Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,675 members, 7,865,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:53 AM

unHOLY MATRIMONY - Literature (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / unHOLY MATRIMONY (171567 Views)

The Matrimony, The Blessing: A Mothers advice and prayers for the Daughter / Holy Matrimony, A Novel / Patron Of Matrimony Shortlisted For ACT Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Fatalveli(m): 6:13pm On Mar 21, 2015
I finally caught up with you. nice one candy
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by zyzxx(m): 6:13pm On Mar 21, 2015
Candy thanks dis what av been waiting for...
Tade will never bend his head until he crash patapata his pride will kill him.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Calmdove(f): 6:50pm On Mar 21, 2015
candy:
Tade remained standing. "Tell me what's going on here, woman....
He sat down on the visitors chair and faced her, "you are my wife and I'm the father of your children----"

Tade let out a weary breath. His knees suddenly became weak. He pulled the chair and sat.

candylove .... U made a mistake of repeatation of word their*tade sat down twice
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Skimpledawg(m): 7:04pm On Mar 21, 2015
stuff46:
Exactly, abeg find me orijin my take cool my nerves
ssshhhshhs...no dey shout caw! mah babe dey toilet, mah go meet am! ...ask onemansquad 4 d kai-kai i drink remain!

candy mama, ai greet ye! wia d updates na
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by sammyomotola: 7:21pm On Mar 21, 2015
princessharde22:
aunty candy I av been a ghost reader bt I had to register to make dis comment.I must say u r an awesome writer & dat u r also wonderful.Can't wait to see d ending of dis story.More power to yr typing fingers.#team Wande
babe, that meanss u also miss "the web"
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kenwins(f): 7:36pm On Mar 21, 2015
Dinner! Dinner!! Dinner!!!
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Peacefulness: 8:03pm On Mar 21, 2015
kenwins:
seconded. Candy we know you have been busy preparing weekend food. Expecting my own share of the delicasies. Weldone o
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by tescoleps(f): 8:42pm On Mar 21, 2015
Candy i sight u! Pls give us weekend special nah...
Anticipating.....
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 21, 2015
Calmdove:
candylove .... U made a mistake of repeatation of word their*tade sat down twice
Modified. Thanks dearie, too bad there is no hug icon! You deserve loads of it.

Skimpledawg:

candy mama, ai greet ye! wia d updates na
Updates coming up tomorrow by God's grace

kenwins:
Hmmm...dinner loading...

Peacefulness:
seconded. Candy we know you have been busy preparing weekend food. Expecting my own share of the delicasies. Weldone o
Your own share of the orisirisi will be forwarded to you asap tongue

You all lovely people will have an update tomorrow by God's grace. Been busy today.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Peacefulness: 9:21pm On Mar 21, 2015
candy:

Hmmm...dinner loading...

You all lovely people will have an update tomorrow by God's grace. Been busy today.
kiss
candy:

Hmmm...dinner loading...

no wahala so far you give us double portion. Have a good night rest dear.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by sammyomotola: 2:24am On Mar 22, 2015
Peacefulness:
kiss no wahala so far you give us double portion. Have a good night rest dear.
u must like food gan ooh,
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Peacefulness: 7:36am On Mar 22, 2015
sammyomotola:
u must like food gan ooh,
tell me you don't like food. If i hear!
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 22, 2015
Am rili luvn d new Wande, lyk criosly she mapped out plans. More mb to u Candy
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by SexySapphire(f): 1:06pm On Mar 22, 2015
candy, we're still waiting for our double portion of food o. Yesterday's portion and today's. Thanks in anticipation. We love you.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 22, 2015

Chapter 27

"What happened to the result? Didn't you do as planned?" Bola asked her guest. She knelt on one knee, levelling with him on the sofa. He dropped his cup of juice on the coffee table before he answered her.

"Babe, I did exactly as planned! I should be asking the questions here, not you."

"So, how come the results came out negative?" Bola became restless, she stood up, paced the length and breadth of her living room. She was confused. She finally sat on her favorite chair, the rocking chair, but even the rocking chair could not soothe her. All the while, he ran his fingers through his beards. He was equally confused.

"Let me ask you something, Bola," he suddenly became serious. He sat up straight in the sofa, "Are you sure Tade is not the father of your children?"

Bola looked sunken, both in body and spirit. "I...I was sure," she cleared her throat. "I honestly believe they are not his. That was why I suggested the plan B." She explained to him.

He sighed deeply before saying; "I'm sure of the sample that was tested. I'm very sure of that. Since he's requesting for another test, I suggest you go for it."

"I'm so sorry dear." Bola knelt down, tears streamed down her cheeks. She wiped each silent drop with the back of her palms. "I'm so so sorry----"

"Babe, you'll be sorrier if the children are his and not mine."

"The whole thing has just gotten messier with the dna result. I'm so cofused, baby, please believe me. There is no way the kids are his!"

"Shhh...there is someone at the gate." He put his index finger across his lips. Bola quickly wiped her face, drew the day blind slightly. She mouthed, "Tade!"

"Tade!"

"Yes, I can see his car."

"Why is he here today? It's a monday, for crying out loud!"

"He has changed. He was here last week tuesday too..."

"Pinnnnnnn" "pinnnn pinnn"

Tade honked continuously at the gate.

"Oh, shi*t! I have to go out through the back door." He quickly stood up and headed for the kitchen door. Half way to the door, he stopped and faced her again. "Bola, I'll monitor the results somehow, you can't manipulate me like you do Tade." He left a final warning note.

"I can't do that to you." She mouthed as she disappeared through the front door. He slammed the door shut and hid among the shrubs in the garden till he heard Tade's car door slammed and even the entrance door clicked.

Running carefully, he made his way round the house, to the gate. He heaved a sigh of relief when he finally made it to the gate and opened it. He smelled the fresh air of freedom.

"Sh*it!" He slapped himself in the head. He had left his phone on the coffee table, near his half finished juice.
Cold shiver ran through him. Going back through the kitchen door will be suicidal, unless he was sure they've retired to the room. He checked his watch, the kids are due back from school any moment. He didn't want to be caught hanging around by the kids and Hope. He broke into a sweat and started panting. The phone will give him away within seconds.

He had no way of warning Bola about keeping the phone. Only one way left.

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 22, 2015
Thanks @ those who voted for me on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/55

If you've not, voting is still open. Thanks for your time...enjoy!

*had to use the voting advert to occupy this space...I double posted earlier* *winks*
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 22, 2015

"You look sick, honey!" Bola almost screamed at his appearance.

His tie hung loosely on his neck, the first three buttons of his shirt were loose and even his eyes that looked very bright and handsome in the morning, had sunk deeper in to their shell.

"Babe, I'm not having it rosy with Wande o." He squeezed his face, wrinkles appearing on his otherwise smooth forehead.

Bola moved closer to him, took his car key and briefcase. She put the items on the dining table and faced him. Tensions ran high. She feared the worst.

"Does she know about us?"

"I don't know, really. She is taking over as the chairman of the company!"

"Yee!"

Bola didn't know when a loud scream escaped her lips. Her second building was almost completed and she had big plans for herself and her man. Any attempt for Wande to block her source of income was dangerous.

"For real, she's there as I speak with you."

Tade quietly sat on the nearest sofa. A problem shared is a problem half solved. He felt better after talking to bola, even though she had no solution to the problem.

"Do you have a visitor?" Tade asked as he sat down. On the coffee table sat a half full glass of wine and a blackberry phone.

Bola didn't notice the phone till then. Hardly out of lies, she quickly moved near the coffee table and hissed. She remembered the new kitchen cabinet the carpenter hung earlier in the day. She picked the phone and pressed a few buttons, trying to change the ringing tone in the process.

"It's the carpenter jare. He came for his money." She was scared, but didn't show it. The phone had a peculiar ringing tone that will give the owner away. She finally succeeded in changing it.

"What a waste! You offer your handy men drinks?"

She managed a smile, "I do, sweetie."

"Hmm," he walked towards her, "Let me see the phone."

Just then, the phone rang...to pick or not to pick?

"Pick the call, maybe he is calling to check where he left it." Tade said

No, you fool...maybe it's someone that shouldn't know he was ever here.[/i ]She ignored the call and his suggestion to pick the call.

Again, it rang....

Tade sprang to his feet. "Hand me the phone, bola."

"Don't worry, I'll pick it if it rings again," she said, scared to her bone.

[i]Phew!

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by sammyomotola: 1:35pm On Mar 22, 2015
Peacefulness:
tell me you don't like food. If i hear!
more reason i survive naa
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Onemansquad(m): 1:43pm On Mar 22, 2015
Chai so it was nt a dream afterall
e don tade nd bola ni e oo

*bola game over 4 u*
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 22, 2015

In a desperate attempt to reach Bola before Tade reached his phone, he had quickly dashed down the street, panting like a beat up car. He ran straight to the first store where he saw a 'make your gsm call here' sign.

"I'll like to make a call."

"Ha, we don't make call. We only sell voucher."

"What Ok, can I buy N200 air time in your phone? I need to make a call and my phone is not here."

The sales lady weighed his proposition. Her phone had been stolen twice using this tactics. But he looked well dressed- doesn't look like someone that should even touch her 'palasa' phone.

Noticing her hesitation, he upped his offer, "I'll buy N500," he said.

She broke into a smile. Just as she stretched her phone towards him, a rough looking customer that sat quietly before, drinking a bottle of orijin, quickly offered his own phone.

"Oga, buy only N200, use my phone and give me N200 cash." He said in his husky voice.

"Mtcheew." The sales hissed at him.

"Why the shakara then? Baba alaye dey ask for your phone you dey do yanga!"

The girl eyed him from head to toes and once again, twisted her mouth and let out a long hiss.

"Don't mind him sir. Just buy N200." She quickly entered the pin and dialed the number he dictated.

On a good day, he would have found the scene that just played before him extremely hilarious. But today, he was too troubled to even crack a smile.

"It's ringing sir." She handed him the phone.

He took the phone and held it against his ear for sometime. It rang continuously, no response. He became very nervous. Has he been found out? Has the phone given him away? Sweat broke in his brows and he wiped the sweat beads continuously with the back of his hands.

"Try it again sir." The girl offered

He dialed the number again and again. Luckily, on the third dial, he hit mother luck.

"Hello," Bola said

"Bola, I left my..."

"Yes, please come back for it now if you can. My husband is around, I've just told him about the kitchen shelve..." She said, hoping she acted well enough to convince Tade.

He understood. The important thing is; Tade hadn't gone through his phone. Relief flooded over him and the sweat flow suddenly stopped. He even managed a smile.

"Ok, I'll send someone over for my phone now," he said, "thanks. Give my regards to your husband" He added for effect, in case the phone was on speaker.

He brought out a crisp N500 note and handed it to the girl.

"Deduct your N200 and keep N100," he said, almost in a whisper.

"Thanks sir!" She was happy.

He faced the orijin guy, "My guy, abeg collect N100 from her."

"Waa se re baba." The guy hailed him, raising his hands and stamping his feet.

He sat down on the bench. "Please give me a bottle of malt." He still had to find a way to collect his phone. He eyed the guy that had just finished sipping his small bottle of orijin. He looked rough in his work clothe. Sending him to get the phone from Bola was too risky. He decided to wait for a responsible looking person he could strike the deal with.

Within minutes, three tough looking labourers sat down next to him, two orderd for alomo bitters while one ordered orijin. He stood up and bade them all goodbye. Better to hang around somewhere till Tade leaves.

If he leaves.

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kingphilip(m): 3:21pm On Mar 22, 2015
hmmmmmm e go really bad for tade o this one wey mama wande don de keep track of am

candy tnx for da updates waiting for da last for d day
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 22, 2015
kingphilip:
hmmmmmm e go really bad for tade o this one wey mama wande don de keep track of am

candy tnx for da updates waiting for da last for d day
I've dropped three updates na! Sunday is always a busy day in ma house...church, visitors, outing... Would have loved to drop more.

@All, Keep reading, ya all! Have a blessed week, my lovely people. I pray that God will manifest Himself in our lives and in our Country, this wonderful week.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by SexySapphire(f): 4:23pm On Mar 22, 2015
Tnx so much candy darling, God bless you loads. The updates makes sense. Tade deserves everything he's going through and I hope they won't plan any evil towards Wande. By the way, you posted an episode twice.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by lenmafon: 4:36pm On Mar 22, 2015
thank u @ candy 4 de update we are grateful. how was sunday service?
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by sammyomotola: 4:52pm On Mar 22, 2015
But candy. We dont know d name of d new guy?
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 22, 2015
Something tells me this new guy is one of Tade's friends.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 22, 2015
SexySapphire:
Tnx so much candy darling, God bless you loads. The updates makes sense. Tade deserves everything he's going through and I hope they won't plan any evil towards Wande. By the way, you posted an episode twice.
Amen o. Yes, he desrves it jare.

Btw, thanks for pointing out my double post. I've edited. Much love.

sammyomotola:
But candy. We dont know d name of d new guy?
Chill, bro. We are almost there.

lenmafon:
thank u @ candy 4 de update we are grateful. how was sunday service?
It was awesome!

sade1:
Something tells me this new guy is one of Tade's friends.
Really? His friends are too decent to pull that stunt, don't you think?
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 22, 2015
I now believe Tade is a fool
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by harjibolar10(m): 8:24pm On Mar 22, 2015
Mehn, I feel for Tade ooo, the man is so dumb and stupid

Bola, nemesis will soon catch up with you ooo, as you can see 'the beginning of the end' of your (fake) dear Tade

Keep em coming ma'am
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by tfabu: 8:57pm On Mar 22, 2015
Wonderful update,tade aint seen notin yet
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kenwins(f): 9:06pm On Mar 22, 2015
Sweet sweet cand*y from mother cand.y...muah! Thank u loads.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Peacefulness: 11:32pm On Mar 22, 2015
Tade is a complete fool! How can he be so dumb, player being played. Good for him, he will soon prostrate and beg Wande. Ode! Thank you o jare madam Candy, you are still owing us one update remember o

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (57) (Reply)

Unplanned Love (imaginary Love Story) / Two Years To Thirty(short Story) / The Complete Assassin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.