Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter (31063 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome's Daughter Carissa Sharon; Lovely New Photos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa / The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by kennyamusan(m): 4:26pm On Jan 10, 2015
Frankmishael:
stop spiting bullshit did god tell u its wrong ,u not in our ministry so don't talk what u don't no .we they members are complaining?
bro, like they say common sense is not common,did God say a Judge will go to hell or heaven,did God say a Doc that did CS on a woman that died would go to hell ? Let me help your ignorance a little ,there are what we call moral obligations. Will you go to heaven if u don't brush your teeth,would u go to hell if u don't pay offering ? Would u go to hell if u don't sow a seed ? Get a brain so that u would be wise, Even in the bible,there are duties to God,Man and society.
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 10, 2015
Thinkr:
no mind the mumu. The man children dey go school for better places with them rabba hin dey kill himself here grin
do I look broke like u? for ur info I'm happy in d ministry being part of d gospel. Im an engineer work with ExxonMobil u can have my pin to confirm 7E1D2D4C I'm not like u

1 Like

Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by vislabraye(m): 4:30pm On Jan 10, 2015
Sezua:
i thought this guy was a singer?, nowadays he write letter pass paul wey dey for Bible

Are you joking ? Cos I dont think its funny. They guy in question is first of all a Christian before anything else. Instead of you to kick against what pst. Chris is doing, you are condemning those who are doing so.

Pst. Chris is giving pastors a bad name. PFN should even call him to order.
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Thinkr(m): 4:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
Frankmishael:
do I look broke like u? for ur info I'm happy in d ministry being part of d gospel. Im an engineer work with ExxonMobil u can have my pin to confirm 7E1D2D4C I'm not like u
werey leleyi ooo. Because you work with exxon then you should do like mumu. Then why do you cause jonathan for corruption? Leave him let God judge him na" ode. If you Quote me again make ogun fire your gene. *Bites fork* am eating now smiley

3 Likes

Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Originalsly: 4:35pm On Jan 10, 2015
Hmmm...what's wrong with Etcetera?...why this letter?...is he hoping Chris will turn his business outfit into a church operation?...to put charity and salvation ahead of accumulating wealth? Something is definitely wrong with Etcetera.
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by TV01(m): 4:37pm On Jan 10, 2015
Surely the scandals emanating out of the church are the fruit of what has been planted? Intellectually there are all sorts of things wrong with the supposition as quoted, and spiritually it reeks of a lack of discernment .

"By their fruits you shall know them" - As a good tree cannot bring forth bad fruit, a good seed cannot produce a bad tree. You write a letter criticising the scandals and then bury (excuse the pun), the most obvious reason for them?

I write to you as a Christian who is saddened by the series of troubling news emanating from your church, Christ Embassy. I am worried that the seeds you have planted in us through your teachings may no longer germinate as a result of the numerous scandals coming out of the church.

TV
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 10, 2015
damosky12:
Ignorance! An 'open letter' indeed. This is one of the things bound to happen. Persecutions! The challenge with many so called Christians is that they know too much. Whatever any minister of God does is criticized. Even if Jesus comes to the world, its evident, they ll still look out for HIS faults.

The only thing 'bound to happen is: after meaningful, sensible, insightful posts like this are written, extremely stuuuupid and annoying comments like this come up. What else should we expect from a helplessly brainwashed Nigerian Christian?

Man of God indeed, biko pu' eba!!

2 Likes

Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Thinkr(m): 4:40pm On Jan 10, 2015
Originalsly:
Hmmm...what's wrong with Etcetera?...why this letter?...is he hoping Chris will turn his business outfit into a church operation?...to put charity and salvation ahead of accumulating wealth? [s]Something is definitely wrong with Etcetera.[/s]
No na you and pastor chris something worry for head.

1 Like

Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by majorfarms(m): 4:41pm On Jan 10, 2015
Wait oh, did Christ Embassy actually charge for crossover night service?...if na true, dem no try at all oh...but dat na dem cup of tea, doz wey attend and pay sabi wetin dem dey look for. shocked
Now, this dude wey una dey call etc...which song him don sing sef? Don't know any of his songs oh, but him don crossover to journalism abi him stil be musician?...this isn't the first time am hearin abt his letters. Abi him calling don change?...make I sha leave matter for mathias, wetin Chelsea and Newcastle dey play sef?
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by SammieRexx(m): 4:42pm On Jan 10, 2015
I realy love this thread..........In as much as I hate to critisize or judge a Man of God, am lyk d christians of Ephesus, who afta being taught by Apostle Paul stil search d scriptures themselves in a quest to know d truth.............I can worship in any church, anywhere but wil outrightly refute any doctrine not found in d bible......salvation from d beginning is and wil always be free. If wot dis broda says is true den CE has notin to justify such actions......but its also our duty to pray for these men of God....afta all they too are humans
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by dein77(m): 4:44pm On Jan 10, 2015
A very interesting letter written with a sense of love, empathy and concern.
Indeed some recent happenings within the Body of Christ have left a lot to be desired, but I believe things will get better. No MOG is above sincere and humble correction.

Digress: The mods here are very partial, and sympathetic to Islam.
Many of us complained about the recent Charlie Hebdo terrorist attack in France not being moved to FP, and these folks never cared.
Now they move a thread about an MOG to FP with the speed of light. Una well done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 10, 2015
Frankmishael:
Christ emberssy my Church I will die a member no matter what etcetera d devil say . pastor Christ I see him more better that Islamic MuhamMad

and what did Etcetera say to warrant him being called 'the devil'? Point to the part of his letter that justifies it!

Unless the Bible passages he quoted are equally from the Devil too, I see this comment as one of the dumbest to ever walk through Nairaland's bandwidth.

1 Like

Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by lolaxavier(m): 4:50pm On Jan 10, 2015
Originalsly:
Hmmm...what's wrong with Etcetera?...why this letter?...is he hoping Chris will turn his business outfit into a church operation?...to put charity and salvation ahead of accumulating wealth? Something is definitely wrong with Etcetera.

Wetin we no go see for NL. Which kind human being be dis?
Guy, listen to yourself, does your comment even make sense to you?
Oya take some seconds to read what you posted. If you don't understand things on time, just take your time to read your words one by one. When you are done, come back to tell us you were drinking origin when you typed your post...chaiiii
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 10, 2015
JideTheBlogger:
one of the beauty of Islam is that you can pray directly without any Alfa or whatsoever and you can be optimistic that your answers will be answered. wink wink So, if u try this rubbish, u wont even sell grin
I tot dt was d beauty of Christianity? Dont let me catch u and ur islamic trash o!
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Sezua(m): 4:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
vislabraye:

Are you joking ? Cos I dont think its funny. They guy in question is first of all a Christian before anything else. Instead of you to kick against what pst. Chris is doing, you are condemning those who are doing so.

Pst. Chris is giving pastors a bad name. PFN should even call him to order.
where did u see condemnation in my post? all I'm saying Is he should try to sing more and write less letters
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Ewoma45(f): 5:00pm On Jan 10, 2015
donnie:
And the yeye admin quickly took this to front page ( if you like bann me) you will soon loose that job. I've been here since 2005. Who is etctera by the way? There were several other meeting points even in Lagos. The church has several hundreds of thousands of members in Lagos alone yet the venue takes just about 20-25 thousand. The message was viewed everywhere, on several sstlites, internet etc. I participated from Calabar and great things took place there as well.

Pastor Chris and ChristEmbassy are known to do so much for the public free of charge. More than 90% of attendees at the healing school are non members and its absolutely free. Ministers conferences, FREE. Community projects every first Octeber across 36 states of Nigeria, FREE. inner city mission schools offering education, feeding clothing, accomodation to street children etc FREE. You did not see that to bring to front page. So you think #25,000,000 is what CE will need 25,000 people to raise? Use your head man, Just 4-5 people in the church can come together and raise that money.

There is a church administration. They know what the funds collected are for. Christ Embassy is not crooked simply because your crooked mind imagines it to be. How many times have you heard the church raised funds in crusades or in outreach meetings like many others do? Nigerians already trust the ministry cos their good work speaks for itself everywhere. Open letter to Pastor Chris indeed. . . May your plan fail and may the purpose of the one who sent you not see the light of day.
dem don use both jik,hypo and all other detergents wash this one brain. Sorry 4 gullible nigerian "christians".

3 Likes

Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by lolaxavier(m): 5:02pm On Jan 10, 2015
Frankmishael:

You should be ashamed of yourself if you truly work in Exxonmobil as you claimed and you are making unintelligent contributions to this topic.
Don't expose your dvmbness for the whole world to see?
And to moderate you in case of next time, no one gives a shi.t where you work.
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by bobbylegend(m): 5:07pm On Jan 10, 2015
damosky12:
Ignorance! An 'open letter' indeed. This is one of the things bound to happen. Persecutions! The challenge with many so called Christians is that they know too much. Whatever any minister of God does is criticized. Even if Jesus comes to the world, its evident, they ll still look out for HIS faults.
[color=#006600][/color][quote][/quote]

Hide your face
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 10, 2015
dein77:
A very interesting letter written with a sense of love, empathy and concern.
Indeed some recent happenings within the Body of Christ have left a lot to be desired, but I believe things will get better. No MOG is above sincere and humble correction.

Digress: The mods here are very partial, and sympathetic to Islam.
Many of us complained about the recent Charlie Hebdo terrorist attack in France not being moved to FP, and these folks never cared.
Now they move a thread about an MOG to FP with the speed of light. Una well done.

cc Maclatunji oya ban him for exposing the bias and unreasonableness behind the way you guys moderate, I trust you. In fact ban me for mentioning your moniker. Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by WORLDPEACE(m): 5:10pm On Jan 10, 2015
donnie:
And the yeye admin quickly took this to front page ( if you like bann me) you will soon loose that job. I've been here since 2005. Who is etctera by the way? There were several other meeting points even in Lagos. The church has several hundreds of thousands of members in Lagos alone yet the venue takes just about 20-25 thousand. The message was viewed everywhere, on several sstlites, internet etc. I participated from Calabar and great things took place there as well.

Pastor Chris and ChristEmbassy are known to do so much for the public free of charge. More than 90% of attendees at the healing school are non members and its absolutely free. Ministers conferences, FREE. Community projects every first Octeber across 36 states of Nigeria, FREE. inner city mission schools offering education, feeding clothing, accomodation to street children etc FREE. You did not see that to bring to front page. So you think #25,000,000 is what CE will need 25,000 people to raise? Use your head man, Just 4-5 people in the church can come together and raise that money.

There is a church administration. They know what the funds collected are for. Christ Embassy is not crooked simply because your crooked mind imagines it to be. How many times have you heard the church raised funds in crusades or in outreach meetings like many others do? Nigerians already trust the ministry cos their good work speaks for itself everywhere. Open letter to Pastor Chris indeed. . . May your plan fail and may the purpose of the one who sent you not see the light of day.
Now here is my question as a concerned Nigerian:
Are you saying that the church did not charge people the said amount at the gate that day, or is your point that it was not done with profit making in mind? please I need to understand your exact point.

1 Like

Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by vooks: 5:10pm On Jan 10, 2015
Most of you have never won a single soul to Christ let alone run a ministry of any size yet you are pros on ministry
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Atigba: 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2015
donnie:

Will you shut up

You pastor Chris apologist
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Champele(m): 5:15pm On Jan 10, 2015
This people are just business men and women,i dont know why people still refers them as men of god.anointed my foot.

1 Like

Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by splasher: 5:20pm On Jan 10, 2015
These men are hirelings.They are in the ministry for fame, money and power, and love to control men's lives(man is the only creature God did allow man to have dominion over). Take away these three trappings they will abandon their post. Shame on them.
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by ArcToyin(m): 5:20pm On Jan 10, 2015
Sezua:
i thought this guy was a singer?, nowadays he write letter pass paul wey dey for Bible
funny u
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 10, 2015
holatin:
how our association in my absense

I see you
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by hotice01: 5:39pm On Jan 10, 2015
Frankmishael:
see don't quote me again I beg u
Bro the truth is bitter,anything that is not in the Word of God can NEVER be forced on me.Luv God and not just your church or pastor.Don't defend based in sentiments but on the Word and love of God. Open your eyes,heart and mind.no need to curse or get angry for anger lies in the bosom of fools.The act was wrong,think of the number of people that might have been saved but couldn't cuz they couldn't afford the imposed price of salvation disguised as gate fee.
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by akandejames: 5:39pm On Jan 10, 2015
kennyamusan:
really bro ? Now sit back as I explain to u,Imagine if salvation is free,How much will it be sold ? Imagine if churche services were free,how much will it be sold ? Imagine if the Kingdom of God is Proclaiming is free,how much will it be sold ?.Let's start,Pastor chris has no justification whatsoever for charging reasons being that it is not only his members that would come for such a programme,its a cross over service and I believe wherever its meets u,u do it there,this is d only service I bet u dat unites the christians,most christians would rather trek miles for services than attend services in another church,now I ask u,do u know how many people would v missed one ? And don't tell me that they should go home. And hold it,cos I believe in a church,both saints and sinners are welcome . 2.Imagine if other churches now accept this phenomenon,what do u think would happen ? 3.Justify his action with a bible passage 4.When last have you given a beggar 1000 5.I rather think he should be the one giving each congregation 1000 cos he is financially buoyant to do so rather than collecting because it is more honourable to give than receive 6.Do you imagine the number of his congregation that hasn't had breakfast and would want to cough out such money. Above all,can u say what he has done is right ? I know u love your pastor but next time remember they are humans and not angels they make mistakes too.

This is no mistake. The move was deliberate for profit making. Simple !!!
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by dein77(m): 5:40pm On Jan 10, 2015
Frankmishael:

Bro, your EGO is bigger than Mt. Everest.
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2015
damosky12:

Did u even read the letter?
Re: Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter by kushsy: 5:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
damosky12:
Ignorance! An 'open letter' indeed. This is one of the things bound to happen. Persecutions! The challenge with many so called Christians is that they know too much. Whatever any minister of God does is criticized. Even if Jesus comes to the world, its evident, they ll still look out forHIS faults.
What then are you saying? Is it right to collect gate fee for a new year message beside there was no message preached on that day...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen / Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 / Paul Enenche Gets Chieftaincy Title (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.