Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Forex Trading - Season 15 - Business (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trading - Season 15 (600434 Views)

Banks In Competitive Forex Trading As Demand For School Fees, Others Shrink / JUICE Binary Options & Forex Trading Season 1 / Social Forex Trading-thank God I Lost USD 120 In A Few Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by infofirst(m): 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2015
Consider your accounts very carefully as rumours start flying of brokers in trouble
Already the rumours are flying around of brokers going
belly up after the SNB moves today and even those not
affected by Swiss trades need to keep close watch on
you accounts and brokers.
One has been rumoured in the comments section and
news is just hitting from Forex Magnates that IG group
is facing a £30m los s after this mornings events

Source; Forexlive
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by benpuzzy(m): 5:47pm On Jan 15, 2015
Capitals:

Feel you bro,
let rake the brokers dry. "FX IS SWEET".
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by infofirst(m): 5:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
A lot of people hurt today, including the FX analysts at
Goldman Sachs who say they are closing a short CHF/
SEK ‘top trade’ for a 16.5% loss. It was down
somewhere between 1000 and 2000 pips, depend on
the stop.
These are generally model portfolios and Goldman is
unlikely to actually hold it as position.

Lesson here....Super pro used solid MM...1000 to 2000 pips translating to 16.5% loss of acct.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by benpuzzy(m): 5:52pm On Jan 15, 2015
infofirst:
A lot of people hurt today, including the FX analysts at
Goldman Sachs who say they are closing a short CHF/
SEK ‘top trade’ for a 16.5% loss. It was down
somewhere between 1000 and 2000 pips, depend on
the stop.
These are generally model portfolios and Goldman is
unlikely to actually hold it as position.

Lesson here....Super pro used solid MM...1000 to 2000 pips translating to 16.5% loss of acct.
Forex trading is indeed a field of study.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Bennyhawk: 6:18pm On Jan 15, 2015
With this Problem,
is it advisable to fund tomorrow... Please I need your opinion because I know some brokers will be affected.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 15, 2015
Today just get as e be o. I don waka since dem don collect the the 50 pips dem give me back lipsrsealed
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by honeric01(m): 7:06pm On Jan 15, 2015
I actually benefited from the activities of today via gold, I trade just one or two pairs as secondary instruments.

Ever since Uchf put me in a hot mess around 2011 thereabouts, and I vowed not to make currency trading a priority again.

For those who lost, ndo.. its part of the trade, keep your head up.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by ykpuffy(m): 7:09pm On Jan 15, 2015
mehn.....i missed alot of trades today ooooo because i was offline, chai there is God oooo, just entered Gold sell @1262.21 Sl@1265.76 tp@ open for now
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by ykpuffy(m): 7:35pm On Jan 15, 2015
ykpuffy:
mehn.....i missed alot of trades today ooooo because i was offline, chai there is God oooo, just entered Gold sell @1262.21 Sl@1265.76 tp@ open for now

mmmmm.........see fast take out oooo cry
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by ykpuffy(m): 7:47pm On Jan 15, 2015
ykpuffy:

mmmmm.........see fast take out oooo cry

re-entered my sell again @1263.98 sl@1266.99, if taken out i'm done trading today

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 15, 2015
Shevychen2:

Great job on the demo account. Your straddle trade picked both buy and sell. You chose to cover the buy and show the sell. Lol. I still dey o. And I will always talk when you start.

FBI need u bro

can't stop laughing here when i saw d pips declaration.

dis thread poo poo poo will always happen! abi no be forex trade alert when we know again. too many self deceivers here.

but u sound like a comedian in d making.. keep d gud job. you made my day
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by ykpuffy(m): 8:29pm On Jan 15, 2015
bought Indices Dow @17274 SL@17230 TP@17800
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by ykpuffy(m): 8:35pm On Jan 15, 2015
ykpuffy:

Madam NAIJABABE, what do u think? it's me AdeyinkaBasir, e be lyk say i no fit post on dat my account ooooo so i had to sign in dis account
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by ykpuffy(m): 9:20pm On Jan 15, 2015
time to buy oil 46.65 looks like it will hold it as a support for now
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 15, 2015
ykpuffy:

Madam NAIJABABE, what do u think? it's me AdeyinkaBasir, e be lyk say i no fit post on dat my account ooooo so i had to sign in dis account

I am getting ready to buy now. Looks like a good trade

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 15, 2015
I think I will wait till tomorrow, the idea of opening a position 30 minutes before market close does not quite sit well with me o jare
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by ykpuffy(m): 9:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
naijababe:
I think I will wait till tomorrow, the idea of opening a position 30 minutes before market close does not quite sit well with me o jare

mmmm...that's true oooo, pls ma wat time does Indices close and open?
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 15, 2015
in 25 minutes
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by ykpuffy(m): 10:02pm On Jan 15, 2015
ykpuffy:

broken.......so no buy 4 now
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by ykpuffy(m): 10:02pm On Jan 15, 2015
naijababe:
in 25 minutes
what time do they open
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 15, 2015
ykpuffy:

what time do they open

It will reopen at 11pm Uk time

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Capitals: 10:18pm On Jan 15, 2015
benpuzzy:
let rake the brokers dry. "FX IS SWEET".

Moves like these rarely happen, so I doubt if any can build a career off of them, They are dangerous to your trading psych. especially if you were on the right side of things, cos one may be anticipating another move like this that may never happen till God knows when. honestly the max I got from the move was 800pts (preset tp) and I have been holding on to the sell since 9th jan. my broker disabled trade on the pair so I cant get my last trade off. After all said and done, thank God for His grace, the skill to trade successfully and the bit of luck today
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by natruetalk: 10:18pm On Jan 15, 2015
ykpuffy:

bit risk to buy in my opinion

i have closed all my BUY when i saw d move failed to move above 52.00 levels but retrace back below 50.3x zone with d next candle held below d zone with very engulfed candle. that sign not good for the buyer.

will be playing up/down as d case may be until 44.3x zone cleared for next target of 41

let c hw d day close in few minute

back to my leave

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by endfx1(m): 10:23pm On Jan 15, 2015
Mental stop loss traders should see today's event on all chf pairs as a wake up call shah.

Fxpro....suspends all chf pairs till further notice
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by drpips1(m): 11:29pm On Jan 15, 2015
infofirst:
Consider your accounts very carefully as rumours start flying of brokers in trouble
Already the rumours are flying around of brokers going
belly up after the SNB moves today and even those not
affected by Swiss trades need to keep close watch on
you accounts and brokers.
One has been rumoured in the comments section and
news is just hitting from Forex Magnates that IG group
is facing a £30m los s after this mornings events

Source; Forexlive

Depends on the Regulation,and the reputation the broker have i think

endfx1:
Mental stop loss traders should see today's event on all chf pairs as a wake up call shah.

Fxpro....suspends all chf pairs till further notice

you are right about this Email received this evening from FxPro:

Dear Client,

Due to the unprecedented market conditions seen across CHF pairs today FxPro have taken the decision to suspend trading on all CHF Pairs. Despite attempting to maintain a suitable trading environment for our clients, the conditions experienced today have made this unsustainable. For this reason we have taken this decision in order to protect the interests of all FxPro clients.

FxPro will resume pricing these pairs once market stability returns. For clients with open positions, please contact the FxPro Dealing Desk at +357-25969237 if you wish to close your open positions.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused by this trading suspension, however due to the current market circumstances we cannot offer trading on the RUB pairs at this current time.

Kind Regards,
Customer Support

this shows they don't offset all orders to liquidity pool, they are market-maker in disguise
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by fxstory(m): 3:26am On Jan 16, 2015
tom29reloaded:

Well patient is d key but when patient is too much, it leads to delay. we all know the dangers of delay. The truth is no much time for me. I'm not thinking of doing forex full time or get rich quick but rather an avenue to up my capital for offline venture. You too have great day.
the simple truth is that you are not ready to trade fx.you are still day dreaming of that lambogini and dubai hotel.your mindset is still focused on the get rich quick scheme.if there is one thing i have noticed with scalping is the high rate at which your entry pips will overshoot especially when you execute order in the market as the price is moving.at times when you enter the market in most of the shorter timeframe, you may be supprised that the pips would even overshoot to negative and if care is not taking, that would blow ones account.some platform are not just friendly with scalping.

More over, a serious minded who want to trade fx should not be using mobile phone.you just don't when to kick in to forex and when not to.you don't use savings to trade fx or money you struggled to get, it leads to day dreaming of millions.

I know fx is intoxicating especially when you are seeing users on forum talking and displaying alerts, you will feel left out right but you don't have to feel among when it is not right yet. don't be supprised that many are still trading demo.

You should relax.fx is not running.when you have funds you are willing to let go without much thinking, do the right thing.

You can't witstand the market with mobile trading especially android, you are only limiting yourself of getting full dose of the market.

You need a computer.there is no two ways about it.

So set up the right things before you start,don't strugle with fx, its not worth using funds you borrowed or struggle to get with the hope of starting a business.

Fx psychology can make one go gaga if care is not taking.

Just my 2centtttttttttttttttttttt

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Kashif(m): 7:38am On Jan 16, 2015
ugees:

No my friend..... The SNB had a 3 year floor on the CHF removed..
They have been supporting the EURCHF at the 1.20 mark for 3 years.. preventing the CHF from falling further. they gave up... and the CHF strengthened across board

*Modified*

Rather, they were preventing it from gaining.

My heart goes out to traders, especially on this forum, who may have been affected. Peace please....
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 16, 2015
@fxstory thanks.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 16, 2015
Sold Dow Jones again, I am so glad I chose not to buy last night.

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by ykpuffy(m): 8:14am On Jan 16, 2015
ykpuffy:

stopped out undecided
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by ykpuffy(m): 8:16am On Jan 16, 2015
naijababe:
Sold Dow Jones again, I am so glad I chose not to buy last night.

i bought again @ 17185 sl@17130 tp@open for now, i might consider 17440 though as my first target but if i see any form of reversal i go run comot
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 16, 2015
@thread please I will like you to recommend a good mini laptop for me something in 30 - 50k. I think i should invest in working tools first before diving in trading. Should be able to purchase it dis Q1 ending.

battery life dat can stand trading stress

cc: Rozayx5, I remember dis to be ur feed then. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (353) (Reply)

CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday / Forex Trading - Season 13 / How To Make Regular Income Offering HOT Digital Marketing Services On Fiverr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.