Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb (4760 Views)

MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) / Caleb (Non-human Fiction) By Safarigirl / Hillarious But Painful Ecounter With My Network Provider(short Fiction By Kutty) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 02, 2015
Wow am here now....shocked
Decided to join the literature section,well,am not much of a writer,but I am really hoping to get some encouragement from here,by your comments,correction and even condemnation...
Writing history:
I started writing as a teenager,I wish I knew about nairaland at that time,but I wasn't so exposed..I loved drawing and writing,I was very imaginative as a young girl then,but everything just died down as I gained admission into the University...
Now,as a youth,even though am not so grounded in the act of writing,am not good,I must say..I studied an accounting course...

Part of my new year resolution is writing a story here..I really hope you like the story embarassed
Thanks smiley

3 Likes

Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 02, 2015
PROLOGUE

March 2012
Civic Centre
Victoria Island,Lagos.

The minister continued, Chidinma Okafor"Do you take Oluwafemi Badmus to be thy wedded husband,to live together according to God's law in the estate of matrimony? Will you love him,nourish him,cherish him,honour him and protect him in all circumstances,forsaking all others and cleaving to him alone as long as you both shall live?"

There was silence in the crowd as everyone anticipated for the bride's response to get the party started;but Chidinma was oblivious to this,she was tongue tied,her heart wanted to shout to the world: Yes,I Do but the plan to make Femi pay for the bad things he had done wouldn't be accomplished and she couldn't betray Annabelle;not after what she had gone through.

A tap on her shoulder brought her out of the thoughts as she looked at the minister of God and heaved a huge sigh. She looked towards Femi with a sad face,She saw the worried look on his face but she had to go on with this for Annabelle,for the society at large,She had to.

Suddenly convincing herself,she looked at the minister and said:No,I don't.

Suddenly as expected,there was a disorganization in the hall,mumblings and chatterings. The noise in the hall was just so deafening. Chidinma looked at Femi with an apologetic face and mouthed the word "I am sorry" but the deed has been done,the shocked minister shaked his head and left immediately in awe.

Chidinma left the hall,she heard a lot of cursing but she didn't mind.

Femi thought within him,why? He disowned his father for this? Wow the old man must be having a good laugh at this. But why? The tears began to form in his eyes.He couldn't contain the pain any longer,the pain of losing the only woman whom he had ever loved in his life except for Annabelle of course.

What could he have done to Chidinma for her to leave him cold on the altar;just then his friends Jide and Bayo came to his side to comfort him;He sure needed it. He is going to be the laughing stock of the city.

He was shaking but his friends held him;Femi Badmus the big boy of Lasgidi has being defeated.But No,he won't accept this. Everywhere in the hall was so disorganized and scattered;but bearing the shame,Femi left the hall in there midst and as he left the hall hearing sounds of pity; He was getting more furious and sad..and then he stopped and stared at the woman standing at the entrance of the hall.

Could this be a dream? He hoped so,cause standing outside the hall was His Annabelle whom he thought he had lost; but there was something about her;she was smiling or was she laughing? But why would She be laughing at his disgrace and misfortune? Unless she was the mastermind behind everything that happened? But is that even possible? It couldn't be,she left Nigeria a long time ago..But why was she laughing?

Just then in his thoughts,he heard the sound of sirens blasting from a distance and Annabelle coming towards Him saying something he couldn't fathom.

Suddenly,He was dragged by two police officers towards the police van.

What has he done? He thought..He didn't even know what He did,he just had a bad wedding and now this? Where are his friends? Where was Chidinma? There was no one to save Him from this; No one...

Suddenly,he felt Alone...He was alone......

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Queening(f): 9:47am On Jan 02, 2015
Wow i luv d way u write . When should i expect another update? BTW corrections nd condemnations will come later grin happy new year

1 Like

Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 02, 2015
Queening:
Wow i luv d way u write . When should i expect another update? BTW corrections nd condemnations will come later grin happy new year
cheesy thanks a lot,your comment meant so much to me...I would really be expecting the corrections..embarassed cause I know am not good at all...this is just a trial...smiley
Thanks for the encouragement,am highly honored...the next update will be coming next week sad still trying to put the story together,thanks for reading and happy new year to you too..
Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by stuff46(m): 12:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
This is good buh ....
I will comment after the next update

1 Like

Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 02, 2015
wow i thought u said you are not good...
love your intro keep it up its going to be a great story

1 Like

Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 02, 2015
stuff46:
This is good buh ....
I will comment after the next update

thanks for commenting,it meant a lot...I will start chapter one next week...happy new year
Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 02, 2015
prettydiva89:
wow i thought u said you are not good...
love your intro keep it up its going to be a great story
thanks for the encouragement,I needed it...yes its a nice story,I hope you will love it...Happy new year

1 Like

Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 02, 2015
tollyB:
thanks for the encouragement,I needed it...yes its a nice story,I hope you will love it...Happy new year
same here
Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by vonn(f): 12:18am On Jan 03, 2015
Wow!!!!!
Just read the first few lines.....couldn't help but 'follow' and 'comment'

You're good.
Keep it up.
I pray not to get disappointed.
(I don't like tragic endings ooo)

1 Like

Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 1:16am On Jan 03, 2015
Op: am following, don't worry! Correction will come later after you next update! You gat me sticked with my phone, tho i gat my own update, but like to read this your cool work!

1 Like

Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 6:29am On Jan 03, 2015
vonn:
Wow!!!!!
Just read the first few lines.....couldn't help but 'follow' and 'comment'

You're good.
Keep it up.
I pray not to get disappointed.
(I don't like tragic endings ooo)
thanks for the comment,I really appreciate it...I will start the full story next week...am encouraged...happy new year
Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 6:31am On Jan 03, 2015
Shaxee:
Op: am following, don't worry! Correction will come later after you next update! You gat me sticked with my phone, tho i gat my own update, but like to read this your cool work!
thanks,so happy to see your comment...I will start chapter one next week...happy new year smiley
Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 03, 2015
tollyB:
thanks,so happy to see your comment...I will start chapter one next week...happy new year smiley
that will be nice

1 Like

Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by bibie01(f): 10:24am On Jan 03, 2015
Wow! Nice intro, its gonna be a nice story. I'm following.

1 Like

Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 03, 2015
bibie01:
i was here too, not only you, lols!

1 Like

Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 03, 2015
bibie01:
thanks for the comment dear...happy newe year
Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 03, 2015
tollyB:
thanks for the comment dear...happy newe year
am wishing you the same
Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 09, 2015
This is so nice, and she said she isn't good o smiley

keep it up dear. Im Definitely following.

Shikina. grin

1 Like

Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 09, 2015
missberrypop5:
I never knew you read stories o shocked
I have a story smiley
Ayamlaykorn
Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 09, 2015
laykorn:

I have a story smiley
Ayamlaykorn
of course i read stories, where is yours dearie?
Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 09, 2015
missberrypop5:
This is so nice, and she said she isn't good o smiley

keep it up dear. Im Definitely following.

Shikina. grin
lol grin thank you sweety....*blushing*

1 Like

Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 09, 2015
laykorn:

I have a story smiley
Ayamlaykorn
lol where is your story?
Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by teewai3(m): 1:34pm On Jan 09, 2015
wow!! good begining, nice one OP, following....
Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 09, 2015
teewai3:
wow!! good begining, nice one OP, following....
thanks dear.....more updates coming soon wink
Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Flakeey(f): 2:28pm On Jan 09, 2015
*lookingformymat*
Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
Flakeey:
*lookingformymat*
lol ur mat is here ma..smiley
Thanks for reading
Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 09, 2015
CHAPTER ONE
OLUFEMI BADMUS

March,2007
Olufemi Badmus is the only child of his parents,Mr and Mrs Badmus. His mother died ten years ago.
Mrs Badmus gave birth to Femi twenty four years ago after being married to her husband for five years without an issue. Femi came into there life as a miracle.
Prior to the death of His mother,they lived from hand to mouth. A year after mourning her death,Mr Badmus landed a top job and was well known all over the country..
Femi gained admission into the University of first choice(UNILAG) four years ago,making him to be in his final year studying mass communication. He was formerly a student at Convenant University,Ota. Before he was expelled for gross misconduct. His father,Mr Badmus had to use His influence to source admission for Him into UNILAG.
If Femi were asked his hobbies,he would probably say,smoking,drinking,partying and womanizing.
Femi stormed the University in his latest ride,a bentley. He knew he was late for class but he didn't mind,he knew he was very popular among the lecturers so no panicking.He packed his ride in an official space set aside for Him,and walked to his department.
He knew he got attentions from ladies but he didn't mind,one babe has caught his attention already,and he would have her when the time comes. He smiled to Himself and his dimples were obvious.
Femi is a very goodlooking guy and he has almost dated all the babes on campus,if not all,he was usually tagged as the most handsome in his school and he didn't mind.
Femi strolled into the class and sat down at the back seat,that had been kept for him by His friends,Jide and Bayo.
You are beginning to form a habit of coming late to class,Jide inquired.well,am in my final year now,so I don't see the big deal in that.Femi shrugged..Just then Mr Banjoko,the lecturer in class pointed to the back and asked Femi to stand up.
Stand up,stupid boy,you came late to my class or you think I didn't see you? You think am blind? Mr Banjoko asked angrily.sorry sir,Femi muttered as he stood up.what are you saying?He asked again. Femi knew the only thing that can calm this man down was to maintain a silence.You can't talk? He asked again. Keep standing and meet me after class. That done,he continued with His class. Femi knew what he needed was money,thank God he brought the fifty thousand naira with him,he would just put it in his hands..he smiled..
After the lecture,Femi went out with the lecturer.Jide helped him to carry his bag and stepped out with Bayo,as they were through for the day.this is there first week of resumption in there final year and school wasn't so settled yet,as the 100level students were still doing there registration.
Bayo and Jide were discussing about the 100level babes they have seen when Femi came back to join them..they knew he must have settled the man.
What are you guys talking about quietly sef? He asked.Its nothing, just babes, jide replied..hmmmm,speaking about babes,I dey carry one babe go house today sef,make I call am,make she come meet me for here..Femi took his phone to dial Linda's number. On the first ring,She picked up,how far na,where you dey? Femi asked..Am in class dear,she replied.
Come outside to that spot where my car is packed,I ll be waiting for you,ok? Femi asked. Ok,she responded. He hung up,smiled at his friends and said Jackpot.
Bayo and Jide just looked at him and shrugged..we should be on our way,or will you drop us at home? Bayo asked. No time to check time,you guys can go on,I will meet you later..Femi said to send them away..ok bye,they said in unison.
Five minutes later,Linda joined Him and being a gentleman,he opened the passenger seat for her to seat down,she was all smiles..barring all warnings by her friends about Femi.She was going to enjoy herself..she has had a crush on Him since 100level and if he was just noticing her now,its all good.
Femi smiled at her,and she felt the world melting..she relaxed her back on the seat and smiled back at him..He was taking her to meet his father. She couldn't wait.
Mr Badmus welcomed Linda after there arrival,and she was made to feel at home.She knew Femi's mom has passed away and was astonished at how good looking his father was,probably got his goodlooks from both his parents,she thought. She was happy to be in his house finally,but why was Mr Badmus home by this time,she thought..He brought her a wine,which she accepts reluctantly.
Two hours later,in Femi's bedroom,as they both get dressed.Femi plans to drop Linda in school and go meet his friends at his rented apartment. After she finished dressing,she couldn't wait to leave his apartment,it was as if she had never had any feelings for him..Femi wasn't bothered about it as he felt the same way too.
Bye dad,Femi muttered as he left the house with Linda..
Femi got back to his apartment a couple of hours later and found his friends reading.. He remebered just how he met them back then in 200level in one of the lecture halls and decided to join them,and that was how there friendship began...
You are back,Jide said..so how the babe parol go? Bayo asked. Femi just shrugged and left them to continue reading,he didn't have time to start explaining how badly it all went..they understood it was just as the rest of his dates and left him to rest..they wondered why his dates lasted nothing longer than a week though..
There was a knock on there door,and they wondered who it could be..Bayo stood up to open the door and was stunned..Standing before him was the most beautiful angel he had ever seen,but who has she come to look for?
Jide joined him at the door too,and was also speechless...
The babe broke the deadlock. Well,is this Femi's apartment?she asked. ErrrrrRrmmm,yes,it is,bayo replied..so what's your name?so we can tell him you came. Jide asked.
Well,my name is Annabelle.

1 Like

Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Mzbolar(f): 12:37pm On Jan 10, 2015
Whaoooo....

I gat 2 follow dis 1 faaaaa
Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 11, 2015
Chapter one has been updated am so sorry for the late update.
Have been occupied with a lot of stuffs....I ll try to be more prompt...
Am still waiting for your corrections and thanks for following smiley
Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 11, 2015
Mzbolar:
Whaoooo....

I gat 2 follow dis 1 faaaaa
welcome sweetie...thanks
Re: The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 11, 2015
ur updates took so long jareh but we wont vex hope it wont happen again

(1) (2) (Reply)

FULL MOON / HELP!! How Can I Get Paid On Kdp? / How Do I Get My Article Published In A Nigerian Newspaper????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.