Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,684 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Islam And Exorcism - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam And Exorcism (40494 Views)

Islam And Obedience To Leaders / Baby Naming In Islam And The Modern Society. / Islam And Polio Vaccine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam And Exorcism by afix(m): 3:42pm On Jun 10, 2009
thanks my dear brother in islam
SALAM.
Re: Islam And Exorcism by hydroking23(m): 4:10pm On Jun 10, 2009
Lagosboy:

The docrines did but when the prophet came they did not accept him partly because he never arose from the jewish tribes rather he arose from the arabs. Just the same way the jews never accepted Jesus despite the numerous prophecies about him in the old testament.

There are several verses in the bible muslims believe made specific references to prophet Muhammed (PBUH ) and there are several threads here to that regards . I will not derail this topic but will search for the links for you and post it here for you to read.

Any links provided would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance. And my sincere apologizes for going off topic
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 10, 2009
@Jarus,

I wish all Muslims are like you, I am a christian and I totally support what funmi has been saying.
even at that, I like your personality.

@Funmi, Such arguments could cost you ur life if you are in the wrong place. Except you are ready to be a martyr grin grin
A lady was burnt in the north for an offence far lesser than what u just did.
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Jarus(m): 7:25pm On Jun 10, 2009
webdezzi:

@Jarus,

I wish all Muslims are like you, I am a christian and I totally support what funmi has been saying.
even at that, I like your personality.

@Funmi, Such arguments could cost you ur life if you are in the wrong place. Except you are ready to be a martyr grin grin
A lady was burnt in the north for an offence far lesser than what u just did.

We have a special section on NL, ISLAM FOR MUSLIMS SECTION, where we welcome non-Muslims sincerely asking questions on Islam and Muslims. It's just a pity that some people do come there to cause trouble. Funmi used to be our friend there. She was quite civil and polite in asking her question and that was why this thread was a success. A lot of similar threads were killed by intruders.
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 10, 2009
Jarus:

We have a special section on NL, ISLAM FOR MUSLIMS SECTION, where we welcome non-Muslims sincerely asking questions on Islam and Muslims. It's just a pity that some people do come there to cause trouble. Funmi used to be our friend there. She was quite civil and polite in asking her question and that was why this thread was a success. A lot of similar threads were killed by intruders.

Jarus i dont think you're being fair or honest at all. What exactly do you mean by non-muslims being welcome to ask "sincere" questions?

The other day i "sincerely" asked that a few muslims prove to me that Asiya (as mentioned by mohammad WITHOUT PROOF) ever existed as a queen in Egypt. Despite providing plenty of counter evidence . . . it was removed SWIFTLY and i was banned for the day. So what really are "sincere" questions and what is "trouble"? Daring to ask that muslims provide evidence for their historical claims is = trouble?

I think a lot of threads die here because muslims dont have answers to the questions and are afraid of learning the truth. There are swarms of atheists on our section AND YET its way more alive than this place.
Re: Islam And Exorcism by loma(m): 7:44pm On Jun 10, 2009
@Jarus & co,

One of the best threads I have read on Nairaland in a long while.  I am impressed.  You did not just pass through Ife,you also passed through Awo Hall Mosque!

1 Like

Re: Islam And Exorcism by omobaba101(m): 7:47pm On Jun 10, 2009
Quote from: earTHMama on December 24, 2008, 01:38 AM
Do I know? You should be able to tell us. The only significance I can think of is terrorism unless you have otherwise.

Shut your mou.f, clown!
@ Mr Crackles,
Can you really divorce Islam from terrorism? Stop deceiving urself, wake up; see ur blood pressure is high on simple chatting. How many times have you talked about Christians and Jesus here and you keep laughing, just a little thing you are almost blowing the place up with bomb
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Lagosboy: 7:56pm On Jun 10, 2009
davidylan:

Jarus i dont think you're being fair or honest at all. What exactly do you mean by non-muslims being welcome to ask "sincere" questions?

The other day i "sincerely" asked that a few muslims prove to me that Asiya (as mentioned by mohammad WITHOUT PROOF) ever existed as a queen in Egypt. Despite providing plenty of counter evidence . . . it was removed SWIFTLY and i was banned for the day. So what really are "sincere" questions and what is "trouble"? Daring to ask that muslims provide evidence for their historical claims is = trouble?

I think a lot of threads die here because muslims dont have answers to the questions and are afraid of learning the truth. There are swarms of atheists on our section AND YET its way more alive than this place.

If any sincere person read this very successful thread , one thing is a fact davidylan has been absent and it was successfull. First post by you and it is another controversial and irrelevant Asiya issue, i was banned bla bla bla you are bring up. Moderator pls delete his comment and lets keep the thread sane.
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Jarus(m): 7:59pm On Jun 10, 2009
davidylan:

Noted.

Lagosboy:

If any sincere person read this very successful thread , one thing is a fact davidylan has been absent and it was successfull. First post by you and it is another controversial and irrelevant Asiya issue, i was banned bla bla bla you are bring up. Moderator pls delete his comment and lets keep the thread sane.
Noted too.

Let's try to restrict ourselves to the subject.
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Jarus(m): 8:09pm On Jun 10, 2009
the gullible are simply sitting there crying jazakallah while others copy and paste what they know not.
Can you tell us who is copying and pasting? And from where? And how you, the encyclopedia of Islam, know they know not?

You can as well challenge us on any of the issues we discussed here, at least you are not gullible?
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 10, 2009
Jarus:

You can as well challenge us on any of the issues we discussed here, at least you are not gullible?

hopefully it wont get me banned.

1. How does a jinn convert to islam and who exactly is a jinn?
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Jarus(m): 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2009
davidylan:

hopefully it wont get me banned.

1. How does a jinn convert to islam and who exactly is a jinn?
1, By pronouncing the 'shahadah', that is, testifying that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) is His messenger. if while exorcising an afflicted person, the Jinn speaks and you preach Islam to him and he accepts, you ask him to say the above statement. If after going he reverts, that is his own cup of tea.

1b. Jinns are special creation of Allah just like human beings. They occupy the same earth with us. They have their world entirely. They are ordinarily invisible to us, except they take human or animal or object form. Allah talks extensively about them in the Qur'an. There are good ones among them, just as there are bad ones. There are Muslim ones just as there are non-muslims one. The nearest English translation is 'demon' people talk about but the way people picture what they call demon is somehow different from the Islamic concept of Jinn, that is why the word Jinn (what Qur'an calls it) is being preferred even when talking about them in English rather than demons etc. For example, demon is seen as only evil, there are good jinns(but whether good or bad a Muslim is prohibited from interfering in their lives or consult them or use them or seek help from them).
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 10, 2009
Is a good jinn similar to an angel?
Re: Islam And Exorcism by loma(m): 8:47pm On Jun 10, 2009
davidylan:

No.  While jinns were created by Allah from fire, angels were created from light.

Also, while angels are infallible, men and jinn can be good or bad
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Lagosboy: 8:52pm On Jun 10, 2009
davidylan:

A good example is the devil, in Islam shaiytan was never an angel but he was a jinn Surah Kahf 18 vs 60 states it .

Angels do not have a free will and they cannot disobey God but jinns are just like humans as they have free wills to choose between good or bad,
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 10, 2009
In essence, Jinns are "humans" in spirit form?

What were they created for?
Re: Islam And Exorcism by olabowale(m): 11:37pm On Jun 10, 2009
Jinns are created for the same thing man is created for: worship Allah. Worship must be voluntary, so that those who will go to Paradise at least create avenue for receiving Mercy.Those who on the other hand refuse to worship in the right and chosen way, will be metered just deserved punishment in Hell.

Jinns are in as many religions that man have; Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduisn, etc and even Atheists. Every human have a jinn created with him.
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Bashbaba(m): 9:51am On Jun 11, 2009
@Jarus

I will rather say may Allah be pleased with you. May He 4giv u, have mercy on u, guide u, support u, protect u, provide 4 u , elevate u & increase u in knowledge and wisdom. May Allah makes ur last day, ur best day .Ur last deed , d best of ur deeds…….And 4 ur best day?, The day u will meet Allah (S.W) . Amin.

Almost nothing could be added to the justice you have done to this topic. Just like you had, I hav heard about exorcism, attended a lots of lectures and been at a place where exorcism was exercised. The only contribution that I want to make is that if the exorcist does not meet up with one or more of the criteria you mentioned , there is a risk of the Jinn leaving the body of the possessed to the body of the exorcist .But mostly, a case of mocking and warning of exorcist is often heard .

Again, as you have said, most jinns are agents of Shaytan except the practicing muslims among them just like some non practicing muslims (human) and unbelievers (non muslims) could be agents of Shaytan. But in the realm or world of the jinn, they could be categorized into about 5 or 6 among which we have :

1.The Shaytan who is the grand master because Quran describe Shaytan as a jinn in some verses of the Quran. It resemble them in its creation….from fire .So, jinns could be agent of Satan but Satan himself , a jinn.

2.The Jinn dt frightens the children especially in their sleep or dream . Islam teaches us what to do to children every night before they sleep so as to drive these type of jinn away from our homes.

3.The individual jinn in every person just like our shadows .They are mostly call Qorin . Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W) was reported to have said that everybody has Qorin and even himself.He furthered that Allah have make his own Qorin subdued to him.That is why all those etiquettes of how a muslim enters the toilet , the house and others as mentioned by Prophet Muhammed (S.AW) and reminded us by a Nairalander ,Jerus must be perfectly observed in other to hands them off of all we do in our homes .They virtually do everything with us if all these things are not observed .This story was related for us to understand how to bring the jinns in ourselves down to what they are supposed to be.2 jinns met and were discussing .One lean and the other fat .The lean one asked the fat one what he does to make him the way he was and he told him he lived wt a non muslim who doesn’t invoke the name of Allah in everything he does. ‘’We eat and do everything together’’, the jinn had said. The lean one said he lived wt a muslim and that b4 he eats ,he says what to be said and I cant join him again . ‘’For this he does for every of his activities’’. Another unknown wonder under this type of jinn is when you visit Alfas who use Jinns in performing ‘’miracle’’ just as Jerus put it .Going to him will make your Qorin subdue for his Qorin (Alfa’s Qorin) and when his Qorin interact with urs ,his Qorin knows ur problem through ur Qorin and since his Qorin interact wt him,his Qorin tells him what he knows and what to do .Similar to this is the resemblance of somebody U see after the person must have reported dead .These are alws Qorins of pple who are not believers or other jinns that are at works.

@fellis
Great post Jarus. I enjoyed reading it. I have one of the books you mentioned, The World of the Jinn and devils. It was written by Dr. Umar Sulaiman al-Ashqar. It contains some of what you wrote here. I found reading it scary. . . .
But that was before.
@earthmama, u said a senior jinn can cast out a junior jinn in order to make the victim more comfortable with their methods of worship or faith.
I agree.
That's what I think about christians casting out demons. (no offence).

Superior Jinn can actually cast out an inferior one based on the principle of what Islam calls oppression which particularly raises its head when a smaller jinn is cast out by the superior for him to reside in the one who is possessed .Islam frowns at oppression and the principle is No man must mingle wt the jinns and jinns are not to mingle wt men .If they do ,they are to be exorcized .There is nothing wrong in a muslim jinn to cast out a devilish jinn in man for him to set the man free .But if aftermath he decides to stay,it has gone beyond its boundary .There has been cases where Mallam asked some jinns why they were where they were and they eventually said they helped the possessed to cast out the initial oppressors(jinns).They had to leave when the mallam intervened. It is an injustice in the sight of Allah to disturb each other as we live in different worlds.They, like the human being will be called to account for their deeds.

Man don’t be offended , Christains are very near to us and they could be good pple too .There is no place where Allah said in the Quran that they will not be admitted into paradise except those who heard the teachings of the last prophet but failed to comply .Also Remember these Quranic verses:

‘’Strongest among men in enmity To the Believers wilt thou Find the Jews and Pagans: And nearest among them in love To the Believers wilt thou find those who say, ‘’we are Christains’’: Because amongst these are men devoted to learning And men who have renounced The world, and they Are not arrogant’’. Interpretation of the meanings of the Holy Quran 5 vs 82

Also, the interpretation of the meanings of the Holy Quran 5 Vs 69 says:
‘’ Those who believe (in the Quran), Those who follow the Jewish (scriptures),And the Sabians and the Christains-Any who believe in Allah And the Last Day, And work righteously-On them shall be no fear, Nor shall they grieve.

If at the end of this, somebody wants to differ from the decree of Allah, we cant not force such a person to agree and not to mock as Allah put it succinctly clear when He said:
‘’………If Allah had so willed, He would have made you A single people , but (His Plan is) to test you in what He hath given you; so strive As in a race in all virtues.The goal of you all is to Allah; It is He that will show you The truth on the matters in which ye dispute’’.Quran 5 Vs 48

‘’And now they reject The truth when it reaches them ; but soon shall they learn the reality of what They used to mock at’’ Quran 6 Vs 5. Also Quran 6 Vs 7 intuitively said ‘’If We had sent Unto thee a written (Message) on parchment, So that they could Touch it with their hands The Unbelievers would Have been sure to say: ‘’This is nothing but obvious magic!’’

In other not to force anybody into believing which I know you know is not within your power Allah said in part of Quran 6Vs 39:

‘’Allah sends astray whom He wills and He guides on the straight path whom He wills’’. All these are meanings of the interpretation of the Holy Quran.

@earthmama
A demonic spirit that assumes many forms. Sometimes it may attack you by appearing in form of your dead relative thereby making you believe that dead people can appear live on earth. sometimes, it comes by possessing you and guiding you to one of his emissaries for exorcism, if those people succeed in casting him out[which they will because they work together], you'll be hooked to that false faith. Familiar spirits can also attack you in the form of an angel thereby making you believe the message he gave you is from almighty God.

What you have described is still the works of the jinns.
have you heard of familiar spirits?. That is phoney spirits that mimic the evil spirit or sometimes mimic the spirit of God?. The alhaji may have dealt with that. Do the treat cases of abikun/ogbanje?[/color][color=#990000]

In Islam, any exorcist that is short of all those criteria mentioned ,are only camouflaging and if they perform exorcism be it as mimic spirit/jinn/familiar jinn/ phoney jinn are still jinn themselves or tools of jinns (as they work together) . Even if Alhaji have used this means (I am not saying he did),he had not done it in Islamic way and had only be part of the oppression displayed by the jinn. And this, a trusted mallam will definitely fix out.So in Islam,there is nothing like familiar jinn because you cant still get things right if a jinn resides in you

@earthmama
Do you know that evil spirits can leave her host and possess the exorcist or those standing by during exorcism?. What has islam done to take care of those that indulge in the practice of exorcism so as not to get hurt or possessed?

If the exorcist is not strong enough, has no clear knowledge and understanding of what he is doing as per possessing spiritual criteria mentioned by Jarus , the jinn could leaves the poseesed and enters him. sometimes he could slap him .But if he has, nothing will happen .The jinn cannot actually enter anybody present because he knows that the exorcist will definitely conquers him (the jinn) again since the exorcist will alws recorgnize the presence of the jinn.(this last sentence is my opinion as I have not heard or read anything of such anywhere but I can make verification if the need be .Do not hesitate to throw it back at me if confirmed not correct by Islamic faith.I don’t want to say what Islam has not said) .
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 11, 2009
@Bashbaba,
thanx 4 d correction, I'm not offended at all. I didn't respond that way because I have a thing against christians. Was a kind of repartee to what I was expecting from earthmama after she asked the question. She had a way of stirring up trouble sometimes.
What are the etiquette of putting children to sleep to avoid attack from the jinn?
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Bashbaba(m): 12:24pm On Jun 11, 2009
Dear all,
I am sorry that I made the earlier contribution.I only realized that the thread is of 3 sections after I have posted my contribution.Now, going through it again,I discovered that the topic had been done a thorough and heavy blow.May Allah be with those from whom their pots of knowledge, our thirsts have been quenched!I need not mention names.Allah knows u more than yourselves.This list includes earthmama.Salam alaykun
Re: Islam And Exorcism by alan01: 12:40pm On Jun 11, 2009
May Allah's blessings be upon all the contributors & let truth continue to prevail over falsehood & d doers.
Maa salam.
Re: Islam And Exorcism by ronkeenuf(f): 12:48pm On Jun 11, 2009
aaah,refreshing

Reading this thread from the begining has certainly been refreshing. May Allaah increase all that have contributed to this thread in knowledge as He has done to me through you all.Alhamdulilah and jazakhumlahkaeran to the contributors.

salamalaykum wink
Re: Islam And Exorcism by shawn123: 2:03pm On Jun 11, 2009
like they say we learn everyday. I have learnt alot from this thread. Thanks to all the contributors.
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Abuzola(m): 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2009
Poster, the christain are far from the truth they won't even smell paradise talklesss of enter, Do you know trhe gravity of shrik in the sight of Allah ? so tremendous that not even the whole world full with gold won't be accepted, Allah forgives all sins except associating partner with him, And Allah says the christians are the highest degree of disbelievers for their saying that Alllah is one of the three (trinity).
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Abuzola(m): 3:24pm On Jun 11, 2009
In suratul jinn we are made to know that Man and jinn collaborate to achieve a certain goal, a very good example of occultic pastors and native doctors.
Agege is where i reside and i haven't seen a whooping number of jinn been cast out like there.
Majority of it's victim are women, jinn rarely possesed a man either because he was charmed or bewitch to run you mad.
My aunty was possesed by jinn, how ? an old woman came to the house and ask her for hot water but she refused being a stranger and at that time she was busy, when the woman went away, my aunt felt some strange feeling and she sent her boy to fetch the woman but nowhere to be found, in the coming days she felt something moving inside her and hearing some voices terrifying her and many suffering, she endured up to a year before making us to know the trauma she have been going through, quickly we called for Ruqiya (Recitation of the Holy Quran), it started like a movie after about 30 minutes drama began to take place, the jinn started sreaming and crying that the Ruqiya be stop, the reciter stopped and questioned her, who she was, she gave her name as Rebbecca and a christian, she narrated to us how she wanted to punish her for not helping her, the reciter tried his possible best to convert her to Islam but of no avail, she said she fear of being outcast (rejected) by her people, the reciter asked her to leave the poor woman's body what she is doing is bad, she refused saying that she has been living there for months and is her home. the reciter continued the recitation the screamed continue loudly and she promised to go out, the reciter stopped and ask her is she the only jinn in these woman, she said they are about 7, he asked the jinn to swear never to come back or enter human's body again and if she do may the torment of Allah descend on her, she affirm, and he instructed her to come out from the victim's mouth and she fled,
This was how she was healed, all the 7 jinns were cast out in the name of Allah, among the jinn there are like 2 atheist, some hausa some fulani and others.
My aunt is hausa
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 11, 2009
A whole seven. Na wa.
Bashbaba no even answer my question again.
To the knowledgeable muslims on the forum:
How does one know when a person is possessed by Jinn? What are the peculiar characters, if any, that the person displays?
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Abuzola(m): 3:50pm On Jun 11, 2009
JInn have tribe like human, religion like human and every other things you can think of, They live longer than man, some of the jinn cast out in my presence claim to be hundreds years of age while others thousands.
I have witness large number of Ruqiya and now am capable of doing it. is interesting but worrrsome, i ve witness two being cast out out from my class mate and many others,
I Can remember in the month of ramadan a woman was pocesesed by it and the Ruqiya was taking place when the jinn cried and cried for the recitation to be stop, when interviewing the jinn claim to be muslim, the reciter told him 'you are a bad muslim' he denied it saying ' i even use to go to tafsir of mallan Bukhari , infact i went there yesterday,' that tafsir was the one i use to attend daily during ramadan.
Jinn are everywhere,
The most stubborn of all jinn are Ifrit,  when the man jinn marry a human woman only death can separate them or he leave a hallmark before leaving the woman after weeks of Ruqiya.
Many women get marry to jinn unknowingly, according to a narration of a jinn, 'the hair of a woman is what attract them the most, though it is a taboo to marry a human but the stubborn one defy their parent instruction and marry them whether they like it or not, the jinn possesed the lady and have sex with her, this is why you see yourself wet in the morning just like that, the jinn will kill or harm any man that propose to marry this lady either through accident or smother, he will only leave her when she die'

According to anoher jinn in bauchi  he says 'Jinn are faster than wind  and can enter any enclosure, be it egg'
Re: Islam And Exorcism by AloyEmeka9: 4:10pm On Jun 11, 2009
@Jarus,
You seem to be very versatile in Islam. Are you a muslim pastor?
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 11, 2009
Abuzola, can u help with the question? Thanx.
And please, don't be hasty about performing the ruqiya on your own unless you are sure you are capable. If you are not qualified to do it, you run the risk of having the jinn posess u.
Re: Islam And Exorcism by dominique(f): 7:43pm On Jun 11, 2009
this has got to be the most insightful and educating threads i've read in this section up to the point where Dawood derailed the the whole thing. . . big ups to my Muslim brothers Jarus, lagosboy, babs and uncle olabs. . .may Allah increase you all in knowledge smiley 

Aloy.Emeka:

@Jarus,
You seem to be very versatile in Islam. Are you a muslim pastor?

lol. . .there's no such thing as a "muslim pastor" we have Imams, Ustaz and Seikhs
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Abuzola(m): 9:24pm On Jun 11, 2009
Yeah felis i won't dare do it if am ignorant of it, a slowpoke can't do ruqiya because jinn are cunning than u expect
Re: Islam And Exorcism by Abuzola(m): 9:36pm On Jun 11, 2009
when doing ruqiya u shouldn't be afraid of the jinn and ur statements should always rest power to ALLAH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar / Kenyan Cancer Patient Goes To Hajj For His Last Wish / Baby Born With Rosary In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.