Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria (83053 Views)

The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From / If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) / Why Do Igbos Especially The Anambrans Marry From Their Tribe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by ikombe: 6:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
One of the reasons i dont go near imo gals and abia gals grin

where my yoruba gals @ ?
Cheap and over quality.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by okonelfg(m): 6:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
wish to comment buh dnt speak english ah speak french.....anytin igbo gals na wahala hmmmm,i dey save since 2005 for ngozi bride price,e no dey reach sef........
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by InZA: 6:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
If X = number of Single Eligible ladies in Nigeria
and Y= Cost of marrying an Average igbo lady.

Find Dy/Dx with reference to x

100 marks angry

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by fydence: 6:08pm On Jan 07, 2015
VickyyB:

What OP listed, is a lie. It varies from family to family.
yea u are right about that
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Isiterere(m): 6:08pm On Jan 07, 2015
...can't really understand the essence of this post; is it to scare "US" potential bachelor or what?
Will rather marry Yoruba, Hausa, Fulani or Nupe.
Can't seems to understand this monetisation policy at all.

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Isiterere(m): 6:09pm On Jan 07, 2015
how much did you pay for your life?

ALL IZZ WELL
chaberry:
Gud things are worthy and expensive, bad things are worthless and cheap, so count ur teeth with ur tongue nd knw what i mean

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by eagleeye2: 6:09pm On Jan 07, 2015
Just like my father, I married from Ngwa land. Yes, the list may be expensive but a good girl from Ngwa land is worth that and more.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by donigspain(m): 6:11pm On Jan 07, 2015
half-baked research...
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 07, 2015
chaberry:
Gud things are worthy and expensive, bad things are worthless and cheap, so count ur teeth with ur tongue nd knw what i mean

I wondered if Joseph spent a fortune in having Mary as his wife?!

In this dispensation we are, bad things are packaged very good and tagged expensive, while good things are rare to find.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Aitee1: 6:11pm On Jan 07, 2015
Op how dare you include my tribe in your list...you want them suitors to run away... cry cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by natureblack(m): 6:11pm On Jan 07, 2015
Swiftlee:
You have a bias research! What about the Ogugu People in Igalaland. Kogi State. They have marriage cultural practices related to mbaise people. An intending groom is billed as high is 2M or more depending on the lady's academic qualies
you mean its now the suitor's responsibility to refund his purported father-inlaw the money spent for giving his daughter a NECESSARY quality education..... Wahala dey
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by zeb04(f): 6:12pm On Jan 07, 2015
Huh! What will happen those ladies who have imo and abia origin.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Stycon(m): 6:12pm On Jan 07, 2015
Interesting. Message received!
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 07, 2015
SwagForce1:
And yet I have seen Palm Wine Tappers, Okada Riders, Brick Layers, Mechanics, Shoe Makers and Hawkers got married from all these cultural groups.

dont mind the fool
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by 1Dray(m): 6:13pm On Jan 07, 2015
Expensive? If she's worth it and I love her, why not?
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 07, 2015
Lord save we men who have some interest in Igbo girls.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by cheruv: 6:14pm On Jan 07, 2015
that's why divorce. is frowned upon in Igbo land kos the lady knows she's worth much! smiley
am from one of the aforementioned tribes which is found in the Igbo nation but I don't intend to marry my tribeswoman kos I frown on homogeneous marriages but that doesn't mean my bride would not be from the Igbo nation smiley

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by legendsilver(m): 6:14pm On Jan 07, 2015
I dey madt to marry igbo lady? If all men can reason well and leave these ibo ladies till age 35-40, I swear na them go dey beg for marriage, nonsense.
No wonder them plenty for "I must marry programs inside church".

9 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Jayne2014(f): 6:14pm On Jan 07, 2015
A friend told me his wife's list included drilling of borehole, 2 bride prices, one for father and one for the mother amongst others. Akwa ibom state.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by NOIBMUUL(m): 6:14pm On Jan 07, 2015
freeman191:

Source: http://top10ng.com/10-expensive-cultures-marry-nigeria/

No wonder most sharp igbo guys don't marry from their own. I see

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Frankenstein: 6:14pm On Jan 07, 2015
chaberry:
[s]Gud things are worthy and expensive, bad things are worthless and cheap, so count ur teeth with ur tongue nd knw what i mean[/s]
So Mbaise women are better than all other women in Nigeria? Rubbish.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Kingslaw(m): 6:15pm On Jan 07, 2015
OP better remove IKWERRE from that list and replace it with KALAGBARI.
Ikwerre marriage is not expensive.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by command01(f): 6:16pm On Jan 07, 2015
veekid:
ahdonbilivit, where d Yoruba Yoruba pple dem?
we are not the hungry type

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by cheruv: 6:17pm On Jan 07, 2015
zeb04:
Huh! What will happen those ladies who have imo and abia origin.
you look nice wink smiley
are you from Imo

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by legendsilver(m): 6:18pm On Jan 07, 2015
Aitee1:
Op how dare you include my tribe in your list...you want them suitors to run away... cry cry cry cry cry
Sorry o! Is that why u haven't gotten married yet? Ur DP tells how old you are.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Elparaiso(m): 6:18pm On Jan 07, 2015
chaberry:
The most beautiful and wonderful girl in Benin is still N24......
You self count your teeth

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by 46arcadez(m): 6:18pm On Jan 07, 2015
faqman:

chai...
marrying ndigbo is too expensive...
The question is 'does the girl want to marry you' and if yes; she will take in and lock up, the parents will be the one to come begging

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by genieluv(f): 6:19pm On Jan 07, 2015
The OP forgot to include Idoma girls.
Marrying from some part of idoma land in Benue is as expensive as marrying from a place like Mbaise. Thats why u see them growing old in their father's houses.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by natureblack(m): 6:19pm On Jan 07, 2015
Aitee1:
give me a reason why a nigga won't go on robbery just to foot the cumbersome price-tag on his fiancée's head.....he can anything for love.

#despicable

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

131-year-old "Iya Orisa" Living Under Olumo Rock - Photos / The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures / Ooni Ogunwusi Customizes His Rolls Royce Ahead Of Coronation (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.