Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,137 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Islam And Exorcism - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam And Exorcism (40488 Views)

Islam And Obedience To Leaders / Baby Naming In Islam And The Modern Society. / Islam And Polio Vaccine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam And Exorcism by earTHMama: 7:37am On Dec 26, 2008

Wolf Blitzer of CNN's situation room, US FED Chairman, and others wear beard. Emi Olabowale Omo Pakulopa of ijebu Ode wear my full beard. Its well groomed. It is like feathers and it has sheen.

There is nothing unhygienic about a well kept beard!
Are you comparing Wolf Blitzers goatee with that of Osama and other muslim clerics? You gotta be kiddin me. undecided
Re: Islam And Exorcism by olabowale(m): 2:14pm On Dec 26, 2008
Funmilayo, I wo omode yi o mo nkon ton she e rararara. LOL. (Where is KarmaMod to koret my Yoruba? Eat your heart out).

Maybe you need to compare the Muslim's goatee, with the Jewish Rabbi's full beard. You love the Jews, dont ya? Afterall your human "god" was a Jew? Aint he? Along with his mother? (Thats for you ~Lady~).

Maybe you want me to give you example(s) from the Christians; How about the leaders of Greek, the Russian, the Coptic Orthodox christian sects? There leaders wear full beard, you know. If goatee by your argument is sign of Terrorism, then, all the full bearded people, without any exception should be bigger terrorists. That will include all these men in Christianity and Judaism.

Maybe since their bretherens, the European countries along with North America are in power and have for the most part Nukes, and four of the parmanent members of the security council of UN, wielding Veto Power(s) at will, true classification of terrorism is not allowed to be understood by the masses.

Maybe the same way all Nigerians are deemed crooks before he/she does anything. You Funmilayo, had fallen for such a terrible untrue and uninformed information.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam And Exorcism by olabowale(m): 2:15pm On Dec 26, 2008
and i was not kidding you.
Re: Islam And Exorcism by earTHMama: 7:45pm On Dec 26, 2008
Funmilayo, I wo omode yi o mo nkon ton she e rararara. LOL. (Where is KarmaMod to koret my Yoruba? Eat your heart out).

Maybe you need to compare the Muslim's goatee, with the Jewish Rabbi's full beard. You love the Jews, don't ya? Afterall your human "god" was a Jew? Aint he? Along with his mother? (Thats for you ~Lady~).

Maybe you want me to give you example(s) from the Christians; How about the leaders of Greek, the Russian, the Coptic Orthodox christian sects? There leaders wear full beard, you know. If goatee by your argument is sign of Terrorism, then, all the full bearded people, without any exception should be bigger terrorists. That will include all these men in Christianity and Judaism.

Maybe since their bretherens, the European countries along with North America are in power and have for the most part Nukes, and four of the parmanent members of the security council of UN, wielding Veto Power(s) at will, true classification of terrorism is not allowed to be understood by the masses.

Maybe the same way all Nigerians are deemed crooks before he/she does anything. You Funmilayo, had fallen for such a terrible untrue and uninformed information.

How many times have they thrown nukes at you if you didn't do nothing to them? Comapre that to muslims killing christians in Nigeria?
Re: Islam And Exorcism by olabowale(m): 6:43pm On Dec 27, 2008
There are Christians in Senegal. Yet it is a muslim country. Please you argue very terribly.
Re: Islam And Exorcism by earTHMama: 11:55pm On Dec 27, 2008
There are Christians in Senegal. Yet it is a muslim country. Please you argue very terribly.

How many christians there?. It's like calling Zamfara state a christian territory.
Re: Islam And Exorcism by highpappy: 12:24am On Dec 28, 2008
@jarus
thank you brother. . . . .i envy you smiley
jazakum lahu hayran

@earthmama
at least you are satisfied,even though your question was like "what are they going to say?"
Re: Islam And Exorcism by earTHMama: 8:37am On Dec 28, 2008
@earthmama
at least you are satisfied,even though your question was like "what are they going to say?"
cheesy cheesy How did you conclude this?
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Jarus(m): 2:22pm On Dec 28, 2008
earTHMama:

@Jarus,

Do you know that evil spirits can leave her host and possess the exorcist or those standing by during exorcism?. What has islam done to take care of those that indulge in the practice of exorcism so as not to get hurt or possessed?
Sorry for the late response Funmi. I had been in Abuja in the last couple of days to attend to some private matters and had no time for internet at all.Just flew back to Lagos yesterday evening.

OK, over to your latest question. Yes, it is possible for the Jinn to attempt to leave the host and possess the exorcist or those standing by.It may however be a threat just to scare/test the exorcist.
I have emphasized knowledge as a very important quality of the exorcist. The exorcist knows this too. This is why he himself needs to have fortified himself with anti-possession measures before doing the exorcism. He also has to be selective of those to be with him while doing the exorcism. The exorcist is usually assisted by strong Muslims, who, in their own rights, can also perform the exorcism, or at least with very strong faith and worship. They usually use a room, spirtually and physically clean, and ask others to excuse them.
For instance, the Prophet(SAW) taught us that whoever recites SUBHANALLAHI WABIHAMDIHI,SUBHANALLAHI IL AZEEM 100 times in the morning can not be affected by Jinn till the evening and whoever says that in the evening can not be affected by Jinn till next morning. This was a statement made by the Prophet over 1400 years ago.Wonderfully, the Jinns also know this, as happened in this incident: While doing an exorcism in Lagos some years ago, the jinn threatened to leave the host and attack Alhaji Akindele(the exorcist). But the Mallam, already experienced in the matter of Jinns and their antics and tactics, confidently told him ''Attack me, if you can" and the Jinn replied ''you that have recited SUBUHANNALLAHI WABIHAMDIHI SUBUHANNALLAHI IL AZEEM 100 times this morning''. So the Jinn knew he can't attack him, just wanted to test/scare him. They know among themselves they can't attack a person that has recited that statement, and this was what the Prophet said over 1400 years ago, still known by a jinn in Lagos here!!!! Allah is wonderful.

So the exorcist would have fortified himself with those Quranic verses as well as those people to be with him. Others will be told to stay away. Eating of Date fruit(learnt, but not sure, has to be Meccan type) and authentic original honey are other immunity measures against Jinn attack as explained in the Prophet's Sunnah.

And to add this: During and after exorcism, an exorcist needs to be really watchful of every thing he does. He needs to be observing Islamic etiquettes in all his daily activities. The Jinns will definitely be looking for any loopholes in him. He needs to be constant in worship of Allah,performing righteous deeds,remembering Allah always, and as much as possible shun even the slightest sins. A well-known exorcist in the South-West here said he used to hear strange knocks on his door in the mid-night. Jinns are always on the trail of these exorcists and they are usually watchful not to relent and get overpowered. Exorcism requires strong faith, knowledge and piety even in the minutest daily activities. This is why few Mallams can do it. But again, as mentioned earlier, inability  to do exorcism doesn't automatically mean the Muslim is inpious and not knowledgeable.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islam And Exorcism by babs787(m): 8:34pm On Dec 28, 2008
May Allah reward you abundantly
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Jarus(m): 10:36am On Dec 30, 2008
Funmi,
Any other question on this topic? Do not hesitate to bring forth any other question you have on the issue of Islam and Exorcism.
Regards.

1 Like

Re: Islam And Exorcism by Lagosboy: 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2008
@Jarus

Jazakallah bro for ur insightful reminder concerning the Jinns
Re: Islam And Exorcism by earTHMama: 3:49am On Dec 31, 2008
Funmi,
Any other question on this topic? Do not hesitate to bring forth any other question you have on the issue of Islam and Exorcism.
Regards.

1) Do women participate in casting out jinn?. That is, can a female muslim perform exorcism?

2)Can you theatrically elaborate how those possessed by demonic spirits/jinn react whenever the islamic holy man is exorcising them?
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Jarus(m): 11:20am On Dec 31, 2008
earTHMama:

1) Do women participate in casting out jinn?. That is, can a female muslim perform exorcism?

During exorcism, the Islamic rules regarding relationship between a man and a strange woman should still be observed. This is very important as the Jinns can also bank on this flaw. Therefore, a male exorcist unrelated to the possessed female, should try as much as possible to avoid physical contact with the body of the possessed female. So what is done is that a strong Muslim from the possessed female's siblings/children is the one to hold the possessed while the exorcism is being done. The female possessed is covered up totally with only her face left opened. The male exorcist, if not related to the possessed female, should not touch the female freely but rather leave a small space while reciting the verses.
To now answer your question, a female muslim with all the qualities of Knowledge, faith and piety can perform exorcism to a FEMALE possessed but not to a male. But this is very rare because female are naturally fearful, and may not have the mind.
The best is for a male exorcist to perform on possessed male and a female exorcist to perform on a possessed female, but getting a female that can perform it is usually very uneasy. So most exorcists are male, but when they are performing exorcism on female, they need to observe the Islamic rules regarding relationship between male and unrelated female.

earTHMama:

2)Can you theatrically elaborate how those possessed by demonic spirits/jinn react whenever the islamic holy man is exorcising them?

For start, Nairalander bindex, who claims to be an atheist, witnessed one and had this to say:
I visited my moslem relatives on the other end (I still lie to them that I am a muslim to gain acceptance) and experienced the same thing, there was a girl who is a relative of a wife of my cousin, she was attacked by Aljanu (evil spirits ), and was brought to a mallam who lives in my cousins vicinity, we took the girl there and the mallam began to pray for her using the Koran, once he started praying for her she began to scream, cry and roll on the floor, she begged them to stop reading the Koran and promised to leave the young lady alone and never to return, they asked the so called Aljani what his name was, his age, where he came from and the reason he got hold of the young girl, the girl said somethings and continued to shout and scream when ever the mallam read the verses from the Koran, the young girl kept saying things that were not very clear and of no particular meaning, she was speaking in tongues , in short it was really a DRAMICTIC scene, having been brought up as a muslim i had witnessed such events about twice or trice when i was a kid

While the Qur'an is being recited by the exorcist, the possessed person begins to react by screaming, shouting and uttering some words. In actual fact, it is the Jinn inside him/her doing that. It will be screaming as if it is being hit/beaten by someone. And that is exactly what the Qur'anic verses, through Allah's power, does to it.
If the recitation becomes very intense, the Jinn will begin to beg and ask that the recitation be stopped, that it will leave. The reciter will then begin to ask it questions like what's his religion?, why did he possess the person? etc. He can also preach to the Jinn to accept Islam etc. Some exorcists record this dramatic scenes and one was played on Radio Kwara some years ago in an Islamic programme on Jinns.

The exorcist will then ask it to leave, usually through the toe. While leaving, the people around will, of course, not see it physically, but will feel it. The toe(or whichever part of the possessed it decides to come out through) will be shaking vigorously and you will know something is happening there. Also, while leaving, the exorcsit will feel, maybe through some strange strong air.

After leaving, the possessed person becomes normal, and will feel as if he had just woken up from a dream. He will be weak. He will now be preached to and told to be reciting Ayatul Kursiyyu(Q2:55) and other verses everyday. He will also be advised on the need to improve his worship of Allah and other righteous deeds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam And Exorcism by javalove(m): 1:08pm On Jan 02, 2009
[size=20pt]JARUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAY ALLAH REWARD U ABUNDANTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAY ALLAH INCREASE U IN KNOWLEDGE!!!!!!!!!

I V MISSED ALOT OOOOOOOO

KAI, UR POSTS WERE JUST TOO INTERSTING, U GOT ME GLUED TO MY LAPTOP SCREEN!!!!

KEEP IT UP

I REALLY WISH I WAS THIS KNOWLEDGEABLE !!!

[/size]
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Jarus(m): 5:53pm On Jan 02, 2009
Jazakumullahu khaeran my good brother
Re: Islam And Exorcism by babs787(m): 7:41pm On Jan 02, 2009
The place of exorcism

1. The house must be clean devoid of pictures or statues to give room for the entrance of Angels.

2. Removal of musical instrument and prevention of music in the house.

3. Expulsion of men wearing gold or badly dressed women

The possessed.

1.He must be bathed and his hair combed.
2. His cloth must be clean
3.Charms, amulets or talisman must be removed from his body and destroyed.
4.He and his family member must be educated on Aqeedah (Islamic belief system) so as to free their hearts from other things beside Allah.

5.They should also be acquainted with the Islamic method of exorcism as against the prohibited methods of the magicians and religious bigots among the Muslims, Christians and other religionists.

6.If the possessed is a lady, her whole body must be covered and tied so that she is not uncovered during the exorcism.

7.The exorcist should not be carried out except with one of the relatives of the lady.
The possessed must be asked some questions top ascertain the type of things she used to see during wakefulness and sleep or other experiences.

The Exorcist

Exorcism can be carried out by a single person or more. It is preferable that it is done by more than one because the power of Satan is weakened by more upright Muslims. Whoever wants to exorcise must possess the following attributes for a successful exorcism:

1.He must possess the correct Aqeedah.
2.He must be a true monotheist in speech and actions.
3.He must have the certainty that the words of Allah have effect on jinn and devil.
4.He must have comprehensive understanding about the workings of the jinn and Satan
5.He should know the ways by which Satan influences men
6.It is preferred that he is married.
7.He should be someone distant from what Allah has forbidden which could make Satan to gain control of men.

8.He must be very steadfast and have reliance on Allah.
9.He should not be involved in any kind of innovation in religion
10.He should be among those who remember Allah in all their actions
11.He should purify his intention to do exorcism for the sake of Allah only.
12.He should have been fortifying himself with recommended fortifications.
13.He should be obedient to Allah in order to shame Satan
14.He should pray to Allah for assistance
15.He should perform ablution and along with those with him.

Outcome of the exorcism

After the necessary prayer and things have been done, it is either the jinn comes out and run away in its invisible form or that it appears. It is better for the exorcist to have the intention of the invisible form to save him from unnecessary trouble. The prophet (saw) was reported to have said, ‘do not for meeting the enemy’ and Allah says ‘verily, Satan is an open enemy to you’.

If the jinn prefers to speak before going out, he may shake the possessed and talk on his/her tongue in any language the jinn understands. The readiness of the jinn to surface or exit could be detected by any of the following signs on the possessed person:

1.Closure of the eyes, or staring, gazing or continuous fast blinking or covering the eyes with hands.

2.Shivering in the body or slight shivering of the lips.
3. Total trembling of the body
4.Shrieking, shouting or yelling.
5.Shouting the name of the possessed.

When the situation occurs, the exorcist will converse with him and ask him the following questions”

What are your name and religion?
Why did you enter this body?
Is there anyone with you in this body?
Where did you reside in this body?
[/b]

[b]How to deal with a Muslim Jinn

The case of believing jinn is special because he has faith in Allah. He might receive admonition if he is informed about the ruling of Islam and get out.

The exorcist must find out from him the cause of the possession. If it is an injustice from the person, the jinn must be pacified that the person could not see them and it is unintentional and it is not right for him to be punished for what he did mistakenly. If the possession is due to infatuation from the jinn, he should be informed that it is not allowed for him or her to do so and it would be a punishment on the Day of Judgment.

If the jinn is benefited by the admonition and desires to go out, it is not wrong if we make him to take oath that he will go out in obedience to Allah and His Messenger and that he will not com back to that body again and if he should break the oath, the curse of Allah, the angels and generality of men should be on him and Allah should bear witness. He must be asked about the part through which he is going to depart. He could be allowed to depart through the mouth, nostrils, ear, fingers or toes. He should also be told say Assalam Alaikum before his final exit. He must not be allowed to depart through the eyes, stomach, and throat. His departure should be confirmed by repeating the prayers because most of them are liars.

How to deal with unbelieving Jinn

The first assignment on the path of the exorcist is to preach Islam to the jinn in a reasonable and comprehensive manner. He should be advised to accept Islam voluntarily and not by compulsion. If he accepts Islam, command him to repent and the peak of his repentance is to leave the body of the possessed. If the jinn insist on his religion, tell him to get out. If he departs, praise is due to Allah but if not, there is no problem if he is beaten but it must be ascertained that the beating is falling on the jinn and the pain is not affecting the possessed person.

On beating the jinn to cure the possessed person, Shaykh Ibn Taymeeyah said in Risaalatul Jinn, ‘consequently, curing a possessed person and the removal of the jinn may require that the afflicted individual be beaten many times. However the blows fall on the jinn and the possessed human does not feel them. When a demented person regains consciousness after a beating, he often inform those present that he did not feel anything and that it did not have any effect on his body. Even when some are struck over three or four hundred times with severe blows on their feet, the effects which would normally kill a man, only the jinn feel it. The jinn will scream and yell, and inform those present about many things.

Ibn Qayyim, the student of Shayk Ibn Taymiyah said, ‘often the shaykh would recite in the ear of the insane[b]: Afa Hasibtum anna maa Khalaqnaakun ‘Abathan wa annakum ilaynaa laa Tur’jauun .’Do you imagine that we created you in jest and that you would not return to us? (Quran 23 v 115).[/b]

This verse was read into a madman’s ears and the possessing spirit said a drawn out voice ‘yeeeeeeeeeees’. so he took a stick and beat the man on the veins of his neck until his arm became fatigued from hitting and those present were sure that the man was dead from the beating. During the beating it cried out, ‘I love him’. The shaykh said, ‘he does not love you’. It said ‘I want to make hajj with him’. The shaykh said, ‘he does not want to make hajj with you’. It said, ‘I would leave him in your honour’. He replied; no do so in obedience to Allah and His Messenger’. It said, ‘then I will eave him’. The madman sat up, looked left and right and said, ‘why did I come to the honourable shaykh?’ those present said to him, ‘what about the beatings you have received?’ He asked, ‘for what would the shaykh beat me when I have not committed a sin?”

Chapter of the Quran which have strong effects on the jinn should be recited on the jinn. These surahs are the one which mention the jinns and the punishmwent of the hereafter. They include Kursiy, Suratul Yasin, As-Saaffat, Ad-Dukhan, al-Jinn, end of suratul Hashr, Humazah etc. if it agrees to leave, the punishment either with the Quran or beating should be stopped and it should be commanded to leave after taking oath not to return.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam And Exorcism by earTHMama: 6:48am On Jan 03, 2009
3.Charms, amulets or talisman must be removed from his body and destroyed.

How do you destroy charms and amulets in islam? By just breaking them or do you perform some spiritual exercise unto them?

Why should a good muslim carry charms in the first place?
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Jarus(m): 1:19pm On Jan 03, 2009
@ babs787,
May Allah increase your knowledge for that wonderful contribution.

earTHMama:

Why should a good muslim carry charms in the first place?
Carrying and using charms is a very great sin in Islam, and in fact, it may lead a person out of Islam because it is a very great shirk(associating partners with Allah). A good Muslim will definitely not do that.
However, due to the pervasive ignorance among many Muslims today, coupled with the mixture, by some Muslims, of traditional fetish practices with Islam, it is a pity that some Muslims still fall into this. Worse still, some people innocently have 'protective' charms placed on their bodies by their parents, maybe when they were young. Some other people could have also had charms on their bodies/homes, having consulted herbalists, deviant Alfas, and pastors. Pitiably still, some evil people also place charms on innocent Muslims.
These are the ways some Muslims ignorantly have charms on their body. And as discussed earlier, charms work by way of Jinns. So expelling the Jinn may involve destroying the charms.

earTHMama:

How do you destroy charms and amulets in islam? By just breaking them or do you perform some spiritual exercise unto them?

The Prophet(PBUH) has not left us without explaining and practically demonstrating to us how to go about everything in our lives. This is one thing that keeps amazing me about this Islam. Very complete religion, in the minutest activity you can think of.

While destroying charms, the Prophet taught us to recite Suratul Nas and Falaq(Q113-114). These chapters are very potent against evil, and they work wonders.
Re: Islam And Exorcism by babs787(m): 8:08pm On Jan 03, 2009
Salam.

You beat me to those questions with a very woderful response and may Allah continue to reward and increase your knowledge (Amin)
Re: Islam And Exorcism by earTHMama: 11:41pm On Jan 03, 2009
These chapters are very potent against evil, and they work wonders.

Do you have any proof they work wonders or are they just charlatan?
Re: Islam And Exorcism by babs787(m): 6:47pm On Jan 04, 2009
@Earthmama

You have been provided enough facts with regards to Islam and mos of your questions have been laid to rest by myself using biblical verses as support, Jarus and Olabowale. Time waits for nobody.

Do you have any proof they work wonders or are they just charlatan?

Yes they do work wonder and there are facts. Muslims are not here to deceive in order to win souls

Please read this from a christian brother Kiwi, what Aayatul Kursiy did to his life and stopped the jinn from disturbing him:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-17665.288.html
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Jarus(m): 9:08am On Jan 05, 2009
Jazakumullahu khaeran babs,
Great real life account from Kiwi there. That is how powerful Ayatul Kursiyyu(Q2:255), and indeed every verse of the Qur'an, is.
I have copied and pasted his real life narration here.

Fellow Nairalanders,

Pardon me for I am not a Moslem but here to convey something to everybody.

I feel that it is appropriate for me to tell you something very important, regarding my most favourite Surat in the Qu'ran. This story of mine has got a lot to do with this thread. So, please be patient and read on.

I am a Christian by birth but I've also got a Moslem name which I changed to, voluntarily, by deed poll at a Solicitor's in Burnley (UK), back in 1990. I liked the name, hence changed to it. The Moslem name had ever since, stuck with me, in addition to my Christian name. I now answer to both names.

I had never stepped into a Mosque either, in all my life, until just a few days ago. I can not read the Qu'ran, neither can I read Arabic. I originate from the Niger Delta but live abroad and have done so for many, many years.

Here's my story and how the Surat AYAT-AL KURSI has protected me from jinns (ghosts) in my house. I live alone in my house but do have a girlfriend. I've lived in this house for many years.

Back in 2004, I was trying to print a document from a website on the Internet. The document got printed but I was amazed to find another document that also got printed at the same time. The document had strange characters on it that I had never ever, seen before. However, the printer had deciphered the strange characters and made sense of it such that I could read the message on it.

On seeing this, I began to cry, thinking that perhaps my late mum who died when I was a kid was trying to make contact with me. Needless to say, I showed the strange document to my friends here in the UK as well told my family and friends in the USA and Canada. This was how I left it and kept the document in my briefcase.

A week or so later, I was trying to print a document, this time, not from the Internet, but a document that I had just written. I was very much aware of the document that got printed previously so, was a bit nervous this time. Anyway, the printer started printing so, I looked towards the printer to see the document that was being printed. Surprisingly, the same strange document was being printed again! I then took a look at my print spool, and to my utter surprise, the original document that I wanted to print had been paused. Yes, someone had put a tick on the 'pause' box. I never ever did it - all I wanted was to print my document so simply clicked 'print', as you would. I didn't know where that pause came from because I didn't do it.

Anyway, I swiftly called my mate Dave, and told him about it. He was shocked, saying that it was weired. I also told other friends of mine and family members. My Indian friend in Canada was also amazed. Anyway, that was that. I just filed both documents in a folder and left them in my briefcase. I've still got those two strange documents up 'til now.

One thing I'll have to say is that I never, ever get scared because I have never harmed anybody in my life. I couldn't see the reason as to why I should be scared. Moreover, this was a new house that I bought and had lived there from day one. The house is built on an old mill in a small private estate. Anyway, I just carried on with my usual care-free life. Happy-go-lucky as ever, with no cares in the world.

After these two events, things started to manifest themselves in my house, most noticeably late last year. Sometimes, as I got up from bed to go to the toilet, I could hear the door handle in my bedroom creak, as if someone was opening the door for me. The door never got opened but it was definitely making noise as though, someone was trying to open the door. I could also hear very loud bangs in the third bedroom which is my office, sometimes, on the landing as well. The dishes (plates) in the kitchen would also clatter at times.

Early this year, I noticed that the toilet started to smell badly even though I hadn't been to the toilet. There is no window in my toilet, only an expel-air that starts off, the moment you switch on the toilet light. It had always diffused the smell after going to the loo.

The smell from the toilet was over-powering as you walked up the stairs. This was happening, even though I hadn't been to the toilet, and with the toilet doors open. I just couldn't understand where the smell was coming from. I tried all forms of toilet freshners but the smell was always there. Anyway, I just ignored it for a bit but wasn't happy about it because I couldn't understand where it was coming from.

Things came to a head mid-March of this year. Yes, things began to manifest themselves properly to me in March. You see, I was working in my kitchen with the earphones of my mobile phone plugged into my ears and listening to my favourite music. This was in the afternoon.

All of a sudden, I heard a wolf whistle in my right ear! - a wolf whistle is the name given to the type of whistling that a guy does when he sees a beautiful girl that's walking down the road, if you see what I mean. The whistling was very faint the first time I heard it. Within a second or so, I heard the whistling again, but much louder, this time. Typical of me, I ignored it but was amazed, to say the least. In fact, I smiled a bit because, as I said before, I never get frightened of such things being that I had never harmed anybody in all my life. I just couldn't see why I should be scared.

The biggest amazement of my life occured on the 2nd of April, this year, at around 2.15 pm. As usual, I was working in my kitchen, whilst listening to music from my mobile phone with the earphones on. All of a sudden, the music stopped and a male voice rang out in my right ear, saying:

'No more sound'

I was shocked, utterly shocked, to say the least. I quickly pulled out the earphone from my right ear, looked at it and then plugged it back into my right ear and screamed out loudly, saying:

'Go away'

This was the end of it for me because ever since that day, I refused to listen to music in my mobile phone as I didn't want to go through that experience again.

Anyway, that evening, I sought help by going to a Nigerian gentleman whom I consider to be my Godfather. He then rang up a priestess who also happens to be Nigerian but actually lives in London. She then prayed for me over the phone and asked me never to be scared. Both of them gave me passages in the Bible to read.

Needless to say, I didn't even have a Bible so, went and bought one from the bookshop. I then began to read the specific passages that were recommended to me - Psalm 3:1, 23:1, 25.1, 144:1, Numbers 14:1, Matthew 6:9. Some of the above verses were ones that I got from the Internet. I particularly had to memorise 'The Lord's Prayer' because I had forgotten it from when I got taught about the Bible as a kid, back in Nigeria.

I felt comfortable and happy to know that I was reciting those verses in the Bible before going to bed and in the mornings as I woke up. I kept the Bible under my pillow. I had also learnt how to make Holy Water (thanks to the Internet and Youtube) and was using it to sprinkle my house.

I felt that the presence in the house wasn't strong anymore. A lot of the activities such as the loud bangings on the floorboards upstairs (this used to be quite frequent at times), the loud noise on the landing, as well as plates clattering in the kitchen, all seemed to have subsided.

However, I still felt that there was some presence in the house. I could feel it, although I can swear that nobody ever touched me at night or anything like that. I was always able to sleep peacefully, without any harm, I must say.

Still, I knew that things weren't quite right. I knew it. So, I tried other forms of protection recommended on the Internet, such as smudging with sage, placing sea salt in each room, burning incense in the house, placing nails on my window sills, placing a knife on top of each doorway and so on.

Even then, things would quieten down for a bit and start all over again. One night, I was working until 12 midnight and just as I was about to pack up and go upstairs to bed, I heard this almighty bang on the kitchen work-top. A massive bang I must say. I looked around and swore, to somehow, find out who it was that was doing this and what they wanted from me, saying that I never invited any of them into my house and that they shouldn't be there without my invitation, in the first place.

Anyway, I wasn't fazed but got some crosses from my friend who is a Catholic and lives in Huddersfield. He advised me to hang the crosses in all the bedrooms, kitchen, lounge and toilet, which I did.

After this, everything seemed to have gotten quiet for a while (no more strange smell from the toilet either) but I just couldn't relax because, sometimes, I felt that I was being watched in the toilet. I even took a photograph of my toilet and seemed to notice something like a blue shower curtain in the corner of the toilet, reflecting on the tiles. By the way, I haven't got a shower in my bathroom. So, anyway, I left it at that.

One day, I decided to speak to my Asian friends about it. These guys are Moslems (some are possibly Hindus) and there's a Mosque that's not too far from my house - about a mile away, if that. They advised me to go and see the Imam in the Mosque and that he would help me. I was asked to take my shoes off before going into the Mosque. Luckily, one of them offered to take me there, so, off we went, just over a week ago.

When we got to the Mosque, my guide went to pray whilst I stood there waiting for him. Anyway, I decided to ask someone as to whether I could possibly see the Imam. I was then advised to wait until after the prayers. I waited and eventually, the Imam was told about me so, I went up to him as he came to the lobby. I then told him about my problems, specifically mentioning the presence of 'jinn' in my house and the type of things that I had noticed over a period of time.

Unfortunately, the Imam told me that he couldn't help me because he hadn't had such an experience in the past. How so disappointed I was! So, so disappointed because I felt that the Imam would have been able to help me, going by what my Moslem friends told me.

Anyway, with that disappointment, I decided to do some research on the Internet and luckily found out about Al-Baqarah:255, from an online Moslem website.

There, I read that the Ayat-Al Kursti is the most powerful verse in the Qu'ran. I also learnt a lot about jinns there. I then went off to download some questions and answers given on that website. In some of the answers, they also recommended calling the name 'Bismillah' if faced with specific problems.

I also went to Youtube to view video clips of Ayat-Al Kursti and indeed, downloaded some of the video clips to my computer, from where I transferred them to my mobile phone.

Praise be to Allah, my problems with jinns (ghosts) completely stopped, the moment I started playing 'Ayat-Al Kursti' both on my computer and mobile phone. I listen to it in the morning and at night, just before going to bed. Over time, I hope to memorise and recite it.

EVERYTHING HAS STOPPED! I MEAN EVERYTHING AND THERE'S NO MORE JINN IN MY HOUSE. NO MORE!! THANKS BE TO ALLAH.

Fellow Nigerians, please remember this story of mine and never forget to memorise the Ayat-al Kursti. Personally, I will always play/recite it in my house as long as I live. There's no more jinn in my house and everything is peaceful now.

PRAISE BE TO ALLAH.

kiwi992.

He also said this in another thread: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=2272.msg3113253#msg3113253
Hey Gam,

Glad that you did.

It's an eye-opener to the fact that these things do actually exist without any doubt whatsoever. I don't know about vampires but spirits and aliens, yes.

The Qu'ran did open my eyes to the existence of jinns (ghosts) after my personal experiences. So far, so good, in my house.

Islam has solution to every problem, but it is a pity some Muslims look elsewhere for solutions, where there is none. Or at least, temporary,conditional 'solutions' like using evil means, usually by contract. I just laugh when I see some Muslims go about troubling themselves, consulting Pastors, herbalists and deviant Alfas for solutions to their so-called spiritual problems, when the solution lies right there in the Qur'an and Sunnah.
The problem with many of us Muslims is ignorance. We don't care about Islamic knowledge. With proper understanding of Islam, we will easily understand all the mysteries of this life. This Nairalander Kiwi, for example, got to know about Ayatul Kursiyyu through the internet. He downloaded it from an Islamic website and played it on his phone in his house, and, like the Prophet made us to know over 1400 years ago, it worked wonders for him in far away UK. That is Islam for you!

Please, brothers and sisters in Islam, let us go and seek for knowledge. With knowledge of Jinns, for example, you know the symptoms of presence of Jinn. Kiwi was living with Jinns in his house, troubling him, making his printer print strange things, knocking the door, making some sounds etc, yet invisible to him.This is jinn at work. But the jinn can't stand that Qur'anic verse(Ayatul kursiyyu), as it fled on hearing it.

We hope we all have learnt from this thread. We thank earthmama for asking the question. We will advise kiwi to reflect over this manifestation of the power of Allah and accept Islam. Allah is merciful. We advise Funmi too to do a deeper, objective research into Islam, perhaps God almighty may make her see the truth as truth and accept it and see falsehood as falsehood and denounce it. How pathetic will it be on the day of judgment, if after hearing and knowing all these, one still falls into the group of people that will be used as fuel for hellfire, with one's mind flashing back to this discussion and saying ''aahh, and these guys said this on Nairaland when we were alive o'', but it will be too late then.

This is food for thought.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam And Exorcism by babs787(m): 9:10pm On Jan 06, 2009
In addition to your post:

Islam has solution to every problem, but it is a pity some Muslims look elsewhere for solutions, where there is none. Or at least, temporary,conditional 'solutions' like using evil means, usually by contract. I just laugh when I see some Muslims go about troubling themselves, consulting Pastors, herbalists and deviant Alfas for solutions to their so-called spiritual problems, when the solution lies right there in the Qur'an and Sunnah.

Human problems and solutions

Why did Allah allow multitude of problems to threaten our existence on earth? This had been the basic question which many great men in human history have been asking since time immemorial. And the Almighty Allah, the Supreme Creator gives the necessary answer thus:

Quran 2 v 214: Or do you (mankind) think you shall enter the garden (of paradise) without such trials as come to those who passed away before you? They encountered suffering and adversity and were so shaken in spirit that even the messenger (of God) and those of faith who were with him creid , ‘when will come the help of Allah?. Ah! Verily, the help of Allah is always near.

Furthermore, the Almighty Allah states thus:

Quran 2 v 155: (Oh mankind) be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hubger, some loss in goods, lives, and the fruits (of your labour) but (oh Muhammed saw), give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere.

Considering the above quoted verses, we are told that troubles and problems are part of human existence designed by Allah, the Almighty to test our faith and steadfastness in Him.

Some people believe that every good happening is from God while every bad thing and evil thing is from satan, the devil. This belief is certainly not true because to to hold to such a belief is to raise satan to the status of all wise and all knowing which is only for Allah. Allah states in the Holy Quran that:

Quran 6 v 57: the (supreme) command (of all occurrence) rest with none but Allah (the Almighty)

So, as muslims, whenever any good thing happens to us, we should thank Allah for it and equally whenever any bad thing happens, we should wholeheartedly admit that it is also from Allah. Considering those people who might wish to mislead us in our time of troubles by making us to believe that the problems we are undergoing is as a result of the acts of some devilish people, Allah commands us to reply them thus:

Quran 9 v 5: say!, nothing will happen to us except what Allah has decreed for us! He is our Protector and in Allah let the beliebers put their trust.

Or otherwise if during the time of our troubles and problems, a non-muslim approaches us and promises solution to our problems saying that if only we could accept any other beings as our personal lord and saviour, or follow him or her to their religious house, or to a herbalist, soothsayer, withdoctor etc. Almighty Allah commands us thus

Quran 9 v 129: say!, Allah is sufficient for me. There is no God (and saviour) but He, on Him (only) is my trust.

Also Allah states thus:

Quran 3 v 160: if Allah helps you, none can overcome you, (likewise) if he forsakes you, who is there after that can help you? In Allah then. Let believers put their trust.

In order to relive us of our worries and uneasiness and as an assurance that He (Allah) is always ready to hear and answer our prayers, He commands the Holy Prophet Muhammed thus :

Quran 2 v 186: when my servants ask thee concerning me, I am indeed close (to them). I respond to the prayers of every supplicant when he calls on me (but let them also, with a will to listen to my call and believe in me, that they may walk in right way)

Also

Quran 2 v 153 : o ye who believe! Seek (Allah’s) help with patient, perseverance and prayer, for Allah is with those who patiently persevere.

And equally also, Allah advises the generality of the Muslims whenever they are in problems to always

Quran 7 v 128: pray for help from Allah and (then wait) in patience and constancy.

In addition, there are times when our prayers may seem unanswered by Allah, and if that happens and our faith is not all that strong, we might be tempted by the devil to seek for solutions elsewhere. But as sincere and faithful Muslims, if such a solution should occur, we must wholeheartedly accept it to be the will of the Almighty Allah and continue with our prayers to Him. Allah says

Quran 2 v 249: Allah is with those who steadfastly persevere.

Moreover, if our prayer seem to be unanswered at times, it may be a deliberate act by Allah for our own good because granting of request by Allah sometimes may be to our own peril. This is so because Allah our creator understands our human psyche, hence, He is the best judge and best planner.

Therefore, He withholds demands until the time He knows our demands would be of great benefits to us. And to this end, Allah states that:

Quran 2 v 216 : but it is possible that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knows and you know not.

However, as faithful muslims, we should believe that Allah is our creator and also He, is the only one who can give lasting solutions to all worldly problems.

Maa Salam
Re: Islam And Exorcism by emmydee(m): 1:16pm On Jun 10, 2009
just reading thruogh o
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Nezan(m): 1:28pm On Jun 10, 2009
scary lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Islam And Exorcism by nickybayo(f): 2:05pm On Jun 10, 2009
woah

i sure wouldnt mind the recitation of kurisiyu in my ear
it sure beats the using of canes and almost drowning the celes use

so existence of jinn means demon do exist?
all this are confusing
i dont even know wht to believe anymore
Re: Islam And Exorcism by bolseas(f): 2:06pm On Jun 10, 2009
@ Jarus, babs787- i ll say Janzakumullah Airhan

i had to copy all the discussions in to MSword and so far i have 23 pages.

May Allah (SWT) continue to increase your knowledge.

Also Earthmama/funmi,

i really have to thank you for bringing up this topic. from all indications u are a xtian, so u may not understand that u ve indirectly attracted a lot of blessings 2 yourself bcs this thread has enlightend many pple.

Kiwis story was scary bt d guy get liver sha, i trust myself, i go don run 440 comot for the house.
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Jarus(m): 2:52pm On Jun 10, 2009
nickybayo:

woah

so existence of jinn means demon do exist?
all this are confusing
i dont even know wht to believe anymore

Jinn do exist. I'm too convinced about it.
Re: Islam And Exorcism by hydroking23(m): 3:21pm On Jun 10, 2009
Its a very interesting read.  My question is regarding Islam, Judaism and Christianity.

Why is it that neither Judaism nor Christianity predict the coming of another prophet who will redefine or reestablish a new or revised doctrine of God?  

Mohammed is regarded as the Seal of Prophets or the last prophet of God, yet his coming was never predicted or spoken of from Judaism or Christianity.  Yet the Hewbrew Prophets predicted the coming of Jesus and Jesus predicted the coming of False prophets after him.  So why don't any of these doctrines tell us about the coming of a new doctrine(Islam) or a new/last Prophet(Mohammed)?
Re: Islam And Exorcism by sosisi(f): 3:25pm On Jun 10, 2009
But when push comes to shove they show up at a crusade lipsrsealed
didn't yaradua invite TB Joshua to lay hands on him.
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Lagosboy: 3:26pm On Jun 10, 2009
hydroking23:

Its a very interesting read. My question is regarding Islam, Judaism and Christianity.

Why is it that neither Judaism nor Christianity predict the coming of another prophet who will redefine or reestablish a new or revised doctrine of God?

Mohammed is regarded as the Seal of Prophets or the last prophet of God, yet his coming was never predicted or spoken of from Judaism or Christianity. Yet the Hewbrew Prophets predicted the coming of Jesus and Jesus predicted the coming of False prophets after him. So why don't any of these doctrines tell us about the coming of a new doctrine(Islam) or a new/last Prophet(Mohammed)?

The docrines did but when the prophet came they did not accept him partly because he never arose from the jewish tribes rather he arose from the arabs. Just the same way the jews never accepted Jesus despite the numerous prophecies about him in the old testament.

There are several verses in the bible muslims believe made specific references to prophet Muhammed (PBUH ) and there are several threads here to that regards . I will not derail this topic but will search for the links for you and post it here for you to read.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar / Kenyan Cancer Patient Goes To Hajj For His Last Wish / Baby Born With Rosary In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.