Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,697 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

unHOLY MATRIMONY - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / unHOLY MATRIMONY (170571 Views)

The Matrimony, The Blessing: A Mothers advice and prayers for the Daughter / Holy Matrimony, A Novel / Patron Of Matrimony Shortlisted For ACT Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
@Cybershow, story deleted on purpose. I will upload later, sorry. Will mention you when I do. Thanks for stopping by.

@ruffhandu, you are right. I don't know how best to protect my stories as I will like to publish some of them in the future.

@zyxxx bro, thanks. Will be back soon by God's grace.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by tfabu: 11:39pm On Feb 02, 2015
Oh candy,I've been absent due to some reasons beyond my control I must have missed a lot...#bringbackourstory#
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by mariamferanmi(f): 12:37pm On Feb 03, 2015
Madam candy am sorry haven't been commenting lately I ran out of mb n now dat am back I will surely do!! May God bless ur hustle ma!!! N I love d sign n changes am seeing lately on Nairaland literature. May God bless d supporters all!!!!!
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by ruffhandu: 10:22am On Feb 05, 2015
candy:
@Cybershow, story deleted on purpose. I will upload later, sorry. Will mention you when I do. Thanks for stopping by.

@ruffhandu, you are right. I don't know how best to protect my stories as I will like to publish some of them in the future.

Hello Candy, I hope you are doing good. How's your research going?
Cheers!
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by pricelesslove(f): 4:35am On Feb 06, 2015
Good morning, ma'am Candy, how was your night. ma'am candy , I'm angry with you oo. firstly, you didn't inform me that you are starting a new story, I just saw it now but I can't read from the beginning because you have taken it away from. please ma, can you do something about the missing chapters so that I can read? thank you ma
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by QueenTolpatx(f): 9:58am On Feb 06, 2015
Madam candy hope u'r fyn?, hw's family? We'r stilll here hoping u'l get a solution to it. Do takia kiss kiss
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by ladynice: 10:51pm On Feb 06, 2015
I dont understand y I cant read d update or candy r u removing dem
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by ruffhandu: 6:18pm On Feb 08, 2015
Congrats Candy
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 08, 2015
tfabu:
Oh candy,I've been absent due to some reasons beyond my control I must have missed a lot...#bringbackourstory#
You've missed a lot...but you will catch up easily.

mariamferanmi:
Madam candy am sorry haven't been commenting lately I ran out of mb n now dat am back I will surely do!! May God bless ur hustle ma!!! N I love d sign n changes am seeing lately on Nairaland literature. May God bless d supporters all!!!!!
I feel the changes too, it's a good sign. Things can only get better.

ruffhandu:

Hello Candy, I hope you are doing good. How's your research going?
Cheers!
Thanks, my dear bro! I'm doing fine, to the glory of God. Not much on my research jor...it's an ILO work agenda thingy and the election tension is affecting my respondents.

pricelesslove:
Good morning, ma'am Candy, how was your night. ma'am candy , I'm angry with you oo. firstly, you didn't inform me that you are starting a new story, I just saw it now but I can't read from the beginning because you have taken it away from. please ma, can you do something about the missing chapters so that I can read? thank you ma
I tagged you when I started, I guess you missed the mention. I removed the story due to a little crises, I will upload again and I will tag you again.

@QueenTolpatx, you are one of the people that keeps bringing me here! My family and I are doing fine by God's grace, thanks for your concern.
I don't know if the changes here will curb plagiarism, but for your sake and a few other readers, I assure you I will upload this week by God's grace. I have missed your comments o!

@ladynice, updates removed, part will be reloaded this week by God's grace.

@ruffhandu, congrats? I don win something ni?

@all ye lovely people, God willing, we will continue our story later this week. I may not reload the first five chapters again, but I will load the last two updates and then we continue from there. I will remove each update after a short while. You all will have to be dropping comments so I will know if you've read or not. I will remove once I read certain readers' comments. I learnt we have to protect our work individually.

I love you all and I so miss you!

@tescoleps, have you settled down in your new place? Thought you would've redeployed to Ib.

Have a blessed week!
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Theeldah(f): 9:52pm On Feb 08, 2015
can u please send d deleted parts to my e-mail.....tswagg.mm@gmail.com......i wudbso much appreci8
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Theeldah(f): 9:52pm On Feb 08, 2015
can u please send d deleted parts of the web to my e-mail.....tswagg.mm@gmail.com......i wud so much appreci8
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 08, 2015
thank God you are back ma
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by ruffhandu: 9:19am On Feb 09, 2015
candy:

Have a blessed week!

You're not doing badly.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by missviva(f): 9:29am On Feb 09, 2015
Candy!!!.......finally,u re back....yipeeee!!. sorry am just seeing this story now but some chapters have been deleted. pls if there is anyway I can get those chapters pls lemme know. meanwhile,more ink to ur pen
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by QueenTolpatx(f): 11:43am On Feb 09, 2015
cngratulations candy, am happy u'r bk. i missed ur updates o, cant wait 2 read in here again. takia.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by harjibolar10(m): 9:20pm On Feb 09, 2015
Dear madam Candy,

With a deep regret, I'm telling you that I'm totally lost on this thread, that's why I've not been commenting on this great work of yours. I'm off for some days(more than a week), due to the fact that I lost my phone, but unfortunately for me, before I could get back, you've removed some updates(of which I will be naughty if I said I don't know why you've done that), which hinder me from coping with the story line up to this stage.

Anyways, It's quite unfortunate that I'm no more a member of this scintillating story, cos, it would be selfish and senseless, if I should request that you(or anybody) summarize all what I've missed, but be rest assured that I'm still one of your humble fan.

Thanks everybody,
Harjibolar10
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by tescoleps(f): 8:40am On Feb 10, 2015
candy:

You've missed a lot...but you will catch up easily.

I feel the changes too, it's a good sign. Things can only get better.

Thanks, my dear bro! I'm doing fine, to the glory of God. Not much on my research jor...it's an ILO work agenda thingy and the election tension is affecting my respondents.

I tagged you when I started, I guess you missed the mention. I removed the story due to a little crises, I will upload again and I will tag you again.

@QueenTolpatx, you are one of the people that keeps bringing me here! My family and I are doing fine by God's grace, thanks for your concern.
I don't know if the changes here will curb plagiarism, but for your sake and a few other readers, I assure you I will upload this week by God's grace. I have missed your comments o!

@ladynice, updates removed, part will be reloaded this week by God's grace.

@all ye lovely people, God willing, we will continue our story later this week. I may not reload the first five chapters again, but I will load the last two updates and then we continue from there. I will remove each update after a short while. You all will have to be dropping comments so I will know if you've read or not. I will remove once I read certain readers' comments. I learnt we have to protect our work individually.

I love you all and I so miss you!

@tescoleps, have you settled down in your new place? Thought you would've redeployed to Ib.

Have a blessed week!
Yes I have. D stress in redeployment is much, so let me kukuma stay in ds village of mine nd enjoy village life.. How's ur research going nd how is our oga nd d kids?
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by SexySapphire(f): 10:16am On Feb 10, 2015
Yaaaay...thanks for deciding to continue the story. May God bless you for this decision candy. Pls mention me when you get to where we last stopped, can't afford to miss any bit of it.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 11, 2015
Oh dear candy.....how long shall we wait?
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 11, 2015
Ma'm am waiting o please kindly give me a mention
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by sammyomotola: 6:53am On Feb 12, 2015
candy:

its painful i miss d whole story mrs candy
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Cybershow(m): 7:38pm On Feb 12, 2015
Pls vote 4 me..am glad am one of the nominated person 4 best new comer award pls vote 4 me thru dix link https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/49#30663858
And u can read my story thru my signature post..pls vote me pls pls
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by stuff46(m): 9:30pm On Feb 12, 2015
SexySapphire:
Yaaaay...thanks for deciding to continue the story. May God bless you for this decision candy. Pls mention me when you get to where we last stopped, can't afford to miss any bit of it.

ermh
Tobi go come back fully loaded
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by teemanbastos(m): 8:30am On Feb 13, 2015
cool
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Kingblingz(m): 9:51am On Feb 13, 2015
I couldn't read any chapter of the story candy
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by larhami(f): 12:20pm On Feb 13, 2015
am a silent reader,candy u are doing a great work, u are d best ave eva c.God will continue to bless u.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by larhami(f): 12:21pm On Feb 13, 2015
pls don't forget to mention me wen u want to continue ur story.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by tescoleps(f): 10:00am On Feb 16, 2015
Candy where art thou? I hope u are fine. We no see ur breaklight... Shey alaafia ni? i hope all is well wt u? how's ur 'compulsory holiday' going. Pls resume quick o nd lets continue wt ds story.. Cheers.....
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 16, 2015
tescoleps:
Candy where art thou? I hope u are fine. We no see ur breaklight... Shey alaafia ni? i hope all is well wt u? how's ur 'compulsory holiday' going. Pls resume quick o nd lets continue wt ds story.. Cheers.....
I'm doing fine by God's grace, thanks for your concern. I'll update this week hopefully. I had a busy week last week and the zeal to continue the story wasn't really there, unlike before when I used to shelve some personal engagements for story writing.

You guys are so awesome, I really will update this week by God's grace. Keep following.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 16, 2015
Chapter 9

The weather had been raw since the early hours of this tuesday morning. several cars were parked along the road, with their wipers on and drivers waiting patiently as torrential rain pounded on the roof of the cars.

Drenched with the rain but past caring, he walked briskly into The Crunchy Kitchen, a new eatery that just sprang up along Mokola/ Dugbe. It sat between a telecoms company and a bank.

He walked in quickly and tried to shake off the water from his t-shirt and jeans unsuccessfully. The aroma of baked food filled his nostrils, he inhaled deeply like his life depended on it. Hanks spotted him immediately. He'd been waiting for him for the past thirty minutes, not minding the weather. As a journalist, he didn't joke with juicy stories and this one sounded promising.

"Hi." Hanks waved at the new comer.

"Hi." The man responded with a blank expression. Shivering from cold, he walked over to Hank's table. He was able to recognize him by his clothes and the copy of the metropolitan magazine he held over his face- as agreed earlier.

"I'm Hanks, from The Metropolitan MagaZine." Hanks held out his hand.

Taking Hank's outstretched hands, the man said nothing, just nodded and sat facing Hanks.

"Do you have the cash?" He asked, looking stern.

Hanks brought out a bulky brown envelope from a concealed pocket in his rain coat and placed it on the table, his right hand on top of it.

"N100K." Hanks told the him, "Now shoot...I just hope the story is worth my time and money. I raised this money myself- we don't pay for stories, officially."

He cleared his throat and sat forward in his chair, before he started his story. "Mr Tade Johnson has another wife in Osogbo." He dropped his bombshell and was happy at the reaction. Momentarily, Hank's hands flew off the envelope in surprise. The man grabbed the envelope and drew it closer to himself.

"Really? The same Mr Tade Johnson of the Williams dynasty?"

"Yes. She even has two boys for him." He said to the attentive reporter.

"Wow. Ok, where does she live in Osogbo?" He looked up from his notepad.

"Dada estate. I'm not sure of the exact address though."

Hanks looked disappointed. "Dada estate is big. Can you be more specific?"

"No, sir. I really can't."

"Do you have a picture?"

"No way! You are a reporter now, you should find a way to take pictures of them together. He goes there almost every week."

Hanks shifted in his chair. His editor was waiting for him in one of the cars outside on the side walk. "Give me a name or something, I need a more concrete information to make the story tight."

"Her name is Bola, that's all I know."

Hanks was happy. The story was bound to be a hit as most people were eager to read scandalous news about celebrity marriages. He was particularly happy because he had a bet with his editor that the Johnson/William union was a sham and was bound to crumble like a pack of cards. Now he won, though he expected this much earlier.

"Thanks, Mr...."

"Forget my name sir, I'm just helping." He said.

Hanks smiled as he watched the man "just helping" pocket his hard earned money. The story is worth it though, he thought.

They both stood up and shook hands again. Hanks left ten minutes after his source stepped out into the pounding rain...

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 11:18am On Feb 16, 2015

He closed his eyes , almost as if he was saying a prayer. Reluctantly, he opened them again and picked the copy of 'the metropolitan magazine' he had just bought at the junction. He scanned the front page over and over again. He turned the pages as fast as possible at first, then he turned each page gently. His story had not been published as he expected. He was shocked and scared; he had blown most of the N100k he was paid for the story.

He took a sweeping glance at his apartment. The place smelled rancid, the walls had stains all over- courtesy of his youngest child. His wife entered with a bowl of eba and soup. She set it on the table and watched her husband.

"What's wrong with you, my husband?"

"Nothing," he told her, "it's just that I'm considering leaving my job."

She stood up and asked, "Really?"

Without answering, he washed his hands and dug into the eba. The thought of him returning N100k bothered him, considering his reckless life. But he doubted the news editor will have the nerve to look for him and demand for his money back. He had given a sizzling information that the man had planned to publish for the past one week. Failure to use the story was not his headache, he thought. He shrugged his shoulders and ate with more vigor.

"Why do you want to leave your job?" His wife asked again. He had changed jobs twice in the last three months.

"Hmm, maybe I'll just stick to this one." He told her with a smile. This Tade guys must have serious jazz or he is just lucky,or why would the story of his infidelity not hit the headlines, he thought.

1 Like

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by larhami(f): 11:21am On Feb 16, 2015
tnx for d update candy,luv u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (57) (Reply)

Unplanned Love (imaginary Love Story) / Two Years To Thirty(short Story) / The Complete Assassin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.