Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria (83041 Views)

The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From / If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) / Why Do Igbos Especially The Anambrans Marry From Their Tribe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by dre11(m): 11:15pm On Jan 07, 2015
Jasi7:

U can try plateau state..their irigwe gurls and berom gals are cheap to get married to?....150k shld do.

Hehehehe

I don't want to change my mind like that..... Am going to make a proposition to her to tell her parents to lower the asking pricegringrin
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by kdfemi(m): 11:27pm On Jan 07, 2015
chaberry:
Gud things are worthy and expensive, bad things are worthless and cheap, so count ur teeth with ur tongue nd knw what i mean
abeg woman no b goods ehn dem b human I dont knw dey so expensive I take it has dey r selling dere daughters dat is y wen d marriage failed d husby go dey demand for him cash #peaceout

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by kdfemi(m): 11:31pm On Jan 07, 2015
richardjemedafe1:
apc are party of thugs,jihadist,mafia and rejected pdp
cabals,frm d onset i knew apc are desperate 4 power
if u guys are nt mindfull of this party nigeria go enter
one chance,bcus they knew they are bond to failure i
said it dt they is no smoke wtout fire apc are up to
smtn,hmm our vote is 4 gej,formally i hate pdp wt my
last breath bt d party has manage to flush sm bad
eggs out to apc dt bring me into dt party ,gej is still d
most credible man 4 dt post.
abeg wetin consign us wetin marriage and politics get together dem dey talk marriage u dey talk politics, common stop it

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by freenature: 11:34pm On Jan 07, 2015
grin grin Igbo's no dey hand out their pikin na selling dem dey sell grin grin na why dia dowry na die

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by kdfemi(m): 11:35pm On Jan 07, 2015
mkpakanaodogwu:
Correct about ngwa i went with my friend to collect list last saturday and the list was six typed pages excluding the money and drinks we spent to collect the list,the guy is from enugu state he was fuming that the money spent in collecting the list is enough to marry frow his town
tell ur friend he shuld take dat money board a plane to india..d bride pays d groom price...Bleep dis am going to india

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by necal(f): 11:53pm On Jan 07, 2015
freeman191:

Source: http://top10ng.com/10-expensive-cultures-marry-nigeria/

bro wot about Ehugbo people of Afikpo in Ebonyi State
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Aarondio(m): 12:29am On Jan 08, 2015
This generation wey 15000 naira grls dey.na even beg de parent go beg u to pay.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by yahx(m): 12:32am On Jan 08, 2015
freeman191:

Source: http://top10ng.com/10-expensive-cultures-marry-nignoeria/
no wonder their men dey old before dem marry nd no wonder ladies yakata#una go old na #una for write ladies fr sale
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by sirxbit(m): 1:11am On Jan 08, 2015
i cum marry one virgin gal from all this expensive village,tym to Bleep she say shes not in the mood.i swear fowl go beat lion that day

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Mordyb: 1:23am On Jan 08, 2015
freeman191:

Source: http://top10ng.com/10-expensive-cultures-marry-nigeria/
if you call this expensive then ask about the kalabaris and maybe bonny people (not so certain about bonny guys)

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Mordyb: 1:34am On Jan 08, 2015
funkiebully:
The money a yoruba spends on owambe party and ashebi will marry 5 igbo girls.

Quote me, I will show u evidence, enough of these misconceptions.

What are d things in igbo traditional list that people shout is expensive ? Goat, hen, kolanut, palmwine, beers, malts, hot drink, in some cases wrapper.

With 100k to 200k u can get all those items, compare to yoruba owambe wia u kill cow, cook rice, amala, ewedu, drinks, canopy, fuji musician, dj etc box full of gifts from Which she picks one, plus other marriage items.
nah I don't think any Yoruba wedding will be more expensive than a rivers wedding based on my personal experience especially in the wrapper department I saw some that were worth 200k on a wedding list depending on the family you marry into and most women even my grandma has those hi grade and they will it was gotten from the traditional rights

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by ibiso1986: 1:55am On Jan 08, 2015
NDOKI2:
What about the kalabari,, they are the. Most exensive in nigeria. They. R in rivers state
abeg help me tell am
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by nefertiitii: 2:01am On Jan 08, 2015
Mtchewwwwww undecided undecided undecided STEREOTYPE
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by ibiso1986: 2:21am On Jan 08, 2015
Mordyb:
nah I don't think any Yoruba wedding will be more expensive than a rivers wedding based on my personal experience especially in the wrapper department I saw some that were worth 200k on a wedding list depending on the family you marry into and most women even my grandma has those hi grade and they will it was gotten from the traditional rights
it depends on the tribe in Rivers state.. The riverine marraiges are more expensive.. Especially the Kalabaris

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by TRUEcitizen(m): 2:25am On Jan 08, 2015
datguru:
Igbo in general is damn expensive
For ur mind, wen igbo girl full ma state on prostitution everywhere,2mrw dem go say con pay 1milion...abegi
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Kirinwa: 3:11am On Jan 08, 2015
chaberry:
Gud things are worthy and expensive, bad things are worthless and cheap, so count ur teeth with ur tongue nd knw what i mean

That the bride price is high doesn't guarantee the girl's good and moral behaviour. Good character is seen in humility, contentment and industry not by being lazy, greedy waiting for your daughter to marry before you can build a house and a car.

Its over rated.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by preselect(m): 3:21am On Jan 08, 2015
faqman:

chai...
marrying ndigbo is too expensive...

the bad side of this is that many igbo girls remain unmarried well into their late 30s. . . . . . you know the rest

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Goldpeas(m): 4:32am On Jan 08, 2015
elantraceey:
i never heard of some of those tribes

NL is here to serve you better!!

talking about. the. topic.... I am very sure IKWERRE is most expensive.... *money for fish 200,000.....una wan buy coldRoom??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by justi4jesu(f): 6:19am On Jan 08, 2015
davdandam:
Igbo people and money chai at the end of the payments they tell you nna we 're not selling out our daughter o grin that's when you realize you've been scammed lol. Ndigbo kwenu

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:32am On Jan 08, 2015
Googleus:

VickyyB, so u b igbo.....
na him i come deh find beautiful wife since...

but am avoiding that list o nne...

''ODIKWA very expensive''
lol. Are u also igbo?
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Noneroone(m): 6:32am On Jan 08, 2015
donmalcolm21:
when two hearts are yoked in love, money becomes the least of their worries
...till hunger puts asunder.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by justi4jesu(f): 6:36am On Jan 08, 2015
Noneroone:
...till hunger puts asunder.

If the husband is buoyant, i don't see anything bad after all it is done just once. smiley
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Pauloot(m): 6:48am On Jan 08, 2015
Marrying these igbo babes so expensive simply means they are selling d child out....
Bcuz if I pay so much on her,then I will use her for wateva I want o!
U know wat I mean smiley
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 6:52am On Jan 08, 2015
kdfemi:
tell ur friend he shuld take dat money board a plane to india..d bride pays d groom price...Bleep dis am going to india
india here we come

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by PrettyClare7(f): 7:14am On Jan 08, 2015
ireneony:
hmmm.....since my dad is ibo....which means no nigeria man will marry me,? cry hmmmm...maybe i will marry a whiteman
but thank God am not from the list mentioned grin
nne you are ibo not jst your dad.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Ifebazz(m): 7:15am On Jan 08, 2015
chaberry:
How much do you pay for the air you breathe?
Worthless or selling of children to feed the others?

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Wisegeek01(m): 7:57am On Jan 08, 2015
Expensive and Non - refundable payment"
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by komek(m): 8:10am On Jan 08, 2015
davdandam:
Igbo people and money chai at the end of the payments they tell you nna we 're not selling out our daughter o grin that's when you realize you've been scammed lol. Ndigbo kwenu

Funny u.

Back to the topic. This is why u see those tribes everywhere looking for who to devour.

Someone said good things are expensive, pure lie. All na packaging. Those same gurls are the ones that will scrap ur head after putting them in ur house especially those ones that have little education. Go to Owerri and even in Lagos u still see these women that men had spent their fortune to marry jumping from one young man to the other.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by billyG(m): 8:11am On Jan 08, 2015
Woman na women go to other ethnic grps & pick a cheap & good wives.they abound evrywher.all men want is pikin & good manners.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:25am On Jan 08, 2015
ireneony:
hmmm.....since my dad is ibo....which means no nigeria man will marry me,? cry hmmmm...maybe i will marry a whiteman
but thank God am not from the list mentioned grin
so because you marry a whiteman he must not respect your culture? some africans sha.this is the inferiority complex i'm talking about , instead of saying that you will negotiate with your parents or community on behalf of your husband to be you are here showcasing your self hate and low self esteem, in fact the white who most of the are more advantaged economically are the ones who should even pay the most ..thats if you really want to marry a pig
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:29am On Jan 08, 2015
Good things are expensive....and im pretty sure the women from those communties don't lack suitors tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

131-year-old "Iya Orisa" Living Under Olumo Rock - Photos / The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures / Ooni Ogunwusi Customizes His Rolls Royce Ahead Of Coronation (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.