Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,685 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

The New Mogadishu - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The New Mogadishu (66375 Views)

Nigerian Brothers & Sisters Welcome To Mogadishu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Mogadishu by Rafikizolo: 8:53pm On Jan 20, 2015
Maakhir:
Rafikizolo tell your people to get out of this thread if they're going to derail it

I havent read this thread for days. Idk whats going on here. All the best to the good people of Somalia.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 2:13am On Jan 21, 2015
Rafikizolo:

I havent read this thread for days. Idk whats going on here. All the best to the good people of Somalia.

Thanks bro, All the best to the good people of Kenya too
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 2:13am On Jan 21, 2015
Rafikizolo:

Thaks bro, All the best to the good people of Kenya too
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 2:34am On Jan 21, 2015
Kafrican:
Another quote from the PDF document mentioned above

Hence what I said before about the concentation camps.......
And with that, I rest my case

Like I said, anyone can write something and then do this

Seeing as you can't bring the link, you have lost this argument.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 2:36am On Jan 21, 2015
Kafrican:

Everything I have quoted comes from those links up there, Even the PDF file is found online for download if you google the name of the article. I am writting about the Mau-Mau because, the Mau-Mau who had largly formed the Kenyan Government had gone through the same thing of bieng placed in concentration camps and they were the best people to know how effective it was, So they applied the same counter-insurjecy tacktic the Brits had Used on them. And Just so you know, that tactic has been used in many places around the world in the past as a means of disrupting local insurjencies

You didn't give me the name of the article tongue
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 2:38am On Jan 21, 2015
Kafrican:

I feel Like I have wasted my time going through all those documents and showing the links and Citations/References only for the guy to claim that I have not Supplied any links....
Do I need to take people to school now, Speaking of which How old is Maakhir anyway, maybe we are arguing with and teenager who's just in highschool and is Just begining to discover himself(phisically and phsycologically).
It would certainly explain his lack of basic logic aguments and understanding.....

And you're meant to back up your arguments by providing actual proof.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 2:38am On Jan 21, 2015
Kafrican:

I feel Like I have wasted my time going through all those documents and showing the links and Citations/References only for the guy to claim that I have not Supplied any links....
Do I need to take people to school now, Speaking of which How old is Maakhir anyway, maybe we are arguing with and teenager who's just in highschool and is Just begining to discover himself(phisically and phsycologically).
It would certainly explain his lack of basic logic aguments and understanding.....

And you're meant to back up your arguments by providing actual proof.

Even PDF's and documents on the web can be linked
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 2:41am On Jan 21, 2015
Kafrican:
Lets See How the [b]"Bantus" of Kenya have helped Somali to be where it is today, for you people to even start a thread called the new Mogadishu[/b]

After previouly almost going to war with Somali in the 60s-70s....... The Kenya government allowed Somali Refugees to come to Kenya in escape from Hunger,disease and war. An estimated 600,000, refugees now reside on Kenyan Soil with another estimated 200,000 bilieved to be living in Kenya illigally.

All those Somalis living in Minnesota,USA came from Somalia, through Kenya, As refugees in 1991, when the US agreed to take of the burden and resettle regugees in america.....

THen the war continued
there were a total of 6 confernces Held in different Countries around the world to reconcile waring factions in Somalia before bieng held in Kenya

Kenya attempting to Help Somali come together after decades of civil and clan wars

This meeting however proved to be futile

Two years Later after the first meeting Failed...
Agreement to form the TFG which would then begin plans to take back control of its failed state,all with support from the Kenya Government. During this time Mogadishu was alshabaab HQ and all Somali parliamentarians were living in exile in Nairobi

First Presidential Elections of Somalia Since the fall of Said Bare

All three quotes from this Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attempts_at_reconciliation_in_Somalia_%281991%E2%80%932004%29

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3730562.stm

In 2006, Before any Nation Recognises that Somalia has a Government, Kenya Signs a, Joint Commission for Cooperation (JCC), which it usually sings with other recognised Nations, to begin cooperation between the two governmets.

Between 20055,6,7 up to 2009: Kenya Army, using its ouwn resources Secretely Trained TFG soldiers In preparation for the TFG government with the plan of eventually relocatiing the TFG government to Mogadishu.

http://www.hiiraan.com/news2/2009/oct/kenya_admits_to_secret_police_training_for_somalia.aspx

In 2007: Uganda Move to Mogadishu and together with TFG, protect the new Government which was HQ'd at the airport

In 2011, After aid workers in daadab refugee camp and tourists in Lamu Kidnaped, Kenya directly Joins the Fight (Kenya had previously provided logistical support to the Ras Kambooni Brigade to Keep the terrorist at bay from the Kenyan boder)...................

Even after alshabaab and its sympathisers, attacked Kenya regularly between 2012-2014

In 2013 Kenyatta University, One of Kenya leading public university opens up a campus in daadab to enhance higher education learning

http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2012/oct/15/kenya-kenyatta-university-somali-refugees-dadaab
http://www.globaleducationmagazine.com/dadaab-refugees-fear-repatriation-deny-freedom-university-education/

The University will offer diploma, undergraduate and master’s programs in academic fields such as Finance, Marketing, Project Management, Education, Public Administration, Community Mobilization, Peace and Conflict Studies and many others

In 2012: Kenya government begins to train Somali governmet workers from Secretaries,accountants,.....

Even though Kenya might not trust every single Somalia from Somali,Kenya still had the good heart of emebeding Somalis into its civil service, where ever they wanted to go in any ministry, From the ministry of foreign affaires, Finance,education,defence. Would Somali trust Kenyans To work in its Government in Mogadishu?

Just thinking, If the situation had been reversed, would Somalis and the somali government have helped a majoritly christian and largly Bantu Nation of Kenya if it was the one in need? Judging by the hatred of Somalis in this Forum, I highly doubt that.

Axum is the only one with a problem against bantu's.

And no-one is denying the good things that kenya has done but you guys just had to come and try to ruin this thread

Leave now or this argument shall continue.
Re: The New Mogadishu by barwaaqo: 4:30am On Jan 21, 2015
More from land of the Warriors

Eat up
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 21, 2015
Maakhir:

Axum is the only one with a problem against bantu's.

And no-one is denying the good things that kenya has done but you guys just had to come and try to ruin this thread

Leave now or this argument shall continue.

There are Somalis where I live, I have never had any querrels with them. Deep down in my heart I wish all the best to the people of Somali.... Good luck rebuilding your Nations and your people...... I have no intention of continue these argument So I am Leaving now, Back to my Kenyan related threads. Good by people of the new Mogadishu thread......
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 10:43am On Jan 21, 2015
Kafrican:

There are Somalis where I live, I have never had any querrels with them. Deep down in my heart I wish all the best to the people of Somali.... Good luck rebuilding your Nations and your people...... I have no intention of continue these argument So I am Leaving now, Back to my Kenyan related threads. Good by people of the new Mogadishu thread......

And I wish all the best to the people of Kenya
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2015
Jazeera Hotel Mogadishu wink

Re: The New Mogadishu by axum: 3:18pm On Jan 21, 2015
Kafrican:

What a loser, what a pitiful loser. I wouldn't expect anything more from a Bantu
Re: The New Mogadishu by gallivant: 3:32pm On Jan 21, 2015
axum:

What a loser, what a pitiful loser. I wouldn't expect anything more from a Bantu

Don't you start.We won't hesitate to put you in your place. Just enjoy the pictures and leave bantus to themselves.
Re: The New Mogadishu by axum: 3:36pm On Jan 21, 2015
gallivant:

Don't you start.We won't hesitate to put you in your place. Just enjoy the pictures and leave bantus to themselves.

Bring it.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 21, 2015

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by axum: 3:35am On Jan 22, 2015
Yareey:
[img]http://memecreator.eu/media/created/n7m8zj.jpg[/img]

How did you know i was Cummming
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 3:49am On Jan 22, 2015
gallivant:

Put him in place on another thread please.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 3:50am On Jan 22, 2015
axum:

Bring it.

Don't derail your own thread and leave the Bantu's to themselves
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 22, 2015
axum:

and you are the winner!!!!!!!!! sleep sound at night now that you feel better.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 22, 2015
gavillant, leave the guy alone and show him how civilized people should behave even when they don't like each other. am sure he will show up his butt in some other thread where he can be put in his place
Re: The New Mogadishu by axum: 11:48pm On Jan 22, 2015
Kafrican:

and you are the winner!!!!!!!!! sleep sound at night now that you feel better.

It must be sad to be Bantu
Re: The New Mogadishu by Fulaman198(m): 5:48am On Jan 23, 2015
Dathommie:

Yeah, n fast forward 2015, ur country is nw bleeped n has d most poorest beings on earth! N d buntus ar d riche
ßt on africa n most developed n civilised right?

Oh, tank god for colonilisation which of course brought civilisation. I don't regret been colonised one day!

hehehehehe....

Dude y do u lyk bringin facts n history of lyk thousands of yrs ago

So wat happened nw, did ur country warrior skills disappeared all of a sudden?? Y nt use dat so ancient warrior skills dat u ar proud of to fight ur terrorist wit heavy guns n bombs? Y send ur sh*t army to train turkey?

Dude, dis is d 21st century!!!!! Don't be fooolin ur self!!

@the Bolded spoken like a Brainwashed slave

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by Samaale: 11:55pm On Jan 26, 2015
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 4:07pm On Jan 27, 2015
adamskutty:
mallam yusuf, how didido?

Nice pictures.

I'm good bro. How are you doing?

I've noticed your non-stop Buhari campaign on NL grin There's no surprised as to where your vote will go...
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 4:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
muafrika:
ArtanK,
Good thing you've come to their rescue,

But your understanding is wrong. It was the British who came up with the idea of North E. Province being given to Somalia.

That guy came from Eastleigh for sure. Whereever there is oil, there are many extrenuous interests...People can do wonders for oil money,

There has always been bad blood between the galla/Darood and the Kenyan Government. Don't be too sure as to who is using who.

Somalis at the foot of Mount Kenya? This is a free country. Kenyan Somalis live as far as the Western Province. There are Somalis where I am now. Just as you will find other Kenyan tribes in former NE. province.

Lol the funny thing is, my Ethiopian neighbour swore to me that Madobe was born in Ethiopia and that he grew up there. Kenyans and Ethiopians love to brag but at the end of the day, the fact is that Ahmed Madobe used KDF to clear 80% of Jubaland, gave them the middle finger then cut a deal with the Somali Federal Gov. Juba Admin is a Somali federal state. If Kenyans think claiming that land is going to change the reality on the ground, they ought to think again. wink

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 4:26pm On Jan 27, 2015
gallivant:

Notice the military Landrover?Who else has a large enough stockpile to hand out? grin And now the Federal Somali army!

LOL! you do know that there's an arms embargo placed on Somalia? In case you don't know what an arms embargo is, it means we can't import/receive large military hardware. But why stop there? Go ahead, lay claim on the trees. I mean 'Who else has a large enough stockpile on trees' grin grin

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 4:38pm On Jan 27, 2015
ArtanK:

So other African countries have never experienced internal armed conflicts?

Ethiopia - September 1, 1961 — May 29, 1991 Eritrean War of Independence

Rwanda - October 1, 1990 — July 18, 1994 Rwandan Civil War
April 7, 1994 — July 15, 1994 Rwandan Genocide

Ivory Coast - September 19, 2002 — March 4, 2007 Civil war in Ivory Coast

Liberia - 1989 — 1996 First Liberian Civil War
1999 — 2003 Second Liberian Civil War

Mali - 1990 — 1995 Azawad insurgency and Malian civil war
April 11, 2002 — ongoing Insurgency in the Maghreb
2007 — 2009 Second Tuareg rebellion
2012 — Third Tuareg Rebellion
2012 — ongoing Northern Mali conflict

Niger - 1990 — 1995 First Azawad insurgency
2007 — 2009 Second Azawad insurgency
2012 Tuareg Rebellion

Nigeria - 1967 — 1970 Nigerian Civil War
1999 - ongoing Boko Haram conflict

Sierra Leone - March 23, 1991 — January 18, 2002 Sierra Leone Civil War

Western Sahara - 1970 - ongoing Western Sahara conflict
October 30, 1975 — September 6, 1991 Western Sahara War

CAR - 1987 - ongoing Lord's Resistance Army insurgency
2004 — 2007 Central African Republic Bush War
2012 — 2014 Central African Republic conflict (2012–2014)

Rep. Congo - 1997 — 1999 Congo (Brazzaville) Civil War

Democratic Republic of Congo - March 8, 1977 — May 26, 1977 CE Shaba I
May 11, 1978 — June 1978 Shaba II
1987 - ongoing Lord's Resistance Army insurgency
October 24, 1996 — May 16, 1997 First Congo War
August 2, 1998 — July 18, 2003 Second Congo War
1999 — 2007 Ituri Conflict
2004 — ongoing Kivu Conflict
2007 - ongoing ADF insurgency
1987 - "ongoing" Katanga insurgency

Chad - 1965 — 1982 Civil war in Chad
1998 — 2002 Civil war in Chad
December 18, 2005 — January 15, 2010 Civil war in Chad

Mozambique - May 30, 1977 — October 4, 1992 Mozambican Civil War
2013 CE - ongoing Internal conflict in Mozambique

Angola - November 11, 1975 — April 4, 2002 Angolan Civil War

And many more...

Refer to the bolded.

gallivant:

Most of those conflicts have been resolved and the most of those countries are booming. Why is it Somalia a mono ethnic, mono religious entity is still at war? Which brings us back to that Darwinism theory. Do you think the theory holds merit in this case?Does isolation and inbreeding play a role? Debate. .

At war with Alshabab* Ask yourself why Nigeria is at war with Boko Haram, why Syria and Iraq are at war with ISIS, why Afghanistan and Pakistan are at war with taliban. I'm getting the notion that I'm arguing with a teenager. Don't ask me silly questions kid.

Oh and btw Alhamdoulillah for the pure Somali race grin
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 27, 2015
ArtanK:

Lol the funny thing is, my Ethiopian neighbour swore to me that Madobe was born in Ethiopia and that he grew up there. Kenyans and Ethiopians love to brag but at the end of the day, the fact is that Ahmed Madobe used KDF to clear 80% of Jubaland, gave them the middle finger then cut a deal with the Somali Federal Gov. Juba Admin is a Somali federal state. If Kenyans think claiming that land is going to change the reality on the ground, they ought to think again. wink

While you were away, we took over this site and gave it back after Maakhir broke down.He even brought a Somali girl to ask nicely. So enjoy the new Mogadisho, thanks to the tireless efforts of AU and KDF forces.
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 5:04pm On Jan 27, 2015
muafrika:
While you were away, we took over this site and gave it back after Maakhir broke down.He even brought a Somali girl to ask nicely. So enjoy the new Mogadisho, thanks to the tireless efforts of AU and KDF forces.

shocked shocked Maakhir is this true??

Oh well you took over the thread when I left, that says something... wink

We'll enjoy our Xamar thanks to the immense sacrifice of our fearless heroes*

Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 5:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
Thanks to Turkey, our only sincere ally.

Re: The New Mogadishu by gallivant: 5:42pm On Jan 27, 2015
Where was Turkey when millions needed refuge? Where was Turkey to kick out Alshabaab? Where was Turkey to train your first batch of civil servants since the collapse? You know vey well who is your "daddy"! wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

Emir Of Kano, Ado Bayero To Marry Ex-Girlfriend, Hajiyayye (Photo) / Osun -- State Of The Living Spring! Identify Here / Ooni Ogunwusi And His Wife Wuraola At His Palace (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.