Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter (31070 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome's Daughter Carissa Sharon; Lovely New Photos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa / The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Edoblakky(m): 6:01pm On Jan 10, 2015
I went through the entire thread to see if there was an answer and found none.
I'm also surprised that many are commenting like this is the first time to see this topic.
Pastor Chris' cross over message is relayed in all the Christ Embassy Churches and to control the crowd coming into the auditorium, it is usually a ticketed event and you don't get the ticket at the gate but from the church. This has been the norm for more than 4 years now. To participate in the cross over service, you don't have to go to the main auditorium. There are satellite churches everywhere to view the service freely.

3 Likes

Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:06pm On Jan 10, 2015
Are we still referring to Christ Embassy as a church? I stopped seeing them as one a long time ago. So this doesn't come as a surprise.
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by africanqueen111(f): 6:06pm On Jan 10, 2015
I neva heard of dis o. Wonders shall neva end! End time indeed!
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by bolliejay(m): 6:15pm On Jan 10, 2015
Salvation is FREE........Jesus didn't collect a dime to save us!
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Frydae: 6:17pm On Jan 10, 2015
IF ONLY ThIS GUY knew how much his enemies are spending to make sure he doesn't SUCCEED in his Career, he won't complain about money given whn it concerns God! No matter who calls for it! He would only b concerned with honouring that name! "He's acting frustrated"!
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by kernel504(m): 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2015
damosky12:
Ignorance! An 'open letter' indeed. This is one of the things bound to happen. Persecutions! The challenge with many so called Christians is that they know too much. Whatever any minister of God does is criticized. Even if Jesus comes to the world, its evident, they ll still look out for HIS faults.
If l may ask, can you underline one statement that highlights criticism in this letter. Is your bible against advise too?
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by chccho(m): 6:27pm On Jan 10, 2015
Edoblakky:
I'm also surprised that many are commenting like this is the first time to see this topic.
Pastor Chris' cross over message is relayed in all the Christ Embassy Churches and to control the crowd coming into the auditorium, it is usually a ticketed event and you don't get the ticket at the gate but from the church. This has been the norm for more than 4 years now. To participate in the cross over service, you don't have to go to the main auditorium. There are satellite churches everywhere to view the service freely.
so wat u are trying to to say is that the fee of 1k was charged as a means to control the crowd at the main auditorium,and also as a way of discouraging people from coming in the first place?
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by notoriousbabe: 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
holatin:
Money can corrupt anybody even a nairaland mod.

no wonder dem no gree me rest
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by chccho(m): 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
pastor they jerry curl hair
pastor dey keep fingernails
pastor dey divorce him wife
pastor say self service is not a sin
pastor now dey charge 1k gate fee

isokay oooo

diye, diye ni, o shin mu eye bo lapo
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by notoriousbabe: 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
Edoblakky:
ole ni yin ole. Make una stop dat una cash and carry business for church o

1 Like

Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Topgainer: 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
Edoblakky:
You have failed to address the questions raised. Nobody said there were no Satellite Churches where the program could be relayed. The writer raised questions on the Biblical import of the activities at Love worlds particularly the gate fees. Can you raise a single passage from the Bible to support your defense above.
Would Jesus have done the same or approved of such? That's the pertinent question address that

2 Likes

Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by orbyrit(f): 6:35pm On Jan 10, 2015
Why Don't U Just Ask Rather Than Condemn And We That Are Paying Are Not Complainin
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Topgainer: 6:40pm On Jan 10, 2015
Frydae:
IF ONLY ThIS GUY knew how much his enemies are spending to make sure he doesn't SUCCEED in his Career, he won't complain about money given whn it concerns God! No matter who calls for it! He would only b concerned with honouring that name! "He's acting frustrated"!
Leave the musician guy
address the pertinent questions raised. I can assure you that the money involved doesn't concern God, it was in no way given to God. As a matter of fact, God looks at the foolishness of folks who were fore warned of men like Rev Chris Oyakhilome and others marketing counterfeit gospel, with no surprise. Yet in His mercy he allows constant exposure of the activities of such men for what they are so the wise will look and run from such assemblies

2 Likes

Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by JUBILEE2000: 6:43pm On Jan 10, 2015
donnie:
And the yeye admin quickly took this to front page ( if you like bann me) you will soon loose that job. I've been here since 2005. Who is etctera by the way? There were several other meeting points even in Lagos. The church has several hundreds of thousands of members in Lagos alone yet the venue takes just about 20-25 thousand. The message was viewed everywhere, on several sstlites, internet etc. I participated from Calabar and great things took place there as well.

Pastor Chris and ChristEmbassy are known to do so much for the public free of charge. More than 90% of attendees at the healing school are non members and its absolutely free. Ministers conferences, FREE. Community projects every first Octeber across 36 states of Nigeria, FREE. inner city mission schools offering education, feeding clothing, accomodation to street children etc FREE. You did not see that to bring to front page. So you think #25,000,000 is what CE will need 25,000 people to raise? Use your head man, Just 4-5 people in the church can come together and raise that money.

There is a church administration. They know what the funds collected are for. Christ Embassy is not crooked simply because your crooked mind imagines it to be. How many times have you heard the church raised funds in crusades or in outreach meetings like many others do? Nigerians already trust the ministry cos their good work speaks for itself everywhere. Open letter to Pastor Chris indeed. . . May your plan fail and may the purpose of the one who sent you not see the light of day.

may God open ur eyes of understanding
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Topgainer: 6:46pm On Jan 10, 2015
chccho:
pastor they jerry curl hair
pastor dey keep fingernails
pastor dey divorce him wife
pastor say self service is not a sin
pastor now dey charge 1k gate fee

isokay oooo

diye, diye ni, o shin mu eye bo lapo
God allowed all these fruits to be seen so the wise will do the needful but fools will continue that the scripture might be fulfilled concerning false teachers who will nearly deceive the elect with counterfeit signs and wonders
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Originalsly: 6:49pm On Jan 10, 2015
Champele:
This people are just business men and women,i dont know why people still refers them as men of god.anointed my foot.
Tell them again... Chris the entrepreneur....saw a great demand...has an unending supply...sucessful businessman!
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Originalsly: 6:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
@Topgainer....when one can't find fault in the message it is expected that they either deflect the subject or attack the messenger. Whatever the case....the likes of Chris and his blind followers must grow andprosper for prophecy to be fulfilled.
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Originalsly: 7:04pm On Jan 10, 2015
Ewoma45:
dem don use both jik,hypo and all other detergents wash this one brain. Sorry 4 gullible nigerian "christians".
Lwkmd..u funny!
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by acidtalk: 7:13pm On Jan 10, 2015
Frankmishael:
Christ emberssy my Church I will die a member no matter what etcetera d devil say . pastor Christ I see him more better that Islamic MuhamMad

YOU HAVE BEEN CONDEMNED FROM HELL.
FACE YOUR CROOK, GAYISH LOOKING PASTOR INSTEAD OF ATTACKING OTHER PEOPLE'S RELIGION.

WAS IT ISLAM THAT IS THIS CAUSE FOR YOUR PASTOR'S DISGRACEFUL ACT?
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by 9jatatafo(m): 8:00pm On Jan 10, 2015
God Almighty will judge all men according to his works.
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by damosky12(m): 8:09pm On Jan 10, 2015
kernel504:

If l may ask, can you underline one statement that highlights criticism in this letter. Is your bible against advise too?
Bros, an open letter is not an advise. Rather, a disguised platform of critisism. The letter obviously does'nt look like one that ministers the gospel to unbelievers. Besides, think about it how likely is the target of the letter; Pastor Chris likely to see the letter? A critisism in disguise is what the letter is.
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by holatin(m): 8:23pm On Jan 10, 2015
notoriousbabe:
no wonder dem no gree me rest
mine worst Dan urs, I was ban because I argue with the President of nairaland.
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by holatin(m): 8:27pm On Jan 10, 2015
brito:

I see you
back at last, I may go back anytime soon.
how u and family maam
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by holatin(m): 8:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
Nutase:

The ministry dey move o.
tank God, hope everybody re paying their dues.
I wount be active like before
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 10, 2015
Charleen94:
Etcetera writes open letter to Christ Embassy head pastor Chris Oyakhilome.
Read below

http://www.inoreader.com/m/?list_articles=1&filter_type=subscription&filter_id=19249714&from_folder=1101333

So some "maroons" are paying N1,000 gate fee to hear their Pastor speak? Incredible.
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by NinoDeDios: 9:10pm On Jan 10, 2015
Many people who haven't gone to church in years or read their Bibles in years coming to sound off so authoritatively about God and His Word...
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by AKPOSbaba: 9:25pm On Jan 10, 2015
Dis etcetra boy know book o.he dey yarn d truth for all him write ups but naija pipo hate truth dats y dem neva dey celebrate dis boy.
If na my neighbours for here for washington,dem for don give d guy award.
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
Charleen94:
Etcetera writes open letter to Christ Embassy head pastor Chris Oyakhilome.
Read below

http://www.inoreader.com/m/?list_articles=1&filter_type=subscription&filter_id=19249714&from_folder=1101333
This is nonsense. Did jesus give him money to buy landed properties on which the church is built? Does jesus pay him or his workers' salary,what about expenses & maintenances which one of them jesus pays for? Why cant people of this day mind their business? If jesus orders them not to collect pay,now they are collecting,let the person that says they should not not collect pay come hold to account for their stewardship, if he is truly existed. STOP CASTIGATING THEM. IF U DON'T LIKE WHAT THEY DO STOP GOING TO THEIR OFFICES. The only think i hate is they are not paying tax. Even if they pay, can i gain any benefit? NO ANYWAY!
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 10, 2015
holatin:
back at last, I may go back anytime soon.
how u and family maam

Fine, welcome back
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 10, 2015
mynairatime:
This is nonsense. Did jesus give him money to buy landed properties on which the church is built? Does jesus pay him or his workers' salary,what about expenses & maintenances which one of them jesus pays for? Why cant people of this day mind their business? If jesus orders them not to collect pay,now they are collecting,let the person that says they should not not collect pay come hold to account for their stewardship, if he is truly existed. STOP CASTIGATING THEM. IF U DON'T LIKE WHAT THEY DO STOP GOING TO THEIR OFFICES. The only think i hate is they are not paying tax. Even if they pay, can i gain any benefit? NO ANYWAY!
This guy is one of them...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 10, 2015
Charleen94:

This guy is one of them...
I am not one of them, i am them put together. You hate truth. How much did u countribute to the building of the church? You are the ones going there looking for pastors' face, u are still the ones coming to society to complain. i tire o. u go say one pastor don divorce en wife,na the same u go talk say he don marry another one latter,u go talk say na third wife en marry so,another u go talk say pastor & choir mistress caught in an hotel,latter u go still na juju dat pastor dey use abegy. ears dey pain me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st / Meet Brian Deacon The Man Who Acted Jesus Of Nazareth / How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.