Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,255 members, 7,818,875 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? (32922 Views)

Anything Wrong With Sleeping In This Position With My Sister? - Jayzeez / What Is Wrong With This Couple In This Photo? / What Is Wrong With This Picture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Keyana(f): 10:40pm On Jun 21, 2015
Ajiswaggs:
Am an introvert also, so wat I observe about myself is dat I lik isolating myself frm other people, I dnt to go party even though na one of my family dey do party, I hardly greet people in my area, I can stay in my room for 3days witout going out or talking wit anybody, sometimes I always ignore calls from friends. When I lik someone, I can do anytin for the person bt if I some1 offend me I go hate am 4 ever even if he apologize later. Meanwhile, am a twins bt my twin is an extrovert.
this ya own is strong o.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 21, 2015
TheoneandOnlyMe:

Funny thing is I can't keep friends for long they start to bore/annoy me and it's really bad. + I do that a lot, lock myself up for weeks.
It pisses me off when people remind me of my personality, if only I could change a little

From your diary, I guess you are still young. I was worse back in school, I got in trouble with a lot of people when I refused to talk to them or try to be friendly; and I get really annoyed with people too, esp Sanguines, I couldn't stand them back then.

I improved with time, I can now relate better with people and I go out more too. So as you grow older, you will evolve, I guess.

Cheers.
BTW, only time can change you or temper the habit a bit, nothing anyone says can change you. I know with time you will tolerate people more and you will begin to go out more too.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
[quote author=stanboy28 post=35008118]Some of u guys ar tryna put the extrovert nigga as loud dumbass that dont think.....and lacks creative gesture and all dat because dey are lively.......its so fucxking wrong.....there ar extrovert that ar even more creative and brainy dan most introvert....being an introvert does'nt paint u good......or bad.its how u conduct ursef dat matters....stop dis fus about intro crap and extro ass.....along side dose useless classification for unnecessary gratification....there ar introvert people doing crazy things out there....same goes for d xtros.....nd also brilliant,clever and brainstorming xstros out there and same also goes for d intro.....stop making dis introvert crap a big deal......it affect people cos after some fellas read dis crap that intros ar dis,creative et all,some may deceid to wanna be like dat....and start killing themselv......being among the two TRO's have its own pro and cons and to me non is beta dan d other and stop d intro dis and that.....be yourself...learn gud manners and let others be confortable around u....those are d basics......
I dont have much friends...and i snob people most time.....am friendly i dont like mixing up too much wit people.....but can be damn loud.playful most times.....am not dat indoor always....and i cant remain indoors for long xcept am watching movie ..browsing or playing music...ama football jerk dats my hobby and am averagely sociable.
Sorry for d long writeup.
Proudly xtro nd mildly intro.
All u nid to do is balance up ur ursef[/quotE

Extroverts be speaking when no one asked them
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by GuiltySpark343(m): 10:45pm On Jun 21, 2015
if i talk you wont listen,so i go keep my peace how every on the grand scheme you score 50%.your parents are right but the may be going about it the wrong way.introverts are genuine people the hardly manipulate others but extroverts are generally sociable making them become CE0s ,president governors etc. in a not shell have a balanced personality so you can advance in life otherwise you will see yourself in a convent
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by powerfulsettingz: 10:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
Isn't being an introvert a choice or an attitude one choose to live with, or is it in the gene?
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by jomoh: 10:50pm On Jun 21, 2015
winnieberry:
Helloo am an intovert by nature ,quiet love been indoors watching tv reading novels browse with my phone rather than chat with people.it gives people a wrong steroetype of me to them am wicked oor lack sympathy becos I hardly call or chat with people,even they collect my number.My family and friends nag me a lot E.g am not sociable,I don't go out its bad for a girl hw will toasters or my Future husband find me. It hurts me at times why can't people let me be for who I am cmon everyone can't be d same.To them am too secretive and sensitive,I choose to be secretive cos people can't just keep secrets , u tell smone somting .d nxt ting every else knows wat u told them.A lot of people tink am probably suffering frm insecurity,inferirity complex ,lowself esteem,Hell no .Pls anything wrong with been an introvert?

My kind of person. Nothing wrong with it cause that is who we are. My dad once said "you can't know his mind". I don't care. I love me the way I am.
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by eleojo23: 10:50pm On Jun 21, 2015
Onozztins:
Extroverts be speaking when no one asked them
That is how they are. Don't you know them again?cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Keyana(f): 10:51pm On Jun 21, 2015
I'm an introvert as well but funny thing is I can strike a convo with anyone at anytime; could even go for hours, yeah! I could be a talkative. I have friends, but no close friend as I hate attachment.
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by stanboy28(m): 10:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
[quote author=Onozztins post=35009066][/quote]dats who i am...partly xtro and intro.....all in a delegate balance.
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
stanboy28:
dats who i am...partly xtro and intro.....all in a delegate balance.
And we are proudly introverts hun!*chopkiss*
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
standd:

From your diary, I guess you are still young. I was worse back in school, I got in trouble with a lot of people when I refused to talk to them or try to be friendly; and I get really annoyed with people too, esp Sanguines, I couldn't stand them back then.

I improved with time, I can now relate better with people and I go out more too. So as you grow older, you will evolve, I guess.

Cheers.
BTW, only time can change you or temper the habit a bit, nothing anyone says can change you. I know with time you will tolerate people more and you will begin to go out more too.
I hope so
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by undercat: 10:57pm On Jun 21, 2015
holytribe:

Am a guy and an introvert. But is it advisable to normal for a guy to be an introvert looking at the circumstances of our society?

Being an introvert alone doesn't exactly put you at much of a disadvantage. If you are shy or timid or unassertive however, you will have a disadvantage. Luck or a privileged background might help but the best bet is to learn to overcome these traits.
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 21, 2015
donifez:

As an introvert you hardly please me, will scrutinize your work till i say yes perfect! Some works by other people have been in the perfect range for me. Billgate,Steve job are all introverts and they manipulate for their benefit, It is not necessary an extrovert thing...you just have to know the right string to pull.
yea you right.
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by stanboy28(m): 11:00pm On Jun 21, 2015
Keyana:
I'm an introvert as well but funny thing is I can strike a convo with anyone at anytime; could even go for hours, yeah! I could be a talkative. I have friends, but no close friend as I hate attachment.
dats jst me...i hate attachment...and dont greet people easily xcept few.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Achilies(m): 11:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
dancok:
Oh brother I love this, an introvert too, u just narrate d kind of life I like.
cool cool
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 21, 2015
TheoneandOnlyMe:

I hope so

Yeah. Then being an introvert is not an excuse to have or exhibit low self esteem. You have to be confident, know what you are good at. Spend your alone-time reading and honing some skills; so you can find fulfilment when you get great results for stuffs that you do.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by prettyJoy22(f): 11:14pm On Jun 21, 2015
eleojo23:
Introverts...the most misunderstood beings on the planet even though they have contributed immensely to the progress of mankind (great scientists, musicians, inventors etc).
If you need someone who will think outside the box by reflex, you'll most likely find that among the introverts.

Nothing wrong with being an introvert.

It is your nature and you did not choose to be made that way. But the problem is that the world prefers and celebrates extroversion.

One thing however is that both are needed to create balance in the human society.
Look at a picture of both personalities.

The extrovert is an outgoing person who is excited by being among/around people, he/she is easily bored when there is no activity to engage in. Yeah, he's got lots of energy to spare. He has no difficulty expressing his feelings. When he's angry, you know and when he's happy, it's also very obvious ('cos he can just throw a party to show his happiness). He may not be so much interested in deep intellectual talk (not in all cases though) but he likes small talks like discussing about the weather and things like that.

But the introvert is different. He is the quiet type who does most of his talking in his head. Yeah, he thinks a lot and likes to engage in deep and intellectual conversations. He can stay alone for days and not get bored. He is not so easy to 'read' when compared with the extrovert. You may not know when he's happy or sad because his default expression is
'blank'. He could be experiencing intense joy on the inside but the best he may do to show it would just be a smile (no, he won't go jumping up and down, screaming in excitement). He likes depth in whatever he does and as such prefers quality to quantity. He may be slow in doing stuff but when he is done, you would appreciate his work because of the quality of it.
He is very good at understanding people but unfortunately for him, the gesture is not reciprocated as he is often misunderstood by many.
He doesn't make friends and get attached to people easily but once he considers you his friend, you are most likely going be his friend for life. You can now see why he has to keep someone on his 'probation' list for some time before admitting that person into his circle of friends (which is usually small).
He likes to work from the background, away from the spotlight. He hates noise!
Cool music playing in the background and a book in hand is a perfect way for him to spend the day.
When he loves, he is usually very committed to the one he loves...

#my fingers are already getting numb from typing... #

Hence, you see that both are needed to complement each other so don't ever entertain the thought that something is wrong with you because you're an introvert.
However, you can try making friends with a moderate extrovert and you will see how it will help you open up a little, just the same way an extrovert's excesses are curbed when she has an introverted friend. I say moderate extrovert because a highly extroverted friend can drive you nuts with too much stimulation (from talking and other activities peculiar to her nature).

Pardon my long epistle smiley
Makes a lot of sense
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 21, 2015
It has its +s and -s.
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by hirety(f): 11:33pm On Jun 21, 2015
I've always been an introvert. I love being alone, reading novels, seeing movies etc. But then I gist with my friends too when we're together (not very often). d only thing i myself don't like about me is 'I shed tears too easily whenever sth is troubling me'. My friends and family know me and have no prob with me. Now I'm married! That's where d challenge is! hubby knows me and has no probs. I'm yet to figure out how to be around his people! Complaints are flowing in already!
sorry for d epistle, seems this thread came in handy.
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Eden1747(f): 11:35pm On Jun 21, 2015
I'm an ambivert. I share qualities if extroverted and introverted people.
http://relationshipissueswithdr..com/2015/05/6-things-to-expect-when-dating-ambivert.html?m=1
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by ujezeez(m): 11:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
I'm a sociable introvert...
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by ismart: 11:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
eleojo23:
Introverts...the most misunderstood beings on the planet even though they have contributed immensely to the progress of mankind (great scientists, musicians, inventors etc).
If you need someone who will think outside the box by reflex, you'll most likely find that among the introverts.

It is your nature and you did not choose to be made that way. But the problem is that the world prefers and celebrates extroversion.

One thing however is that both are needed to create balance in the human society.

The extrovert is an outgoing person who is excited by being among/around people, he/she is easily bored when there is no activity to engage in. Yeah, he's got lots of energy to spare. He has no difficulty expressing his feelings. When he's angry, you know and when he's happy, it's also very obvious ('cos he can just throw a party to show his happiness). He may not be so much interested in deep intellectual talk (not in all cases though) but he likes small talks like discussing about the weather and things like that.

But the introvert is different. He is the quiet type who does most of his talking in his head. Yeah, he thinks a lot and likes to engage in deep and intellectual conversations. He can stay alone for days and not get bored. He is not so easy to 'read' when compared with the extrovert. You may not know when he's happy or sad because his default expression is
'blank'. He could be experiencing intense joy on the inside but the best he may do to show it would just be a smile (no, he won't go jumping up and down, screaming in excitement). He likes depth in whatever he does and as such prefers quality to quantity. He may be slow in doing stuff but when he is done, you would appreciate his work because of the quality of it.
He is very good at understanding people but unfortunately for him, the gesture is not reciprocated as he is often misunderstood by many.
He doesn't make friends and get attached to people easily but once he considers you his friend, you are most likely going be his friend for life. You can now see why he has to keep someone on his 'probation' list for some time before admitting that person into his circle of friends (which is usually small).
Cool music playing in the background and a book in hand is a perfect way for him to spend the day.

Hence, you see that both are needed to complement each other so don't ever entertain the thought that something is wrong with you because you're an introvert.
However, you can try making friends with a moderate extrovert and you will see how it will help you open up a little, just the same way an extrovert's excesses are curbed when she has an introverted friend. I say moderate extrovert because a highly extroverted friend can drive you nuts with too much stimulation (from talking and other activities peculiar to her nature).

Okay here is the thing I am an introvert but not so chronic. Please can you refer me to a place where I can read about all these great introverts? Yes, I am very creative business-wise.

I will appreciate it if you can help me with resources to read about introverts who are entrepreneurs as I am making plans to revolutionise a food sector in Nigeria. How can an introvert build a successful business and company?
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Hammefeez: 11:51pm On Jun 21, 2015
eleojo23:

Me #Teamintrovert I will thank you later
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by themodernman: 12:05am On Jun 22, 2015
eleojo23:

Introvert of life I am...

Introversion is mainly borne out of low self esteem which I battle everyday. This makes us compensate by diverting our time & energy into something else like reading, music etc which are things that make us feel good about ourself. Esteem issues also makes us feel uneasy around people.

Once ds issue of self-esteem is off, we're good to go with almost anyone. This happens occasionally...like a flash in d pan & we enjoy it while it last...during ds periods I feel like I can snatch even Beyonce from Jay Z cos my self esteem is at a fuccking crescendo!
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Nobody: 12:41am On Jun 22, 2015
winnieberry:
Helloo am an intovert by nature ,quiet love been indoors watching tv reading novels browse with my phone rather than chat with people.it gives people a wrong steroetype of me to them am wicked oor lack sympathy becos I hardly call or chat with people,even they collect my number.My family and friends nag me a lot E.g am not sociable,I don't go out its bad for a girl hw will toasters or my Future husband find me. It hurts me at times why can't people let me be for who I am cmon everyone can't be d same.To them am too secretive and sensitive,I choose to be secretive cos people can't just keep secrets , u tell smone somting .d nxt ting every else knows wat u told them.A lot of people tink am probably suffering frm insecurity,inferirity complex ,lowself esteem,Hell no .Pls anything wrong with been an introvert?
you sound more like an anti social person to me like u want to be left alone. people judge you based on your actions and not your intentions, so if you don't call or chat with your loved ones and ask them how they are doing, then yes they would think u dont care about them and its not their fault for thinking that way because no one can read your mind, and in no time your friends will dump u if u dont reciprocate because friendship is a two way thing,whether you like it or not u live in a world with other humans and u should care to an extent what other people think of u. if u dont want to be seen as uncaring or wicked then change and learn some social skills, smile and greet people and be friendly.
And yes it would affect your love life negatively, most people dont want to be with someone who acts uninterested in interacting with other
human beings, who cant be spontaneous and open up to them. infact men would hardly approach u, because when u go out your body language will send out negative vibes to the opposite sex. i advice u work on your social skills, u can still be an introvert and show interest in people and have a likeable personality. by the way am also an introvert. goodluck.
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Nobody: 12:45am On Jun 22, 2015
winnieberry:
you sound more like an anti social person to me like u want to be left alone. people judge you based on your actions and not your intentions, so if you don't call or chat with your loved ones and ask them how they are doing, then yes they would think u dont care about them and its not their fault for thinking that way because no one can read your mind, and in no time your friends will dump u if u dont reciprocate because friendship is a two way thing,whether you like it or not u live in a world with other humans and u should care to an extent what other people think of u. if u dont want to be seen as uncaring or wicked then change and learn some social skills, smile and greet people and be friendly.

And yes it would affect your love life negatively, most people dont want to be with someone who acts uninterested in interacting with other
human beings, who cant be spontaneous and open up to them. infact men would hardly approach u, because when u go out your body language will send out negative vibes to the opposite sex. i advice u work on your social skills, u can still be an introvert and show interest in people and have a likeable personality. by the way am also an introvert. goodluck.
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Zellie: 1:24am On Jun 22, 2015
I can totally relate to this.. I hate any form of social gathering, most times I just want to be alone. They keep telling me I need to come out of my shell, but I like being in it just fine. Sometimes I wonder if I have low self esteem sad cry
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by berbs112(m): 1:27am On Jun 22, 2015
Do we have people that possess traits of both introvert and extrovert?
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by mekonglobal(m): 2:02am On Jun 22, 2015
[quote author=eleojo23 post=29828643]Introverts...the most misunderstood beings on the planet even though they have contributed immensely to the progress of mankind (great scientists, musicians, inventors etc).

Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Pamelayoung: 2:21am On Jun 22, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
Introvert!!! What does it mean in a lay-man understanding bcoz i dont really get it. Or wait, lemme check google maybe i can get d answer i want.

U can also read the book y u act the way u do by Tim Lahaye
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by nairamaniac: 3:06am On Jun 22, 2015
winnieberry:
Pics? or we don't believe it. grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? by Nobody: 4:31am On Jun 22, 2015
I love the algorithm most girls implement when seeking attention. oya

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

After 21 Years Of Barrenness Woman Delivers Baby Boy (photos) / Husbands Or Wives With Mouth Odour, How Do You Cope? / Mother Of 5 Who Dumped Husband For Lover, Kicked Out By Same Lover

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.