Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,327 members, 7,860,807 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:38 PM

Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? (17757 Views)

Do You Actually Believe In The Existence Of Witches And Wizards? / The Issue Of Witches/wizards/and Emere That You Did Not Know About / Why Do Sinners Immediately Go To Hell, But Satan And Demons Are Not There Yet ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by mazaje(m): 2:26pm On Dec 15, 2008
felifeli:

@poster
You are obviously new to this forum , or you will have seen dozens of demonic forces in action - and FYI they attack  ANYBODY , whether you believe what they post or not. And they are impossible to bind even if you were born inside Mountain of Fire and Miracle church.

how are they in action? can you state how they operate on this forum?

If demons operate why then does every religion have its perculiar demons that afflict its adherents only and respond to its religious prayers and incantations only? example aljanu respond only to moslem prayers, and never attack any body but moslems? i have witnessed some of the so called aljanu attack because i was once a moslem too. as the poster stated the scene i witnessed like his was really dramatic. . . shouts, cries and confessions all while the koran was read out loud. i have seen vidoes of hindu worshippers that were being afflicted with hindu demons responding to hindu prayers and incantations on TV, christains have demons that attack only christains and respond to christain prayers alone why is that so?
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by junegirl(f): 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2008
@bindex

Hello bro, I really appreciate your question. It's time we stopped swallowing everything our parents/ teachers/ society teach us hook, line and sinker. Our society taught us to believe in witches, wizards and all what not. I doubt if there is any Nigerian family that doesn't have one tale or the other to say. it is so bad, some of us are even taught to avoid certain tribes because they are "traditionally diabolical." It's a good thing you're so well travelled. I think what obtains there is a pointer to the fact that individual reality is relative to individual consciousness, and societal reality is relative to their collective consciousness. If Europeans don't believe in witchcraft, how can they have witches then? What you don't believe in does not exist for you, simple. If witches exist here, it is because we created them. How? Through our beliefs, solidified over time, from generation to generation. Contrary to popular belief, believing is seeing and not the other way round. If you believe in something, it will take root in your sub conscious and once it does that it will manifest sooner or later. So collectively, does the Nigerian society believe in witches?
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by BloodShed1: 3:40pm On Dec 15, 2008
Cos they dont exist.

Goblins and demons, fairies and angels, they all dont exist. i find it funny that these people are claiming such things exist, saying we know nothing about a supernatural world, yet they don't know themselves.

How can you try and explain something you don't know? That's like trying to explain long division when you only know short division.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by bindex(m): 3:42pm On Dec 15, 2008
junegirl:

@bindex

Hello bro, I really appreciate your question. It's time we stopped swallowing everything our parents/ teachers/ society teach us hook, line and sinker. Our society taught us to believe in witches, wizards and all what not. I doubt if there is any Nigerian family that doesn't have one tale or the other to say. it is so bad, some of us are even taught to avoid certain tribes because they are "traditionally diabolical." It's a good thing you're so well travelled. I think what obtains there is a pointer to the fact that individual reality is relative to individual consciousness, and societal reality is relative to their collective consciousness. If Europeans don't believe in witchcraft, how can they have witches then? What you don't believe in does not exist for you, simple. If witches exist here, it is because we created them. How? Through our beliefs, solidified over time, from generation to generation. Contrary to popular belief, believing is seeing and not the other way round. If you believe in something, it will take root in your sub conscious and once it does that it will manifest sooner or later. So collectively, does the Nigerian society believe in witches?

Interestingly and well put out. My thoughts exactly but i know so many people will dissagree.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by quadrillio(m): 3:45pm On Dec 15, 2008
ALL THOSE THINGS DEY LOOK FACE B$ THEM ATTACK.

but for me I think it boils down to, CULTURE, BELIEVE, SOCIETY & THE ENVIRONMENT WE FOUND OURSELVES.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by bindex(m): 3:46pm On Dec 15, 2008
Blood_Shed:

because they don't exist.

Goblins and demons, fairies and angels, they all don't exist. i find it funny that these people are claiming such things exist, saying we know nothing about a supernatural world, yet they don't know themselves.

How can you try and explain something you don't know? That's like trying to explain long division when you only know short division.

I read some thing similar on this board when somebody stated that claiming to know what you don't is the lifeblood of religion, which i believe is true.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by hajifaty: 3:47pm On Dec 15, 2008
Witches wizard etc do exist in the whole world. Have you heard about American Huanting?
and so onnnnnnn
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by mazaje(m): 4:00pm On Dec 15, 2008
hajifaty:

Witches wizard etc do exist in the whole world. Have you heard about American Huanting?
and so onnnnnnn

why wont people believe in the existance of witches, wizards and demons when people believe without any evidence and any proof that jonah survived inside a fish for 3 days or that a donkey was able to talk and all the other nonsense fables that are written in the bible and koran. . . . . .
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by sperrysun(m): 4:02pm On Dec 15, 2008
@Poster, your post is very interesting, Africans have traditional/fetish explanations for any occurrence that befuddles their minds, while the Europeans and others have scientific explanations for these. U have had a lot of first hand experience of how those, who witches, aljanu,and demons posses act,I wonder if its only peculiar to Africans, my answer is NO!! You have same things in Europe and America.

One question, have you seen anything like what you saw in those prayer houses, and mallam's houses anywhere in Europe?, B4 you rush to answer NO, ponder a bit if you have ever visited a mental institution in Europe. My bet is that there are a lot of people in Europe who have the same symptoms as those you saw in those prayer houses, the only difference between the two is that, while the Africans call it witchcraft and demonic attack, the Europeans call it more scientific names like SCHIZOPHRENIA, DEMENTIA, HALLUCINATIONS etc.

So,my dear poster,its not those who believe in all those that they attack, its just a difference in nomenclature and basic foundational understanding,

Just my opinion, anyhow,
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by imd: 4:23pm On Dec 15, 2008
you have asked a very good and strong question, if you really want to know why demons never attack atheist you should read your bible very well .
have you seen where devil goes for a battle and he(the devil) choose to kill those which are not of more or deepened interest? it is a very big impossibility or have you seen devil attacking his friends who didn't oppose him or rebel against him

The big reason why devil doesn't attact atheist is because he can't get anything from them, they are birds of the same feather, which always flock together. so why they attack christians and muslims is because they arfe causing obstructions for them. remember the prayer of a little child is mostly heard by GOD and also children while they pray might playfully be calling FIRE FIRE not knowing that it is affecting the witches in the yard or environment, so the witches tend to fight back by attacting them spiritually,

so like get this into our heads that the devil doesn't go for cheap things (atheist) but costly things like the children of GOD.

thanks
from IMD
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by mazaje(m): 4:28pm On Dec 15, 2008
imd:

you have asked a very good and strong question, if you really want to know why demons never attack atheist you should read your bible very well .
have you seen where devil goes for a battle and he(the devil) choose to kill those which are not of more or deepened interest? it is a very big impossibility or have you seen devil attacking his friends who didn't oppose him or rebel against him

The big reason why devil doesn't attact atheist is because he can't get anything from them, they are birds of the same feather, which always flock together. so why they attack christians and muslims is because they arfe causing obstructions for them. remember the prayer of a little child is mostly heard by GOD and also children while they pray might playfully be calling FIRE FIRE not knowing that it is affecting the witches in the yard or environment, so the witches tend to fight back by attacting them spiritually,

so like get this into our heads that the devil doesn't go for cheap things (atheist) but costly things like the children of GOD.

thanks
from IMD

why does the devil attack moslems and hindus? what has he got to gain by attacking his fellow friends? according to christains islam and hinduism are all spirit of the devil sent out to drive people away from the christain god.why are so many moslems and hindus under spiritual attack?. . . . .
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by denony(m): 4:56pm On Dec 15, 2008
For me i don;t know.

(Ife onye ma ya maluya)
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 15, 2008
SHOUT!!!!!!!!!!. HHHHOOOLY GHOST FIREEEEEEEEEEEEE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by wirinet(m): 6:04pm On Dec 15, 2008
This is a very interesting topic, it is a pity i have not have the time to make my contributions up till now.

As i have always tried to explain on this forum, OUR  BELIEFS  IS A PRISON FOR OUR MINDS AND EVEN OUR BODIES, once inside this prison, escape is virtually impossible.

A person who beliefs in virgin mary long and strong enough will see virgin mary as imagined by him or her.

A person who beliefs strong enough in Jesus, will see jesus, blood, wounds and all, as imagined by him or her, they might even hear his voice with messages of what we want to hear.

Same goes for the moslems, hindus, buddhist, sango worshipers, etc, that is why people had adhered to these religions for thousands of years. They see what they want to see and hear.

Same goes for demons, witches, jinns, etc, if you believe and fear a demon stong enough, it will actually start affecting you.

The saddest one to me is the pentecostal pastors, they get the vulnerable followers to believe in them so much, that they (the followers) are totally helpless, physically, mentally and spiritually without these pastors. I use to have a girlfriend that was a "Lord's Chosen" and she used to have all sorts of "spiritual attacks" (headaches, stomach pains, etc) and her instant cure was the Hankerchief from the church that has been blessed by the general overseer. (the hanky cost 150 each and it is the plain white hanky we buy in go-slow for 40 naira). As soon as she put the hanky in the pain area, she gets cured instantly and miraculously.
When i attended church with her, immidiately the" fire prayer starts", should would be rolling all over the floor. I have always wondered the purpose of all these.
Anyway, it took me over two years before i was able to break her dependence on the pastor. I did it by explanation and education. She even stopped attending church altogether, but she stopped having the spiritual attacks. Sorry for the digression folks.

I have been an atheist for about 30 yrs and i have never had any spiritual attack, save the problem of trying to get up after sleeping (which some call incubus) during my teens, which a lot of people term spiritual attack, but i later learn that it happens to most teens and youths. It was a big problem to me then, but me being a practical person, learnt to undersand it and even induce and control it.

So my conclusion is you see what you want to see
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by PastorAIO: 6:33pm On Dec 15, 2008
wirinet:

The saddest one to me is the pentecostal pastors, they get the vulnerable followers to believe in them so much, that they (the followers) are totally helpless, physically, mentally and spiritually without these pastors. I use to have a girlfriend that was a "Lord's Chosen" and she used to have all sorts of "spiritual attacks" (headaches, stomach pains, etc) and her instant cure was the Hankerchief from the church that has been blessed by the general overseer. (the hanky cost 150 each and it is the plain white hanky we buy in go-slow for 40 naira). As soon as she put the hanky in the pain area, she gets cured instantly and miraculously.
When i attended church with her, immidiately the" fire prayer starts", should would be rolling all over the floor. I have always wondered the purpose of all these.
Anyway, it took me over two years before i was able to break her dependence on the pastor. I did it by explanation and education. She even stopped attending church altogether, but she stopped having the spiritual attacks. Sorry for the digression folks.

That one sounds like hypnosis. Even the pain that the hanky cured can be induced by hypnosis.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Lady2(f): 6:48pm On Dec 15, 2008
how are they in action? can you state how they operate on this forum?

If demons operate why then does every religion have its perculiar demons that afflict its adherents only and respond to its religious prayers and incantations only? example aljanu respond only to moslem prayers, and never attack any body but moslems? i have witnessed some of the so called aljanu attack because i was once a moslem too. as the poster stated the scene i witnessed like his was really dramatic. . . shouts, cries and confessions all while the koran was read out loud. i have seen vidoes of hindu worshippers that were being afflicted with hindu demons responding to hindu prayers and incantations on TV, christains have demons that attack only christains and respond to christain prayers alone why is that so?

1) If I actually believe this, I would have to ask you, how do you know they won't respond to Christian prayer, have they ever tried Christian prayers on aljanu.
2) I find this very hard to believe because I know muslims who've become christians because the imams tell them they don't do stuff like this, so they go and find a priest and the priest performs an exorcism, and from them on they start believing in Christ. This is big in Egypt.
3) There are different demons with different powers, some more powerful than the others, and can easily torment the others, they're selfish and want to prove who has the most powers, there is no such things as love in the demonic family so they don't actually care for one another, and they would destroy each other quickly. That is probably what you are seeing in the muslim and hindu incantations. They are protecting their own territory.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by mazaje(m): 7:20pm On Dec 15, 2008
~Lady~:

1) If I actually believe this, I would have to ask you, how do you know they won't respond to Christian prayer, have they ever tried Christian prayers on aljanu.
2) I find this very hard to believe because I know muslims who've become christians because the imams tell them they don't do stuff like this, so they go and find a priest and the priest performs an exorcism, and from them on they start believing in Christ. This is big in Egypt.

open your eyes and see the world as it really is, there is much more to life than what your catholic faith tells you. have you ever heard about the suratul jinnus in the koran? go and find out about it before claiming to know things you have little or no knowledge about.

3) There are different demons with different powers, some more powerful than the others, and can easily torment the others, they're selfish and want to prove who has the most powers, there is no such things as love in the demonic family so they don't actually care for one another, and they would destroy each other quickly. That is probably what you are seeing in the muslim and hindu incantations. They are protecting their own territory.

how do you know that there are different demons with different powers? have you ever had an encounter with any? who told you that they are selfish? how do you know that a demonic world without love exist? are you for real?your assertions are completely ridiculous. pretending to know what you don't know is really the lifeblood of religion. . . .
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Lady2(f): 7:31pm On Dec 15, 2008
open your eyes and see the world as it really is, there is much more to life than what your catholic faith tells you. have you ever heard about the suratul jinnus in the koran? go and find out about it before claiming to know things you have little or no knowledge about.

Lol, I have read the quran. R u new to this thread? Because if you aren't you should already know this information by now. I know a lot about Islam, it's in my blood. I choose to be A Catholic Christian. My eyes are open, they were once blind when I didn't know the Lord, but oh how open they are now that I know him.

how do you know that there are different demons with different powers? have you ever had an encounter with any? who told you that they are selfish? how do you know that a demonic world without love exist? are you for real?your assertions are completely ridiculous. pretending to know what you don't know is really the lifeblood of religion. . . .

Once again Lol, you seem to think you know everything. I have followed your posts and all I can do is laugh at them and your ignorance of the world, you know a few things I can give you that, but dear you are quite lost on a lot, but hey you are human and so am I. The difference between me and you is that I rely on perfection and you rely on what you know will never be perfection.
How do I know that there are different demons, I have experienced them in my life. I have econtered them and I am grateful to God, I once said to Chris that I have had experiences and I wish not to share it with people because I don't want to get anyone's hopes up. I'd rather they believe without seeing.
Demons have no love, if they did, they won't be demons, they would be angels. Love heals all things, with love one can conquer all things. If I love you, I won't hurt you, If I have love within me I won't hurt anyone. How can demons have love within themselves, if all they do is cause hurt?
Sometimes I wonder about you "rational" beings. How can you be so irrational?

Pretending to know what you don't know is really the lifeblood of religion? Well then I guess you have your own religion and you believe in it. You speak of yourself and don't even know it.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by mazaje(m): 7:51pm On Dec 15, 2008
~Lady~:

Lol, I have read the quran. R u new to this thread? Because if you aren't you should already know this information by now. I know a lot about Islam, it's in my blood. I choose to be A Catholic Christian. My eyes are open, they were once blind when I didn't know the Lord, but oh how open they are now that I know him.

what does the suratul jinnus say? and when is it to be ricited?

Once again Lol, you seem to think you know everything. I have followed your posts and all I can do is laugh at them and your ignorance of the world, you know a few things I can give you that, but dear you are quite lost on a lot, but hey you are human and so am I. The difference between me and you is that I rely on perfection and you rely on what you know will never be perfection.
How do I know that there are different demons, I have experienced them in my life. I have econtered them and I am grateful to God, I once said to Chris that I have had experiences and I wish not to share it with people because I don't want to get anyone's hopes up. I'd rather they believe without seeing.
Demons have no love, if they did, they won't be demons, they would be angels. Love heals all things, with love one can conquer all things. If I love you, I won't hurt you, If I have love within me I won't hurt anyone. How can demons have love within themselves, if all they do is cause hurt?

Pretending to know what you don't know is really the lifeblood of religion? Well then I guess you have your own religion and you believe in it. You speak of yourself and don't even know it.

All this talk sef don pass my power al i can do is laugh out loud. . . . .

what makes your demonic experience more real than that of a hindu, moslem or a jew? what are angels? have you seen any? i know moslems that have claimed to have seen angels of allah, is their own encouter with angels of less value compared to that of a christains who also claim to have encountered angels? how can you as a catholic see or encounter demons when other non catholics believe the pope is amongs the demons decieving the real children of the biblical god?
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by duduspace(m): 9:55pm On Dec 15, 2008
~Lady~:

I also encountered David Copperfield on stage and beleived he could defy the law of gravity until I learnt about invisible cables and all that magical trick stuff.

While not trying to belittle your past experiences and leaving room for the fact that no one knows everything, I would just like to ask if yu're sure that you've explored all possible rational and irrational explanations for yur "experiences"? remember that the entire catholic church once beleived that the earth was flat and killed some early philosophers who dared to think differently but now even a baby who is learning how to walk now knows that the philosophers were right and the almighty church and pope who were supposedly God's ambassadors on earth at the time were dead wrong.

It is a pity we don't learn from history and keep on repeating the mistakes of our ancestors.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by manmustwac(m): 9:56pm On Dec 15, 2008
@post
Simple answer because as long as Atheists don't believe in that nonsense then no Witch Wizard or Demon will ever attack us. Its all in the mind.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by romeo(m): 10:27pm On Dec 15, 2008
LoL @ TOPIC

Make i go watch Harry Potter and after i go digest am with my favourite, Lord Of The Rings trilogy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:57pm On Dec 15, 2008
Abi oh me I be dumbledore choose your character fast oh harry potter is still up for grabs.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by mazaje(m): 11:18pm On Dec 15, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Abi oh me I be dumbledore choose your character fast oh harry potter is still up for grabs.

Chris you be winch? come borrow me your wings abeg i wan fly go naija tommorow. . . . . .
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by geniusbami(m): 11:35pm On Dec 15, 2008
I happened 2 stumble on this question here and wish to quickly make a contribution. Let's not forget the demons are called dark powers. Doesn't that alone suggest to our minds they like 2 operate unnoticed? How long do some of us live with people in d hood before we begin 2 suspect they're, maybe, armed robbers? 2, 3 decades they may not bother us so long we don't affect their 'buz'in any way.

I dare say they've got d primary mission of turning our HEARTS AWAY FRM OUR CREATOR. So, if U don't believe in God's existence and in His sovereignty they've got no serious task with U. If U get unlucly, all a busy-body demon could do 2 U is make ur life in time miserable through some adversities U can't explain. Otherwise, they cud leave you to enjoy d pleasures this life offers.

In any case, it's better one isn't born than live his/her borrowed life struggling 2 hold on to the belief that there ain't no God or Satan or demons - Just as human souls are awake 2 ruminate on d activities of d day gone by when d body sleeps, so will d soul stand 2 give a truthful account of d man's life in time when he transits 2 eternity (existence in a sphere not measured in days n nights, no time). Just like sleep isn't capable of stopping d soul frm dreaming, so death would not be d complete end of man,  D only unfortunate thing, though is that once a man dies (drops d body) n is awake to d reality he ignored all his life, it would be over, he can not come back to time 2 start swallowing his words or tell people what he's just realising,  it would just be wishes no one is able 2 perform.
But then, I wonder, why would anyone dare taking such a risk?

I don't know if anyone reading this wishes 2 know d infallible Truth,  the Anchor of d soul,  He who is able 2 guide our souls into all truth,  His name is Jesus. Someone tried 2 test d veracity of that claim, U know what? She wrote d book: 'I Dared 2 Call Him Father'. D beauty of knowing one's Creator personally and securing His protection.

He still keeps d soul of those who trust him frm d trap of not believing in d existence of God or Satan or demons, n empowers them 2 overcome,  till d end. Follow Jesus!
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:10am On Dec 16, 2008
Just use the nearest groundnut shell, thats a two seater F-16 you no get wahala.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by morofolu(m): 12:35am On Dec 16, 2008
If one can eliminate fear of these things, the bridge to being influenced by them is automatically broken regardless of religion or race.
Of course, that is assuming that the potential victim is not evil-minded or ignoble in his activities - cos this is like a direct line to such influences.

It is not an easy task to totally eliminate fear, lots of factors, our upbringing, culture and society constantly feed us with all sorts,
The average man is poor spiritually and would easily succumb to this or that that he hears, whether it's true or not.
He has lost the capacity to discern, discriminate and truly stand on his own, and would rather rely on the interpretations of others to supply him with what he chooses to believe. Essentially, he lacks knowledge as regards these things and much more.
Activities in some religious places don't help matters too as they expose their members to these influences with some of their practices.

Witches, demons and the like do exist, it's just that they'll only influence those people who create a channel, either deliberately or otherwise, through which these entities can reach them. Fear opens the gates wide for all these nether influences.
The cure is simply "a firm conviction in the Omnipotence of the Almighty God and His Will".

, just my thots,
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by duduspace(m): 2:38am On Dec 16, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Just use the nearest groundnut shell, thats a two seater F-16 you no get wahala.

abi o, and maize cob wey u don chop go be space shuttle to go into space abi? ROFLMAO
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by lwise(m): 7:07am On Dec 16, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

interesting topic
oohhhhhhhhhh
ignorance will be the demon of pagans lol
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by bawomolo(m): 7:30am On Dec 16, 2008
one thing do, atheists aren't pagan.
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by Backslider(m): 9:00am On Dec 16, 2008
why would you decieve a fool!?
Re: Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? by ochiaha1(m): 10:55am On Dec 16, 2008
Reverse faith can make people believe that there are spirits talking to them. The good book says 'faith is the substance of things hoped for, its the evidence of things not seen'. So, if you hope or seriously believe in something, you put your faith in negative motion and you start to experience those things you fear. This is the view point of some christians, as there is somewhere in the good book where Job cried, 'what I feared most has befallen me'.

A friend who believes in metaphysics however said that the Sub-conscious can be programmed, so that what we believe can happen to us. If you believe witches exist and they can attack you, then you stand the risk of having an encounter with such forces, but if you do not believe in them, then there is no way they can penetrate your Sub-Conscience to harm you. This, according to the friend,  could explain why Atheist and Agnostics do not have encounters with such forces.

Looking at the two viewpoints above, we can see that the human mind is involved whether as 'faith' in christianity or 'Sub-Conscience' for the Meta-Physician, so we must guard our minds seriously so as not to believe that negative beings can harm us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?" / Ukrainian Pastor Karen Zelfimein: 'God Is Sending Angels To Protect Us' / Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.