Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (996935 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 2:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
lmuhopeful:

Chill...and stop hating! I see no problem in stating my opinion on the issue: afterall my intention, just like yours, is to help guide the questioner. I also never said your statement of result was useless..haba!....Where do you see from my post that UNILAG is the benchmark for other schools? If you disagree with my opinion, you can just simply be polite about it.

At least I have learned now from your post that I was wrong in thinking that the student copy of transcript will not be accepted. It is not as if I was insulting you or arguing with you after the facts were made clear.

Learn a few etiquettes in disagreeing with others

Read your post again and see where you attacked my person.
For your information, I don't make unverified statements.
From your post, you sounded like unilag students transcript and statement of result is of little or no use hence, that of other schools should be useless too, thereby inferring that what applies to unilag should /must apply to others.
I was civil and polite in my response to you.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD TEACH ME THE SAID ETIQUETTES

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 2:59pm On Jul 09, 2015
kingsleymike:
BOOKED FOR INTERVIEW TODAY - 9.07.2015 GIVEN 31.08.2015. RIDICULOUS!!.

Your enrolment deadline is November 15 as you stated earlier.. that's more than 2 months! .. Be calm.. Just continue with your preparation. You are good to go >>>>>>> smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scofield03: 2:59pm On Jul 09, 2015
uchezdedon:

Guy congrats. Ur visa is guaranteed, I have d feeling. Just run ur block account.

See in germo.

Amen. thanks, I appreciate. waiting for the good news

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 2:59pm On Jul 09, 2015
kingsleymike:

Your enrolment deadline is November 15 as you stated earlier.. that's more than 2 and half months ! .. Be calm.. Just continue with your preparation. You are good to go >>>>>>> smiley smiley
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scofield03: 3:09pm On Jul 09, 2015
Obiwannn:
scofield: badoo..congrats!

pompido, my Oga, I hail oo..na book I de go read for germany o..lol. so need to party all the party for here.

Thanks man, Congrats to you too, see you in Germany soon
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scofield03: 3:14pm On Jul 09, 2015
stevemims:
You've been helpful whenever i pm you're always on ground to respond. I wish you the very best bros.
You are most welcome bro. Thanks, your good news is on the way.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogompaul(m): 3:40pm On Jul 09, 2015
Please o!, anyone applied to University of Bonn? about four months now yet yo hear from dem o! .Any vital info will b appreciated.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kingsleymike: 3:47pm On Jul 09, 2015
@uchezdedon not really, I just have to pay the semester fee of 283Euro b4 Aug 15 and thats all. enrollment finally ends on 26 Oct. I think am covered.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kingsleymike: 3:51pm On Jul 09, 2015
@twinkle1, am using my second admission and not the 1st. I prefer Uni Bremen to Uni Hohenheim because of their rating and the course offered.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mikky4all(m): 4:01pm On Jul 09, 2015
kingsleymike:
Short term or long term visa
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2015
kingsleymike:

@uchezdedon not really, I just have to pay the semester fee of 283Euro b4 Aug 15 and thats all. enrollment finally ends on 26 Oct. I think am covered.

Are u sure is not because of the 283 euro dat makes them give u such date.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stevemims(m): 5:11pm On Jul 09, 2015
scofield03:

You are most welcome bro. Thanks, your good news is on the way.
Amen bros.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 6:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
Got to the embassy at 5:19am dis morning and I was thinking I'll just stay in d car till 6am but had to advice myself wen I saw like 8ppl already on d queue. It's really getting crazier,I was just wondering whether dey crashed on d lawn overnite ... Our Rivers man started by 1st giving his peptalk @ 6:45 say no questions entertained till 10:30am. And said he's attending to d short stay visa applicants and family reunion first dat all students visa applicants should move to the back (as at den there were close to 70ppl on d queue, men u can't even try complain make d man no send u home)

After attending to dem, he started attending to students applicants BUT THE MOST SURPRISING THING TODAY IS THAT OUR MAN DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER CHECKING OUR DOCUMENTS ARRANGEMENTS. JUST PASSED ALL THE STUDENTS APPLICANTS INSIDE. (we were about 6 and I was d first on the queue)... I was really glad that there was no bad show from d man today and I think mainly because d crowd was just too much and he was trying to-do everything sharply...

We waited patiently @d reception for our chinkogerman woman to call on us and waited for about 30min before he signal for me to come forward.

(BIG THANKS TO OBIWANN...ALWAYS MAKE SURE U KNOW A NAME FROM THE ADMISSION OFFICE OF UR UNIVERSITY because THE WOMAN WILL ASK YOU WHO IS UR REFERENCE AT THE UNIVERSITY IMMEDIATELY SHE COLLECT UR DOCS) all my documents were arranged and wrote my details and signature at the back as instructed so I didn't have any issues with the woman other than she checking thru my doc and taking my fingerprints biometrics den requested for d visa fee... (MY ADVICE FOR YOU IS FOLLOW ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS YOU GET HERE ON THE GROUP AND YOU WILL SAFE URSELF FROM UNNECESSARY HEADACHES DAT IS BAD ENOUGH TO MAKE U FORGET EVERYTHING UVE DOWNLOADED)

She asked me to go sit down and went thru the same process with d other 5applicants.
(ONE GUY JUST DEY SHAKE ,HIS PASSPORT AND DOCUMENTS WASN'T COMPLETE AND HAD TO GO AND CHECK HIS BAG TO BRING MORE DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORT, HE WAS ASKED TO WRITE HIS DETAILS AT THE BACK OF THE FORM AND OUR GUY DIDN'T HAVE A PEN AND HAD TO BORROW OUR CHINKOGERMAN'S PEN. THE WOMAN SCREAM FOR HIM DIE B4 GIVING HIM D PEN)...To be continued

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
jerikoyan:
hI how was it? You are one of the 2 guys in suit I guess beards or glasses

It was great...Yep, just suit, no glasses

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by babarexo: 6:23pm On Jul 09, 2015
hello house,

I applied to Flengsburg and Btu for the winter semester but I am still hoping to get admitted by either of them.

Considering the fact that the schools are resuming October and no admission yet.

Please all, is it possible to meet up with the winter semester resumption if eventually I get admitted considering all factors.

Thanks as your candid opinion will be highly appreciated.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 6:37pm On Jul 09, 2015
After all the guy's drama she left her cubicle for lik 30min wit all the files and later returned , I was asked to step forward and interview begins... I WON'T BE REPEATING QUESTIONS HERE because THE QUESTIONS HAS BEEN COVERED MANY TIMES. I'LL JUST BRUSH SOME THINGS.

Started by asking me if I speak german, told her Nope but I'm learning already and that I got in touch with d Int'l office @ my uni and was told the school offers 2hrs /week of german for Int'l students. she said ok AND SHE STARTED BOMBING QUESTIONS, SHE WAS VERY FAST , B4 U FINISH A STATEMENT SHE'S THRU WITH THE NEXT QUESTION, SO UVE TO BE VERY CALM AND FAST AS WELL TO CATCH UP WITH HER PACE..WELL ALSO NOTE THAT HER ENGLISH ISN'T TOO GOOD SOMETIMES AND UVE TO BE VERY ATTENTIVE, FAST IN THINKING AND READ HER LIPS AS SHE BOMBS U WITH QUESTIONS OR ASK HER TO REWIND SOMETIMES WHICH SHE ALWAYS DOES...

She's so smart and asked me why I want to study the course like 3 times at different intervals and in different ways to be sure u really know wat Ure doing... She asked about germany as usual but I guess She's tired of hearing d same story over again so b4 u say 2 statement she'll just ask u for d president, chancellor, population etc. Those are d main point she wants to be sure u know... So I couldn't really bomb her with my long story about Germany

Asked wat I'll do after masters and I told her I'll gladly proceed on my PHD at d same university, and same course and she was like why.

She didn't waste much time on the sponsor issue because she was like my account is already funded...

She asked me for d states and after mentioning about 5 she bomb the next question...

LEST I FORGET SHE ASKED ME WHO IS THE GOVERNOR OF RHINE PALATINATE, I TOLD HER I CAN'T REMEMBER BUT TOLD HER THE LORD MAYOR OF MY CITY AND SHE WAS KIND OF IMPRESSED...

I WAS SURPRISED MY INTERVIEW LASTED FOR JUST ABOUT 17MINS AND SHE SAID I WAS GOOD TO GO...AND EVENTHOUGH WE WERE ATTENDED TO LAST I LEFT THE EMBASSY AT 10:10 AM...

(MY TAKE AND ADVICE...QUALITY PREPARATION PREVENT POOR PERFORMANCES...IF URE REALLY PREPARED BY THE TIME U GET THERE U'LL REALIZE DAT NOT EVERYTHING U WERE PLANNING TO SAY CAME UP, BUT IT'S BETTER TO BE OVER PREPARED THAN FALL SHORT, IT'S BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY LATER)

Pardon my grammatical errors.

8 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dcitizen: 6:39pm On Jul 09, 2015
Hi, need input from the guru in the house. I want to know if somebody's uncle that is a green card holder in the usa help somebody to get a letter of sponsorship from german embassy in the usa.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by missZ1: 7:22pm On Jul 09, 2015
Good evening guys,

Please I need quick help with the following;

1. I do not have a biographic document for my student visa interview coming up by month end. I want to confirm if this document is compulsory

2. I have a letter from NPC that was issued last month in place of my birth certificate. Can this suffice in place of a certificate because I don't have one.

3. My money is already in my block account since last year as I couldn't make it then due to late admission . I am the one sponsoring myself please how do I answer the question on my sponsor's part as my parent income can not justify should the VO ask me to bring my parent account statement to support my claim.

Thank you

Pls assist.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 8:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
ogompaul:
Please o!, anyone applied to University of Bonn? about four months now yet yo hear from dem o! .Any vital info will b appreciated.

Four months? What program did you apply for?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by number13: 8:27pm On Jul 09, 2015
@Ahbbiey and others:
1. I have noticed that several of you have had your visa interview or have even obtained your visas. Please, when are your academic programmes scheduled to start if I may ask?
2. There is a checklist for student visa in the German missions website in pdf format. However, I see several posts in this thread referring to it as obsolete. Where can I see an updated checklist?
3. I learnt that you will require a health insurance before you can collect your visa. How can one obtain a health insurance for use in Germany while still in Nigeria?
Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Neyoalao(m): 8:28pm On Jul 09, 2015
Kelvinpam:

Thanks bro. you were extremely helpful too.

Msc

please is the web test for all courses applied to.... amd do you have an idea if that's what universities there do
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 8:28pm On Jul 09, 2015
dcitizen:
Hi, need input from the guru in the house. I want to know if somebody's uncle that is a green card holder in the usa help somebody to get a letter of sponsorship from german embassy in the usa.
Not possible. Your sponsor has to be in Germany.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 09, 2015
1. Orientation starts Oct 1 and classes Oct 12th

2. My interview was before the new checklist so I used the one on their website however I do advice you to use the one posted here on Monday.

3. You need travel health insurance valid for three months. It is meant to cover you for your journey to Germany not for your stay there. That health insurance is different.
You cannot/should not obtain health insurance for use in Germany from Nigeria.
As for the travel health insurance the accepted ones I know are AIICO, IGI and MUTUAL BENEFITS.
I do not know their current going rates, intend to check tomorrow.

number13:
@Ahbbiey and others:
1. I have noticed that several of you have had your visa interview or have even obtained your visas. Please, when are your academic programmes scheduled to start if I may ask?
2. There is a checklist for student visa in the German missions website in pdf format. However, I see several posts in this thread referring to it as obsolete. Where can I see an updated checklist?
3. I learnt that you will require a health insurance before you can collect your visa. How can one obtain a health insurance for use in Germany while still in Nigeria?
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
1. I booked my interview on 19th of May and my interview was June 17th.

2. I got mine in 2 weeks and 4 days no other requirements (Dont forget the visa fee, it was #13,500)

3.I do not know the answer to this one, but I do recall someone on this thread had an interview in May.

number13:
Well done, everyone! For those of you that have had interview for student visa this year, I have the following questions: 1. How long did it take between booking an appointment for the interview and the actual interview? 2. For those that already have the visa, did it take beyond the 6-8 weeks that was stipulated to obtain the visa, and were there any other requirements to fulfil apart from the interview and the documents you took for the interview? 3. I was told earlier this year by the office of the CG that the students' visa application will not start before July. When was the earliest interview date for this year? Thank you.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
@number13 trying to reply you but the email is bouncing back.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by number13: 9:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
@Ahbbiey Thanks a lot, the Qs I intended to ask you via email is the same as the ones I posted here. I'm a wee bit tense because my programme also starts in October but my interview date is towards the end of July. If it is not too private a Q, do you know the date your visa is valid from? Furthermore, have you collected your visa already, or is it pending your presentation of the health insurance? Thanks very much again. The info on health insurance especially was very useful. Now, I'll comb through the thread for that checklist!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 09, 2015
From what ever date you decide will be on your travel health insurance.

You need to present the travel health insurance before you can get the visa.

If you are issued a visa you are allowed to go and collect it whenever (unless you are given a date to collect it).
number13 post 81981: @Ahbbiey Thanks a lot, the Qs I intended to ask you via email is the same as the ones I posted here. I'm a wee bit tense because my programme also starts in October but my interview date is towards the end of July. If it is not too private a Q, do you know the date your visa is valid from? Furthermore, have you collected your visa already, or is it pending your presentation of the health insurance? Thanks very much again. The info on health insurance especially was very useful. Now, I'll comb through the thread for that checklist!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 9:50pm On Jul 09, 2015
bolajesu:
@obiwann please which course are you going for your masters and which school?pls bros abeg...cos im very interested in msc in regenerative medicine...thank you....pls abeg respond.
BOLAJESU, u should relate with cahnelvhen. I am going 4 engineering/bioengineering.
TAIWO, u wcm. eyha my bad, forgot to add the reference ish 2 my interview experience
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by number13: 9:59pm On Jul 09, 2015
@Ahhbiey: I was talking about the date on the visa, not the travel insurance. Will it be valid from the day it is issued, or from near the date when your programme commences. Another clarification please; do you need the insurance to be ISSUED a visa or just to COLLECT it? Because the insurance isn't a part of the visa checklist, and you have already been issued the visa, right, even though you don't have the insurance yet?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 10:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
missZ1:
Good evening guys,

Please I need quick help with the following;

1. I do not have a biographic document for my student visa interview coming up by month end. I want to confirm if this document is compulsory

2. I have a letter from NPC that was issued last month in place of my birth certificate. Can this suffice in place of a certificate because I don't have one.

3. My money is already in my block account since last year as I couldn't make it then due to late admission . I am the one sponsoring myself please how do I answer the question on my sponsor's part as my parent income can not justify should the VO ask me to bring my parent account statement to support my claim.

Thank you

Pls assist.

These are very basic questions with detailed explanations on their website and on this thread.
1. On the checklist, the biographically old documents was detailed with examples. .I used my secondary school ID card, or look for an old drivers licence..etc
2. You have an NPC right? The last time I checked, it wasn't APC or PDP that was required.
3. Read through the answers by others and improvise yours.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 09, 2015
This thread has been of great help. Eventho I didnt contribute to it earlier, am glad that we have this number of enlightened Nigerians..
I had my interview on tuesday.. Thanx to u guys it was an awesome experience. In addition to the questions you guys have posted here, I was asked the date of reunification of germany.... thank God for the sharp guy that went before me (he told me before it got to my turn)......
Keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for good news soon.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by number13: 10:30pm On Jul 09, 2015
It is said that he who asks questions does not get lost. Is there a new checklist for the visa interview? Like an update on the version available online. I understand that it is somewhere on this thread, but I can't seem to be able to find it. I'd be glad if someone could point out the page number.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.