Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

The New Mogadishu - Culture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The New Mogadishu (66436 Views)

Nigerian Brothers & Sisters Welcome To Mogadishu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 3:28am On Feb 01, 2015
ArtanK:

I've been yearning to go back and live there ever since my first visit. In my opinion, every generation has a purpose and a legacy to leave behind. I believe that the purpose of the Somali youth in the west is to help revive their homeland and take it beyond how it was in the 70s and 80s. I hope it all goes according to the plan.

How about later on in life? In about 20-30 years time?

Amen to that. That's a great outlook, and I've seen pictures from people who've been back to visit recently so I know things are headed in that positive direction already. When did you first visit? What was it like?

I think it'll be awesome if you record your experiences as you go. Start now in your planning stages. By the time you've established yourself, you'll have your whole journey laid before you.

No idea embarassed I haven't given it a solid thought, but who knows where life may take us.
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 4:05am On Feb 01, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Amen to that. That's a great outlook, and I've seen pictures from people who've been back to visit recently so I know things are headed in that positive direction already. When did you first visit? What was it like?

I think it'll be awesome if you record your experiences as you go. Start now in your planning stages. By the time you've established yourself, you'll have your whole journey laid before you.

No idea embarassed I haven't given it a solid thought, but who knows where life may take us.

My first visit to Somalia was in 2009. To be honest with you, I was very annoyed by the amount of healthy and able-bodied individuals that rely too much on their relatives abroad or the fairy tale government who will someday wish away all of their problems. Very few people think of taking matters into their own hands and improving their lives. A small group of people can make a huge difference even if they don't have the proper resources. Anyway I jotted everything down but it is all in German lol one of these days I will translate and share some of it.

Recording everything now is actually a good idea, I can compare and contrast my experiences before and after landing in Somalia.

Just having the idea of it at the back of your mind is enough. One day, you will give it a serious thought.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 4:33am On Feb 01, 2015
ArtanK:

My first visit to Somalia was in 2009. To be honest with you, I was very annoyed by the amount of healthy and able-bodied individuals that rely too much on their relatives abroad or the fairy tale government who will someday wish away all of their problems. Very few people think of taking matters into their own hands and improving their lives. A small group of people can make a huge difference even if they don't have the proper resources. Anyway I jotted everything down but it is all in German lol one of these days I will translate and share some of it.

Recording everything now is actually a good idea, I can compare and contrast my experiences before and after landing in Somalia.

Just having the idea of it at the back of your mind is enough. One day, you will give it a serious thought.

Whereabouts did you visit? Xamar?

Yh, and you'd be able to record your expectations, trials, tribulations, and triumphs all along the way. It'll be pretty cool to look back on. In a way, I've kinda been doing something similar for the past year, but more so as a self improvement project. I don't like writing all that much tho (I think I write enough already lol), so I would take pictures, and record incidents and anything relevant (mic) at about a weekly pace, or day of.

It would definitely be interesting to read your German scribbles (grin) if you ever decide to share it. What does ya girl say about this move? cheesy

You seem like a genuine person. Regardless of the journey you choose to take, all will be well with you.

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 7:42pm On Feb 01, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Whereabouts did you visit? Xamar?

Yh, and you'd be able to record your expectations, trials, tribulations, and triumphs all along the way. It'll be pretty cool to look back on. In a way, I've kinda been doing something similar for the past year, but more so as a self improvement project. I don't like writing all that much tho (I think I write enough already lol), so I would take pictures, and record incidents and anything relevant (mic) at about a weekly pace, or day of.

It would definitely be interesting to read your German scribbles (grin) if you ever decide to share it.

You seem like a genuine person. Regardless of the journey you choose to take, all will be well with you.

No Xamar was a complete mess back then. I visited Jigjiga, Hargeisa, Berbera and a lot of towns and villages in PL.

I'm definitely going to start writing and taking pics/videos now, although I should have started around 3 years ago. tongue

EnlightenedSoul:
What does ya girl say about this move?

It is a bit difficult with her. We'll have to wait and see if we are still together by the time I make the move.

Thank you for the kind words walal, I can only say the same. Truly hope that you join us down there, however long it may take. smiley
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 3:54am On Feb 02, 2015
ArtanK:

No Xamar was a complete mess back then. I visited Jigjiga, Hargeisa, Berbera and a lot of towns and villages in PL.

I'm definitely going to start writing and taking pics/videos now, although I should have started around 3 years ago. tongue

Of course, I should've guessed. Sounds like you covered a lot of ground tho! We last visited when I was around thirteen-fourteen, and all we I saw was parts of the capital (and not all that much of it at that age), despite the fact that my father is originally from outside it.

Lol, you're late. You better get on top of it tongue

It is a bit difficult with her. We'll have to wait and see if we are still together by the time I make the move.

Thank you for the kind words walal, I can only say the same. Truly hope that you join us down there, however long it may take. smiley

Yh, that happens...best of luck. One thing I've learned is that if it's meant to be, it will be.

I'm fully supportive of folks who choose to go back. I think it takes a lot of resolve, commitment, and strength. Right now, I'm just trying to finish my degree and get all the experience I'll need for my chosen field. Beyond that, I still ponder the shape my life is taking. I def think Djibouti could use a re-awakening of its own, but it's hard for me to visualize anything apart from passionately funding and sponsoring useful projects, and touching down every once in a while.
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 1:59am On Feb 03, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Of course, I should've guessed. Sounds like you covered a lot of ground tho! We last visited when I was around thirteen-fourteen, and all we I saw was parts of the capital (and not all that much of it at that age), despite the fact that my father is originally from outside it.

Lol, you're late. You better get on top of it tongue

Which capital Xamar or Djib city? 10 years ago though damn! Any specific reason why you haven't been there since?

I'm on it wink

EnlightenedSoul:
Yh, that happens...best of luck. One thing I've learned is that if it's meant to be, it will be.

I'm fully supportive of folks who choose to go back. I think it takes a lot of resolve, commitment, and strength. Right now, I'm just trying to finish my degree and get all the experience I'll need for my chosen field. Beyond that, I still ponder the shape my life is taking. I def think Djibouti could use a re-awakening of its own, but it's hard for me to visualize anything apart from passionately funding and sponsoring useful projects, and touching down every once in a while.

Yh, I'll see how it goes. Although I'd want her to be more supportive, I somehow understand where she's coming from.

Djibouti needs a peaceful revolution. Guelleh made it his own backyard where he can do whatever he likes with it.
Funding and sponsoring projects also very helpful. As long as you have your country's best interests at heart, your contribution is needed.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 03, 2015
ArtanK:

Which capital Xamar or Djib city? 10 years ago though damn! Any specific reason why you haven't been there since?

I'm on it wink

Djib city, of course. Abe and my oldest brother have been back and forth plenty since. I can't exactly say why the rest of us really haven't, but I think it would be nice to experience the city/country as an adult eventually.

Yh, I'll see how it goes. Although I'd want her to be more supportive, I somehow understand where she's coming from.

Coming from someone who's been experiencing something similar - it's hard. Really hard. But dreams/goals are always worth fulfilling, and support (even if grudging) is crucial. The first few months are the hardest, and then subsequently every time you visit home, or see each other after that.

Djibouti needs a peaceful revolution. Guelleh made it his own backyard where he can do whatever he likes with it.
Funding and sponsoring projects also very helpful. As long as you have your country's best interests at heart, your contribution is needed.

Honestly, 'revolution' is such a scary word.

Ugh. Lol.

I know I'm not making any sense. Tireddd. 'G'night' for now.
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 2:53am On Feb 04, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Djib city, of course. Abe and my oldest brother have been back and forth plenty since. I can't exactly say why the rest of us really haven't, but I think it would be nice to experience the city/country as an adult eventually.

You need to go back ASAP. You'll have more freedom now that you're older because when you're that young, you have to stay with family the whole time.

EnlightenedSoul:
Coming from someone who's been experiencing something similar - it's hard. Really hard. But dreams/goals are always worth fulfilling, and support (even if grudging) is crucial. The first few months are the hardest, and then subsequently every time you visit home, or see each other after that.

I'm guessing your fianceé wants you to move to somewhere far with him?
I may sound a little selfish but I'm not compromising or even reconsidering something I've planned for so long. If it ends that way then there's not much you can do about it.

EnlightenedSoul:
Honestly, 'revolution' is such a scary word.

Ugh. Lol.

I know I'm not making any sense. Tireddd. 'G'night' for now.

It's scary but that's exactly what it needs, it is sad to see what that old fart is doing to the country.

LOL habeen wanagsan walal smiley
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 7:41am On Feb 04, 2015
ArtanK:

You need to go back ASAP. You'll have more freedom now that you're older because when you're that young, you have to stay with family the whole time.

Yh, one of my main reasons to go would be to see relatives that I haven't seen in a long while, or ever, anyway. It'd be neat to explore, and see everything there is to see as well.

I'm guessing your fianceé wants you to move to somewhere far with him?
I may sound a little selfish but I'm not compromising or even reconsidering something I've planned for so long. If it ends that way then there's not much you can do about it.

The italicized: I don't think it's selfish at all, in fact, I think it's imperative that one never loses sight of their ultimate goal(s) in life. He did/does, but for this same reason, I could not. I would much rather he finish and come back home than relocate and transfer my work/school to a foreign country. It wouldn't make any sense anyway. Speaking of, is your trip/project permanent? How long do you plan to stay out there? Because that would probably mean the same thing (relocation) for you guys (her) at some point...

I'm still a bit surprised by you.

It's scary but that's exactly what it needs, it is sad to see what that old fart is doing to the country.

LOL habeen wanagsan walal smiley

Lol, it's still a scary word. I don't feel we're in the position to sustain one at this time.

smiley
Re: The New Mogadishu by BlackKenichi(m): 6:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
Glad to see that Somalia is improving. AMISOM has done a good job!

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 3:03am On Feb 05, 2015
^ Lmfao...

Ah, dear.

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 1:37am On Feb 06, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Yh, one of my main reasons to go would be to see relatives that I haven't seen in a long while, or ever, anyway. It'd be neat to explore, and see everything there is to see as well.

I see but Djibouti is too small lol, you need to visit Ethiopia and Somalia to really go exploring grin

EnlightenedSoul:
The italicized: I don't think it's selfish at all, in fact, I think it's imperative that one never loses sight of their ultimate goal(s) in life. He did/does, but for this same reason, I could not. I would much rather he finish and come back home than relocate and transfer my work/school to a foreign country. It wouldn't make any sense anyway. Speaking of, is your trip/project permanent? How long do you plan to stay out there? Because that would probably mean the same thing (relocation) for you guys (her) at some point...

I'm still a bit surprised by you.

So you are not open to a move outside the US at all?

The trip is permanent. I only intend to come back to Europe for essential stuff concerning the project and visit family/friends if time allows it.
Why are you surprised?
Re: The New Mogadishu by mfuasi: 3:47am On Feb 06, 2015
Failed state. A stain on Africa.
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 10:11pm On Feb 07, 2015
mfuasi:
Failed state. A stain on Africa.

Keep it moving.

Random pictures

[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8MeGI5IgAAvZb0.jpg:large[/img]

Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 12, 2015
ArtanK:

I see but Djibouti is too small lol, you need to visit Ethiopia and Somalia to really go exploring grin

Lol, it's my main priority. I'll more than likely visit Eritrea as well. If I ever get the chance to tour the rest of the Horn, and certain other parts of the continent, I'll count myself lucky.
It kinda sounds like you've been touring the Horn tho, Monsieur Connoisseur. On that note, I seem to remember you 'promising' to be my connoisseur-esque guide throughout France, but then now it's almost as if you're effectively bailing out on that tongue lolz

So you are not open to a move outside the US at all?

I've made a move outside the US before. I was miserable. If I were to move where he is now - after the initial excitement, and novelty of a new life in an intriguing culture/country/continent wore off - I'm quite sure I'd be positively dissatisfied with the way such a decision would affect my plans for the/my future.

The trip is permanent. I only intend to come back to Europe for essential stuff concerning the project and visit family/friends if time allows it.
Why are you surprised?

Tbh, for no reason other than age, walaal.
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 6:38am On Feb 14, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Lol, it's my main priority. I'll more than likely visit Eritrea as well. If I ever get the chance to tour the rest of the Horn, and certain other parts of the continent, I'll count myself lucky.
It kinda sounds like you've been touring the Horn tho, Monsieur Connoisseur. On that note, I seem to remember you 'promising' to be my connoisseur-esque guide throughout France, but then now it's almost as if you're effectively bailing out on that tongue lolz

Is he well connected to his country of origin?

I've gone travelling with my dad a few times. He knows many people across the horn and for that I'm very fortunate because the only country in the horn that I haven't been to is Eri.

If you're quick, the offer is still on the table as I'm not moving for at least a couple of years. tongue

EnlightenedSoul:
I've made a move outside the US before. I was miserable. If I were to move where he is now - after the initial excitement, and novelty of a new life in an intriguing culture/country/continent wore off - I'm quite sure I'd be positively dissatisfied with the way such a decision would affect my plans for the/my future.

Could it be that the bad experience you had when you moved abroad has put you off moving abroad for good?

EnlightenedSoul:
Tbh, for no reason other than age, walaal.

I've given this move a lot of thought, consulted my parents, friends, mentors, and even university lecturers. They all encouraged me and told me to carry on despite all the challenges and hardships we'll face.
By the time we set foot in Xamar. I'll be in the mid, almost late 20s.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 14, 2015
ArtanK:

Is he well connected to his country of origin?

I've gone travelling with my dad a few times. He knows many people across the horn and for that I'm very fortunate because the only country in the horn that I haven't been to is Eri.

If you're quick, the offer is still on the table as I'm not moving for at least a couple of years. tongue

He's kinda like me. Born and raised out here, but still connected somewhat. He's never visited tho, even though his pops also tends to travel to and fro, if that's what you mean.

Sounds like a whole bunch of wonderful travel opportunities came your way. I think that's awfully lucky.

Could it be that the bad experience you had when you moved abroad has put you off moving abroad for good?

Perhaps. That's more than possible. Also, foreign countries are way too unpredictable, and I'm the type of person who plans meticulously. Hence, I practically hate the unexpected and spontaneity of any/most kind(s) lol. And I hate not knowing, not knowing what's being said, or not knowing in general.

And when I have ready-made plans (meticulous, mind you) for myself, I hate to give that all up.

I've given this move a lot of thought, consulted my parents, friends, mentors, and even university lecturers. They all encouraged me and told me to carry on despite all the challenges and hardships we'll face.
By the time we set foot in Xamar. I'll be in the mid, almost late 20s.

Good to know.

Well, I support you. More grease to your elbow, walaal. I wish you all the best.
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 7:43am On Feb 14, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

He's kinda like me. Born and raised out here, but still connected somewhat. He's never visited tho, even though his pops also tends to travel to and fro, if that's what you mean.

Never visited... Gah! Wa iska mareykan then tongue

EnlightenedSoul:
Perhaps. That's more than possible. Also, foreign countries are way too unpredictable, and I'm the type of person who plans meticulously. Hence, I practically hate the unexpected and spontaneity of any/most kind(s) lol. And I hate not knowing, not knowing what's being said, or not knowing in general.

And when I have ready-made plans (meticulous, mind you) for myself, I hate to give that all up.

But the spontaneity is what makes travelling so wonderful. If you have everything planned from the get go, things are become too predictable and boring in my opinion. There has to be the element of surprise, otherwise it just becomes a prolonged field trip lol.

Try going to a different city/state without planning anything except for the route. You'll discover a lot of things/places, meet new people and etc.
Lol@ not knowing what's being said. You befriend the locals, that's what I usually do grin

And thanks for the support walashey. I appreciate it. smiley

I guess it is goodnight for you and off to work for me tongue

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 14, 2015
ArtanK:

Never visited... Gah! Wa iska mareykan then tongue

Loll, I've visited just the once at 13. Does that make me iska Mareykan? Nah, I feel like he's more connected than that. He just hasn't had the chance somehow. For instance, when he speaks the language, he speaks it so expertly and quickly, I sometimes imagine he'll swallow his tongue next thing.

But the spontaneity is what makes travelling so wonderful. If you have everything planned from the get go, things are become too predictable and boring in my opinion. There has to be the element of surprise, otherwise it just becomes a prolonged field trip lol.

Try going to a different city/state without planning anything except for the route You'll discover a lot of things/places, meet new people and etc.
Lol@ not knowing what's being said. You befriend the locals, that's what I usually do grin

Trust, you're speaking to the queen of road-trips. Navigating my way through the States - ce n'est pas un problème! In fact, I've done the bold plenty, and it's the absolute best. It acts as a brief and welcome escape from everything, but at the back of my mind there's always the assurance that at the end of the trip, after I've re-grouped, I'll once again return to my well-ordered, and pristine perfectionist's haven.

I feel like straight-up moving to a foreign country is different from that. Almost like a never-ending spontaneous road-trip of sorts (scary). I'd rather wait it out. Also, finding your way out here is super easy. I feel that's not the case with much older countries despite knowing the language, hence the reason I felt I'd need a French guide tongue

And thanks for the support walashey. I appreciate it. smiley

I guess it is goodnight for you and off to work for me tongue

It's a given smiley And have a gr8 day at work. I'll sleep when sleep finds me.
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 1:46am On Feb 16, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Loll, I've visited just the once at 13. Does that make me iska Mareykan? Nah, I feel like he's more connected than that. He just hasn't had the chance somehow. For instance, when he speaks the language, he speaks it so expertly and quickly, I sometimes imagine he'll swallow his tongue next thing.

You're both iska mareykan then tongue jk, it's good that he speaks his mother tongue so well. One day I will be so proficient in Somali that I'll be able to write poems.

EnlightenedSoul:
Trust, you're speaking to the queen of road-trips. Navigating my way through the States - ce n'est pas un problème! In fact, I've done the bold plenty, and it's the absolute best. It acts as a brief and welcome escape from everything, but at the back of my mind there's always the assurance that at the end of the trip, after I've re-grouped, I'll once again return to my well-ordered, and pristine perfectionist's haven.

I feel like straight-up moving to a foreign country is different from that. Almost like a never-ending spontaneous road-trip of sorts (scary). I'd rather wait it out. Also, finding your way out here is super easy. I feel that's not the case with much older countries despite knowing the language, hence the reason I felt I'd need a French guide tongue

I kind of pictured you with a timed to-do list with you every time you leave your house lol. The idea is not foreign to me as I know someone like that. It seems like you've been everywhere in the states, so I know who I'll be calling, if I ever decide to go on a holiday in 'Murica. grin

if you speak the language then France is fairly easy to navigate through and if you ever get stuck, investing in a TomTom GPS system is highly recommended.

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 10:40pm On Feb 16, 2015
ArtanK:

You're both iska mareykan then tongue jk, it's good that he speaks his mother tongue so well. One day I will be so proficient in Somali that I'll be able to write poems.

Yh, I guess I can't deny that I am, in a sense, Mareykan. The best way to learn a language is to immerse yourself in it. For that, I'm sure you'll be the master linguist in no time. Proficiency, prose, and the command/art of speech, are always mesmerizing qualities.

I kind of pictured you with a timed to-do list with you every time you leave your house lol. The idea is not foreign to me as I know someone like that. It seems like you've been everywhere in the states, so I know who I'll be calling, if I ever decide to go on a holiday in 'Murica. grin

Lol, I'm wired that way, but I consider it a strength most days since I have to juggle quite a bit, though admittedly most of that is self-afflicted. I also tend to work best under pressure, so it's kinda become a bit of a cycle. It works.

Eyy, just holler. And LoL @ 'Murica, I totally reject that 'variation', or whatever it is cheesy

if you speak the language then France is fairly easy to navigate through and if you ever get stuck, investing in a TomTom GPS system is highly recommended.

Thas good to know. I still maintain that most times, an informal guide is the best bet. A friend of mine's relatives came visiting from Australia, and they basically state-hopped about, and covered a lot of ground. The best experiences they had didn't involve the best cities (IMO), but the cities where they had people that could show them all the best spots, and a good time. At one point, they were essentially bad-mouthing what I consider one of the more vibrant states, and I was like "Ughhh, that's because you haven't seen it", lol.

Take care.

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 3:23am On Feb 17, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Yh, I guess I can't deny that I am, in a sense, Mareykan. The best way to learn a language is to immerse yourself in it. For that, I'm sure you'll be the master linguist in no time. Proficiency, prose, and the command/art of speech, are always mesmerizing qualities.

Inshallah one day.

EnlightenedSoul:
Lol, I'm wired that way, but I consider it a strength most days since I have to juggle quite a bit, though admittedly most of that is self-afflicted. I also tend to work best under pressure, so it's kinda become a bit of a cycle. It works.

Eyy, just holler. And LoL @ 'Murica, I totally reject that 'variation', or whatever it is cheesy

I'm the same as you minus the hardcore planning, I write a to-do list for myself every week but I'm guessing that it is nothing like yours lol tongue

As soon as I touch down, I'll scream "woohoo 'Murica pew pew pew" just to blend in with the crowd, I'm counting on you to join in grin

Habeen wanaagsan walal.
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 4:05am On Feb 17, 2015

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 17, 2015
ArtanK:
Random pics

[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B67HegqIEAI4zwC.jpg:large[/img]

Beautiful! Keep them coming cool

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 7:26pm On Feb 18, 2015
Yareey:

Beautiful! Keep them coming cool

Warya how many more accounts do you need?
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 3:34am On Feb 19, 2015
ArtanK:

As soon as I touch down, I'll scream "woohoo 'Murica pew pew pew" just to blend in with the crowd, I'm counting on you to join in grin

Habeen wanaagsan walal.

Yh, don't be so sure. That reference is completely lost on me. You're coming across as a typical Euro snob grin
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 3:53am On Feb 19, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Yh, don't be so sure. That reference is completely lost on me. You're coming across as a typical Euro snob grin

I thought that was a common thing to say in good old 'Murica?

Jk grin

Have you ever seen Americans abroad? If only I could put faces on the words snob and obnoxious. tongue
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 4:14am On Feb 19, 2015
ArtanK:

I thought that was a common thing to say in good old 'Murica?

Jk grin

Have you ever seen Americans abroad? If only I could put faces on the words snob and obnoxious. tongue

Trust, I was lost lol.

Oh, alright. We do have a bad tourist rep. I'll admit it embarassed
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 4:19am On Feb 19, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Trust, I was lost lol.

Oh, alright. We do have a bad tourist rep. I'll admit it embarassed

At least You guys are not the worst lol. Americans come second after British football hooligans. tongue
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 4:28am On Feb 19, 2015
ArtanK:

At least You guys are not the worst lol. Americans come second after British football hooligans. tongue

Lol, that's not saying much. Soccer/Football has a way of turning a perfectly respectable individual (pre-game) into an all-out hooligan. It's inexplicable.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 7:13am On Feb 19, 2015
ArtanK:

Warya how many more accounts do you need?
Who do you think I am
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 8:35am On Feb 19, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Lol, that's not saying much. Soccer/Football has a way of turning a perfectly respectable individual (pre-game) into an all-out hooligan. It's inexplicable.

Passion is part of the beautiful game. Hooliganism, without the violent and destructive part, is allowed sometimes. tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Osun -- State Of The Living Spring! Identify Here / Ooni Ogunwusi And His Wife Wuraola At His Palace (Photos) / Bode Thomas: How Nigerian Lawyer Died Mysteriously After Insulting Alaafin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.