
Re: I Don't Understand God by Weah96: 1:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
starlingslimnet:
Whats ur Godliness?

Honesty and love.
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
Weah96:

Honesty and love.
How do come across the word "Godliness"
Re: I Don't Understand God by hahn(m): 5:12pm On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

LOL cheesycheesycheesy

Bro, God is not one to predetermine. Knowing what Satan was gonna do and creating him is st.upidity nau. undecided

C'mon, are you telling me that God knows what Hahn is gonna do this time tomorrow?

Well, according to what I've heard, yes. What's your religion?
Re: I Don't Understand God by Weah96: 5:16pm On Dec 31, 2014
starlingslimnet:
How do come across the word "Godliness"

I am my own God. I worship my "conscience."
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 31, 2014
hahn:

Well, according to what I've heard, yes. What's your religion?

Well, what you've heard is wrong. That would mean you lacked freewill, which you don't.

I'm a Witness; Jehovah's Witness. cheesy
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 31, 2014
Weah96:

I am my own God. I worship my "conscience."
I did not ask u what u worship. I asked "How did u come across the word Godliness"
Re: I Don't Understand God by hahn(m): 5:27pm On Dec 31, 2014
MzNelly:

Well, what you've heard is wrong. That would mean you lacked freewill, which you don't.

I'm a Witness; Jehovah's Witness. cheesy

Ok. Cool. So your doctrine states that God isn't omnipotent or any of the other omnis, right?
Re: I Don't Understand God by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
hahn:

Ok. Cool. So your doctrine states that God isn't omnipotent or any of the other omnis, right?

Our doctrine?

God is omnipotent and all other omnis you can think of.

Where are you going with this?
Re: I Don't Understand God by Weah96: 6:17pm On Dec 31, 2014
starlingslimnet:
I did not ask u what u worship. I asked "How did u come across the word Godliness"

From the English language. How did you come across it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Pictures Some Catholic Members Can Relate To / Chrismas Event Report In Your Area / The Fastest Growing Religion In America Is Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.