Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,578 members, 7,820,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 (2837 Views)

Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy / Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by whosefault(f): 12:32pm On Dec 31, 2014
Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015

"Even though I have said it time and time again that the president should control his wife but there is something significant about Mr. President.

He is the first president without any ties to the military mafia. All his children are in schools here in Nigeria. You cannot come across a skyscraper in any corner of Nigeria and people will tell you it belongs to him; even a seven storey building.

I strongly believe that GEJ is a phenomenal change from before and if we cannot find a better, young alternative, then we must remain with him until we can groom someone better.

This is no time to go back to the military mafia and go back to our vomit"

- Prof. Wole Soyinka

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by borntosave: 12:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
Hmm
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by ShakurM(m): 12:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
Soyinka...why now cry
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by cyprus000: 12:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
Comfirm yarn from the prof

4 Likes

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by Lobolintin(m): 12:46pm On Dec 31, 2014
Nah my man
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by adioolayi(m): 12:46pm On Dec 31, 2014
Source or.....

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:47pm On Dec 31, 2014
How fraudulent can jonathan supporters get?

Where and when did the Prof. Wole Soyinka make such unpatriotic utterances?

See desperation! cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by johnmartus(m): 12:51pm On Dec 31, 2014
liar

1 Like

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by Alphaoscar: 12:54pm On Dec 31, 2014
kongi will never endorse any clueless President for second term.

3 Likes

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by nonxo007(m): 12:56pm On Dec 31, 2014
source and if true, its not from his hrt...but who cares...GEJ till further notice..dats all..

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by herald9: 1:01pm On Dec 31, 2014
I smell lies undecided

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by LogicPower(m): 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2014
GEJ supporters becoming objects of ridicule without them realizing it!

Why couldn't you provide the link to this story, if it wasn't one of the recycled old lies, half-truths, conjectures and outright criminal impersonation that you have been so relentlessly filling up this forum with?

4 Likes

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by AgentOfAllah: 1:23pm On Dec 31, 2014
whosefault:
Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015

"Even though I have said it time and time again that the president should control his wife but there is something significant about Mr. President.

He is the first president without any ties to the military mafia. All his children are in schools here in Nigeria. You cannot come across a skyscraper in any corner of Nigeria and people will tell you it belongs to him; even a seven storey building.

I strongly believe that GEJ is a phenomenal change from before and if we cannot find a better, young alternative, then we must remain with him until we can groom someone better.

This is no time to go back to the military mafia and go back to our vomit"

- Prof. Wole Soyinka

If anybody reads Wole's works and remarks, that person will know that such crass and uninspiring trash bears no remote resemblance to his manner of expression. Wole discusses ideas not people's children and where they school. That can never be a big deal to Wole because even he schooled abroad. So I struggle to see why he would stoop so low as to discuss the school choice(s) of the children of someone half his age. Also, what's that crap about finding skyscrapers? How many corrupt politicians own skyscrapers, and how does not owning a skyscraper preclude one from being corrupt?

Finally, even you, the OP, cannot possibly conceive of any existing universe where Wole would refer to GEJ as a "phenomenal change", except he was specifically referring to his lascivious flirtations with corruption, and the unbridled sense of camaraderie which he shares with other convicted felons (i.e. Depriye and Bode). That, of course is unprecedented in the history of Nigeria, and deserves the tag "phenomenal".

I understand why the endorsement of someone of Wole's class would mean so much to you, but please put your desperation on a leash and refrain from desecrating Wole's intelligence so crudely, it's actually excruciating!

Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by humpito(m): 1:35pm On Dec 31, 2014
Honestly, GEJ has failed in several areas and we need change. But Buhari is not an option,I repeat Buhari is not an option. Every intellectual knows this.

4 Likes

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by Chigold101(m): 1:54pm On Dec 31, 2014
Alphaoscar:
kongi will never endorse any clueless President for second term.
and u think Kongi will support a military despot for a first term?

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by PassingShot(m): 1:55pm On Dec 31, 2014
OP, you no try at all.

Don't you have a thoroughly educated person around you to assist in composing something similar to the Prof's?

4 Likes

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 31, 2014
remember that PDP = People Deceiving People

NgeneUkwenu:
How fraudulent can jonathan supporters get?

Where and when did the Prof. Wole Soyinka make such unpatriotic utterances?

See desperation! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by omarlee(m): 1:55pm On Dec 31, 2014
See desperation at its peak. TANoids seeking endorsement from notable Nigerians, Let your performance speak for you, if you have any!

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by PassingShot(m): 1:55pm On Dec 31, 2014
humpito:
Honestly, GEJ has failed in several areas and we need change. But Buhari is not an option,I repeat Buhari is not an option. Every intellectual knows this.

Bring your option undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by PassingShot(m): 1:59pm On Dec 31, 2014
Are you talking of this same Prof. Wole Soyinka who said?:

Only four sets of people can vote for PDP according:

(1) Those who are intellectually blind, - The unwise ones

(2) those who are blinded by ethnicity, - The bigots

(3) those who are blinded by corruption and therefore afraid of the unknown, should power change hands, - The corrupt ones

(4) those who are suffering from a combination of the above terminal sicknesses"

4 Likes

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 31, 2014
PassingShot:
Are you talking of this same Prof. Wole Soyinka who said?:

Only four sets of people can vote for PDP according:

(1) Those who are intellectually blind, - The unwise ones

(2) those who are blinded by ethnicity, - The bigots

(3) those who are blinded by corruption and therefore afraid of the unknown, should power change hands, - The corrupt ones

(4) those who are suffering from a combination of the above terminal sicknesses"
that was when apc presented ribadu as presidential candidate. soyinka detested ex-military rulers.

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by PassingShot(m): 2:09pm On Dec 31, 2014
thepathologist:

that was when apc presented ribadu as presidential candidate. soyinka detested ex-military rulers.

Buhari contested then as well. Did the professor say his comments were meant for Ribadu?

My four year old daughter would reason better than what you've written here!

1 Like

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by harrysterol(m): 2:25pm On Dec 31, 2014
The prof is making use of his brain again grin
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by AgentOfAllah: 2:50pm On Dec 31, 2014
PassingShot:

Buhari contested then as well. Did the professor say his comments were meant for Ribadu?

My four year old daughter would reason better than what you've written here!

Wole actually endorsed Ribadu live on Aljazeera.
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by egift(m): 2:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
The same folks who insulted him left, right and centre for Sheppopotemus to order are now begging for his endorsement.

GMB all the way!
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by osamaBUSH(m): 3:09pm On Dec 31, 2014
ShakurM:
Soyinka...why now cry
Abeg askam
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by armadeo(m): 3:18pm On Dec 31, 2014
herald9:

I smell lies undecided

Your statement is usually followed by a pic of a guy with a big nose. I find it funny grin grin
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by herald9: 3:24pm On Dec 31, 2014
armadeo:

Your statement is usually followed by a pic of a guy with a big nose. I find it funny grin grin

Yea...How I wish I kept such pics for times like thisgrin
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by RotrEmmanuel: 3:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
kai! make I follo prof. vote Jonathan abeg. before I make mistake

Thanks prof for given us good reason to vote Jonathan.
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
GBAM!! That would come like a cluster headache to the GMB proponents, crying for change up & down as if they are market women from whom you bought smthng

(1) (2) (Reply)

(PIC) See What Gov.fayose Did. Fayose Now Trending On Twitter / Jonathan’s Re-election: Ex-militants Vow To Cut Off Fuel Supply To North If… / Breaking News: WAEC Says It "Can't Find" Buhari's Academic Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.