Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria (83039 Views)

The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From / If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) / Why Do Igbos Especially The Anambrans Marry From Their Tribe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 07, 2015
datguru:
Igbo in general is damn expensive
No one is expensive. We are not commodities. angry

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Donbrig: 5:58pm On Jan 07, 2015
That's why most Igbo women are still unmarried, they are all tied down with tradition. We dont have to empty our bank account because of marriage. We would still need money to live a happy life after marriage. No wonder Igbo men are trooping to other regions in the country to get a wife at a discount rate.

10 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by fydence: 5:58pm On Jan 07, 2015
@the ikwere marriage.. pls is 1milla for one wife or all the women in that family...also how much is tonto dikeh then?

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Trafford(m): 5:58pm On Jan 07, 2015
Yea true but it depends on the family... wealthy families don't usually take list important

5 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by fydence: 5:59pm On Jan 07, 2015
VickyyB:

No one is expensive. We are not commodities. angry
something wey u pay this kind amount for abeg wetin u go call am?

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by iiichidodo: 5:59pm On Jan 07, 2015
ChristyG:
[s]hahaha,who fed u with dat cheap lie?u ave not seen expensive stuffs that pack up easily and dont last at all.just check d electrical appliances u ave at home.there are lot of expensive things that have little or no quality.this also applies to d topic,all na wash joor[/s]
#hater.alert...from southwest region..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Clefcentfelix(m): 5:59pm On Jan 07, 2015
Interesting, well that's their culture, I respect that

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by dre11(m): 5:59pm On Jan 07, 2015
faqman:

chai...
marrying ndigbo is too expensive...

As in you get am.......

I hope they have consideration for some people who haven't arrive sha (money never plenty)

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by merieam16(f): 5:59pm On Jan 07, 2015
VanTee20:
Na Forbes compile the list?
lol

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by SuPeRq(f): 5:59pm On Jan 07, 2015
Hmmmnnnnnnn

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by ireneony(f): 6:00pm On Jan 07, 2015
arttysticfyngaz:
Simply say you r igbo not your dad. This generation self, dunno why n how u r forgetting ur root.smh.
wetin be your own for inside my matter undecided

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by InZA: 6:01pm On Jan 07, 2015
No be today I don sabi say E don be for Imo girls.... Especially Mbaise!!! grin grin grin

Even if I'm drunk ten times over.... Nothing can make me marry an igbo girl undecided

Except the love wey I get for am don strrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong wella

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by kkkp: 6:01pm On Jan 07, 2015
No wonder dere men don't believe in love.....hmm igbo and money na wa o!

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
fydence:
something wey u pay this kind amount for abeg wetin u go call am?
What OP listed, is a lie. It varies from family to family.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Abbey2sam(m): 6:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
chaberry:
Gud things are worthy and expensive, bad things are worthless and cheap, so count ur teeth with ur tongue nd knw what i mean

Mumu

7 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
haaaa; this one is too much o,dey won kill the husband ni.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Abbey2sam(m): 6:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
chaberry:
Gud things are worthy and expensive, bad things are worthless and cheap, so count ur teeth with ur tongue nd knw what i mean

aswear you be fool, inshort you be mumu...

so other ethnic group whose bride prices are cheap are worthless and bad.......

why do you think the rate of unmarried young men and women keep increasing there....?

There was a time the government of that state had to intervene and regulate the bride prices

and you open your big mouth to say good things are worthy and expensive while bad things are worthless in respect to human being......lemme ask you; what is someone called your mother worthless because her bride price was as huge as all the aforementioned. ..
how will you feel......

[size=28pt]imbecille[/size]

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by natureblack(m): 6:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
SwagForce1:
And yet I have seen Palm Wine Tappers, Okada Riders, Brick Layers, Mechanics, Shoe Makers and Hawkers got married from all these cultural groups.
those sort of people might be billed on "high purchase program" (pay as you go)

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by spartoo: 6:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
mbaise xpensiv no b small
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by stayblack: 6:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
OK,THAT WHY MANY ARE TOO OLD,AND COME TO LAGOS TO SELL THEIR BODY FOR MONEY.IGNORANCE.BUHARI FOR PRESIDENT.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Damlesky(m): 6:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
My neighbor from calabar has 6 daughters, 3 of them now in unilorin. O boy see investment shocked shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Swiftlee(m): 6:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
You have a bias research! What about the Ogugu People in Igalaland. Kogi State. They have marriage cultural practices related to mbaise people. An intending groom is billed as high is 2M or more depending on the lady's academic qualies

6 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Ojochegbe1(m): 6:04pm On Jan 07, 2015
God saved my a*s thank God i escaped, tho their name is not mentioned here cha grin
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by NDOKI2: 6:05pm On Jan 07, 2015
What about the kalabari,, they are the. Most exensive in nigeria. They. R in rivers state

5 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by AltarBoy1: 6:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
ireneony:
hmmm.....since my dad is ibo....which means no nigeria man will marry me,? cry hmmmm...maybe i will marry a whiteman
but thank God am not from the list mentioned grin
If you profile pix is the real you, I will sell my fathers land to marry you.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
an igbo lady is worth whatever prize tag on her espacially those from mbaise cos you hardly see an mbaise lady engaged on infidelity.

@ops please what are the component on marriage list of oshimili south people of delta state?

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by millionboi(m): 6:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
Dnt wory,go ahead nd pay....jst one night(of sex) u wil 4get al u spent
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by JonCina(m): 6:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
"10 Most Expensive Cultures to Marry from in Nigeria" yet no indication of the actual amount or the range.
I wonder if na beer parlour you stay arrange this write-up!

5 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by ireneony(f): 6:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
AltarBoy1:
If you profile pix is the real you, I will sell my fathers land to marry you.
that's me on my profile pix

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by gratiaeo(m): 6:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
Stereotype

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

131-year-old "Iya Orisa" Living Under Olumo Rock - Photos / The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures / Ooni Ogunwusi Customizes His Rolls Royce Ahead Of Coronation (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.