Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P (4997 Views)

Things A Girl Wished Her Boyfriend Knew !! / Ladies, Prayer For Our Boyfriend's Friend.(pic) / 14 Things We Wish Our Girlfriends Knew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by ggrin(f): 7:55pm On Jan 15, 2015
Men claim women are much more complicated than them, but what about our side of the story? It's actually really simple to make a woman happy - if they'd only look out for the signs!
​Boyfriends make the best of friends and amazing lovers, but it goes without saying that sometimes (okay, a LOT of the time) we think men could do more. Familiar phrases spring to mind; 'He never makes enough effort', 'he's always with his friends' and 'he never notices me,' but as they say, boys will be boys.

1. Small things count
Some guys think all they have to do is surprise us once and they’re set for life, but trustus, we're keeping note. Why not pick-up our favourite feel-good treat while you’re on your way home this evening (clue, it's either wine, chocolate or cheese) or buy us that new book we've been talking about non-stop. Trust us, our appreciation will show wink

2. Confidence is hot, arrogance is NOT
Every girl loves a man who’s comfortable in his own skin. It makes us feel safe and protected and nothing feels sexier than that. But arrogance? We. Can’t Stand It angry

3. Chivalry is not dead
Be old fashioned from time to time - we freaking loveit. Pay on the first date, hold the door for us and walk us to the front door kiss

4. Don’t be a man-baby
We’re nurturing, yes. Women love taking care of their men and helping them out, but as soon as we feel like we’re in mummy mode we want out. Most guys are kids at heart, but if we’re doing more than a bit of cuddling (i.e. cutting your food into little pieces) then there’s definitely a BIG problem.

5. Listen and take interest
After a hectic day all we want our man to do is listen. Women like to talk and pour their feelings out - it’s a well known fact. We confide in you, because we trust you to make us feel better. So please just mute the TV, put down your beer and just listen dammit!angry

6. Be honest
It’s true when they say honesty is the best policy. Telling a fib might seem like a great idea now, but women always find out and when we do it ain't pretty. Most importantly, don’t cheat and lie about it. That's just cowardlysad

7. Make us a priority
Women need to feel like they’re more important than an a video game abi wetin em dy call amundecided. Of course men need to spend time with their friends and have some down time, but 3rd place isn’t cool. If your girl doesn't feel like she’s a priority then you're doing something very wrong buddy.

8. Notice the small things
Everyone wants to be noticed by their partner. New hairstyle? New clothes? New dress size? New bra? Say something to acknowledge our effort, besides we (partially) did it for you! tongue

9. Take it slow (in bed)
It can’t get any worse than a man finishing before we've even started. Women take longer to reach orgasm and pre-intimacy is key - take your time and don’t rush. Thank you cheesylipsrsealed

10. Turning down sex is NOT a big deal
More often than not, if we turn down sex, it probably has nothing to do with you. We all have our down days - exhaustion, stress, worry? They’re all major mood killers. It happens - don't take it personally tongue

11. Help us
There’s nothing more irritating than a lazy man. Try helping us out with household chores, the school run and daily errands. It’s just as much your responsibility as it is ours

12. Learn to say sorry
Stop being so stubborn! If it’s your fault and you’re clearly in the wrong you owe it to us. Go on, say the magic word. Sorry can go a long way in relationships...wink

13. Sometimes we really do feel like sh*t
Men think women are attention seekers most of the time, but sometimes we actually do feel like crap. Don’t forget those painful cramps, headaches and PMS. Periods are hell to deal with - give us a breakcry

14. Take care of your hygiene
Some guys ehn Brushed your teeth? Showered? Deodorised? You’re a grown ass man, just do it alreadysad

15. Know yourself
We need to be on the same page. If a man knows what he wants and is self-assured they're a lot less likely to seek fulfilment in pointless things like getting wasted with mates and talking to 10 other chicks, (for which there's zero tolerance for by the way)undecided

16. Do not forget our anniversary or birthday
There’s 365 days in a year and you only have to remember 2 of them, that’s why we get annoyed. Set a reminder on your phone, write it in your planner or tell your mum if you have to (just don't tell us you did), but whatever you do, do NOT forget.but how on earth will you forget my birthday shocked

17. Respect us
Some men don't value their partners as much as they should. Love her like it's your last day, appreciate her for all that she is and be grateful for everything she does. Think about it cool

To All my ladies, Is there something else you wish your man knew? Share it with us gringrin

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by merit12(f): 8:01pm On Jan 15, 2015
Boys read and adjust yourself for change 2015

Op buhari bless you plenty

Op please I'm looking for seun,did you see him?
Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 15, 2015
With women,honesty is the worst policy
unless under oath.

3 Likes

Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by Mathematical(f): 8:02pm On Jan 15, 2015
THAT'S WHY WE'RE GIRLS.. WE ROCK
Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by dkronicle(m): 8:03pm On Jan 15, 2015
When am ready for marriage, number 5-10 and 16 will come in.
Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by Abduletudaye(m): 8:05pm On Jan 15, 2015
Counter thread angry
Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 15, 2015
ggrin:
Men claim women are much more complicated than them, but what about our side of the story? It's actually really simple to make a woman happy - if they'd only look out for the signs!
​Boyfriends make the best of friends and amazing lovers, but it goes without saying that sometimes (okay, a LOT of the time) we think men could do more. Familiar phrases spring to mind; 'He never makes enough effort', 'he's always with his friends' and 'he never notices me,' but as they say, boys will be boys.

1. Small things count
Some guys think all they have to do is surprise us once and they’re set for life, but trustus, we're keeping note. Why not pick-up our favourite feel-good treat while you’re on your way home this evening (clue, it's either wine, chocolate or cheese) or buy us that new book we've been talking about non-stop. Trust us, our appreciation will show wink
At least we tried surprising you once. It's not crime you try same. If you like write an encyclopedia but for we, we don't even need keep notes. Our brain is enough to record all your f_ck-up

Every girl loves a man who’s comfortable in his own skin. It makes us feel safe and protected and nothing feels sexier than that. But arrogance? We. Can’t Stand It angry
Yes, you have to know that our personality is a function of who we are and our attitude a function of who you are! shikina

3. Chivalry is not dead
Be old fashioned from time to time - we freaking loveit. Pay on the first date, hold the door for us and walk us to the front door kiss
Be old fashioned too. I tell you, we won't mind you go on your natural hair or preferably on low-cuts. We really love it that way - ah swear. If it is for everything you want at first date, don't worry we will do it provided you will also do what we want at first date. I won't mention it but....you know naa!

4. Don’t be a man-baby
We’re nurturing, yes. Women love taking care of their men and helping them out, but as soon as we feel like we’re in mummy mode we want out. Most guys are kids at heart, but if we’re doing more than a bit of cuddling (i.e. cutting your food into little pieces) then there’s definitely a BIG problem.
Don't be a woman-baby either. Don't cry or lower your voice like that of a new born baby just to extort or get something from us.

After a hectic day all we want our man to do is listen. Women like to talk and pour their feelings out - it’s a well known fact. We confide in you, because we trust you to make us feel better. So please just mute the TV, put down your beer and just listen dammit!angry
No, We will even stop our breath and listen. I better dial 180 or 181 on my MTN line and keep listening and repeating the menu. Abi i no get work?

6. Be honest
It’s true when they say honesty is the best policy. Telling a fib might seem like a great idea now, but women always find out and when we do it ain't pretty. Most importantly, don’t cheat and lie about it. That's just cowardlysad
You people always find out the truth to be lies. But the lies, you digest all into your system as the truth. We won't cheat if you give us all we want without asking for a dime. In that case, we are paying for services rendered by you, and when what we pay for don't meet to our standard, we opt for a plan-B. So don't blame us baby.

7. Make us a priority
Women need to feel like they’re more important than an a video game abi wetin em dy call amundecided. Of course men need to spend time with their friends and have some down time, but 3rd place isn’t cool. If your girl doesn't feel like she’s a priority then you're doing something very wrong buddy.
I guess you have not heard of the phrase that says "Bros before hoes" else you wont open your mouth(abi phone) and say this. Sorry, my guy remains my priority cos any help i render to him, he shows much appreciation and not taking it as "His right; My responsibilty"

Everyone wants to be noticed by their partner. New hairstyle? New clothes? New dress size? New bra? Say something to acknowledge our effort, besides we (partially) did it for you! tongue
Why should we appreciate things bought with our own money? It is our money so we can choose to appreciate or condemn it and you have no right to question us. Try use your own money, and if we don't appreciate, come back and create another thread.

9. Take it slow (in bed)
It can’t get any worse than a man finishing before we've even started. Women take longer to reach orgasm and pre-intimacy is key - take your time and don’t rush. Thank you cheesylipsrsealed
Heheheheheheheh' I laugh first. Will you tell us how to use what we paid for. It is just like you went to market to buy weave-on and the market woman still wan tell you the style you go make with am. Ihn deh happen? No, you answer am!

More often than not, if we turn down sex, it probably has nothing to do with you. We all have our down days - exhaustion, stress, worry? They’re all major mood killers. It happens - don't take it personally tongue
And if we turn down going out with you, or we opt to going out with another babe, it probably has nothing to do with you either. We all have our down days not so?

11. Help us
There’s nothing more irritating than a lazy man. Try helping us out with household chores, the school run and daily errands. It’s just as much your responsibility as it is ours
Help us to by bring money to run the household. There is no where in the bible or koran that says it's a sin to do so.

12. Learn to say sorry
Stop being so stubborn! If it’s your fault and you’re clearly in the wrong you owe it to us. Go on, say the magic word. Sorry can go a long way in relationships...wink
We will always say sorry when we are wrong but not on occasions where you wrong us and still expect us to say sorry. No it's not done. We are not Jesus.

Men think women are attention seekers most of the time, but sometimes we actually do feel like crap. Don’t forget those painful cramps, headaches and PMS. Periods are hell to deal with - give us a breakcry
We will always like a comfirmatory test to truely confirm that you are really on your period. Once confirmed, trust us, even though konji is a bastard, we can bear while it lasts cos those lump of blood irritate us as well. Though we are sorry about the cramps and we also share in you prayers too for your period to end even though our prayer point might differ.

Some guys ehn Brushed your teeth? Showered? Deodorised? You’re a grown ass man, just do it alreadysad
Hygiene is more a necessity to you than to us. We should be more concerned about yours than you to ours.

15. Know yourself
We need to be on the same page. If a man knows what he wants and is self-assured they're a lot less likely to seek fulfilment in pointless things like getting wasted with mates and talking to 10 other chicks, (for which there's zero tolerance for by the way)undecided
Until you desist from No. 10.

There’s 365 days in a year and you only have to remember 2 of them, that’s why we get annoyed. Set a reminder on your phone, write it in your planner or tell your mum if you have to (just don't tell us you did), but whatever you do, do NOT forget.but how on earth will you forget my birthday shocked
What is wrong if you be our reminder. What if there was no GSM? Abeg! We have many other important issues to think of. Birthdays aint even the one-millionth of them.

17. Respect us
Some men don't value their partners as much as they should. Love her like it's your last day, appreciate her for all that she is and be grateful for everything she does. Think about it cool

To All my ladies, Is there something else you wish your man knew? Share it with us gringrin

We will respect you if you ain't a feminist and are loyal to us. Thank you!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 15, 2015
what we guys understand in girls is dat...

they need money...

plenty money...

notin but money....

stop deceiving us with dis write up!!

2 Likes

Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by herald9: 8:10pm On Jan 15, 2015
If only you knew how to make your boyfriends join Nairaland... He could have known what you wished he knew... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by Truth24(m): 8:11pm On Jan 15, 2015
Busy
Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 15, 2015
My bae is lacking in some points i guess i'll have to copy and paste these to his platform tongue
Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by ggrin(f): 8:16pm On Jan 15, 2015
rubey:
My bae is lacking in some points i guess i'll have to copy and paste these to his platform tongue
grin
Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by ggrin(f): 8:19pm On Jan 15, 2015
herald9:

If only you knew how to make your boyfriends join Nairaland... He could have known what you wished he knew... undecided
he's a nairalander btw smiley
Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 15, 2015
ggrin:
grin

Good points, Thanks beauty kiss
Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by ggrin(f): 8:22pm On Jan 15, 2015
merit12:

em don BAN am
Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by francizy(m): 8:22pm On Jan 15, 2015
All this one cuz of punning? undecided
Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by tojuboy(m): 8:36pm On Jan 15, 2015
ggrin:

1. Small things count

3. Chivalry is not dead

4. Don’t be a man-baby

6. Be honest

7. Make us a priority

9. Take it slow (in bed)

11. Help us

12. Learn to say sorry

15. Know yourself

17. Respect us

i av learnt 4rm dis,i will give it a trial
Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 15, 2015
true as this list is I'd still advice guys to keep the girls wanting some of those things on that list. when u give all u gradually get boring but when there's always something she wants that she's not getting then the desire to change that part of u keeps d bond together. the key is not to overdo it.

1 Like

Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by herald9: 8:42pm On Jan 15, 2015
ggrin:
he's a nairalander btw smiley

Drag him to come reads this... If he still can't do all these after two days,know that it's not our culture undecided
Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by grimandevil: 8:42pm On Jan 15, 2015
ggrin:

1. Small things count

3. Chivalry is not dead

4. Don’t be a man-baby

6. Be honest

7. Make us a priority

9. Take it slow (in bed)

11. Help us

12. Learn to say sorry

15. Know yourself

17. Respect us

all this to make women happy.

how to mak a guy happy. give him
1 food
2sex
3rest

3 Likes

Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by daisyella: 8:42pm On Jan 15, 2015
TRUE TALK
Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 15, 2015
for example....my gf n I have a date. I purposely keep her waiting n I do this a lot. when I finally arrive she starts complaining. then I tell her I was with the guys or I was at work or some other flimsy excuse. she complains that I never have her time. it's always my guys or work, work, work!!! that's usually a perfect time to sweet talk her n then do something unexpected to show her how much I care. this makes her so happy n she thinks she has d perfect man. then of course d cycle starts again but this time I make sure it's another complain! try it. it's fun.

I'll do this when I finally decide to settle down with just one girl...
Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by mirexxx(f): 8:43pm On Jan 15, 2015
uv said it all dear its left for our guys 2 change and become better boyfriend/husbands smiley
Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by Dannidom(m): 9:28pm On Jan 15, 2015
Must you counter thread?

Wel for ur information is a man's world so be content with wat we dish out or remain single

but i feel for y'al. Y'al trying to CHANGE A MAN quite impossible

hey dnt think that we dnt luv you. We luv y'al like there is no tomorow we luv u more than we cud say buh as the saying 'a man gota scratch wat he gota scratch' a man goto do wat should be done

be cool with it

kisses to y'al angels out there

1 Like

Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by braintext(m): 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2015
takes a seat on the last row
Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by AfricanApple(f): 9:37pm On Jan 15, 2015
merit12:
Boys read and adjust yourself for change 2015

Op buhari bless you plenty

yes I did. he was in my room few minute ago, any problem undecided
Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by braintext(m): 9:44pm On Jan 15, 2015
AfricanApple:

what was he doing there? shocked
Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by jmoore(m): 9:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
Copy and paste, put your source there or...
Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 15, 2015
Some of nairaland brother don cause trouble. One of them don buy bobo for these ladies dem mouths don dey run like tailor machine. Be cause dem right one article. i tire o.
Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 15, 2015
ggrin:

1. Small things count

3. Chivalry is not dead

4. Don’t be a man-baby

6. Be honest

7. Make us a priority

9. Take it slow (in bed)

11. Help us

12. Learn to say sorry

15. Know yourself

17. Respect us

Though I feel this is a nasty thread, I will still quote you.
This poo you actually posted here does not apply to all girls.
Change the "we" & "our" to "I" & "my"
Thank you!
Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by Rapzino: 10:23pm On Jan 15, 2015
AfricanApple:
tell him that he's stepped on a giant toe.
Re: Few Things We Wish Our Boyfriend Knew :P by Hilles(m): 10:31pm On Jan 15, 2015
Prixus:
for example....my gf n I have a date. I purposely keep her waiting n I do this a lot. when I finally arrive she starts complaining. then I tell her I was with the guys or I was at work or some other flimsy excuse. she complains that I never have her time. it's always my guys or work, work, work!!! that's usually a perfect time to sweet talk her n then do something unexpected to show her how much I care. this makes her so happy n she thinks she has d perfect man. then of course d cycle starts again but this time I make sure it's another complain! try it. it's fun.

I'll do this when I finally decide to settle down with just one girl...

something i should try

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reasons U Should Not Treat Her Like A Queen / See What This Guy Did To His Girlfriend On Facebook That Has Gone Viral [photo ] / Lady With Humongous Backside Dancing In The Studio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.