Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,498 members, 7,847,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:11 AM

This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful (6330 Views)

Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable / Why The National Burget Brouhaha Is A Blessing / Why The Buhari Certificate Brouhaha Is Plain Silly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by maclatunji: 2:54pm On Jan 06, 2015
BlackPeni5:

Only the courts can disqualify GMB. Even though a formal petition have not been written, the onus is on him to clear his name before such a petition is written.

Trust me, if I were in his shoes, I would simply ignore. The onus is not on him at all because he is not being prevented from running by what you perceive to be a basis for excluding him from the elections.

The better the quality of campaigning, the better the country will be for all of us regardless of political affiliation. At the moment, we have a very poor quality campaign going on. People are not even bothering to try to organise a debate amongst the 2 major candidates. So, what exactly do people want to be educated on as a basis for voting?

Sadly, it is we Nigerians that will be amongst the top noisemakers when Americans are holding their elections, analysing their presidential debates as if it affects the price of bread here.

When it gets to our turn, we begin arguing and presenting ridiculous arguments like "he had no shoes", "we have not seen his certificates". Is there something fundamental that is afflicting us thereby making us this way? I really wonder...

3 Likes

Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:55pm On Jan 06, 2015
maclatunji:

1 month to the election, you all screaming certificate, that won't prevent Buhari from running but it will prevent the electorate from putting both candidates to task. After the election, do you think whoever is declared winner will have time to address the masses or their wants? It would be time for them to govern, good or bad.

And whose fault is that?

1 Like

Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2015
maclatunji:

This is closer to the point. INEC is not saying they have an issue with General Buhari's credentials. So, what are people going on about on both sides to the detriment of issues of governance that affect all of us?

It is like arguing about a football player's nationality when FIFA has approved them as a player of a team and they are on the field actively changing the outcome of matches. It is at the very least foolishness.

If INEC doesn't have an issue, we the people have an issue. I know what my family went through in order to pay for my education. I know what I have to hustle now in order to pay for my children's and some extended family's education. We are not making those sacrifices just to hand over power to and be led by a fraud who couldn't be bothered to sit his exams.

Enough is enough.

4 Likes

Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by Demdem(m): 3:00pm On Jan 06, 2015
The truth of the matter is those clamouring to see his certificates won't even vote for him if he heeds to their demand so what's the point?
Sane Nigerians knows that this is no issue.
He should remain focus and continue to share his dream for a greater Nigeria.
To those fools that think the General won't campaign in se ss I hope u are taking note oooo.
Woe betide u if I see such nonsense from u again.

2 Likes

Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by Ngwakwe: 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
maclatunji:

This is ridiculous, what do we have a government for when you make going to court to seek justice look like detonating a nuclear bomb? It is better that we take proper steps to address issues rather than the macabre dance of the absurd that we keep engaging in.

What do you take Nigerians for? Stupid or what exactly?

Someone applies for an employment/office and submits an outdated affidavit, only to tell the employer or the interviewer who questions the authenticity of the CV and the affidavit to go to court instead of a more convincing explanation or authentic referral.

Statement of result has a limit and so is affidavit for retrieve-able lost credentials

4 Likes

Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by Demdem(m): 3:04pm On Jan 06, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

If INEC doesn't have an issue, we the people have an issue. I know what my family went through in order to pay for my education. I know what I have to hustle now in order to pay for my children's and some extended family's education. We are not making those sacrifices just to hand over power to and be led by a fraud who couldn't be bothered to sit his exams.

Enough is enough.

U sound aggrieved by not seeing the General personal detail as against what the law requires from him . Lamenting here won't help u.
Go to court and seek an order of " mandamus " undecided to ensure the general come and display it in ur household.
Hopefully this will solve all ur family problems.

1 Like

Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 06, 2015
Demdem:
The truth of the matter is those clamouring to see his certificates won't even vote for him if he heeds to their demand so what's the point?
Sane Nigerians knows that this is no issue.
He should remain focus and continue to share his dream for a greater Nigeria.
To those fools that think the General won't campaign in se ss I hope u are taking note oooo.
Woe betide u if I see such nonsense from u again.

Exactly !

Not that presenting his certificates will make those asking for his certificates to change their mind from voting GEJ.....the attempt is just to ridicule and portray the General as an illiterate...

I think the General has been very focused so far.....not giving in to the distractions the PDP and the supporters are throwing at him......

They've done everything humanly possible to deviate the campaign from real topics to mundane and trivial issues.

2 Likes

Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by Demdem(m): 3:10pm On Jan 06, 2015
ilugunboy:

Exactly !

Not that presenting his certificates will make those asking for his certificates to change their mind from voting GEJ.....the attempt is just to ridicule and portray the Gen as an illiterate...

I think the General has been very focused so far.....not giving in to the distractions the PDP and the supporters are throwing at him......

They've done everything humanly possible to deviate the campaign from real topics to mundane and trivial issues.

Can u imagine Ngwakwe, Deeperlifer demanding to see the General certificate when I can swear with my balls that even if the General has Straight As he won't still vote for him.
Is it wise to listen to these set of people but continue to move ahead?

1 Like

Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by mapet: 3:11pm On Jan 06, 2015
whirlwind7:
My thoughts exactly.
The annoying thing is INEC's seeming complacency over the issue. As the regulator, umpire, screener and what have you, over all electoral affairs, why haven't they come out with a categorical statement over the issue, and put it to a final rest?
What criteria and or qualification did they accept when they accepted GMB as a contestant in the past 3 presidential elections and what changed between now and the 2011 election?

Bros,

There is nothing complacent in INECs handling of the matter. The issues is as clear as day. GMB has sworn an affidavit to the effect of his missing certs. The lists of his academic accomplishments are in the public domain. By law, the affidavit is the necessary step to declare the state of his missing certificates. GMB has sworn an affidavit, making him liable to any incorrectness.

The Onus is not on GMB to show any certificate, photocopy or whatever. He has chosen in his affidavit to refer to the Military Board, the custodian of copies.

The Onus is on anybody else who is not satisfied to prove otherwise. The social media war on GMB is stupid and unnecessary. All that is needed is to write to any of the institutions listed to authenticate what is claimed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
Demdem:

Can u imagine Ngwakwe, Deeperlifer demanding to see the General certificate when I can swear with my balls that even if the General has Straight As he won't still vote for him.

There are some people that I've stopped taking serious on this forum......he is one of such....Mikeansy is another.

They've been beclouded by sheer and undiluted tribal and religion bigotry.

2 Likes

Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by mapet: 3:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
eagleeye2:
I believe there are minimum standard of Educational Qualification for everyone aspiring into an elective office in Nigeria.
I don't care what GMB has been presenting to INEC in the past, but if INEC is asking for his certificate then he should provide a proof of it.
Why is this even an issue? If GMB is given a waiver on this one, INEC will be setting a dangerous precedence.

INEC is not asking for his certificate. INEC had stated it is OK with what GMB submitted. I don't know if many of you guys are simply ignorant or choose to be. INEC has asked any dissenting voice to go to court and secure a court injunction if you need copies of the certificate....

2 Likes

Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:14pm On Jan 06, 2015
Demdem:

U sound aggrieved by not seeing the General personal detail as against what the law requires from him . Lamenting here won't help u.
Go to court and seek an order of " mandamus " undecided to ensure the general come and display it in ur household.
Hopefully this will solve all ur family problems.

To the polling station I will go. That's where it matters.
No need to go to court now. Buhari is not seeing the inside of the Aso Rock us he presents his certificates. Like PDP said, you guys can field an illiterate if you want. We calculate the miles after the race.
Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by Demdem(m): 3:14pm On Jan 06, 2015
mapet:

Bros,

There is nothing complacent in INECs handling of the matter. The issues is as clear as day. GMB has sworn an affidavit to the effect of his missing certs. The lists of his academic accomplishments are in the public domain. By law, the affidavit is the necessary step to declare the state of his missing certificates. GMB has sworn an affidavit, making him liable to any incorrectness.

The Onus is not on GMB to show any certificate, photocopy or whatever. He has chosen in his affidavit to refer to the Military Board, the custodian of copies.

The Onus is on anybody else who is not satisfied to prove otherwise. The social media war on GMB is stupid and unnecessary. All that is needed is to write to any of the institutions listed to authenticate what is claimed.

Their foolishness won't make them do the needful
Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by atlwireles: 3:14pm On Jan 06, 2015
maclatunji:

Who determines if a candidate is qualified, you? me? You can check,[b][/b] I have not bothered commenting on this certificate issue because I think it is just ridiculous. It is either Buhari is qualified to run or he isn't. If INEC says he is qualified to run and you say he isn't, then by all means go to court. But for you not to do so and keep raising the issue means you are not serious about this country. #QED

It is a joke on the people.

The party determines the qualification of a candidate. Inec has no power under current law to challenge any candidate presented by any registered party. Imagine a candidate without a birth certificate or proof of Nigerian citizenship. Inec cannot stop then from contesting.
Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 06, 2015
atlwireles:

The party determines the qualification of a candidate. Inec has no power under current law to challenge any candidate presented by any registered party. Imagine a candidate without a birth certificate or proof of Nigerian citizenship. Inec cannot stop then from contesting.

Lies....
Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
mapet:

Bros,

There is nothing complacent in INECs handling of the matter. The issues is as clear as day. [size=14pt]GMB has sworn an affidavit to the effect of his missing certs.[/size] The lists of his academic accomplishments are in the public domain. By law, the affidavit is the necessary step to declare the state of his missing certificates. GMB has sworn an affidavit, making him liable to any incorrectness.

The bolded is pure lie.

3 Likes

Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by atlwireles: 3:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
ilugunboy:

Lies....

what is the lie shocked
Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by Demdem(m): 3:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

No need to go to court now. Buhari is not seeing the inside of the Aso Rock us he presents his certificates. Like PDP said, you guys can field an illiterate if you want. We calculate the miles after the race.

Before the certificate foolishness, u are not for him.
During the malady, u aren't for him.
Only a fool will think even if he shows u, u will suddenly be for him.
Nothing has change and his private property remains private. Vote for ur Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by mapet: 3:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
maclatunji:
Amazing how people cannot apply logic to this simple issue. It is the same reason Nigeria is not likely to achieve its true potentials anytime soon.

Something like this happened with Barack Obama and Donald Trump but at some point Americans had to leave Trump to rant because following him on the issue would be tantamount to stupidity. The reverse is happening here in Nigeria, with people holding on to the stupid part and leaving real issues that affect them.

Bros,

it seems you've not learnt the height of stupidity pervading on NL......I beg, save your breadth, albeit your IQ for some worthwhile engagement.....
Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
mapet:

INEC is not asking for his certificate. INEC had stated it is OK with what GMB submitted. I don't know if many of you guys are simply ignorant or choose to be. INEC has asked any dissenting voice to go to court and secure a court injunction if you need copies of the certificate....

Which is correct. The wahala is if he wins, (highly improbable). Then PDP will go to court and until the case is resolved, Jonathan is not handing over.....

CIA might be right afterall.
Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

Are you God?

The most you can do on that day is to vote against him...and your one vote can't stop him if he is destined to become the President.

BTW...he has seen the inner chambers of Aso Rock countless times......the question is...have you ever been to the first gate?

1 Like

Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:21pm On Jan 06, 2015
Demdem:

Before the certificate foolishness, u are not for him.
During the malady, u aren't for him.
Only a fool will think even if he shows u, u will suddenly be for him.
Nothing has change and his private property remains private. Vote for ur Jonathan.

Call us daft and clueless but you are showcasing your naivety for everyone to see. If you think campaigns are made to win over staunch voters of the opposition party, you are really the clueless one.

1 Like

Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2015
ilugunboy:

Are you God?

The most you can do on that day is to vote against him...and your one vote can't stop him if he is destined to become the President.

BTW...he has seen the inner chambers of Aso Rock countless times......the question is...have you ever been to the first gate?

Why do we have to explain everything to these free-education kids?
Maybe that's why they are following the illiterate fellow; he's easier for them to understand.
Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by mapet: 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2015
Unfortunately, I'm not too persuaded to engage you in discussion going by the trend of your jaundiced interpretation, but let me humour "me"......

Bros, the reality is, when he wins, Jonathan is on the one-way ticket to Otuoke....... grin grin grin grin grin grin. Well except PDP lot are dumb as you lot's line of argument, such case in court will be flung out like trash

AlfaSeltzer:

Which is correct. The wahala is if he wins, (highly improbable). Then PDP will go to court and until the case is resolved, Jonathan is not handing over.....

CIA might be right afterall.
Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by Demdem(m): 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

Call us daft and clueless but you are showcasing your naivety for everyone to see. If you think campaigns are made to win over staunch voters of the opposition party, you are really the clueless one.

Actually only staunch voters of the killer party are vocal about it.
Sane Nigerians knows this is no issue. Can u see the reason why ur kind should be ignored?

2 Likes

Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 06, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

[s]Why do we have to explain everything to these free-education kids?
Maybe that's why they are following the illiterate fellow; he's easier for them to understand[/s].

Cast your one vote (that is if you are in possession of a PVC) next month for GEJ and stop shouting around for GMB certificates that would not sway your opinion if shove into your face.

2 Likes

Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by Adminisher: 3:33pm On Jan 06, 2015
gregg2:

President Jonathan made a 2nd class (upper) from Uniport.
His MSc and Phd certificates are all available.
Buhari should show his certificates

This is idiotic. You are talking lower middle class thrash and distracting your self and the candidate you are supporting. Buhari has met all he requirements for previous elections and he has met this one. He is a qualified Nigerian military officer which is equivalent to B.Sc and has attended a lot of military strategy and leadership courses equivalent to higher degrees. However he has nit claimed any paper qualifications because they are not relevant to the job he is about to do for Nigeria. Academic qualifications are so unimportant that we forgot that Bill Clinton twas a college Professor, Obama another college professor, Putin a qualified lawyer and so on. Only low minded people scared about imminent and total defeat and the setting of history of their candidate as the first elected president to hand over to an opposing candidate are bringing this up to confuse the discourse.

It is ironic that cowardly supporters of a weak kneed president who was too scared to step into office of President six years ago after being thoroughly marginalised by a WOMAN, Turai Yaradua are now the ones trying out amateurish mediocre ideas to confuse the discourse and change topics from the current ones about corruption, incompetence, lack of presidential carriage, lack of honour and disrespect of pdf 've by the incumbent.

1 Like

Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by Ngwakwe: 3:38pm On Jan 06, 2015
Demdem:

Is he going to be president of his supporters alone?

The total resentment and rejection of any criticism, debate, or discussion that would probe the suitability or otherwise of any presidential candidate including Buhari by their supporters is bad for democracy.

You are not only promoting Buhari, you are trying to shovel the man down our throats without option of yes or no. Those of us with different opinions about Buhari are on the receiving end of losing our right to free expressions.

2015 is providing a marvellous case study of leadership samples amidst a difficult situation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by mapet: 3:38pm On Jan 06, 2015
The truth is that the PDP lapdogs have run out of Ideas, defence and innovation. Everything has failed. Check the list

1. Reno a.k.a Wendel Simlin wrote a fake article linking SLS to Boko Haram. As usual, PDP keeps keeping incomplete IQ individuals. A whole Special Assistant to the President on Online media, never knew that there's something called Meta-data, that gives the trail of the origin of documents, computers and networks.

2. Ruben Abatti should probably have been cooling his behind in some debt ridden filth, if not for the magnanimity of GMB. Abati published an article lying that GMB directed violence of the 2011 election. When GMB laid a 1Billion Naira suit on Abati and Guardian for Defamation, Abati ran to Jona, who had to beg GMB for forgiveness

3. After all the shameless spins that did not work, PDP lapdog has come up with the stupidity of the certificate saga. The PDP themselves know the folly of this action, hence they've stated they are not interested in pursuing a dead end.

On the other hand, PDP keep distracting themselves. The APC have published there manifesto. Where is the PDPs I would have thought by now we will be having series of debates, so that parties can defend their manifestoes. We should not allow idiocy of the "Certificate sage" to deny us the need to properly assess candidates. Or are we going to have another situation where Jonathan will avoid another debate and choose to attend only the charade organized by NTA

3 Likes

Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:40pm On Jan 06, 2015
ilugunboy:

Cast your one vote (that is if you are in possession of a PVC) next month for GEJ and stop shouting around for GMB certificates that would not sway your opinion if shove into your face.

I wont stop. Our campaign is hurting you people. Everybody around me are only talking about this issue and it's not good for Buhari.

So, sorry to dissappoint you, I won't shut up.

A yoruba guy that I know that hates PDP and Jonathan has said he's not voting Buhari because of this. He'll cast his vote for some other person. That's how bad your party is hurting right now. No new support. Potential supports all backing away.

1 Like

Re: This Certificate Brouhaha Is Disgraceful by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 06, 2015
As a people, we know that education is the bedrock of development. Yesterday's men should steer off our politics.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira May Fall To N1000 Per Dollar - Federal Government / Jewish Leader Arrives Abuja For Nnamdi Kanu Bail / Ekiti Handover: Probing Fayose Won’t Be Fayemi’s Priority – APC Chieftain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.