Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,214 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

The New Mogadishu - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The New Mogadishu (66341 Views)

Nigerian Brothers & Sisters Welcome To Mogadishu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 4:43am On Jan 17, 2015
muafrika:

This is Somalia...

Yes it is, and are those American Soldiers after we owned them.

American soldiers did not step foot into somalia after they fought the Habar Gedir and have been deploying drones ever since.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 4:51am On Jan 17, 2015
muafrika:

The real Mogadishu, my statement, and that of the world,

Hows that for, education?

And this is what most of Nairobi looks like evn without 20 plus years of war. My word and that of the world

Damn why are they rummaging through rubbish?

Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 17, 2015
Maakhir:

And this is what most of Nairobi looks like evn without 20 plus years of war. My word and that of the world

Damn why are they rummaging through rubbish?

Every city has a slum. We allow new city migrants to put up simple structures instead of having to roam in the city homeless as they look for their footing in the concrete jungle(below).

We have a factory converting that waste into methane, plastic, etc. Those people ramaging through that rubbish will be paid handsomely at the end of the day for their work.

Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 17, 2015
Maakhir:

Someone hasn't been reading their history, as the reason why the Somali National Army did not fight was cause of the prisoners.

The only combatants you ever fought were the Shifta militants. You are the biggest cowards on the face of this earth and you took the prisoners to parley with the army.

Do not try to rewrite history.
err, the reason why residents were placed in concentration camps was because the insurgency was getting out of control, so that movement of people and weapons could be restricted. this is after the insurgents started using soviet land mines to blow up police vehicles. I have read de-classified intelligence files, the Kenyan government was concerned about mounting civilian casualties, so the camps was not only a way to stop the movement of people and arms, it also save potential collateral damage,(they were definitely not being held there as hostages, for ransom or anything like that, that's more of your style) because the government believed those Somalis inside Kenya were a minority Kenyan tribe of Somali origin...... tell me, when has Somalia cared about collateral damage? in all your wars, you''ve never cared about people dying. that is a history lesson for you
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 11:17am On Jan 17, 2015
muafrika:
Every city has a slum. We allow new city migrants to put up simple structures instead of having to roam in the city homeless as they look for their footing in the concrete jungle(below).

We have a factory converting that waste into methane, plastic, etc. Those people ramaging through that rubbish will be paid handsomely at the end of the day for their work.

Explain why people rummaging through dumps is such a humanitarian crisis that UNICEF had to make a article on it. In the heart of Kenya, Nairobi, it's capital

http://www.unicef.org/sowc/kenya_61997.html

These people are not getting paid handsomely. They're getting the bare minimum for food.

Local priest and educator John Webootsa said

“Most of them will end up at the dumpsite, because they must earn a living somehow. In fact, child pr*stitution and child marriage are so common here,” he said.

And Nairobi has multiple slums, in fact most of Nairobi is covered in slums.

Damn, it seems that you Kenyans shouldn't be talking about anyone else's country (much less a country that's been in war for twenty-plus years) if you can't fix your own.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 11:18am On Jan 17, 2015
Kafrican:

err, the reason why residents were placed in concentration camps was because the insurgency was getting out of control, so that movement of people and weapons could be restricted. this is after the insurgents started using soviet land mines to blow up police vehicles. I have read de-classified intelligence files, the Kenyan government was concerned about mounting civilian casualties, so the camps was not only a way to stop the movement of people and arms, it also save potential collateral damage,(they were definitely not being held there as hostages, for ransom or anything like that, that's more of your style) because the government believed those Somalis inside Kenya were a minority Kenyan tribe of Somali origin...... tell me, when has Somalia cared about collateral damage? in all your wars, you''ve never cared about people dying. that is a history lesson for you

Pathetic lies. Provide proof in the form of a link or remain silent.

Though I wouldn't expect anything less from a people so openly full of cowardice.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 12:06pm On Jan 17, 2015
muafrika:
We just interested in the regions with oil. Nothing much to gain from fighting your clan wars. The KDF incurssion is strictly business.

So why didn't they fight for the oil earlier,

yet they came like cowards after twenty years of somali infighting, when the people were weakened.

damn they waited long time for that oil and I can assure you they're not gonna get it.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 12:08pm On Jan 17, 2015
muafrika:
Yea Right, grin

I just double checked and it's on the outskirts of mogadishu so

Yep, I'm right, it is Mogadishu
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 12:25pm On Jan 17, 2015
Kenyans are cowards.

Let me tell you a little bit about Somalis and Somalia just to give you some understanding.

Al-Shabaab means the youth. And the group takes this name very seriously. The large majority of Al-Shabaab fighters are children and teens and the leaders are wayeels (old men) . The Kenyan Military is still having a Hard time fighting a bunch of Kids and old men and yet you boast of being strong. Most of the problems in Somalia are caused by Warlords which the KDF has not even dreamed of confronting, Al-Shabaab just adds to most of the conflict already occuring and the only reason the west reports bout them is because it is a terrorist group. It took a couple of days for your brave KDF to take out a handful of militants in one mall.

Brave Kenyans indeed (note the sarcasm)
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 17, 2015
Maakhir:

Though I wouldn't expect anything less from a people so openly full of cowardice.
cowards are your shabaab buddies who when attacked head-on, they drop there guns and melt into the population . I''ll provide the link..... looking fir it right now
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 17, 2015
Maakhir:

why people rummaging through dumps is such a... crisis that UNICEF...(Its not)

They're getting the bare minimum for food.

Most of Nairobi is covered in slums.
Stop blaming war for incompetence.

Thats NGO speak, they depend on pitiful stories for donor funds.

Nairobi's real estate is currently the highest growing on the continent.

Sample some housing estates,

Slum upgrading project that has begun resettling slum dwellers,

Nairobi's skyline:
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 12:40pm On Jan 17, 2015
muafrika:
Stop blaming war for incompetence.

Thats NGO speak, they depend on pitiful stories for donor funds.

Nairobi's real estate is currently the highest growing on the continent.

Sample some housing estates,

Slum upgrading project that has begun resettling slum dwellers,

Nairobi's skyline:

That's a small percentage of nairobi and most of it is slums

do not try lying to me because I know
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 17, 2015
Maakhir:

You just spent most of your time in one area.

There is no viscible slum in the skyline photo above which covers thousands of hectares?
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 17, 2015
Maakhir:

I just double checked and it's on the outskirts of mogadishu so

Yep, I'm right, it is Mogadishu
Did they import the soil? It must cost alot to maintain.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 17, 2015
Maakhir:

Just yesterday, Kenyan president visited 2 slums in Nairobi to Launce the slum upgrading program, He has been doing in different slums since last year december with the aim of making sure that the slum upgrade projects continues, last year work on Kibera slum started, this include building of a massive sewer system, toilets , roads, police stations and water pipes, Also the NYS will help empower the youths in these slums so that they can employ themselves and make a living, The main hinderence to the previous government slum upgrading has been, even after the slum dwellers were bieng moved to new, low cost houses, they could not affored to pay even the least amount of rent, so this time, they would be made to have self sustaining Jobs.... http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2000143214/slum-upgrade-spurs-growth-in-kibera

the president has visited about four slums since last month to over see the work bieng done including one tome where he spant the night in Kibera, celebrating with the locals.

And dont get me started about the amount of real eastate in Kenya, especially in Nairobi and its environs, If all the realeastate in Nairobi were to be plucked and put in mogadishu, Mogadishu would suddenly become a first world city..... I'll find you a link so that you can check out some real-eastate in Kenya

Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 17, 2015
These are the houses that people of Kibera(Kenyas biggest slum) were/are/will move to, some are 1 bedroom, some are two bedroom, they were to pay a rent of about $12 dollars, or about 1,000 shillings but some could still not afford, thats why, jobs are bieng created by NYS for them to be able to afford the houses, and some extra for food

Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 2:05pm On Jan 17, 2015
muafrika:
Did they import the soil? It must cost alot to maintain.

Somali Soil is extremely fertile let me be the first to assure you.

http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/Africa/Somalia-AGRICULTURE.html
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 2:10pm On Jan 17, 2015
Kafrican:

And dont get me started about the amount of real eastate in Kenya, especially in Nairobi and its environs[b], If all the realeastate in Nairobi were to be plucked and put in mogadishu, Mogadishu would suddenly become a first world city[/b]..... I'll find you a link so that you can check out some real-eastate in Kenya

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure it would (even more sarcasm)

I didn't say all of Nairobi but most of Nairobi is covered in slums.

I couldn't care less about the real-estate in Kenya, so much real-estate yet the slums outnumber the real-estate.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 17, 2015
Maakhir:

I couldn't care less about the real-estate in Kenya, so much real-estate yet the slums outnumber the real-estate.
You did see the upgrades on the background of those slums right?

Pic:::::This is Kenya's biggest slum, Or as the western Media likes to call it, Africas biggets slum, which is not true, see the area it occupies, I could show you another pic, of a bigger area sixe covered in modern real estate.

Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 2:39pm On Jan 17, 2015
Kafrican:
You did see the upgrades of the background of those slums right?

Pic:::::This is Kenya's biggest slum, Or as the western Media likes to call it, Africas biggets slum, which is not true, see the area it occupies, I could show you another pic, of a bigger area sixe covered in modern real estate.

That slum is huge!!!!!!!!

Did you see the comment I gave to Muafrika?

Explain why people rummaging through dumps is such a humanitarian crisis that UNICEF had to make a article on it. In the heart of Kenya, Nairobi, it's capital

http://www.unicef.org/sowc/kenya_61997.html

These people are not getting paid handsomely. They're getting the bare minimum for food.

Local priest and educator John Webootsa said

“Most of them will end up at the dumpsite, because they must earn a living somehow. In fact, child pr*stitution and child marriage are so common here,” he said.

And Nairobi has multiple slums, in fact most of Nairobi is covered in slums.

Damn, it seems that you Kenyans shouldn't be talking about anyone else's country (much less a country that's been in war for twenty-plus years) if you can't fix your own.

Don't talk about anyone else's country if you cant fix your own. That Humanitarian crisis in Kenya needs to be addressed.

In fact, this is the situation a lot of kids in Nairobi face:
They and their neighbours have no access to basic sanitation or health services; open drains along the roads flow with filth. They are lucky to have water points, but lack electricity.

From the same UNICEF link
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 17, 2015
Do you see Nairobi city far in the background? Do you see how far the housing goes? (Men!, am even starting to think I should start a thread about Kenyas real estate, its massive!!!1)

Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 17, 2015
Maakhir:

That slum is huge!!!!!!!!

Did you see the comment I gave to Muafrika?
From the same UNICEF link

I also posted a link which is more recent that yours (your report was written in 2012), of which residents are cashing in due to slum upgrades ..
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2000143214/slum-upgrade-spurs-growth-in-kibera

The garbage is bieng removed from the streets and will soon be used to produce Biogas , which will be used by residents for cooking, How about that, for a solution!!!!
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 17, 2015
Maakhir:
Kenyans are cowards.

Let me tell you a little bit about Somalis and Somalia just to give you some understanding.

Al-Shabaab means the youth. And the group takes this name very seriously. The large majority of Al-Shabaab fighters are children and teens and the leaders are wayeels (old men) . The Kenyan Military is still having a Hard time fighting a bunch of Kids and old men and yet you boast of being strong. Most of the problems in Somalia are caused by Warlords which the KDF has not even dreamed of confronting, Al-Shabaab just adds to most of the conflict already occuring and the only reason the west reports bout them is because it is a terrorist group. It took a couple of days for your brave KDF to take out a handful of militants in one mall.

Brave Kenyans indeed (note the sarcasm)
Our presence there is why you have a thread called "The New Mogadishu."

2 Likes

Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 17, 2015
Maakhir:

So why didn't they fight for the oil earlier,

yet they came like cowards after twenty years of somali infighting, when the people were weakened.

damn they waited long time for that oil and I can assure you they're not gonna get it.
Please watch the news, coz the bids for exploration have already been awarded. The oil is gone already.
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2015
muafrika:
Please watch the news, coz the bids for exploration have already been awarded. The oil is gone already.

Please provide a link

And tell Kafrican that he promised me a link he has yet to deliver

Do not try stating things without proof
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 17, 2015
Maakhir:

This is a Somali source, I think...
http://english.alshahid.net/archives/14954

Now modified link, Maakhir
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 17, 2015
Maakhir:

Where ever did you live? Most of Nairobi is slums? There is not enough free land in Nairobi for it to have many slums.

More residential estates,

Langata estate,

Some new estate,

Greenspan estate,

Pipeline estate,
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 4:14pm On Jan 17, 2015
muafrika:
This is a Somali source, I think...
http://://english.alshahid.net/archives/14954

This is what popped up

about:blank
Re: The New Mogadishu by Maakhir(m): 4:20pm On Jan 17, 2015
muafrika:
Where ever did you live? Most of Nairobi is slums? There is not enough free land in Nairobi for it to have many slums.

More residential estates,

Langata estate,

Some new estate,

Greenspan estate,

Pipeline estate,

I don't live in Kenya
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 17, 2015
Maakhir:

This is what popped up

about:blank
Sorry, just modified the link above^^^^
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 17, 2015
Maakhir:

Please provide a link

I did say, I will provide the link,.... Am still looking for it

But here is something to keep you waiting.....(From kenya parliament archive), A member of parliament while discusing ongoing shifta insujency back in the day, while discussing about problems arising from use of vigilization to contain the insurjency

As Kariuki(MP) stated to Parliament in June, “we do not want to be told that there are loyal Somalis, let loyal Somalis come out and show us their loyalty. Let them be put in a camp where we can scrutinize them and know who [amongst them] are good."

Not all Somalis were put in camps, the ones who were put in camps (even though some were put there forcefully) were considered loyal in the end, those who were not, ran away from the camps to join the insurjents ......
The insurjency was started by somalis in Kenya who wanted to join with other somalis, although they had support from the Somali government,in terms of supplies, the Vigilization, was a solution to a local problem, The free movement of people made the insurjency difficult to contain, So people were taken to those camps, were searched, dis-armed, and placed in camps, which was guarded by police, (in modern days, governments use curfews to stop movement of people and supplies in a conflict)

Still looking for the de-classified intelligence report,
Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 17, 2015
Maakhir:

Please provide a link

www.somaoilandgas.com/

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Emir Of Kano, Ado Bayero To Marry Ex-Girlfriend, Hajiyayye (Photo) / Osun -- State Of The Living Spring! Identify Here / Ooni Ogunwusi And His Wife Wuraola At His Palace (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.