Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,988 members, 7,817,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

The New Mogadishu - Culture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The New Mogadishu (66427 Views)

Nigerian Brothers & Sisters Welcome To Mogadishu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 27, 2015
ArtanK:
Thanks to Turkey, our only sincere ally.

Are you throwing shade at the AU? What have they done?
Re: The New Mogadishu by adamskutty(m): 5:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
ArtanK:

I'm good bro. How are you doing?

I've noticed your non-stop Buhari campaign on NL grin There's no surprised as to where your vote will go...
i am doing very great bro. grin

The citizens have all woken up from their slumber, everyone is tired of jonathan except few who stick with him either because of their own selfish interest or because of tribalism.

See how God works, this was the same party (PDP) that booasted of ruling nigeria for 60yrs just 4yrs ago after been in power for 15yrs, now they are facing their greatest challenge ever and they will lose. grin

This coming weeks i am going to be very busy in the politics section,everyone wants the best for his country. grin
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 5:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
gallivant:
Where was Turkey when millions needed refuge? Where was Turkey to kick out Alshabaab? Where was Turkey to train your first batch of civil servants since the collapse? You know vey well who is your "daddy"! wink

Bittch please, you're the one who's coming back to this thread whenever someone posts something. You won't find your much-hated Somali father who abandoned you on this thread.

Erdogan was the only president who had the balls to visit Somalia during the 2012 famine, while Alshabab was terrorising the country. Turkey has donated over $500 million to Somalia, with more to come. Turkey has granted Somali students tens of thousands of free scholarships to Turkish & Malaysian universities. Turkey has helped revive most government buildings, the navy and the Somali Air Force. Not to mention the thousands of Somali soldiers receiving training in Turkey.

The fact that you're too scared to mention your country is very amusing.

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 5:58pm On Jan 27, 2015
muafrika:
Are you throwing shade at the AU? What have they done?

I have mentioned the brave efforts of Amisom many times but considering all the civilians they've killed/mistreated, I can't wait till they are gone in 2016/17.

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 6:00pm On Jan 27, 2015
adamskutty:
i am doing very great bro. grin

The citizens have all woken up from their slumber, everyone is tired of jonathan except few who stick with him either because of their own selfish interest or because of tribalism.

See how God works, this was the same party (PDP) that booasted of ruling nigeria for 60yrs just 4yrs ago after been in power for 15yrs, now they are facing their greatest challenge ever and they will lose. grin

This coming weeks i am going to be very busy in the politics section,everyone wants the best for his country. grin

I wish the best for Nigeria Adam. May the best man for the country win the elections inshallah.

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by gallivant: 6:04pm On Jan 27, 2015
ArtanK:

Bittch please, you're the one who's coming back to this thread whenever someone posts something. You won't find your much-hated Somali father who abandoned you on this thread.

Erdogan was the only president who had the balls to visit Somalia during the 2012 famine, while Alshabab was terrorising the country. Turkey has donated over $500 million to Somalia, with more to come. Turkey has granted Somali students tens of thousands of free scholarships to Turkish & Malaysian universities. Turkey has helped revive most government buildings, the navy and the Somali Air Force. Not to mention the thousands of Somali soldiers receiving training in Turkey.

The fact that you're too scared to mention your country is very amusing.

I did. My country is your country's 'daddy'. wink
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 6:26pm On Jan 27, 2015
Restoration of the Benadir Admin HQ almost complete

[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2AmAi1CMAEsuU_.jpg:large[/img]

Islamic Solidarity Mosque expanded and completed.

March 2014

[img][/img]

Jan 2015

Ongoing projects

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

[img]http://www.mpwr.gov.so/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/17.jpg[/img]

Ministry of Finance

[img]http://www.mpwr.gov.so/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/14.jpg[/img]

Ministry of Public Works and Reconstruction

[img]http://www.mpwr.gov.so/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/5.jpg[/img]

Ministry of Interior

[img]http://www.mpwr.gov.so/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/1.jpg[/img]

2 Likes

Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 7:11pm On Jan 27, 2015
Random pictures

The Hotel where Alshabab killed 25 Benadir University grads and cabinet ministers in 2009.

Benadir university

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by adamskutty(m): 7:39pm On Jan 27, 2015
ArtanK:

I wish the best for Nigeria Adam. May the best man for the country win the elections inshallah.
Thanks very much. U are a good somali.

The best is buhari, and he will win by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 28, 2015
Artank, good to see you back walaal.
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 5:54pm On Jan 28, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
Artank, good to see you back walaal.

Thanks walal, how are you doing?
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 28, 2015
ArtanK:

Thanks walal, how are you doing?

Reasonably well. How art thou?
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 6:05pm On Jan 28, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Reasonably well. How art thou?

I'm all good smiley

I see you've been battling with the troll(s) while I was absent lol
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 28, 2015
ArtanK:

I'm all good smiley

Thas great smiley

Ah, darn. On the contrary, I exercised incredible restraint, believe me.
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 6:15pm On Jan 28, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Thas great smiley

Ah, darn. I also exercised incredible restraint, believe me.

I've tried restraining myself, it only adds to the headaches. I bet you have itchy fingers right now tongue
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 28, 2015
ArtanK:

I've tried restraining myself, it only adds to the headaches. I bet you have itchy fingers right now tongue

Lolll (ouch), try migraines. Keeping perspective helps. And mantras: "I will not...I will not...I will not.."

Nice images btw.
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 6:44pm On Jan 28, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Lolll (ouch), try migraines. Keeping perspective helps. And mantras: "I will not...I will not...I will not.."

Nice images btw.

In the end, you will comment and still not achieve anything tongue

Xamar is rising and people are moving back home. I get really excited when I think about how it will look like in 5-10 years time.

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 28, 2015
ArtanK:

Xamar is rising and people are moving back home. I get really excited when I think about how it will look like in 5-10 years time.

May the force be with tongue

That's awesome. You're very well connected, I notice. Not so common in young peeps over here. Kudos.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Samaale: 7:25pm On Jan 28, 2015
ArtanK:

I'm all good smiley

No she was to busy sucking french and negro dick!
Re: The New Mogadishu by Samaale: 7:26pm On Jan 28, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Nice images btw.
Seems like me and axum are doing our jobs right! grin grin tongue
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 7:27pm On Jan 28, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

May the force be with tongue

That's awesome. You're very well connected, I notice. Not so common in young peeps over here. Kudos.

I'm sorry but the youth in N. America are totally lost lol. I used to laugh at my cousins who couldn't speak Somali until I discovered their parents struggle with basic words and phrases. I hope you're not like them tongue

I get most of my information from Abo, he goes back to the horn once in every few months.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Samaale: 7:27pm On Jan 28, 2015
ArtanK:

i know what you mean, go to my somalia is rising thread!
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 29, 2015
ArtanK:

I'm sorry but the youth in N. America are totally lost lol. I used to laugh at my cousins who couldn't speak Somali until I discovered their parents struggle with basic words and phrases. I hope you're not like them tongue

I get most of my information from Abo, he goes back to the horn once in every few months.

Pssh, and what is this? European superiority? Don't make me start chanting (U! S! A!) tongue

No, I didn't necessarily mean language. I meant connection. Usually, it's the much older people who're more well informed of homeland happenings. Lol, my Somali is satisfactory, but I speak/think in English and other languages much more so, which makes it my weakest language. Not as much opportunity to use it.
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 12:32pm On Jan 30, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Pssh, and what is this? European superiority? Don't make me start chanting (U! S! A!) tongue

No, I didn't necessarily mean language. I meant connection. Usually, it's the much older people who're more well informed of homeland happenings. Lol, my Somali is satisfactory, but I speak/think in English and other languages much more so, which makes it my weakest language. Not as much opportunity to use it.

No mademoiselle, it is only the truth. tongue

I guess you have to be well connected to the motherland if you're planning to live there in the future. You're Somali, based on what I've seen, is better than mine so you're not one of the lost souls in America lol.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 30, 2015
ArtanK:

No mademoiselle, it is only the truth. tongue

I guess you have to be well connected to the motherland if you're planning to live there in the future. You're Somali, based on what I've seen, is better than mine so you're not one of the lost souls in America lol.

I beg to differ, Monsieur tongue

My folks tried lol. My writing still sucks tho. I think it's gr8 that you plan to live there in the future. What have you been studying? How soon?
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 4:47am On Jan 31, 2015
ArtanK:

shocked shocked Maakhir is this true??

Oh well you took over the thread when I left, that says something... wink

We'll enjoy our Xamar thanks to the immense sacrifice of our fearless heroes*

She's b*llshitting. Go over the thread and read how badly they got thrashed by me.

@Muafrika OMG what a lie. Did I hurt your pride that bad grin grin grin

when i get back i'm gonna detroy your bantu thread

i'm gonna wreak havoc onto it grin
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 5:18am On Jan 31, 2015
Maakhir:

She's b*llshitting. Go over the thread and read how badly they got thrashed by me.

You wouldn't hurt my pride if you had the rest of your lifetime to do it,

I thought we made peace, Ive left your Mogadisho thread already.

Don't look for a fight Maakhir. I'll forget am your responsible elder,

Study hard, all the best. I wish you straight As only,

2 Likes

Re: The New Mogadishu by gallivant: 3:43pm On Jan 31, 2015
Maakhir:

I suggest you stick to your studies. wink

2 Likes

Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 11:43pm On Jan 31, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

I beg to differ, Monsieur tongue

My folks tried lol. My writing still sucks tho. I think it's gr8 that you plan to live there in the future. What have you been studying? How soon?

Nonsense! Your writing is pretty decent as well.

I study Economics walal. Graduating this year inshallah and if all goes well with this project that I'm involved with, I will relocate to the motherland within 3 years.
Have you given it a thought?
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 11:45pm On Jan 31, 2015
Maakhir:

Muafrika is a female? shocked
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 1:50am On Feb 01, 2015
ArtanK:

Nonsense! Your writing is pretty decent as well.

I study Economics walal. Graduating this year inshallah and if all goes well with this project that I'm involved with, I will relocate to the motherland within 3 years.
Have you given it a thought?

Wow, that's no time at all. Pretty soon you'll have your own first-hand images and experiences. That's exciting! Wallahi, more grease to your elbow walaal. I imagine an Econ degree would be of great value to you, and an in-demand contribution to boot.

Tbh, I haven't thought beyond visits. Picking up and moving around the country is one thing - and something I've considered extensively - but being a continent away is another thing entirely. And I don't know that I could procure the job I want either, etc.
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 3:02am On Feb 01, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Wow, that's no time at all. Pretty soon you'll have your own first-hand images and experiences. That's exciting! Wallahi, more grease to your elbow walaal. I imagine an Econ degree would be of great value to you, and an in-demand contribution to boot.

Tbh, I haven't thought beyond visits. Picking up and moving around the country is one thing - and something I've considered extensively - but being a continent away is another thing entirely. And I don't know that I could procure the job I want either, etc.

I've been yearning to go back and live there ever since my first visit. In my opinion, every generation has a purpose and a legacy to leave behind. I believe that the purpose of the Somali youth in the west is to help revive their homeland and take it beyond how it was in the 70s and 80s. I hope it all goes according to the plan.

How about later on in life? In about 20-30 years time?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Osun -- State Of The Living Spring! Identify Here / Ooni Ogunwusi And His Wife Wuraola At His Palace (Photos) / Bode Thomas: How Nigerian Lawyer Died Mysteriously After Insulting Alaafin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.