Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,793 members, 7,862,625 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:10 PM

unHOLY MATRIMONY - Literature (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / unHOLY MATRIMONY (171537 Views)

The Matrimony, The Blessing: A Mothers advice and prayers for the Daughter / Holy Matrimony, A Novel / Patron Of Matrimony Shortlisted For ACT Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 17, 2015

Ibadan

Mama Williams sat facing the family lawyer in his office.

His phone rang. "Excuse me." He picked his call, then stood up and browsed through the shelves, flipping through, looking for a book.

Chief Ayoola, san, has been the family lawyer ever since the inception of the first Williams business. Chief Ayoola and Chief Williams grew up together and they remained friends till the latter's fatal accident.

He had over sixty young lawyers in his chambers nationwide. Two walls of his office were covered with huge shelves filled with law books. He was an elderly man in his late sixties but he updated his knowledge.

"So, mrs Williams, that's what my young barrister suggested." He sat down after picking a book from one of the shelves. He opened a page and dialed a number on his land phone. He quickly dictated an information from the pages and hung up. "He's on it." He assured her.

"Thank you, chief. I think it's a really good idea. I just don't know if my daughter will agree. He controls her." She told chief.

Chief smiled. "You own forty percent of the company's worth. You have hired a forensic auditor and here is the report, right?" He picked the report and waved it at her. She nodded a yes.

"That's the report. He has finished the company." Mama Williams said, almost in tears. "Wande doesn't even question him again! Each time I broach the subject, she tells me she knows what she's doing."

"Let's wait and see if Wande can handle it like she told me. If she doesn't, then we do it my way."

"Thank you chief, I really appreciate you. E se gan, even though I know Wande is a weakling, I'll give her a little more time."

Chief Ayoola opened the forensic report again and read a few lines.

"This tade guy is really bent on running the companies down! All five businesses, including the filling stations!" He said in surprise.

"To say she handed her sixty percent of my husband's wealth to him! She handed all the necessary documents to him. Now, I take care of her and the twins from my forty!"

Mama Williams sighed shook her head. Her forty percent share of the company is what she has been using to take care of Wande and the twins, yet Wande claims to know what she's doing. Tade had made huge unrestrained withdrawals that had been traced to a private account. The account is being investigated without Wande's knowledge. He had also bought cars, built houses and made unofficial foreign trips, sometimes with women, on the company's account. Thanks to the forensic investigation, they would have remained in the dark.

"About the documents..." Chief started saying, but mama Williams cut in, cutting him mid sentence,
"Wande trained in Harvard, she's very smart. Why she's playing dumb with Tade is what I don't understand, sir." Mama Johnson shrugged her shoulder.

Chief Ayoola placed a hand on her shoulder to console her, she was almost in tears. "Madam, your daughter's iq is above average. If she has decided to leave Tade to operate freely, she must be drunken In love or under a spell. We will handle this case, however. That's a promise."

Mama Williams stood up, wiped her teary eyes and sniffed. "Thank you sir, God will continue to bless you." She knelt partially with one knee, showing courtesy to chief.

Outside, Kevin waited for her. She had re-hired him as her personal driver, against Tade's order.

"I'm not Wande, and I'm not part of the sixty percent you control." She had stood up to him when Tade flared up on seeing Kevin behind the wheels of mama William's car after he fired him.

Kevin rushed to open the door for his boss. "Welcome ma." He greeted. "Where are we going now?" He asked as he got behind the wheels.

"We are paying Charles a visit."

"Oga Tade's friend?"

"Yes. We are going to his Iwo road office."

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 17, 2015
kenwins:

we are voting for "candy" dear. U still have the link ba? Dnot stop @ voting...u v to read dis story.
That reminds me,did u hear about the accident? Rotrs frm my district n 9125. They r fine now just d@ dey nid prayers for quick recovery.
Kenwins dear, thanks for the publicity as per the voting thread. I hope we win!

Sorry about your friends' accident, I pray they recover quickly. It is well with us all in Jesus name.
harjibolar10:

I couldn't fathom why you Keep taking bola for sade. ..
I guess I just like the name Sade cheesy

lenmafon:
what an elder see sitting, the young man cannot see while standing or even if he climbs the tree. tade a word is enough for the wise and at least there are people who are not in support of his lifestyle. you cannot keep chasing two rats at the same time and expect to kill one. thanks aunty candy for the update, how was your day?. mei don vote for u since!!!!!.
Tade is chasing two rats, I hope he'll let go of one so he can catch the other before they both escape.
To the glory of God, I had a fulfilling day, thanks. I hope you had a good day too.

1 Like

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by lenmafon: 8:24pm On Mar 17, 2015
following bumper to bumper! yes! tade is in for trouble. i just wish mama williams will not tell wande anything until investigation is over. thanks a million for the update. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, i be first to read this one * dancing azonto in my room*. many e-kisses to you mummy candy: kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss( tell me to stop or i'll continue) kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss wink
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by stuff46(m): 8:32pm On Mar 17, 2015
He deserve's nothing, it just the rule of playing. Play today and you are played tomorrow no matter the situation
prettydiva89:

wicked?? how? he deserves it

The guy is remorseful for his action but 'money' has a whole pack of him.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by stuff46(m): 8:35pm On Mar 17, 2015
Dee is my guy but yu were more influencial yu know in last month than him. He too knows that
kenwins:

if dee hears u. Btw, i neva knew u r a writer fa until i saw u @ d collaboratn

Novice
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by stuff46(m): 8:36pm On Mar 17, 2015
grin
Skimpledawg:

stuff, a writer? abeg drop d link! dt means dia is hope 4...
faw
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kingphilip(m): 8:37pm On Mar 17, 2015
like seriously?? wande needs thorough beating o

tade's is speedily heading to his doom o it's high time it's fast forwarded so as to make his eyes clear

nice one candy
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by stuff46(m): 8:44pm On Mar 17, 2015
Its just enough but Tade is just dumb
lenmafon:
what an elder see sitting, the young man cannot see while standing or even if he climbs the tree. tade a word is enough for the wise and at least there are people who are not in support of his lifestyle. you cannot keep chasing two rats at the same time and expect to kill one. thanks aunty candy for the update, how was your day?. mei don vote for u since!!!!!.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by codedbaby(f): 8:46pm On Mar 17, 2015
am out of ghost mode at last
ma'am Candy, this is a job Weldon. More strength and grace for u from above.

BTW I have voted for u dear.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by ayoi: 9:02pm On Mar 17, 2015
Thanks for d update,candy.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by harjibolar10(m): 9:13pm On Mar 17, 2015
What else could I have contribute, when my ma people have (almost) said it all....

Make I just add this two adages, which read thus;

"ti omode ba n gegi ninu igbo, awon agba ni won ma mo ibi ti o maa wo si" which means, if pikin dey cut tree for bush, na agbalagba know the direction where the tree go fall

"omo ti a ba n bawi, ti o ba n wa orun kii, o ti setan ati parun ni yen o" means, the pikin wey we dey scold and dey do one kind, mehn na hin doom hin dey call yen ooo

Tade, here comes the time
Madam Candy, thanks for the update
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Skimpledawg(m): 10:17pm On Mar 17, 2015
kenwins:

lol... Hope for who?
primary sch kids o! mah hear say Stuff dat caow writes
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kenwins(f): 10:24pm On Mar 17, 2015
RotrEmmanuel:
shocked Jeezz

I'm not aware dear. God will surely heal them for us All. #Sad

amen dear. Bt d accident was fatal lyk i heard oo... Sum went unconscious and sum got blood transfussion.... My drr n ds went to see dem days bk nd wil b cumin bk wit dem to lag. 9125 drr n ds tried fa... I even saw ur drr's comments and d@ of sum rotns.

Please invite ur frnd to vote for candyy.... Give dem d link dear.

https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/55
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kenwins(f): 10:25pm On Mar 17, 2015
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by zyzxx(m): 10:40pm On Mar 17, 2015
Aja ti o sonu ko ni gbo fere olode
Tade u must not listen to ur dad oo
U must be punish

Welldone candy, pls reset wande, as dis tade's punch suppose to av reset her now
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Mma22(f): 12:27am On Mar 18, 2015
stuff46:
Dee is my guy but yu were more influencial yu know in last month than him. He too knows that

Novice

stuff be writer keeeee, abeg send d link. him n oms wan crash nairaland again be dat. lol
BTW more inspiration to ur brain lmao

madam candy God bless u plentiful for d updateeessss. more greaassee to ur palm
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by folake25(f): 6:24am On Mar 18, 2015
candy:

Kenwins dear, thanks for the publicity as per the voting thread. I hope we win

Tade is chasing two rats, I hope he'll let go of one so he can catch the other before they both escape.

he should not let go o. Aunty candy i hope he loses everything o. Or because wande is a nice geh she should make him her driver after getting married to segun. And they all live happily ever after. Lol

1 Like

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kingphilip(m): 7:05am On Mar 18, 2015
folake25:
he should not let go o. Aunty candy i hope he loses everything o. Or because wande is a nice geh she should make him her driver after getting married to segun. And they all live happily ever after. Lol
driver ke
he should b chilling in kirikiri

BTW madam candy u never told us what happened to the exposed double life of tade who was behind this, the aim and purpose
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by dammyluv911(f): 7:15am On Mar 18, 2015
ur d BEST.pls MORE
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Peacefulness: 7:41am On Mar 18, 2015
Tade! I pity your life. Okpara nti ike n' ezu ike n' afo nnunu. Team Tade must loose all and chill in kirikiri. Mama Williams well done, your love drunken daughter's head go soon clear. More mb ma'am Candy.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by SexySapphire(f): 7:58am On Mar 18, 2015
Thank goodness that Mrs Williams has decided to do something when her daughter decided to turn a blind eye to her husband's atrocities. I just wanna see Tade losing on both ends and I hope the William dynasty will get all their shares and the money in the private account back. Tade must go back to his filthy background in rags. Thanks for the updates candy, waiting patiently to devour today's.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kenwins(f): 8:49am On Mar 18, 2015
kingphilip:

driver ke
he should b chilling in kirikiri

BTW madam candy u never told us what happened to the exposed double life of tade who was behind this, the aim and purpose
hmmm... D@s true ooo. Btw,dnt u tink it is a close frnd of tade whuz doin dis? D@ his driver d@ doesnt wanna b involved in hiss mess. He must v also tampered wit d dna test(nt sure sha) bt candy said bola's kids r replica of him. I believe that person wants him on the track towards Wande. Bt Gboye asked bola if she tld tade d@ d kids wer......(bola shot him up)...* i blv he wanted to say not his*

Na Dat Kirikiri Go Do Am For Tade.

Mk i no lie, i want Tade to change oo bt mk e don late b4 he change.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kingphilip(m): 1:49pm On Mar 18, 2015
kenwins:

hmmm... D@s true ooo. Btw,dnt u tink it is a close frnd of tade whuz doin dis? D@ his driver d@ doesnt wanna b involved in hiss mess. He must v also tampered wit d dna test(nt sure sha) bt candy said bola's kids r replica of him. I believe that person wants him on the track towards Wande. Bt Gboye asked bola if she tld tade d@ d kids wer......(bola shot him up)...* i blv he wanted to say not his*

Na Dat Kirikiri Go Do Am For Tade.

after he night have crumbled the company??

he beta change nw
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kenwins(f): 3:28pm On Mar 18, 2015
kingphilip:

after he night have crumbled the company??

he beta change nw
haba! I dnt want him to change now oo...
Dnt forget mama william and lawyer are on the company's case
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 18, 2015
kenwins:

You wicked o tongue
Make we pity am na!

kingphilip:

Trust me, we'll get there.

@SexySapphire and Peacefulness, let's hope Tade doesn't wreck the Williams before her eyes clears.

QueenTolpatx, tescoleps, ruffhandu, where are you guys na?
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by QueenTolpatx(f): 7:22pm On Mar 18, 2015
Hmmmmmmmm madam candy, I dey here ooooo just finished my ATSWA exam 2day dats y I'v nt responded and even nw,I just want 2 say """ eni a wi fun oba je o gbo, eni a soro fun oba oke je o gba, awi gbo lo fe pa Tade yi o" ..............Queentolpatx sitting back 2 see hw tade goes bk 2 nting... Soooooooo foolish a man...... Adupe oo madam candy
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by tfabu: 10:02pm On Mar 18, 2015
Waitinng for more updates plss...even bola must get her own punishment too
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by toykathy(f): 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2015
aunty Candy, no update today? We dey hungry o. Hw ur day?
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kenwins(f): 12:19am On Mar 19, 2015
candy:

You wicked o tongue
Make we pity am na!
i want to bt as it is, if he changes now, everytin go normal and every1 go forget d@ terror called tade. Serzly,we all wil forgt d@ obnoxious monkey doesnt deserve wande.
Come to tink of it, w@ wil apn to my dear segun? Noooooo,tade msnt change nw oo.
Btw, if humans were God, tinx go spoil die... If na God, e go want Tade to change nw oo....chai! Human being!

@ RotrEmmanuel, we lost one of them. RIP to Rotaractor Peter from Rotaract club of Egbeda.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Skimpledawg(m): 1:00am On Mar 19, 2015
stuff46:
grin

faw

caw
ai got Tade's bk...he is a niqqa!
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by sammyomotola: 2:46am On Mar 19, 2015
Keeping mute
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 19, 2015

Chapter 24

The drive to Ibadan was uneventful. The highway was free as only few motorists were on the road on that sunday. It was mothering sunday. He had celebrated the day with Bola and the kids in Oshogbo, even attended church service with them.

He had called Dr Bel to ask if there is any possibility of getting a false DNA report. Dr Bel had assured him it can only happen if there is a mis handling of the samples. He had even called Charles and Josh, seeking their opinions. Both have voiced their believe that the result seemed right, but agreed he could go ahead and test again. This time, he planned to have the samples taken right inside the DNA Diagnostics centre in Lagos.

As he drove into the city of ibadan through iwo road, he decided to go through gate and find his way to the new cocoa mall at Dugbe. The drive through gate was a sharp contrast to what he had on the highway. He carefully navigated his way through the rowdy danfos and okada riders.

At five thirty pm, he pulled up at cocoa mall car park. Swinging his keys, he whistled a tune under his breath as he strolled inside the shopping mall. Tade almost ran into wande, who was heading out the main doors, arms linked with Segun's. He didn't notice the twins.

"I see...," he said, sliding a look at Segun. "You are now bold enough to come shopping with your boyfriend, in broad day light!"

Stiffening her back, ready for attack, she moved out of his way, letting go of Segun's comforting arms in the process. In her mind's eye, wande imagined his slap, or had he actually slapped her?

"Hello, Mr Tade," Segun stretched his hand towards him for a handshake. Tade didn't bother taking his outstretched hand. He was furious.

"Where are my children?" He asked. "I hope you had the decency of mind to leave them behind and not expose them to your philandering." He said angrily, angling his head to stare at her. Segun noticed how scared she was and decided to step in for her.

"The children are safe, they are with their grandmother." He said, half expecting him to lash out at her or even him. Though bigger and more fit than Tade, Segun had tried to avoid the scorned husband several times. Earlier in the day, he had called to wish Wande a happy mother's day celebration after church service. He had detected her loneliness somehow, and had decided to take her out to liven up her mood.

"So, you are now the caretaker?" Tade asked, voice raised. By then, a few shoppers were beginning to take in the scene and a small crowd of unlookers was forming. Wande felt like disappearing. She could already imagine the blogs and even one or two gossip magazines. She had not made the news in almost one year now, except for one or two business deals.

"Are you deaf?" Tade was obviously enjoying the scene, as he raised his voice a tad higher, moving closer to Segun, fist clenched. Segun stepped out of his way and proceeded to the exit, Wande in his tow. Tade's anger seemed to lose steam a bit.

He walked out the door with them, as he watched the small crowd of onlookers disperse behind them. Better to deal with this at home, he thought.

"Wande, in the car, now." He said as segun dropped the shopping bags in the trunk of his Ford escape.

"I'll see you later, Wande." Segun said calmly. He was too much of a gentleman to cause trouble for her.

Wande didn't answer. She walked behind Tade to his car, parked about 200 meters away from Segun's. She sat quietly and starred into space. She was scared of what awaited her at home, even though she knew she had to free herself from his bondage.

"The twins are with my mum, let's pick them." She told him as he started the engine.

"You this cheap hoe. What did he buy for you? I thought you had class and taste...this guy? Oh, I've forgotten he is Segun Ige-Ola. The heir apparent to the Ige-Ola's multi millions." He shook his head in disgust, as if to show Segun was beneath him.

"Enough of that, Tade. Don't blame the innocent guy. I'm not after money, if I was, I wouldn't have married you in the first place. And don't forget, you spent the mother's day with the person of your choice."

He looked at her, as he eased the car into the Dugbe traffic. "Are you crazy? I've been working my ass out in PH since tuesday, now you have the gut to tell me nonsense?"

She kept mute. Anything to avoid being slapped. Apparently, she was too late. He parked the car and gave her two thundering slaps, rendering her temporarily deaf. She cringed and held her smarting cheeks as she moved away from him as much as possible, leaning on the door, tears streaming down her face.

"Tade! You are----"

"Shut the h*ell up, Wande. That's for having the gut to cheat on me to my face."

He hissed and slowly eased his way back on the busy road leading to Onireke, GRA. He remained in the car while she picked the twins. The drive home was uneventful as the twins were fast asleep in their car seats.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (57) (Reply)

Unplanned Love (imaginary Love Story) / Two Years To Thirty(short Story) / The Complete Assassin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.