Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria (83037 Views)

The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From / If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) / Why Do Igbos Especially The Anambrans Marry From Their Tribe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Tarteenah: 8:28pm On Jan 07, 2015
faqman:

im talking about the majority...

OP! Same thing! Mbaise n all doz you mentioned are cheap when compared to a Kalabari wedding, whre just a wrapper is about 90K, and u hav like a lot more to buy! Thats d small marriage, talk more of "Eya / iria". Then bonny/ Opobo? Lmao! I'm surprised that ibo z in this list sef

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by stunningjudy(f): 8:30pm On Jan 07, 2015
All these people obsessed with Igbo bride price, have u seen kalabari list? Everyday Igbo this, Igbo that!

5 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 07, 2015
donmalcolm21:
when two hearts are yoked in love, money becomes the least of their worries

Na So
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Obaino2013(m): 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2015
dre11:
My Igbo people

I hail una ooooo
Nah una dominate the list......
And I be wan marry for una side ooogrin

How will I do it now, with all these expenses
Come and marry from Anambra, we are not expensive grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by cheruv: 8:40pm On Jan 07, 2015
ICHINONYE:

Representing the Nkpa here ,i don't tink our lady's re so xpensive to marry, its just d normal hear say hear say talk .........Ndi NKPA a na ma kele unu ooo grin grin
is that Mkpa or nkpa kos in Igbo 'n' can't come before 'kp'
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by LaurelP(m): 8:41pm On Jan 07, 2015
eagleeye2:
Just like my father, I married from Ngwa land. Yes, the list may be expensive but a good girl from Ngwa land is worth that and more.

But I heard their girls are unruly
How true is dis?
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Yusphull(m): 8:42pm On Jan 07, 2015
Jayne2014:
A friend told me his wife's list included drilling of borehole, 2 bride prices, one for father and one for the mother amongst others. Akwa ibom state.

hahhhhaahahahahaaa....grin grin

Igbo kwenu... Em like money pass their life
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by cheruv: 8:43pm On Jan 07, 2015
Urine:
Isn't there a law that pegs the bride price in Imo State @ 10 thousand naira?
ara o naagba gi? angry
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 07, 2015
Yusphull:

Our culture are related kind of joor....

Hop they won't wanna sell you too if I wan ask for ur hand in marriage...grin grin

NB: My experience with Benin girls are AWESOME...wink
No we dont sell our daughters...& moreova my hand neva ready 4 marriage oooo. grin
Yusphull:

Our culture are related kind of joor....

Hop they won't wanna sell you too if I wan ask for ur hand in marriage...grin grin

NB: My experience with Benin girls are AWESOME...wink
No we dont sell our daughters...& moreova my hand neva ready 4 marriage oooo.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 07, 2015
veekid:
ahdonbilivit, where d Yoruba Yoruba pple dem?

we dnt sell our ladies......we make sure we return dier bride price

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by ashir24910: 8:45pm On Jan 07, 2015
I tink dis wil trigger prostitution #my opinion#
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by chickpum(f): 8:45pm On Jan 07, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]
SwagForce1:
And yet I have seen Palm Wine Tappers, Okada Riders, Brick Layers, Mechanics, Shoe Makers and Hawkers got married from all these cultural groups.

Me too o,i wonder if they borrowed money 2 marry.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by tiswell(m): 8:46pm On Jan 07, 2015
The Ibibio People of Akwa Ibom State
The Ibibio people are found in Akwa
Ibom state and they are known to be
hardworking people especially when it
comes to the Agricultural sector. The
requirements from any man who wants
to take an Ibibio woman is a wife can
be said to be expensive because of the
numerous components that makes up
the list. OK,IBIBIO MARITAL RITES LIST IS RELATIVELY MODERATE,WITH 200K OR BELOW,U ARE GOOD TO GO AND THEY MAKE GREAT WIVES...TALKING FROM EXPERIENCE,BTW,AM AN IGBO GUY.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by LaurelP(m): 8:46pm On Jan 07, 2015
ICHINONYE:

Representing the Nkpa here ,i don't tink our lady's re so xpensive to marry, its just d normal hear say hear say talk .........Ndi NKPA a na ma kele unu ooo grin grin

Kedu ebe isi na Nkpa?
Abum onye Amaedukwu!
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by golddust6000(m): 8:47pm On Jan 07, 2015
Jayne2014:
A friend told me his wife's list included drilling of borehole, 2 bride prices, one for father and one for the mother amongst others. Akwa ibom state.
hahahahaha, dem wan use the guy open company of pure water, hahaha
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by corneremperor: 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2015
jbaby265:

who else can it be dear

Na to break bank then wink
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Jayne2014(f): 8:52pm On Jan 07, 2015
bushdoc9919:

You're joking, right?
Not joking oh. He simply postponed the marriage indefinitely until they came back to their senses.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Jayne2014(f): 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2015
golddust6000:
hahahahaha, dem wan use the guy open company of pure water, hahaha
No be small thing.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2015
Jayne2014:

Not joking oh. He simply postponed the marriage indefinitely until they came back to their senses.

I'm not surprised.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by donmalcolm21(m): 8:54pm On Jan 07, 2015
deracathy:

Na So
nice smile, nwanyi mbano. Hope the Mbano piece there is not true
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Jayne2014(f): 8:55pm On Jan 07, 2015
Yusphull:

Bros, these people are not Igbo.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by donmalcolm21(m): 8:56pm On Jan 07, 2015
Yusphull:

sorry every tribe likes money because money makes the world go round.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by cheruv: 8:57pm On Jan 07, 2015
Jayne2014:

Nne,ara gi vu otu ijeri! cool
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Jayne2014(f): 8:59pm On Jan 07, 2015
cheruv:

Nne,ara gi vu otu ijeri! cool
Please speak English.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Yusphull(m): 9:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
Midehi:

No we dont sell our daughters...& moreova my hand neva ready 4 marriage oooo. grin
No we dont sell our daughters...& moreova my hand neva ready 4 marriage oooo.
Likewise myself... BTW, you just have to start from somewhere coz you can't just wake up one day and get married the following day..

Marriage is not a day job...
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by cheruv: 9:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
Jayne2014:

Please speak English.
Ndo...which tribe are you?
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by hyfr(m): 9:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
stayblack:
OK,THAT WHY MANY ARE TOO OLD,AND COME TO LAGOS TO SELL THEIR BODY FOR MONEY.IGNORANCE.BUHARI FOR PRESIDENT.
get a life

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Yusphull(m): 9:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
Jayne2014:

Bros, these people are not Igbo.

Are you telling Akwa Ibom and IMO are not Igbo?? undecided

BTW, which tribe are you??
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Yusphull(m): 9:13pm On Jan 07, 2015
donmalcolm21:
sorry every tribe likes money because money makes the world go round.

Agreed but it shouldn't be this exorbitant... Igbo's are synonymous to money...
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by ICHINONYE(m): 9:18pm On Jan 07, 2015
LaurelP:

Kedu ebe isi na Nkpa?
Abum onye Amaedukwu!

Nwa na abum onye Agbiyi Umuede Nkpa ,a name keli gii oo
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by maurizjavah(m): 9:20pm On Jan 07, 2015
@ freeman, ur write up on OGOJA is not through. becos am frm OGOJA. In fact if u wnt to know anything. About ogoja just hit. We as a matter of fact have the cheapest marriege demand in the whole south south.with 50k ur have ur wife. I can bet u. I plan many weeding last year and I know what I saw. quote author=freeman191 post=29568217]

Source: http://top10ng.com/10-expensive-cultures-marry-nigeria/[/quote]
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Jayne2014(f): 9:21pm On Jan 07, 2015
Yusphull:

Are you telling Akwa Ibom and IMO are not Igbo?? undecided

BTW, which tribe are you??
Wow! Bros, Akwa ibom are not Igbo. Imo is Igbo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

131-year-old "Iya Orisa" Living Under Olumo Rock - Photos / The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures / Ooni Ogunwusi Customizes His Rolls Royce Ahead Of Coronation (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.