Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,628 members, 7,844,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? (17714 Views)

Do You Actually Believe In The Existence Of Witches And Wizards? / The Issue Of Witches/wizards/and Emere That You Did Not Know About / Why Do Sinners Immediately Go To Hell, But Satan And Demons Are Not There Yet ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by wycleaftic: 11:59pm On Dec 14, 2008
u guys are more than being funny. Some of you are talking as if u are already a witch or wizard. Na only God know who be human being for una ohhhh. cos i wonder what brought about the evil spirits , witches and wizards of all subjects ohh. lol.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by maxani: 12:00am On Dec 15, 2008
well,, to those who say "what you don't believe in can't hurt you", ask the guy down the road who's living with HIV simply because he felt it was an "American Invention to DIscorage Sex- A.I.D.S."!! Of course what you don't believe in or see CAN KILL you. You don't exactly see radiations or radioactive emmisions, do you? Take a trip to HIROSHIMA in Japan and ask around! I understand how you feel about these whole thing. It really spooks you for a while when you've seen it raw!!. But the fact is that there are laws, principles and forces that govern this solar system. We've discovered a few with which we drive cars, fly planes and make cell phones but there are billions of other stuff we are yet to discovere. I quite appeciate your desire to know and your honesty, It's an indication that you will soon find the answers to the mysteries of our existence.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by spoilt(f): 12:08am On Dec 15, 2008
Nigerians are very sensitive to demons. Every thing is blamed on the devil and demonic attacks and the blood will be pled. Oh will they will plead the blood instantly. Sheez!! It has started irritating the heck out of me. I went to church today and a lot of things the guest pastor was narrating just had me wondering. 
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by tpia: 12:21am On Dec 15, 2008
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Ndipe(m): 12:27am On Dec 15, 2008
Abiodun92:

I live in Finland, i was born here, and i have lived among these people for all my life. Finland is an European high-tech country(Nokia), and most of the people are Lutheran christians(83%). Finnish people who label themselves as christians, are mostly non-believers, even if they take part in the church events. They are mostly atheists, and some of them openly say that God is dead. Why don't they suffer any attacks from evil spirits, or Demons? THEY DO SUFFER, BUT THEY DON'T SEE IT! Many people here in finland have some sort of a Depression. They don't really know why they are so depressed and want to kill themselves, so they try to shake off the depression by taking drugs(Anti-Depressants, Amphetamine, Alcohol etc.) Taking those drugs will only make them addicted to em', and in that way they are exposed to even more of a different mental illnesses, like Schizophrenia. Then some people may find themselves living rest of their lives in a mental hospital.

Atheists do suffer too, i've seen it happening. So it's not only Christians or Moslems who suffer from Demonic influences.  tongue

Gbam!
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Ndipe(m): 12:32am On Dec 15, 2008
A-town:

[b]This doesn't prove anything
He probaly had P.A.D or a clot in his veins after kicking the object.[/b]Medical doctors don't know everything. They eliminate options one by one till they figure out what your problem is.
The fact that medical doctors didn't know what his problem was does not indicate it was spiritual.

The internet has made life easier and a lot of people should utilize it.
Back in the days, people referred to anyone that had a hernia as being under a spell. Same thing goes for elephantiasis.

And why would he have a P.A.D or a clot in his veins soon after kicking the object? It's too much of a coincidence that he developed an ailment shortly afterwards.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 15, 2008
Why would demons "attack" people that are already on their side?
The devil is pretty smart too.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Ndipe(m): 1:03am On Dec 15, 2008
davidylan:

Why would demons "attack" people that are already on their side?
The devil is pretty smart too.

They do, by 'convincing' them to be atheists.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by tpia: 1:11am On Dec 15, 2008
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Ndipe(m): 3:07am On Dec 15, 2008
tpia:

Deep Vein Thrombosis Causes

Three factors may lead to formation of a clot inside a blood vessel.

Damage to the inside of a blood vessel due to trauma or other conditions

Changes in normal blood flow, including unusual turbulence, or partial or complete blockage of blood flow

Hypercoagulability, a rare state in which the blood is more likely than usual to clot

Any component that contributes to one or more of these three criteria can cause deep vein thrombosis. The more common risk factors are as follows:

Prolonged sitting, such as during a long plane or car ride

Prolonged bed rest or immobility, such as after injury or during illness (stroke)

Recent surgery, particularly orthopedic, gynecologic, or heart surgery

Recent trauma to the lower body, such as fractures of the bones of the hip, thigh, or lower leg

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/blood_clot_in_the_legs/page2_em.htm

My people, the Ibibios say, "Nsu anem ke ikomakara". which means "Lies are easily glossed over in English Language. I still ask you this, why didnt this symptom manifest itself prior to the fellow kicking the juju pot?
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by tpia: 4:31am On Dec 15, 2008
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by RichyBlacK(m): 5:53am On Dec 15, 2008
No human being can control the supernatural!

Juju claims and claims of witchcraft that violate or go against the laws of nature are false!
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by duduspace(m): 6:25am On Dec 15, 2008
Ndipe:

My people, the Ibibios say, "Nsu anem ke ikomakara". which means "Lies are easily glossed over in English Language. I still ask you this, why didnt this symptom manifest itself prior to the fellow kicking the juju pot?

In short, you are using the "If a witch cried yesterday and a child dies today, the crying witch must have killed the child" principle abi? yu are forgetting that:

1. The child could have died from natural causes
2. The child could have commited suicide
3. Someone who knows that every one would accuse the witch could have used that window of opportunity to kill the child.
4. The witch could actually have been crying while trying to save the child

Why must the only possible reason for the child's death be the crying witch? things are not usually what they appear to be initially.

Can yu answer these questions?

1. Do you have the man's previous medical history?
2. Do you know what else he did prior to kickin the juju pot or after he kicked it?
3. Are you even sure the story is true afterall we hear a lot of these urban myths or is it rural myth in this instance?
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by dayokanu(m): 6:44am On Dec 15, 2008
Have you thot of it that its the poor village people that have witchcraft attack.

Hardly do you see witches in Victoria Island and Ikoyi but you have them plenty at Agege and Alakuko.

When you are poverty stricken thats when your mind would start playing tricks on you.

Why is it that witches and wizards are mainly in the villages and the Hinterland?

Is it that they dont have TRANSPORT MONEY to come to the cities? tongue tongue tongue

Anyone that witnessed an Attack was probably in the rural area or in the abode of the poor.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:05am On Dec 15, 2008
maxani:

well,,  to those who say "what you don't believe in can't hurt you", ask the guy down the road who's living with HIV simply because he felt it was an "American Invention to DIscorage Sex- A.I.D.S."!! Of course what you don't believe in or see CAN KILL you. You don't exactly see radiations or radioactive emmisions, do you? Take a trip to HIROSHIMA in Japan and ask around! I understand how you feel about these whole thing. It really spooks you for a while when you've seen it raw!!. But the fact is that there are laws, principles and forces that govern this solar system. We've discovered a few with which we drive cars, fly planes and make cell phones but there are billions of other stuff we are yet to discovere. I quite appeciate your desire to know and your honesty, It's an indication that you will soon find the answers to the mysteries of our existence.

Yes, we've only discovered some of the laws that govern our universe, however, it is inconceivable that the principles yet unknown to us will violate or go against what we already know. Einsteinian physics (newer) did not violate Newtonian (older) laws of physics but put them in a much broader framework!

Some Nigerians believe that some people can kill a person, put the corpse in a coffin, utter some incantations, and after a few days the corpse will turn to crisp currency notes! How can any rational person believe this kind of baloney? How can any thinking mortal think this can possibly be true?

1. How does the juju track the type of currency notes (pound, dollar, naira, etc.) and the denomination (20's, 100's, 500's, etc.)? Does it have a database made of cowries and human teeth to track currencies and their denominations?
2. Can the corpse-to-currency juju distinguish between denominations for restricted use (gold certificates, inter-bank transfers etc.) and those for general circulation?
3. How about those that are currently in circulation and those no more in circulation?
4. Can the juju distinguish those denominations minted as coins from those printed as notes? For example, the £2 coin exists but not the £2 note; and the £5 coin does not exist but the £5 note exists.
5. What about those denominations that exist but are rare? Does the juju factor this in? Will the coffin be opened and filled with $2 bills? ($2 bills actually exist!)
6. How about the serial numbers? How would the juju ensure that the numbers are not duplicates of existing serial numbers? Can it determine the last serial number of a given currency/denomination?
7. Even if it produces currencies with "fresh" (never-used) numbers, how would it prevent the printing and minting authorities from using the serial numbers it (the juju) has already used? This is necessary to prevent duplicate serial numbers.

This is but one example of the myriad nonsense that some of my fellow Nigerians believe to be true! Amazing!

It really baffles me that people believe so much hogwash without asking questions! I'm beginning to think that our backwardness in Nigeria may have a lot to do with a resistance or inability to think carefully about our environment, and ask questions about our past, present and future!
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Lady2(f): 7:13am On Dec 15, 2008
For those who say christian witches, muslim witches, hindu witches. Did it ever occur that these are the same spirits that are called different things in different places?
Maybe there aren't christian witches, muslim witches, and all. Maybe there are just evil spirits and different languages with different names for them?

@topic

How would an atheist know that they are being attacked, if they don't believe it is real?
The best way for evil to creep in is to make you believe it doesn't exist.
So if you just say "oh it's not real" well you won't know it's there
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by hubreality(m): 7:19am On Dec 15, 2008
The atheist or whoever in question should not be the focus. What is your mindset? As a believer in Christ Jesus, you've the mind of Christ. This means you're incharge over all principalities and powers. Never allow or accept fear of demons and minor spirits of the devil enter you, consider it not rather consider the greater one who lives and abides in you. The greatest weapon of the devil is "fear" When any form of thoughts of fear shows up, don't shake or ponder over them. Fear not! Just remember and meditate on God's word that you're never alone and rejoice just for that. Those thoughts of fear will simply give way and satan cannot enter to afflict you. Glory to Jesus. Hallelujah!
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:24am On Dec 15, 2008
A-town:

Witches don't exist abeg.
They are all myths propagated by our ancestors.
"Witches exist" yet people still queue at embassies waiting for visas. Y can't they just dissappear and land in "Manhattan", bullshit.
"Witches/Money rituals exist" yet the central bank has never mentioned that currencies not printed by the Nigerian printing and minting company have appeared. Totally defies the bullshit of people using peoples' heads to spit money.

Correct yarn right thurr!
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:31am On Dec 15, 2008
duduspace:
It is all schizophrenia and waning mental health my brother, I analyzed this phenomenon with a sister of mine who is a psychiatrist and we came to the conclusion that delusional people usually associate with myths and beliefs that are prevalent in their immediate environment. The equivalent of this in developed countries are those who claim to have been abducted by aliens or seen flying saucers and all that stuff.

[b]Some of all those people who confessed to being witches and wizards eating human flesh are simply mentally challenged/disturbed people, it is only unfortunate that instead of helping them with medication and social help as is done in developed countries, we end up lynching and burning them hence one of the reasons for our backwardness and lack of development [/b]as some of these people could have given birth to geniuses who could have pioneered discoveries and psychiatrists will tell you that there is a thin line between being a genius and being insane.

The brain is a very complex organ and is still largely not well understood and mysterious, don't blame our people back home for believing in this things as people need something to find succor in with all the negativity that surrounds them. It is in human nature to reach out for something larger than you in times of trouble and distress.

The only problem I have with our society is the fact that we seem to believe that everyone must think and act the same way and leave no room for deviance.

Thank you! With posts like these, I believe there is hope for Nigeria.

We need to educate the next generation of Nigerians (our children) of the dangers of believing in fairy-tales.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:37am On Dec 15, 2008
A-town:

i sort of understand what you mean but you're still kind of wrong though.

I agree there may be no such thing as the word "Oxygen" but we have to agree that there is a colorless, odorless gas that we breathe in.
You may choose to call it whatever but we know it exists since it has been proven.
There is a huge difference between proven scientific data and myths.

By the way, magic exists. Yes, because its just a bunch of tricks that have not been explained to the audience.
I will help strenghten your point by using this analogy. .  . . .

An illiterate who has never seen civilization would expect the concept of cellphones/videophone to be witchcraft since it would be difficult for him/her to grasp how someone could be talking to/seeing someone over 2000 miles away.
Nigerian withcraft on the other hand is just based on story telling.
For example, the issue of witches dissappearing or turning into birds is total bullshit. Until you can explain how "matter can be destroyed" as evidenced in disappearing or changing into a small object and back to a bigger object, i say withcraft in naija is a myth. Full stop.

Chei! Dis ma broda dey yarn the koko! Abeg dey tell dem make dem hear. I don talk talk talk so tay I don dey taya for my contri pipo dem.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:46am On Dec 15, 2008
abhost:
Some responses this thread has received reminds me of a true life story that occurred somewhere in western Nigeria.

A well “educated” man was in a land dispute with some of his kinsmen. He shrugged all threats he received aside and decided to build a house on the disputed land. One day, he arrived at his piece of land to discover a fetish looking object on the land. Since he did not believe in stuff like that, he simply kicked the Juju out of his land and carried on with his business.

A few days later, the same leg that kicked the Juju started swelling mysteriously. He now sought the attention of medical doctors that he had so much faith in, but the best of western medicine could not proffer a solution to his strange infirmity that eventually led to his untimely demise.

So to all those that think that what you don’t believe in cannot harm you; continue to bask in naivety.

The story above is decidedly false! It was only stated to lend some credence to the fraud called juju.

And even if it's true, there are clear scientific explanations.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by scottN(m): 7:58am On Dec 15, 2008
The general concept of Witches,Wizards,Demons is a reflection of today's mindset and geographical location. Actually these stuffs do exists and manifest in various forms everywhere. It is the way we react to them that determines how they affect us. The way a Caucasian will react to these concepts vary from the way an African will. As for why they never attack atheist, I disagree on it. It's just that when the attacks come they don't quickly attribute it to the spiritual rather they see it as part of the normal cycle in life hence they have no cause for alarm. But a spiritualist/believer will let all hell loose the moment he senses any form of ill luck or misfortune and because most cases they have no logical explanations to these events they quickly attribute it to the spiritual realm. So it all depends on how one views the misfortunes of life.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by congoshine(m): 8:00am On Dec 15, 2008
Anybody wey say witch no de,de fool imsef !
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:13am On Dec 15, 2008
If witch dey, show us.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by sagod: 9:59am On Dec 15, 2008
Because the atheists are no threats to them. They already have them in their nets and do not have to further trouble them. They on-hand prey to them any day any time.

Give your life to Christ.

Bless u!
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 15, 2008
Like i said earlier. The era of scare tactics is over. You can't just tell people something and expect them to believe it without proof.
If anyone knows of any witch that turns into a cat or bird at night, please kindly post the witches g.s.m number on this board na.

There is a difference between evil people and witchcraft in naija, my brothers and sisters.
When someone blows something into another persons eye and the person goes blind, they claim that person has magical powers/withcraft. . . . Total bullshit. There are thousands of chemicals/powders available that can do that so it is not supernatural.
The same goes for common poisons as well.

With all the witchcraft available in naija, i wonder why our ancestors had to walk. . . . .my bad "SLAP with moses slippers" over several hundred miles during wars and confrontations when they could have teleported. . . . . arrant nonsense.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:53am On Dec 15, 2008
I am still waiting for one winsh to start my long-awaited Juju Airlines! No more standing on the lines for visa! No more wasting credit calling Virgin Airlines to buy tickets!

Juju remains the longest-running fraud in Nigeria!
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Livvvvy(f): 11:16am On Dec 15, 2008
All i have to contribute is that all the names put together - winches, wizards, ogbanjes, mammy water and the likes- are called DEMONS. And i know they exist. But what I know is that they dont have power over us and cannot do us any harm. We are indeed greater than them. Remember the book of Daniel, Daniel fasted and prayed for days asking for something from God, but didnt recieve reply, as he tarried, his prayers was answered but with an explanation from the angel of God that The prince of persian (a demon) delayed the angel of God from giving daniel answers to his prayer as at when due and that he (the angel) was held back for 21 days, until another angel came to the others angels rescue. Now Daniel didnt have to start binding devil, he only waited patiently on God in prayers,  while God fought his battle.

Now, I also believe that it is a thing of the mind, It is what you believe in and what you think more of, that will either make or mar you. Some people only think of demons, demons, demons, and that is why they experience nothing good in their life.

I know someone who at every discussions of our brings in demon, and I found out that she lived in such a place where she has had such experiences, and everything negative about her as always been ascribed to demons, and I always tell her, she will never learn to thank God in bad times.

Speak less of them, dont think of them, dont go to churches that preaches more of them, dont demonize yourself by doing anything to gain their attention and you will leave a free life.

But, I still must say that ignorance is a disease, there is nothing bad going on your kneels to pray when things arent going well, and then ask God 's good angels to fight against all these demons wanting to manipulate us.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by carmelily: 11:31am On Dec 15, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked tongue @topic
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by felifeli: 11:36am On Dec 15, 2008
@poster
You are obviously new to this forum , or you will have seen dozens of demonic forces in action - and FYI they attack  ANYBODY , whether you believe what they post or not. And they are impossible to bind even if you were born inside Mountain of Fire and Miracle church.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by ikestarr: 1:06pm On Dec 15, 2008
First of all, An atheist is someone who does not believe in the existence of God and hence must be the person who actually has a mental illness!

smiley It takes a strong case of delusion of grandeur to believe that the universe is a random contraption of some illogical or scientific phenomenom. BINDEX, what kind of people did you associate with in Europe, Whitetrash I believe! You see the atheist in truth is lost and does not really exist because he does not have faith. It takes faith for you to actually live! So why should Dark forces concern themselves with zombies, nonentities and phantoms?

Concerning the existence of witchcraft and evil spirits it annoys me when Africans in particular sniff at thier existence in favour of some scientific or technological notion! What school did you attend that has made you so big headed, these Nigerian Universities with thier dilapidated equipment and lukewarm professors with little or no research going on within their walls? Even the true Greats like Einstein, Galileo, Marthin Luther, Gandhi, Newton and a thousand other Real intellectuals bowed to the knowledge of God and the supernatural

You see the truth is that the Universe consists of the seen and the unseen and there are individuals who study to show themselves approved in the unseen sciences, others are born with senses that penetrate these realms, their extra sensitivity often makes such individuals succeptible to attack or imbalance from external forces, Magnetism and radio waves are unseen but can be measured because man has been able to develop devices that can measure them. The barometer for the existence of evil in this world is the Media, look around you, !

Ultimately GOD has made man God to himself, how will WE use this priviledge!?
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by thetruth90: 2:13pm On Dec 15, 2008
felifeli:

@poster
You are obviously new to this forum , or you will have seen dozens of demonic forces in action - and FYI they attack ANYBODY , whether you believe what they post or not. And they are impossible to bind even if you were born inside Mountain of Fire and Miracle church.

true talk. no be lie!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gunmen ECWA Church In Kaduna, One Killed, Others Abducted / Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" / Reno Omokri's Opinion On Christians Sowing Seeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.