Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,878 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment (49418 Views)

I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now / What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare / Channels TV stops Pst Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment On Govt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by Realdeals(m): 1:26pm On Jan 05, 2015
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by vicoloni(m): 1:43pm On Jan 05, 2015
Abok1:

Not the case...he's simply stating the obvious

When our Nelipot President places himself in a precarious situation, anyone who wants the progress of this nation would call him to order, unlike his ventripotent praise singers. Someone who should be the custodian of our sovereignty as a nation is seen fanning the embers of ethnic and religious bigotry, forgetting that you cannot continue to fool everyone for so long.

From a religious perspective, Prophet Nathan Rebuked David when he sinned, i guess he should have stayed out of politics, and the politician shouldn't stay out of churches when they need votes I guess. If the polity is messed up and there's chaos in the land, would the church hold services? Joseph was a prime minister in Egypt, David was a musician to King Saul, Esther was married to the Persian King Ahasuerus, Daniel served King Nebuchadnezzar, showing that when the church distances itself from politics then they have no right to complain when policies goes against their beliefs, in-fact being involved with politics means influencing decisions, hence it was easier for the children to be freed from Egypt by Moses who grew up as a prince/general as a result of which he understood the inner workings of the Egyptian dynasty.

It is only a selfish individual that would want us to maintain the status quo, and if GMB messes up, we vote him out too.

Very apt!
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 05, 2015
It is only a selfish individual that would want us to maintain the status quo, and if GMB messes up, we vote him out too.
[/size] [/color] [/font][/quote]

That, my friend, is the beauty of democracy.

2 Likes

Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 05, 2015
Ashonibarenla:
"If GMB messes up, we vote him out too."

That, my friend, is the beauty of democracy.

Hear, hear.
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by POTUT(m): 2:57pm On Jan 05, 2015
Never seen a larger gathering of countrymen without a sense of history excited to vote a slave master into office to resume where he left off in 1985.
This is sickening! We are all clueless!!
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by bigmo1(m): 3:22pm On Jan 05, 2015
sigmundfreud:
Channels TV should just get their lawyers ready ....BTW, TB has turned his sermons into Political lectures!
This was not a regular church service. It was a state of the nation broadcast.
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by angelsing(m): 3:47pm On Jan 05, 2015
tomakint:

Pray hard to see Feb. 14 and even hear the results undecided because I don't understand the stupidity you kids exhibit online under the cover of 'I am anonymous'! Jonathan is not your problem but you as a person, why talk to YOUR PRESIDENT like your mate, can you address YOUR DAD that way kid?
Is he your father?...u shud also go round and insult everyone who has insulted buhari or any other person on this forum...stop drinking panadol for another man's headache..Even though I will never insult our president let his conscience judge him for calling the president names rather than asking him such questions except u want to tell us jonathan is ur father

2 Likes

Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by macof(m): 3:54pm On Jan 05, 2015
Bridgetown:
Pastors should leave politics for politicians, too many prophecy for 2015 and they are all contradicting themselves saying different things.
I am seriously fed with Nigeria politics of region, setiments, tribes and religion.

Tunde Bakare is a politician and pastor, that's what he is...so he should stop being himself because of ur dumb opinion
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 05, 2015
macof:

Tunde Bakare is a politician and pastor, that's what he is...so he should stop being himself because of ur dumb opinion

Youngman you will not provoke me to insult you never, you day of retribution is near.
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
Collynzo9:

Those people you named do not go about promoting a particular candidate, they do their jobs and get out of the way.
You are here 24/7 promoting Buhari and ridiculing Jonathan yet you call someone else paid. You need to go through my posts and yours to see who is promoting a particular agenda.
You are probably one of those roaming around the government circles looking for fake contracts and have been so disappointed you want a government that can help you out with crumbs.
It sucks to be you.
How do you know "They do their job and go away"? Do you even have an idea who they are before I mentioned their names? Why is it always lies, lies, and more irrational lies from you kids?

Well, as stated severally, I have known,met, and worked with Mr.Buhari a few times during the late 70s-early 80s so it is expected of me to drum up support for his candidacy especially seeing as how Nigeria has derailed badly from the Nation I used to know. Buhari is an upright, straightforward and honest man whom Nigerians won't have to worry about their money or security when he's in charge. He is not frivolous and he believes In Discipline and accountability --- qualities which Nigeria currently lacks because of the kind of irresponsible people at the top. With Buhari in charge, you can be rest assured that Nigeria's development will be improved. Money meant for development will not be stolen or used to buy Private Jets. This much I know about him.

And, like I always stated here, I have benefited enough (financially) from your country for services rendered I could live another 150 lifetimes and not have a worry in the world so, no, I do not need to "roam Government circles hoping for Government contracts". Occasionally coming on NL to dispel rumors and untruths being falsely fed to the populace by compromised youths such as yourself is---I believe--- my own minor contribution in ensuring that Nigeria rises again.

Do your own bit by refusing chump change to spew lies hatred and bigotry. Your future and that of your unborn kids is at stake.

2 Likes

Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by Mclick(m): 6:09pm On Jan 05, 2015
The further the society drift from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. Good he has boldness to talk about the real situation, very few has the analytical prowess to decide who to vote for, a lot are driven by sentiments and ignorance. Who says Pastor shouldn't takeout politics when the bad people are controlling things that matters to us all

1 Like

Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by Hero10001: 6:19pm On Jan 05, 2015
smackimorn:
“There was nothing I said in that broadcast that is subversive other than warning the nation that the forthcoming election is laced with disaster and that if we must plunge into it, we should be ready for the consequences,” he said.

So Nigerians should not vote at all

And some niggas r saying men of God are looking into politics.

Why them no go talk, when they r seriously fasting n praying for the nation n the leaders are not doing anything reasonable!

GEJ I'm sorry, I don port!

#Change
Nigga, I was at the church's live broadcast service yesterday @ Latter Rain Assembly and it was critical indeed.
The Pastor's message was apt, raw and patriotic but nobody holy pass.
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 05, 2015
dammytosh:

Only if your Principal get sense pass me.

Grow up
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by Isaacmacdon(m): 6:27pm On Jan 05, 2015
YoursGEJ:
No matter what they do, the wind of change must blow. We must take our country back from the hands of thieves, murderers, touts and rogues who clearly have had nothing to offer Nigeria for the past 16 years. Heightened insecurity, missing $20 billion (whose report was supposed to be submitted in November), high fuel and kerosene prices and continued darkness even after spending over $30 billion are their major achievements. Instead, imagine a government with the likes of Buhari, Osinbajo, Fashola (who needs no introduction), Kwankwaso, Rochas, Amaechi (best schools and hospital development by a single governor), etc etc. These people in government will bring serious positive changes both in the way government is run and goverment's accountability to the people. They will start us on a course for a Nigeria that I will not be sad to leave to my children

Meanwhile, did anybody watch Osinbajo on Channels on Sunday evening?! I hear say GEJ and Baboon Okupe piss for body when dem dey watch am. This Presidential debate go sweet ooo! Only if some people don't demand for the questions before hand and don't run away if the expo is not given to them. Then later they will go and debate with themselves. I no call person name o grin grin

And this was Sambo's reaction when he realized that next week is his turn after seeing Osinbajo's performance.

Dude buhari is d past...I seriously don't know y his wasting his time... let me make dis clear to u... Jonathan is d destined leader for d next 4years.... u talk about change change change... forget trash...dis guys aren't bringing any change... Jonathan z d last pdp president... by 2019 we would den av d likes of fashola vying for d seat.....
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2015
Bokoharam:

This is one man who speaks from both sides of the tongue and claims that God has asked him to say so. From his comment against Buhari before 2007 elections, where others where he swore by God before saying them, to many other contradictory speeches, Bakare has shown that he is more carnal-minded, worldly, political than spiritual.

Channels acted with professionalism. The electronic media are not an avenue to spew invectives, vendetta, ribaldry and irresponsibility!
Are you aware he was Buhari's VP candidate in 2011...so what are you saying....do some research b4 talking
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by smsdigito: 6:40pm On Jan 05, 2015
Scream:
Where is the freedom of expression? Where is the freedom of speech? Where in the said freedom...even the media?! is it for only Asari, Tompolo, Okupe and Co?

Can someone call someone aside for a brief lecture on democracy? An SS 2 student can do the job for free.
There is freedom of speech but hey take note all over the world no freedom is absolute. There are some things you will say even with that freedom even in america, the law enforcement agents will either stop you or get you arrested. Freedom of speech does not come to be abused but to be used correctly. Its not only in Nigeria dear. Out of abundance of the heart , the mouth speaks. That is common wisdom.
There is the difference between airing your views and being flippant. My opinion. Lets all take it easy sha

Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by greenalwaz: 7:48pm On Jan 05, 2015
[quote author=Abok1 post=29495444]

[font=American Typewriter] [color=#000099] [size=12pt]Not the case...he's simply stating the obvious

When our Nelipot President places himself in a precarious situation, anyone who wants the progress of this nation would call him to order, unlike his ventripotent praise singers. Someone who should be the custodian of our sovereignty as a nation is seen fanning the embers of ethnic and religious bigotry, forgetting that you cannot continue to fool everyone for so long.

From a religious perspective, Prophet Nathan Rebuked David when he sinned, i guess he should have stayed out of politics, and the politician shouldn't stay out of churches when they need votes I guess. If the polity is messed up and there's chaos in the land, would the church hold services? Joseph was a prime minister in Egypt, David was a musician to King Saul, Esther was married to the Persian King Ahasuerus, Daniel served King Nebuchadnezzar, showing that when the church distances itself from politics then they have no right to complain when policies goes against their beliefs, in-fact being involved with politics means influencing decisions, hence it was easier for the children to be freed from Egypt by Moses who grew up as a prince/general as a result of which he understood the inner workings of the Egyptian dynasty.

It is only a selfish individual that would want us to maintain the status quo, and if GMB Thks for ds
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by usibengate(m): 8:05pm On Jan 05, 2015
There is God ooo!
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by lurex2rhyme(m): 8:40pm On Jan 05, 2015
weda gej loses in d cuming election will dat stop him 4rm living? mehn make una leave dis man alone after all election as a competion one has 2 lose n d anoda has 2 win. all am sayin dat any1 can support any body is deir fundamental right bt leavin thou say d lord n using church as campaign apparatus. wer i cum 4rm dat is hw hungry pastors seekin cheap publicity saw fake vision in 2010/2011 against gov akpabio yet he won wit landslide n most of dese guys wer saw as prophets of doom n wer/ r nt taken seriously.
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:16pm On Jan 05, 2015
different gods speaking to different nigerian political pastors cum prophets.
all a dem seeking for what to eat.
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:43pm On Jan 05, 2015
lurex2rhyme:
weda gej loses in d cuming election will dat stop him 4rm living? .
Awww, poor baby, you don't understand. Let me explain it to you.

If GEJ loses, he will rot in Prison for all the crimes he has committed against Nigeria. He is fighting for his survival because a change in Govt will mean a change in how Govt conducts business. Meaning,corruption and theft of Govt property becomes very serious punishable crimes.

If GEJ loses he is in big trouble and he knows it.

2 Likes

Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by lurex2rhyme(m): 1:04am On Jan 06, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
Awww, poor baby, you don't understand. Let me explain it to you.

If GEJ loses, he will rot in Prison for all the crimes he has committed against Nigeria. He is fighting for his survival because a change in Govt will mean a change in how Govt conducts business. Meaning,corruption and theft of Govt property becomes very serious punishable crimes.

If GEJ loses he is in big trouble and he knows it.
tah rot in wic prison guy make i hear word apc sef d make noise. tel person wer hand clean 2 probe person.
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by macof(m): 3:02am On Jan 06, 2015
Bridgetown:

Youngman you will not provoke me to insult you never, you day of retribution is near.
oh! Pls shut up
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by Nobody: 5:57am On Jan 06, 2015
teemanbastos:
Right thing at the wrong location sir.
But that location is good for collecting money?
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by sylve11: 8:18am On Jan 06, 2015
Fribery:
Nobody is happy with this government, but the issue of some pastors taking sides n being partisan is unhealthy. . let the leaders know the truth n the truth not by mincing words..

if the judiciary n d military has been compromised pls let the church remain.. ..

#GoodGovernment 2015

Well said! cool
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by Caseless: 9:15am On Jan 06, 2015
Abok1:

Not the case...he's simply stating the obvious

may God bless ur wife.
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by FAPatriot(m): 12:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
its so obvious how people tend to twist facts staring in their face. This is a caution and not as Channels TV claimed, though to me they are the best TV station Nigeria needs right now but they should give us what we want.
Anytime I want a 1st class news in Nigeria I tune to Channels TV.
pastors and Prophets are spiritual custodians to the governments.
Rather heed their warnings than criticize them. We all know the truths when we perceive it.
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by emeka1101: 2:00pm On Jan 06, 2015
caprini1:
What Nigeria needs is a truthful and sincere dialogue between all the ethnic group,to find a way forward.We can't tow the Jerry Lawrence of Ghana experience like some people advocate.Reason be that,if you kill anyone ,:his tribessmen will say its vendeta and start revolting, unlike Ghana where they speak just two major Language,ewe and gan.
There are over 80 different ethnic groups n languages in GHANA. Google is your frnd. Stop being ignorant.
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 06, 2015
The full audio broadcast is now online, including the censored part:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUBesHw0tys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiB29LRnDx4

#saynotocensorship #thisisdemocracy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by caprini1: 2:25pm On Jan 06, 2015
emeka1101:
There are over 80 different ethnic groups n languages in GHANA. Google is your frnd. Stop being ignorant.
king of Ghana,I said Major languages,park well abeg!
Re: Channels TV Terminates Pastor Bakare’s Broadcast Over Alleged Critical Comment by caprini1: 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2015
emeka1101:
Twi ,Ewe and Gan are the major Languages in Ghana,by the way,almost everyone speaks twi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PHOTOS: NAF Arrives Senegal / Nationwide Curfew Now 12am To 4am – FG / Ajimobi Locks Adebayo Alao-Akala N3 Billion Property (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.