Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,369 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? (17692 Views)

Do You Actually Believe In The Existence Of Witches And Wizards? / The Issue Of Witches/wizards/and Emere That You Did Not Know About / Why Do Sinners Immediately Go To Hell, But Satan And Demons Are Not There Yet ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by congoshine(m): 4:38pm On Dec 14, 2008
The fact remains that there exists a spiritual world parallel to our physical world.

Atheists seek medical/psychological solutions to their own 'attacks' while religious people attack the spiritual causes. One thing I am very sure about however is that drug use(cocaine,heroin etc) is associated with demonic influences.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by olanajim(m): 5:09pm On Dec 14, 2008
@poster,
Pls pardon me. Why is it that everywhere you go, there would be a case of demon, alijanu? Just curious.

I have been around for years and had not hear of a demon except in my text books.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Bell32(m): 5:34pm On Dec 14, 2008
well, i dont believe in those shit.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by TFire2: 5:36pm On Dec 14, 2008
This is a very sensitive issue that needs a close attention.We should not be fooled of the non existence of Wicthes and Wizzards because they do exist in whichever perspective you may want to look at it.I live in the western world as well and i must say that the westerners have as much spiritual attacks like people in the third world countries.The only difference being that,they choose not to tackle them spiritually like we do.The westerners have always been under an erroneous impression that most anormalies in human behaviour could be attributed to some form of medical disorder therefore,demands a medical attention and that explains why we see alot of social miscreants looming the streets in the name of one addiction or the other. However,like what one of the respondents said,its a thing of the mind which means that what you do not concentrate your attention on,can hardly harm you.
Again,this does not underscore the existence of these forces and i will want to use this medium to opine that PRAYER IS THE KEY if we really want to be immuned to whatever force that be.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2008
Hmmmm, I would not have believed this if it were not coming from my fellow Afrikan brothers/sisters.

Like it or not Believe it or not, there are other realms of existence just as there is a reality that we see and feel as humans.

Unless you wish to say that since the dayz of Adam and Eve (Worm shit for the Atheists) we have been smoking weed and doping crack/coca so much we see evil spirits and they affect us physically by possessing us.

These things are real, witches, spirit beings, demons or life forms from another dimension, they are real because i have personally seen them in action and i don't mean in the invisible, in the days of Bar Beach, you will shit-in-your pants watching a prayer session where a demon possessed person is under deliverance. i mean they vomit real turtles, lizards and small snakes LIVE!!! you mean to tell me that these people swallow these things for days without digesting them? shocked o everyone else watching was so doped up on weed that we all saw the same thing?
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by zheroes(m): 6:15pm On Dec 14, 2008
this is funny but not funny!
saying witches and wizards dont exist is like saying the devil is inexistent.

i 've had personal experiences with them when i was much younger may be because my grandmum was involved then and i lived with her for 2 years, i havnt visited my village for more than 25 years now, from experience if you are far from them or anyone associated with them , you may have little or no experiences with them, but saying they dont exist is laughable.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by zheroes(m): 6:17pm On Dec 14, 2008
saying witches and wizards dont exist is like saying the devil is inexistent.

i 've had personal experiences with them when i was much younger may be because my grandmum was involved then and i lived with her for 2 years, i havnt visited my village for more than 25 years now, from experience if you are far from them or anyone associated with them , you may have little or no experiences with them, but saying they dont exist is laughable.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:24pm On Dec 14, 2008
All this many talk and no action, do you people realise that there used to be a challenge on a website that will give one million dollars to whoever proves that witchcraft exists. You guys could be millionaires just by proving they exist go with your cameras and show us these things.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by congoshine(m): 7:19pm On Dec 14, 2008
Can you see oxygen? Whats d proof you're actually taking in oxygen?
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by mazaje(m): 7:24pm On Dec 14, 2008
The question should be why do muslim witches and demons attack only muslims and respond to only muslim prayers and incantations while christain demons attack only christains and also respond to christain prayers only. . . there are so many vidoes of hindu and vodoo witches and evil spirits respondng to hindu and vodoo prayers and incantations on the web site of national georgraphic. . . . .

lagerwhenindoubt:

Hmmmm, I would not have believed this if it were not coming from my fellow Afrikan brothers/sisters.

Like it or not Believe it or not, there are other realms of existence just as there is a reality that we see and feel as humans.

Unless you wish to say that since the dayz of Adam and Eve (Worm shit for the Atheists) we have been smoking weed and doping crack/coca so much we see evil spirits and they affect us physically by possessing us.

These things are real, witches, spirit beings, demons or life forms from another dimension, they are real because i have personally seen them in action and i don't mean in the invisible, in the days of Bar Beach, you will shit-in-your pants watching a prayer session where a demon possessed person is under deliverance. i mean they vomit real turtles, lizards and small snakes LIVE!!! you mean to tell me that these people swallow these things for days without digesting them? shocked o everyone else watching was so doped up on weed that we all saw the same thing?

This is not true. . . if it were true it would be reported in the news. . . people will travel from all over the world to come and witness it. . . its completely not true. why is it that people like you who always claim to have experienced such events never have anything but words of mouth as evidence? you never have pictures, videos or any form of real evidence to prove it. anybody that vomits lizards and turtles will be protected by the nigerian government because such a person will bring a lot of tourist and cash into nigerian.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by mazaje(m): 7:25pm On Dec 14, 2008
congoshine:

This is an unintelligent question. . . . . .
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:37pm On Dec 14, 2008
Lol congoshine did you really just ask that?
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 14, 2008
Witches don't exist abeg.
They are all myths propagated by our ancestors.
"Witches exist" yet people still queue at embassies waiting for visas. Y can't they just dissappear and land in "Manhattan", bullshit.
"Witches/Money rituals exist" yet the central bank has never mentioned that currencies not printed by the Nigerian printing and minting company have appeared. Totally defies the bullshit of people using peoples' heads to spit money.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 14, 2008
congoshine:

There is one way to find out. Hold a pillow over your nose for 30 minutes. If you live to talk about it, then we have all been deceived as there is nothing like oxygen. . . .
Jeez, i hope you're not a college graduate.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by duduspace(m): 7:43pm On Dec 14, 2008
Pastor AIO  link=topic=207243.msg3223509#msg3223509 date=1229279149:

Why don't Aljanu and various djinns possess christians.  Why don't satanic demons possess buddhists?  Why doesn't Sango possess moslems, only arabic sounding spirit?  I think if we can answer these then we'll have made great strides to answering the main question.

It is all schizophrenia and waning mental health my brother, I analyzed this phenomenon with a sister of mine who is a psychiatrist and we came to the conclusion that delusional people usually associate with myths and beliefs that are prevalent in their immediate environment. The equivalent of this in developed countries are those who claim to have been abducted by aliens or seen flying saucers and all that stuff.

Some of all those people who confessed to being witches and wizards eating human flesh are simply mentally challenged/disturbed people, it is only unfortunate that instead of helping them with medication and social help as is done in developed countries, we end up lynching and burning them hence one of the reasons for our backwardness and lack of development as some of these people could have given birth to geniuses who could have pioneered discoveries and psychiatrists will tell you that there is a thin line between being a genius and being insane.

The brain is a very complex organ and is still largely not well understood and mysterious, don't blame our people back home for believing in this things as people need something to find succor in with all the negativity that surrounds them. It is in human nature to reach out for something larger than you in times of trouble and distress.

The only problem I have with our society is the fact that we seem to believe that everyone must think and act the same way and leave no room for deviance.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by bawomolo(m): 7:44pm On Dec 14, 2008

there no proof at all.  just do the whole world a favor and tie a polyester bag around your head.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by bawomolo(m): 7:47pm On Dec 14, 2008
A-town:

"Witches exist" yet people still queue at embassies waiting for visas. Y can't they just dissappear and land in "Manhattan", bullshit.
"Witches/Money rituals exist" yet the central bank has never mentioned that currencies not printed by the Nigerian printing and minting company have appeared. Totally defies the bullshit of people using peoples' heads to spit money.

oga you no sabi sey juju no dey work overseas.  Sango doesn't operate well during the European winter  grin
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 14, 2008
bawomolo:

oga you no sabi sey juju no dey work overseas. Sango doesn't operate well during the European winter grin

Do you need assistance with using quotes?

Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by congoshine(m): 7:58pm On Dec 14, 2008
hey,relax guys,the point I'm trying to make is that we all believe in this oxygen theory becos we were exposed to the principles.

Now suppose someone told you there was no such thing as Oxygen becos there couldn't 'see' it ,does that eliminate the fact that it exists?

The spiritual world is real and different religions have their own descriptions of these things.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by bawomolo(m): 8:04pm On Dec 14, 2008
A-town:

Do you need assistance with using quotes?

oops my apologies
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by bawomolo(m): 8:05pm On Dec 14, 2008
congoshine:

hey,relax guys,the point I'm trying to make is that we all believe in this oxygen theory because we were exposed to the principles.

Now suppose someone told you there was no such thing as Oxygen because there couldn't 'see' it ,does that eliminate the fact that it exists?

The spiritual world is real and different religions have their own descriptions of these things.

sight isn't the only form of sense. how exactly is the spiritual world real? someone told you so?
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 14, 2008
congoshine:

hey,relax guys,the point I'm trying to make is that we all believe in this oxygen theory because we were exposed to the principles.

Now suppose someone told you there was no such thing as Oxygen because there couldn't 'see' it ,does that eliminate the fact that it exists?

i sort of understand what you mean but you're still kinda wrong though.

I agree there may be no such thing as the word "Oxygen" but we have to agree that there is a colorless, odorless gas that we breathe in.
You may choose to call it whatever but we know it exists since it has been proven.
There is a huge difference between proven scientific data and myths.

By the way, magic exists. Yes, because its just a bunch of tricks that have not been explained to the audience.
I will help strenghten your point by using this analogy. .  . . .

An illiterate who has never seen civilization would expect the concept of cellphones/videophone to be witchcraft since it would be difficult for him/her to grasp how someone could be talking to/seeing someone over 2000 miles away.
Nigerian withcraft on the other hand is just based on story telling.
For example, the issue of witches dissappearing or turning into birds is total bullshit. Until you can explain how "matter can be destroyed" as evidenced in disappearing or changing into a small object and back to a bigger object, i say withcraft in naija is a myth. Full stop.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by damola1: 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2008
I have lived in Nigeria for over 20years, and really so many stories.

BUT:

saying witches and wizards don't exist is like saying the devil is inexistent.

i 've had personal experiences with them when i was much younger may be because my grandmum was involved then and i lived with her for 2 years, i havnt visited my village for more than 25 years now, from experience if you are far from them or anyone associated with them , you may have little or no experiences with them, but saying they don't exist is laughable.

You are the first person who I know that will say he has had experiences with winch, Please elaborate on your experiences, if you don't mind.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by duduspace(m): 8:12pm On Dec 14, 2008
bawomolo:

oga you no sabi sey juju no dey work overseas.  Sango doesn't operate well during the European winter  grin
A-town:

Yes o, but I heard from a friend who heard from someone who must have heard from another someone that someone  stole an oyibo man's prick in the past but it wasn't useful because na forex d tin dey comot (obviously that was before the Naira lost value to the present levels).

Can yu imagine, even juju understands the country where someone comes from and is obeying something akin to laws of science. grin

May the good lord help us all with all this fabu.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 14, 2008
damola1:

I have lived in Nigeria for over 20years, and really so many stories.

BUT:

saying witches and wizards don't exist is like saying the devil is inexistent.

i 've had personal experiences with them when i was much younger may be because my grandmum was involved then and i lived with her for 2 years, i havnt visited my village for more than 25 years now, from experience if you are far from them or anyone associated with them , you may have little or no experiences with them, but saying they don't exist is laughable.

You are the first person who I know that will say he has had experiences with winch, Please elaborate on your experiences, if you don't mind.

Until you can give an accurate detail of your experience with witches in naija that is verifiable, i say withcraft in naija is a myth.
Times have changed. You can't expect people to just believe stuff anymore. We need proof.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by zheroes(m): 8:15pm On Dec 14, 2008
please if you dont believe in the bible, and that jesus existed please ignore this:

read luke chapter 8 verses 27-34.
"And when he was come forth upon the land, there met him a certain man out of the city, who had demons; and for a long time he had worn no clothes, and abode not in any house, but in the tombs
And when he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the Most High God? I beseech thee, torment me not.
For he was commanding the unclean spirit to come out from the man. For oftentimes it had seized him: and he was kept under guard, and bound with chains and fetters; and breaking the bands asunder, he was driven of the demon into the deserts.
And Jesus asked him, What is thy name? And he said, Legion; for many demons were entered into him.
And they entreated him that he would not command them to depart into the abyss
Now there was there a herd of many swine feeding on the mountain: and they entreated him that he would give them leave to enter into them. And he gave them leave
And the demons came out from the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd rushed down the steep into the lake, and were drowned.
And when they that fed them saw what had come to pass, they fled, and told it in the city and in the country."

do we need further proof?
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 14, 2008
duduspace:

Yes o, but I heard from a friend who heard from someone who must have heard from another someone that someone stole an oyibo man's prick in the past but it wasn't useful because na forex d tin dey comot (obviously that was before the Naira lost value to the present levels).

Can yu imagine, even juju understands the country where someone comes from and is obeying something akin to laws of science. grin

May the good lord help us all with all this fabu.

Lol.
I remember way back then. Everyone used to cover their privates when walking downtown lagos. Chei naija. People believe anything.
Then came the gsm phone calls. . . . . List is endless
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Abiodun92(m): 8:22pm On Dec 14, 2008
I live in Finland, i was born here, and i have lived among these people for all my life. Finland is an European high-tech country(Nokia), and most of the people are Lutheran christians(83%). Finnish people who label themselves as christians, are mostly non-believers, even if they take part in the church events. They are mostly atheists, and some of them openly say that God is dead. Why don't they suffer any attacks from evil spirits, or Demons? THEY DO SUFFER, BUT THEY DON'T SEE IT! Many people here in finland have some sort of a Depression. They don't really know why they are so depressed and want to kill themselves, so they try to shake off the depression by taking drugs(Anti-Depressants, Amphetamine, Alcohol etc.) Taking those drugs will only make them addicted to em', and in that way they are exposed to even more of a different mental illnesses, like Schizophrenia. Then some people may find themselves living rest of their lives in a mental hospital.

Atheists do suffer too, i've seen it happening. So it's not only Christians or Moslems who suffer from Demonic influences.  tongue
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by zheroes(m): 8:30pm On Dec 14, 2008
why is evryone signing out?
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by congoshine(m): 8:32pm On Dec 14, 2008
bawomolo:

sight isn't the only form of sense.  how exactly is the spiritual world real? someone told you so?
That's precisely how an illiterate would ask about oxygen.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by abhosts(m): 8:34pm On Dec 14, 2008
Some responses this thread has received reminds me of a true life story that occurred somewhere in western Nigeria.

A well “educated” man was in a land dispute with some of his kinsmen. He shrugged all threats he received aside and decided to build a house on the disputed land. One day, he arrived at his piece of land to discover a fetish looking object on the land. Since he did not believe in stuff like that, he simply kicked the Juju out of his land and carried on with his business.

A few days later, the same leg that kicked the Juju started swelling mysteriously. He now sought the attention of medical doctors that he had so much faith in, but the best of western medicine could not proffer a solution to his strange infirmity that eventually led to his untimely demise.

So to all those that think that what you don’t believe in cannot harm you; continue to bask in naivety.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by busybein: 8:38pm On Dec 14, 2008
@topic

how can witches,wizards,and demons attack their own people?its not possible

theyd prefer attacking Gods own people to also drag them into their kingdoms

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi / Reno Omokri's Opinion On Christians Sowing Seeds / Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.