Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife (66608 Views)

Nigerian Fulani Militants Named As Fourth Deadliest Terror Group In World / Emir Sanusi's Wife, Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa, Revealed (Photo) / Emir Sanusi Takes 17-year-old As Fourth Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 04, 2015
Check my post again.
It's been modified

patriotic007:
So you think marriage is all about losing virginity or making love?.......this under age girl are deprived of education....they are saddled with the rigor of raising kids and in some cases fetching for the family.....you dont even talk about what a kid will be able to teach her kids.....later boko haram will have plenty people to recruit because alot of children grow up in the north without experiencing motherly love wish is essential for all......WHAT IS WRONG IS WRONG NO MATTER HOW YOU TWIST IT.....THE NORTH SHOULD AT LEAST REDUCE THE WAY THEY PULL THIS COUNTRY BACKWARDS
Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by Chubhie: 2:50pm On Jan 04, 2015
Didn't SLS think things through? I mean, the media backlash? Pictures of this so called 17 year old goddess that made a man of SLS calibre to throw caution to the wind for some tight virgin pussy. This is unbelievable!!!

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 04, 2015
You know I just HATE it when people bring up that EXTREMELY STU-PID argument that says "After all young teenage girls are sleeping around, so it's better to marry them off". There are two major things wrong with that argument. One is that they assume (erroneously and stupi.dly) that marriage is all about sex. Second, there is no SHRED of evidence that supports the view that marrying off underage girls with promiscuous tendencies will ensure they remain faithful to their husbands.

Marriage entails far more than sex. It also involves building and maintaining a home (there's a reason why wives are referred to as home makers), it involves caring for your husband and attending to his needs, it involves raising a child and inculcating in that child the right set of values to enable that child grow up to be a responsible and useful member of society. ALL of these functions require MATURITY - maturity of the body, but more importantly MATURITY OF THE MIND. How mature is a 17-year old girl to handle the responsibilities of marriage? What will she teach her child? What life lessons has she learnt in her short existence that she can impart into a child? Can a child raise another child? What does she know about home economics? How will she handle the stress of catering to the needs (sometimes competing needs) of husband and child(ren)? Does a teenage girl understand family planning, budgeting, taking care of a home etc?

Don't even get me started on the physical and emotional effects like VVF, depression etc.

I used to like Sanusi but now he's lost my respect.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by bryan1991: 2:50pm On Jan 04, 2015
We are thinking of how we can reduce birth rate, here is a so-called called former CBN governor who claims to be having a high level of education. marrying as someone whof have no self discipline. We need to balance our laws regarding marriage. If a woman is not allowed to have more than one man as a husband at a time, why should men be given the privilege?

4 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by kay1one(m): 2:51pm On Jan 04, 2015
Yepa! shocked

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 04, 2015
The change is coming. The taste of things if we allow that change.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by jamilkb(m): 2:51pm On Jan 04, 2015
Every insult from a Nairalander falls on either Northerners Or Islam, en bara uba jakai, You'll never see northerner isulting them, but they are eager to see a little flaw from abo.ki to descend on him Mtchww!! Idi.ots
Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 04, 2015
pathetic soul sad
Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by hotgunz(m): 2:52pm On Jan 04, 2015
Mesef wan bcome emir ooooo, na 10yrs old girl I need abeg
Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by Kingharzyz(m): 2:53pm On Jan 04, 2015
Afrobasic:

26 year old matured girl wey dem don chop finish na im you want a whole emir to marry?? grin

On a more serious note... He should wait for a year at least (although I wonder what's the difference between a 17yr old and an 18yr old undecided).

What is the puberty age ? you want him to wait till 18 ? but me think 21 is the puberty age until I read that Mary mother of Jesus married and gave birth at a teen age
Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by Habeyy(m): 2:54pm On Jan 04, 2015
OMG. are these d so called progressive......!ahhhhhhhh....

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by olayinka63: 2:54pm On Jan 04, 2015
major466:
A.bo.ki and early marriage No wonder the region has the highest number and cases of VVF in the country.
The little girl should be allowed to obtain her certificates before other things.

but you are in support of your 17 year old daughter involves in furnication, being Bleep round the streets
Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 04, 2015
natureblack:
why would I want a 17 yr old for a wife angry.......what does she know about life undecided

What did you say when kanu uwankwo married a 17 year old. And to answer you question, come to benin, then you would know that a 17 year old girl got EXPERIENCE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by shariffalabim89: 2:54pm On Jan 04, 2015
I think 17 is above the age of consent in Nigeria. SLS is too smart to expose himself. No harm done. Some states in the US still have theirs below 16

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by emperorscoon(m): 2:55pm On Jan 04, 2015
Too many hates in nigeria.
No wonder our country is still backward
The topic said *set to take*.. Not married to

I don't see any bad in him getting married to a 17yrs old girl
Let's have a poll here
I'm sure more than 60% of the girls here have been sleeping around when dey were 17..
Different people. With different culture.
Go to alaafin of oyo's palace and confirm the age difference btw him n his wives

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by Gynacologist(m): 2:55pm On Jan 04, 2015
sukkot:
hmm this nigga . thought he was polished. i guess you can take the nigga to oxford but you cant take the kano out of the nigga
oboi u no go kill me....ds one rily cracked one of ma rib

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by HirstMOG(m): 2:55pm On Jan 04, 2015
phantonce:
See hypocrites.
Most lady have lost there virginity before 17.
Most 17 yrs old lady are having sex around the street ,u dnt see anything wrong with it but this one is what you see.
As long as she isn't forced to marry,I have no problem.
Lets see her picture first because most ladies develop "fully" before 17.

I taught age is just a number.

***Murdified***
I've received so many mentions criticising me of my stance.
So let me put it this way.

Would you prefer a 17 yrs old who is regularly lured into bedroom by bro chinedu with two hundred naira worth indomie and egg.trust chinedu,he would av taken ogidiga,monkeytails,dogoyaro e.t.c before pummeling the girls pu**y which may or may not leading yo pregnancy.
Leaving the unfortunate innocent husband with a dead on arrival material.

Or

A man who likes a 17 yrs old who has matured and decided to seek her hand in marriage with the consent of the parent.
He makes love to her in a proper way if she wishes.
She has the right to further her education to any length if she wishes.

I pitty the family you came from and your generation. Are you telling me that you can give out a daughter of yours out in marriage at the age of 17? Shame on you mahn!! If I may ask you, how many of his children are married at the age of 17 if they are even in Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by Ninilowo(m): 2:56pm On Jan 04, 2015
This guy is not well.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by iyb(m): 2:56pm On Jan 04, 2015
so 17 is too young for marriage but not to young to be fcked outside.
people can be hypocrites undecided

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by Habeyy(m): 2:57pm On Jan 04, 2015
OMG. are these d so called progressive......!ahhhhhhhh....d other thread it was certificate issue....this one na seeking d hand and p****sy of a minor in marriage .....if dis is all what progressive can offer....then I will vote for d p.......p

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by Gynacologist(m): 2:57pm On Jan 04, 2015
born2fuckpussy:
Which his long rod, him wan scatter person pikin intestine
dis ur monicker no b here...lyk say u too lyk toto?

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by ak4God(m): 2:57pm On Jan 04, 2015
No big deal.Its better to marry a 16yr old virgin than overused 18yr old girl.Moreover Kanu married a 16yr old girl and they are living happily.Age is just a number.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 04, 2015
HirstMOG:

I pitty the family you came from and your generation. Are you telling me that you can give out a daughter of yours out in marriage at the age of 17? Shame on you mahn!! If I may ask you, how many of his children are married at the age of 17 if they are even in Nigeria?
marriage doesn't mean she has forfeited are future.
She could attain any post if she wishes.
Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by bryan1991: 2:59pm On Jan 04, 2015
abysirius:
That's tradition, not political. It's barbaric though and shouldn't be encouraged. But we all know hw backward 'this group' can be. I don't think it's also in any way a religious ideology.

So pple should think and be constructive in their criticism.

What is tradition if the government law should say no?. It's high time we start to live as an educated human beings not this animal lifestyle some of us are still practicing... It's a shame on Sanusi. As an educated man he claimed.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by shollex52(m): 2:59pm On Jan 04, 2015
The question am asking myself is, can sanusi give his daughter(if he has any) out to man at the age of 17

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by makhez019(m): 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
jamilkb:
Every insult from a Nairalander falls on either Northerners Or Islam, en bara uba jakai, You'll never see northerner isulting them, but they are eager to see a little flaw from abo.ki to descend on him Mtchww!! Idi.ots
bro, how and y we no go insult north or islam. Imagine a full grown man, 50 and above penetrating a small grl ayoung as 9 . Haba una law na nonsense, can ya give ya daughter as young as 9 tto a bastard to penetrate her. Sit down and reason dis tin now, don't be a fanatic just be sincere ya will see dat dis kid deserves d best. Dat is one way dey improvish d north and muslim, by saying is better to marry dem so deh won't fornicate, and wen ya sleep wif dem finish ya divorce dem for anoda. I pity all ya followers of sharia cos it only affects d poor and not d rich, y ya no go taost sanusi pikin weh be underage if dem no go use ya p.rick do suya, yet dey end up deceiving ya porr people all in d name of sharia, its either dere is somtin wrong wif sharia or ya poor re foolish pigs or d leaders are just callous or everytin is happening same time. Imagine ya yaound daughther being married to an abo man weh be 60 yrs will ya even allow dat. Most times dis grls are forced to marry dem. Wad a Bleep wif ya sharia law. See d case of kano, where d grl killed d man and now deh want to kill d innocent grl cos she did so cos she was forced to marry a man she didn't like. Bro bone religon and be real and sincere wif yaself. Sharia is wrong. It encourages child abuse.

4 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by abbey621(m): 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
How can Nigeria ever develop when we have so many ignorant people in the country especially here on Nairaland. I see so many negative comments but none which makes sense whatsoever!

1. Was the girl forced into marriage?
2. Is the girl an orphan? Where are the parents? Are they in support?
3. Could this be done in order to form an alliance? Throughout history we've seen different unions with the sole aim of strengthening an empire.
4. In Nigeria is there a law against marrying an underage person?

Before we open our mouths to criticize a situation let's look at it from all aspects, from culture to legality.
Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by jamace(m): 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
Holywizard:
all these stupid men will neva leave these tight totos 4 we de young generation
Don't mind them. They even want to die in govt. grin grin
Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by Habeyy(m): 3:04pm On Jan 04, 2015
olayinka63:

but a 17 yr old that is engaging in furnication what will you say here? besides marrying that girl does not stop her education it only stop future fornication from you guys
OMG. ...are u saying this out of desperation or what BTW are you telling me cutting off d head is the cure to d headache
Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by 12ema: 3:04pm On Jan 04, 2015
dcaliph:
That is nice. May God bless the mariage.

Some people would be hating, but in their mind they would wish they could marry a sweet 17.

I don‘t know why we in the south hate northerners. Yesterday, it was on FB that a 16year old southerner gave birth to triplet. In Benin where I base, an average 17 year old has done abortion at least once, you hear news of 70 year old sleeping with 5 year old constantly. Even bazaar news like KG pupils caught having s-x in the back of a class and in the east you would hear of a 15 year old in a baby factory.

Abeg let SLS be.

potential pe.dophile in da house. . .everybody say hoo oooh.. . say yeah yeah.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by biodunid: 3:05pm On Jan 04, 2015
Zik was given a teenage 'virgin' for wife during 2nd republic presidential campaigns and he didn't reject her so think before casting aspersions o entire tribes. Besides this is a news item from 2009 so why is someone dredging it up in 2015

Johnpaul2k2:
[size=14pt]Northerners are not supposed to be called Nigerian

everything about them is odd, when a 17 years old girl should be writing her WAEC embarassed[/size]
Re: Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife by Firefire(m): 3:06pm On Jan 04, 2015
Okay. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Reactions As MC Oluomo Joins Abba Kyari To Celebrate Birthday In Lagos. Photos / INEC Issues Okorocha Certificate Of Return (Photo) / PDP's Orubebe Disrupts Results Announcement By Jega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.