Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,539 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? (30226 Views)

Woman Electrocuted In Lagos A Month To Her Wedding, Family Blames Fiancé (Photo) / Help!!! Her Husband's Physique Does Not Turn Her On / Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by adebisicutie: 4:59pm On Jan 16, 2015
safarigirl:
once again, I'm forced to reiterate my stand.

My initial point from the onset is: Reduce the dowry, do not scrap the dowry.

All this 'feminist' talk na wash...many feminists have gotten married and 'exorbitant' fees were paid on their heads. You can blow all the hot air you want, when a man comes along, your father and kinsmen will be the ones to deliberate on what he should drop, you can only intervene by pleading for a reduction, but you can't stop the dowry tradition. That's the point I've been trying to make

That's a lie, some of us stand by our words. I stood my ground when I was getting married and my family didn't collect one kobo from my husband or his families. More families are starting to shun bride price especially in my tribe, as my father told my in laws " we are not selling our daughter " and yes a lot if men bring up the I paid your bride price card in any argument.
Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by sevantex(m): 6:20pm On Jan 16, 2015
The guy shuld pay it onli...,She can just appeal to d parents to reduce d list..,there's gonna be life after wedding which is d marriage itself nd naja aint smiling. If its a last option.,she can help out.
Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by safarigirl(f): 8:50pm On Jan 16, 2015
adebisicutie:

That's a lie, some of us stand by our words. I stood my ground when I was getting married and my family didn't collect one kobo from my husband or his families. More families are starting to shun bride price especially in my tribe, as my father told my in laws " we are not selling our daughter " and yes a lot if men bring up the I paid your bride price card in any argument.
thank God you said your tribe, cuz we all know what tribe people bytch about when bride price comes up and it's not Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 16, 2015
safarigirl:
thank God you said your tribe, cuz we all know what tribe people bytch about when bride price comes up and it's not Yoruba

You are a tribalist, first you came at me with the ignorant " Hausa people collect cows " which is a big fat lie and you are coming at another person with this blatant tribalistic comment.
You can have intellectual discourse without picking on tribe or religion madam and not everyone from the north is Hausa

4 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by safarigirl(f): 10:09am On Jan 17, 2015
aisha2:

You are a tribalist, first you came at me with the ignorant " Hausa people collect cows " which is a big fat lie and you are coming at another person with this blatant tribalistic comment.
You can have intellectual discourse without picking on tribe or religion madam and not everyone from the north is Hausa
You know me so well, don't you?
Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by safarigirl(f): 10:09am On Jan 17, 2015
aisha2:

PS Madam Aishatu, you must pick on tribes in certain discussions. Those people that said "I'm sure the girl is Igbo" in the first page weren't accused of tribalism, were they? They just assumed it's Igbo cuz whenever expensive dowry is mentioned, every Nigerian (including your non-tribalistic self) conclues the girl is Igbo. Why? Or is the Igbo tribe the only one that requests exorbitant bride price? Don't throw accusations blindly next time please. I'm far from a tribalist, if you knew a true tribalist, you'd use that term with care. Stating facts does not make one a tribalist and we can't all be diplomats. Danke

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Elder Bros Wife Mouthed Me Out! What do I do now? / Dead Baby Found Abandoned Inside A Gutter In Benin (photo) / 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.