Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,471 members, 7,857,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 01:22 AM

God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting - Religion (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting (41714 Views)

True PROOF Of God's Existence For The DOUBTING Atheist. / God Please Wipe My Eyes And Give Me Children / Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by bindex(m): 3:30am On Dec 24, 2008
tpia:

you're too confused.

I thought you don't believe anything in the bible yet now you're using the bible to buttress your infantile rants?

I can't be more confused than you are.

if you're fighting an Islamist jihad then just say so instead of bumbling about in this irritating manner.

Who's crying over your calling God a piece of shit? I was trying to point out to you the fact that everything including shit has a purpose. For example, test God by refusing to shit for one week. Yes, anytime you feel the urge to poop, just hold it in and don't let go. Your prayer for God to strike you will be answered faster than you think.

It seems you're waiting for a thunderbolt to strike you down where you are as proof God exists and is annoyed at your temper tantrums.

hmph. You can't even command a cloud yet you want to command God.  Anyway, if you check Jonah, he has a similar story to yours- he asked God to kill him in the same petty manner as you're doing now.

Jonah lived inside a fish for 3 days, you forgot to mention that. opps I rember that I really do not have to tell the biblical god to kill me do I? he has killed millions already in the bible, including trying to kill his best friend moses. Don't worry Allah will visit all of you that mock him on nairaland or laugh when ever he is mocked and that includes you. Am out of here.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by ZinZino: 3:31am On Dec 24, 2008
Where have i been all this while and my favorite subject is being discussed?

All those castigating my dad should know that god has done more terrible things than my dad. god killed millions of people and my dad has only killed 10 people and its because god placed a bet with the holy one to see if he can wipe away jobs family but can you compare it with all the monstrousity of god from Genesis to revelation? Ma pop aint that cruel and aint that bad.

No god will ever come down from nowhere because he is sh@%#t
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by bindex(m): 3:33am On Dec 24, 2008
davidylan:

Bindex . . . what an unclever fellow grin
davidylan what a clever fellow you are not. undecided
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 3:33am On Dec 24, 2008
bindex:

davidylan what a clever fellow you are not. undecided

that makes 2 of us . . .  grin

You son of a shoe.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by tpia: 3:35am On Dec 24, 2008
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by bindex(m): 3:35am On Dec 24, 2008
davidylan:

that makes 2 of us . . .  grin

You son of a shoe.

Sure, you son of a shit.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 3:37am On Dec 24, 2008
bindex:

Sure, you son of a shit.

No kidding . . . u seem to be in a rage?  grin
One would think i insulted your god.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 3:39am On Dec 24, 2008
tpia:

Your dad killed 10 people? Was he prosecuted or did he get away with murder? You can't arrest God but your dad is still subject to civil law and can be physically handcuffed.

Read his profile . . . i doubt you wish to know his dad. cheesy No lawyer will take up the case. Not even the garrulous Bindex would dare his dad.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by bindex(m): 3:39am On Dec 24, 2008
@ ZinZino

tpia clearly does not know who your father is, but for starters he is satan the arch enemy of your imaginary god who despite all his power and strength can not figure out a way to get rid of him. He just keeps coming back.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by bindex(m): 3:41am On Dec 24, 2008
davidylan:

No kidding . . . u seem to be in a rage?  grin
One would think i insulted your god.

Are you talking about yourself? please go through your post incase you have'nt.

davidylan:

Read his profile . . . i doubt you wish to know his dad. cheesy No lawyer will take up the case. Not even the garrulous Bindex would dare his dad.

His dad is another piece of shit.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 3:45am On Dec 24, 2008
bindex:

Are you talking about yourself? please go through your post incase you have'nt.

no kiddo . . . after i post i dont remember you and ur ilk so i cant be in a rage . . . there's more to life than you. cheesy
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Kuns: 3:46am On Dec 24, 2008
Let's not argue, it's not about arguing a point.

This is about knowing the truth based on facts (all the evidence) and let's try and apply sound reasoning, based on our experience. If we are honest we will know the right from the wrong.

Even Jesus said in John 8: 32"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

In this context the keyword is know (not believe).  What does it mean? To Know or Knowledge is defined (Oxford English Dictionary) variously as (i) expertise, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject, (ii) what is known in a particular field or in total; facts and information or (iii) awareness or ,

Hosea 4: 6 "6: My people are destroyed for lack of[b] knowledge[/b]:"

Not Belief or Believe, If we look at it from a right knowledge point of view.

We need to know the difference between Believe and Knowledge.

The trick is that they are actually taken us away from the real scripture and what it is saying.
The world is doing the exact opposite to what jesus was teaching.

Religion is the form of believe is low grade satanism, this is what they haven't really told us it (the world) is doing the opposite of Jesus teachings.

We had to learn, to know the root of all things, All things including religion those ones that affect us and our people.

We are in a very bad state as a nation, a people, it will take many years, generations, to restore our greatness, the greatness of the God man in the flesh, I cannot see this happening in our life time.

When you see why things are the way there are the contradictions, the religion, slavery, colonisation, Partition of africa the reason you will have a deeper overstand.

Ask Question Why, what, where, when, how this will lead you to the truth, seek it you will find it.

There is truth in the bible, and also lies.

That's why they say "here in lies the truth", because in the lies there is truth.

Your job is to shaft the wheat from the straws.

Ask question, my job is to answer your question? The ones the Pastors, Imams Kohane (Jewish Priest) don't want to answer. That is my Job is to answer questions. What I don't know I will tell you.

Any questions the ones the scientists of the world and professors those people who profess to know, the questions they can't answer I will answer as far as is practically possible.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by bindex(m): 3:46am On Dec 24, 2008
davidylan:

no kiddo . . . after i post i don't remember you and ur ilk so i can't be in a rage . . . there's more to life than you. cheesy

Same here.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by tpia: 4:01am On Dec 24, 2008
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Kuns: 4:04am On Dec 24, 2008
@tpia,

that wasn't for you.

that was for bindex and davidlan.

They will understand.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Monicaa: 4:06am On Dec 24, 2008
@bindex, shut up! angry, even if u dont wanna believe in God, stop the name calling n stupid words, be careful what u say, it's like joke but u r taking it too far with the insults on God, sorry i meant god cos u cant be talking bout God this way

@tpia, true talk, let him go n stand in d middle of the road n dare God

@Daviddylan, keep it up! grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 4:37am On Dec 24, 2008
Monicaa:

@bindex, shut up! angry, even if u don't want to believe in God, stop the name calling n stupid words, be careful what u say, it's like joke but u r taking it too far with the insults on God, sorry i meant god because u can't be talking bout God this way

@tpia, true talk, let him go n stand in d middle of the road n dare God

@Daviddylan, keep it up! grin

Won tun ti de o, he won't stand in the middle of the road because physics says the momentum of a vehicle will kill him and mathematics indicate that the probability of him getting hit is very high.
No be una talk say una get God wey fit do everything.
Go stand there and let us see if your God will save you or better still let your God come down to stand in the middle of the road if the laws of physics no go catch am.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by GL(f): 4:39am On Dec 24, 2008
@ topic, God already came down once but most people didnt believe. they ended up crucifying him and that was a nation that believed in his existence and were expecting him. how much more now that people dont even believe he exists, i dont think it would change much. i think it's better for him to reveal his self to non-believing people personally. i've heard people give testimonies of getting convicted personally by God. that might work better.

besides i think the idea of faith is believing (putting all your hopes, trust) in a God you've never seen. so there would be no faith if God had to come and physically convince everyone that he is real.

i really dont see why people should quarrel over this issue. if you believe in God, good for you. if you don't, good for you. the world is largely secular and so no one is under any compulsion to have a religion.  no need to insult someone for having a different opinion. just as you think your opinion is the right one, the other person also has a strong belief in his opinion.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Kuns: 4:58am On Dec 24, 2008
GL, It was not Jesus, that was cruxified on the cross according to other contemporary scriptures that validate the cruxifiction story of Jesus.

It was actully Judas that was Cruxified, according to Jesus Brother Barnabas, and part of the King James supports this (hidden of course, I know where) which also give a true account of thre treachery of paul, and how he creates a new religion. These lies of Paul are hidden in the new testament.

How[b] he lied about  the Damascus experience[/b], the law of the torah which Jesus followed, and his association with the other apostle.

It's all there in black and white for all to see. Ask and I will show you, provided you have a open mind you will see, that's all I ask.

What you also have to overstand is that there were also three Jesus's in reality (real life), whose story were plagarised into the New Testament by the Piso family.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 5:06am On Dec 24, 2008
@Davidylan

Where exactly did you get the picture of that stone? even without Radio carbon dating I'm a bit suspicious of that stone as it looks a bit too smooth and well preserved IMO and remember that people often falsify archeological research both from the Atheist camp and the religious camp, but let us assume that the stone was truly found what does that tell us?

I'm sure yu will gleefully jump to the conclusion that it proves the existence of Jesus  because that is what people who clutch at straws do but it actually proves nothing of the sort because the Names James, Joseph and Jesus were popular names in biblical times(at least I know that Joseph and Jesus which is a version of Joshua must have been popular names because of the important early jewish figures who bore those names) so it is not impossible that a family could have had people bearing those 3 set of names. I will still go ahead and agree with you that it is referring to the same Jesus what does that then tell us?

It still in no way confirms that he was the son of God, worked all the miracles we heard about, died and ressurected. The chain leads on and on and on fraught with uncertainties and probabilities that I'm sure even you if you truly have any aptitude to appreciate logical reasoning can see this but you are too blinded by religious belief.
Please be sincere with yourself, nothing can prove what you are trying to prove. As some of your people here have noted, it is based on belief and has nothing to do with fact but you are just too full of yourself to acknowledge that.

I'll build  a basic probability chain for you of both our arguments.

For your religion to be the only way that guarantees salvation as you preach to us
1. God must exist and           1/2
2.  he must be the God of the Bible and     1/3
3. Jesus must be his son        1/2

If we should assign probabilities to these and assume that in stage 1, there are only two choices(evolution and creation) then yu get a probability of 1/2. At stage 2, you get probably a probability of 1/300 (if you consider all the choices of Gods and religion available), but I will be so lenient and give you 1/3, at stage 3, if we count only Judaism and Christianity as proceeding from the old testament, then you get another 1/3.
So a rough (and grossly God of the bible biased) probability that you are right is 1/2 *1/3 *1/2 = 1/12

My stand is very simple,
1. God may or may not exist
2. God may or may not be the God of the bible
3. Jesus may or may not be his son

At every stage I get a 1 because I rather take the position that no one can prove any of those stages and I do have those that I consider as being more plausible but I lay no claim to being able to prove them in any way so the burden of proof lies with you.

Now, the floor is yours you can go ahead and prove why I need to beleive in your God or why your choice is more logical than mine.
If you can succeed then I will become a born again christian tomorrow, infact just like the children of Israel did to Moses I will even allow you to be representative of God for me.
But if you cannot, then you must agree with me that there is a very distinct probability that what you beleive is false and that all you have is "Belief" which cannot in anyway be validated.

The floor is yours.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by GL(f): 5:08am On Dec 24, 2008
Kuns, christianity is based on Jesus as is revealed in the bible and through the Holy Ghost. there are many other religions that have similar or not so similar stories from creation to the present but since we follow Jesus and the bible says he was crucified it's what we accept. it wouldn't be christianity anymore if we accept any other because his death is one of the fundamental doctrines of christianity.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 5:23am On Dec 24, 2008
tpia:

can you get any more juvenile?

why not test God by standing in the middle of a busy highway or breathing underwater. Make it easier for Him nah.

We have a lot of dumbheads on Nairaland, would this statetement imply a test of God or a test of the basic laws/principles of biology and physics.
No wonder why we never manufacture screw for Nigeria if these are the people we can count as Intellectuals.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Kuns: 5:38am On Dec 24, 2008
@GL

Kuns, christianity is based on Jesus as is revealed in the bible and through the Holy Ghost. there are many other religions that have similar or not so similar stories from creation to the present but since we follow Jesus and the bible says he was crucified it's what we accept. it wouldn't be christianity anymore if we accept any other because his death is one of the fundamental doctrines of christianity.

Yes, as practiced in the world today, however, what is revealed to us about Jesus through the Holy Ghost, the cruxi (cross)-fiction, were made created, invented.

We can still be christians, by walking exactly in the foot steps of Yashua (Jesus christ ) Only. The above christianity discussed is the new religion of Paul . Refer to Acts 11: 26 and I quote in parts "And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch". Do you know Antioch is in Syria today, an Islamic country?

This was Paul who called it christianity, his was a new religion, different from what Jesus did or practiced. According to the bible.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by GL(f): 5:55am On Dec 24, 2008
revelation from the Holy Spirit is personal. as i said, there are differing opinions but christianity is based on the bible's revelation of Jesus and the Holy Spirit's also. you have to understand that we believe that the bible is the word of God.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Kuns: 6:49am On Dec 24, 2008
That is the spell

Be[b]lie[/b]ve breeds doubt, because to believe a thing means you don't know and not knowing is ignorance.

Believe is what people do or say when they are not sure or don't know. This render people, and our people mentally deadly, spiritual ignorance and racially blind.

Knowledge breeds confidence, because you can believe a thing as much as you like and still be a 100% wrong.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:28am On Dec 24, 2008
28 pages still no God, I guess he is too busy?
Just one rational and logically sound argument that God exists just one, I will repent and be born again just one.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by ladoma(m): 9:51am On Dec 24, 2008
THIS IS A REAL LIFE STORY.REAL PEOPLE,REAL EVENT

At the end of this story, it gives you two options. I think you will figure out what option I chose.
A cold March wind danced around the dead of night in Dallas as the doctor walked into the small hospital room of Diana Blessing. She was still groggy from surgery. Her husband, David, held her hand as they braced themselves for the latest news.
That afternoon of March 10, 1991, complications had forced Diana, only 24-weeks pregnant, to undergo an emergency Cesarean to deliver couple's new daughter, Dana Lu Blessing. At 12 inches long and weighing only one pound nine ounces, they already knew she was perilously premature.
Still, the doctor's soft words dropped like bombs.

"I don't think she's going to make it," he said, as kindly as he could.
"There's only a 10-percent chance she will live through the night, and even then, if by some slim chance she does make it, her future could be a very cruel one"
Numb with disbelief, David and Diana listened as the doctor described the devastating problems Dana would likely face if she survived.
She would never walk, she would never talk, she would probably be blind, and she would certainly be prone to other catastrophic conditions from cerebral palsy to complete mental retardation, and on and on.
"No! No!" was all Diana could say.

She and David, with their 5-year-old son Dustin, had long dreamed of the day they would have a daughter to become a family of four.
Now, within a matter of hours, that dream was slipping away. But as those first days passed, a new agony set in for David and Diana. Because Dana's underdeveloped nervous system was essentially 'raw', the lightest kiss or caress only intensified her discomfort, so they couldn't even cradle their tiny baby girl against their chests to offer the strength of their love.
All they could do, as Dana struggled alone beneath the ultraviolet light in the tangle of tubes and wires, was to pray that God would stay close to their precious little girl.There was never a moment when Dana suddenly grew stronger. But as the weeks went by, she did slowly gain an ounce of weight here and an ounce of strength there. At last, when Dana turned two months old. her parents were able to hold her in their arms for the very first time. And two months later, though doctors continued to gently but grimly warn that her chances of surviving, much less living any kind of normal life, were next to zero, Dana went home from the hospital, just as her mother had predicted.
Five years later, when Dana was a petite but feisty young girl with glittering gray eyes and an unquenchable zest for life.
She showed no signs whatsoever of any mental or physical impairment. Simply, she was everything a little girl can be and more. But that happy ending is far from the end of her story.
One blistering afternoon in the summer of 1996 near her home in Irving, Texas, Dana was sitting in her mother's lap in the bleachers of a local ball park where her brother Dustin's baseball team was practicing.
As always, Dana was chattering nonstop with her mother and several other adults sitting nearby when she suddenly fell silent. Hugging her arms across her chest, little Dana asked, "Do you smell that?"
Smelling the air and detecting the approach of a thunderstorm, Diana replied, "Yes, it smells like rain." Dana closed her eyes and again asked, "Do you smell that?"
Once again, her mother replied, "Yes, I think we're about to get wet. It smells like rain."
Still caught in the moment, Dana shook her head, patted her thin shoulders with her small hands and loudly announced,
"No, it smells like Him. It smells like God when you lay your head on His chest."
Tears blurred Diana's eyes as Dana happily hopped down to play with the other children.
Before the rains came, her daughter's words confirmed what Diana and all the members of the extended Blessing family had known, at least in their hearts, all along.
During those long days and nights of her first two months of her life, when her nerves were too sensitive for them to touch her, God was holding Dana on His chest and it is His loving scent that she remembers so well.
You now have 1 of 2 choices. YOU EITHER BELIEVE THERE IS GOD OR DIE IN YOUR UNBELIEVING.THE CHOICE IS YOURS

Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by ladoma(m): 10:19am On Dec 24, 2008
DOWN LOAD THE ATTACHMENT ABOVE TO SEE THE PICTURES OF THE REAL PEOPLE INVOLVED.BELIEVE OR DIE IN YOUR UNBELIEVING AND ROT IN HELL
GOD IS REAL
HEAVEN IS REAL, SO IS HELL
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:30am On Dec 24, 2008
Is that the logical proof you have that there is God?
And david is here shouting that you guys use your brains?
You are all a disgrace to human intelligence, so God does not care about the children dying everyday in the war torn regions of the world eh?
Just ask them and they will tell you they know the smell of a bullet when its on its way to your head.
Please intelligent christians where are you?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Jarus(m): 10:40am On Dec 24, 2008
Jarus, the muslim quran has no definition for sin . . . infact "sin" in islam is a relatively recent term co-opted from christianity.

Davidylan,
I don't know the origin of the word ' sin', but I assume it's an English word used to mean breaking divine rule.

The Qur'an in many verses sets out rules of Allah which should not be broken e.g not stealing, drinking alcohol etc. How do I describe breaking these rules? If the word 'Sin' is the exclusive preserve of Christianity, the I'll change it to disobeying God. So,is disobeying God not same as sin?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by blackgucci(m): 12:21pm On Dec 24, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Is that the logical proof you have that there is God?
And david is here shouting that you guys use your brains?
You are all a disgrace to human intelligence, so God does not care about the children dying everyday in the war torn regions of the world eh?
Just ask them and they will tell you they know the smell of a bullet when its on its way to your head.
Please intelligent christians where are you?

do u care abt lions tearing down antelopes for food? no! you call it a cycle of nature, prey and predator, a master plan in process, then why shld God care if people kill people, to deny the existence of the source (God, light or whatever your call this phenomenom) is most unwise, man is not special we are just another product of nature,
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:25pm On Dec 24, 2008
Blackgucci,
Again is that your logical and intellectual argument for the existence of God?
Is there no intelligent christian on nairaland again, or is the smoke screen expert all you guys have got?
Still waiting on a rational reason to believe God exists and that he is as described by whatever religion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (34) (Reply)

Lady Leaks Pastor Aaron Finley's Sex Chat With Her / Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? / Father Christmas Keeping Social Distance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.