Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (995653 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cynosure489: 12:57pm On Aug 30, 2015
I really don't see why people cannot just take their time to research before applying for schools.. When I wanted to start I first thought that It wouldn't make sense starting from page 1(not that it was an issue for me) until I was adviced to do so and now I don't regret reading through same thread for two days then snapping the important pages.. grin

Looking at MSc in summer 2016..already drafted a statement of purpose (abeg who go review for me?). undecided

And why are there no summer people here yet..heard summer is quite competitive cos most schools do not take summer..well a niccur can always try.

Big thanks to all those who have answered and are still answering questions on the thread. Eke40seven and co
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 1:36pm On Aug 30, 2015
olaabiodun:

Please, what are the advantages of IELTS over TOEFL?
When I was looking for schools to apply, I came across some schools that insisted on only IELTS (they did not accept TOEFL) but I never came across a school that insisted on only TOEFL.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by acedboss(m): 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2015
fasttrack:
Anyone who can help out with affordable accommodation in cologne,

Hello. I'm going to Koln too hopefully. Please keep me posted if u find anything, i'll holla if I find too.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 2:46pm On Aug 30, 2015
DanIndia:
IELTS gain ground pass TOEFL. Your option is vast with IELTS whilst with TOEFL, you only can join a few universities. It's the most preferred language proficiency cert through the whole of EUROPE, Australasia and Canada. A few american universities do accept it but most of them prefer TOEFL as it's governed by an American body. IELTS = British/Australia TOEFL=American.

HTH

Sorry but this isnt totally accurate. Apart from the UK which seemed to place a ban of TOEFL over their IELTS, no other country rejects TOEFL scores. Or do you have proof to the contrary?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 3:07pm On Aug 30, 2015
lmuhopeful:

Sorry but this isnt totally accurate. Apart from the UK which seemed to place a ban of TOEFL over their IELTS, no other country rejects TOEFL scores. Or do you have proof to the contrary?

I agree with you Lmuhopeful...

And for the TOEFL /IELTS have been seeing of late on here .
If u check the website of top schools in the UK, you will see their toefl requirements and they still accept it.

If you want to apply to German institutions. TOEFL is as valid as IELTS.

There's a preference for IELTS to TOEFL in the UK all because of that TOEIC saga last year.
But I think everything is now OK.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lakesidepapa(m): 3:15pm On Aug 30, 2015
Futurewiser:

Madness by you and to you
Ok

7 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Fele1: 6:02pm On Aug 30, 2015
justwise:
[/b]
Needed that to calm my nerves yesterday while watching gunner's game grin
grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 6:33pm On Aug 30, 2015
lmuhopeful, I think you're getting me wrong. I never said a country rejected TOEFL, did I? I clearly stated and I quote "IELTS gain ground pass TOEFL. Your option is vast with IELTS whilst with TOEFL, you only can join a few universities."
This doesn't mean that they'll reject your TOEFL. I'm just saying they'll prioritize IELTS than TOEFL. Given that the British English is accepted and preferred over American in the whole of Europe.
Only American schools would choose TOEFL over IELTS and not even all of them.

EDIT; When I meant a few, I didn't mean literally a few universities, that would be in thousands smiley
lmuhopeful:

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 6:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
True that. Most UK Universities still accept it - I didn't say it was ruled out.
twinkle1:

I agree with you Lmuhopeful...

And for the TOEFL /IELTS have been seeing of late on here .
If u check the website of top schools in the UK, you will see their toefl requirements and they still accept it.

If you want to apply to German institutions. TOEFL is as valid as IELTS.

There's a preference for IELTS to TOEFL in the UK all because of that TOEIC saga last year.
But I think everything is now OK.

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ayeopare(m): 6:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
Hi bro, i believe so far it bears the name of the intending school. But pls i need ur on how i can obtain letter of sponsorship. Please, i have done interview since 6th july, 2015.
dcitizen:
Hello,

Can i use letter of sponsorship for visa interview for any university? I need somebody with an idea to help me out.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 6:51pm On Aug 30, 2015
DanIndia:
True that. Most UK Universities still accept it - I didn't say it was ruled out.

Yea I get you.. No ish

A lot of people say IELTS is easier than TOEFL nd the registration is easier.. But do know TOEFL is very predictable? smiley
The same format every year in fact if I think they repeat their questions sef! Just little tweaks here and there..

But the good news is that German schools don't really send your toefl or IELTS score o.. Most schools are OK with 80+ or 6.0.. The top schools requiring 90+ or 6.5+ still very OK..
Compared to UK and US top schools heheheheeh..

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lakesidepapa(m): 6:59pm On Aug 30, 2015
ayeopare:

Hi bro, i believe so far it bears the name of the intending school. But pls i need ur on how i can obtain letter of sponsorship. Please, i have done interview since 6th july, 2015.
Ayeopare, this ur case na die o. Hw u go book appointment for interview without acquiring a sponsorship letter? Ah I never see this before oo. U get mind sha. Nobody go fit help u with the spons letter for here and I will advise u to look for a travel agent since u don't have a person in Germany to provide it for u. I think a good TA will have someone over thr to sort it out for u and u'll do the needful for him. Na sponsorship letter u jst called like that.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 30, 2015
How can you have 'done interview since 6th July, 2015'
And need a sponsorship letter close to two months later?
What exactly are you getting at?

ayeopare:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 7:09pm On Aug 30, 2015
Really ? I never knew about that TOEFL o. IELTS, I believe, listening section is a walk in the park. The writing can be a bit tricky though.
I've never had to register for TOEFL but the registration procedure for IELTS was easy. It just took a minute or two and that was it. True - most schools are OK with 6.0. But if you were to advise someone on which cert to sit for - would you have them do TOEFL ? Based on the experience and the questions repetition.
twinkle1:

Yea I get you.. No ish

A lot of people say IELTS is easier than TOEFL nd the registration is easier.. But do know TOEFL is very predictable? smiley
The same format every year in fact if I think they repeat their questions sef! Just little tweaks here and there..

But the good news is that German schools don't really send your toefl or IELTS score o.. Most schools are OK with 80+ or 6.0.. The top schools requiring 90+ or 6.5+ still very OK..
Compared to UK and US top schools heheheheeh..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 7:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
ayeopare:

What did you use for your interview if you're just needing sponsorship letter 2months later?? shocked shocked
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 7:31pm On Aug 30, 2015
DanIndia:
Really ? I never knew about that TOEFL o. IELTS, I believe, listening section is a walk in the park. The writing can be a bit tricky though.
I've never had to register for TOEFL but the registration procedure for IELTS was easy. It just took a minute or two and that was it. True - most schools are OK with 6.0. But if you were to advise someone on which cert to sit for - would you have them do TOEFL ? Based on the experience and the questions repetition.

Yes I can advice them to do TOEFL.
I dropped a link of a TOEFL pack to download months back.. There are about 22 past exams one can practice with in it.. It's a Simulator..

http://www.4shared.com/zip/P3mexyAP/TOEFL_TPO__Mitsu_Licensed_.html

BUT.. Someone I know that follows this German thread said he just Freestyled the IELTS exam.. He didn't practice jack nd had 6.5

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 7:52pm On Aug 30, 2015
sonyville:

am applying for MSC in system engineering and engineering management. ... they are the only one open right now Among the schools I want to apply . others will open by November. so u see y I can't send the documents for other schools now . ... but I was thinking of giving someone maybe a Nairalander going for winter by Oct or November my documents to help me dispatch when the november applications open .....

That is if you are sending hard copy of your documents to other schools. But if it is uni-assist, once you have sent a set of document, you don't to send another one but only the confirmation page of uni-assist which is just about 3-4 sheets for each additional school. Some schools will require you to first fill an online application, print the confirmation page and send it together with the hard copy of your documents. Which can not allow you to send the hard copy before the opening of application portal. The deadline of MSC in system engineering and engineering management November 15,at check the list of the schools you have penciled down and see if there is anyone that will start application process by October; sending it around October 15 together with other ones will still be a nice bargain. But firstly, work on how to pay your uni-assist fee, that is more paramount than sending your documents. They start working when they confirm your payment and not when your documents arrive. If you can also get a nairalander travelling during this winter that can help you send the document in Germany, that will be nice too cause it will be cheaper that way. Best of luck. Shalom
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 8:03pm On Aug 30, 2015
This ayeopare guy needs to come and enlighten the house how he applied for visa interview, what he used, and what medium he'll like to employ in order to change an on-going visa application process from blocked account to sponsorship.

Honestly, It will be a great eye opener.

Meanwhile, am wishing all visa hopeful success this week. am smelling some testimonies already. keep 'em coming.

we shall all testify at the end grin

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by worry359(m): 8:15pm On Aug 30, 2015
dolpaz:
This ayeopare guy needs to come and enlighten the house how he applied for visa interview, what he used, and what medium he'll like to employ in order to change an on-going visa application process from blocked account to sponsorship.

I do not think that he knows what he is doing, or trying to do.
All seems very confused? angry
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 8:33pm On Aug 30, 2015
dolpaz:

Honestly, It will be a great eye opener.

Meanwhile, am wishing all visa hopeful success this week. am smelling some testimonies already. keep 'em coming.

I guess he first used block account slip to book for an appointment and did his interview with; but since he can't raise the money, I assume he is thinking of changing it to sponsorship stuff. I assume ni ooooo, it may be wrong or right. Abi se I lie @Ayeopare? I think the first thing you need to know or confirm is, "can an on-going visa application process be change from blocked account to sponsorship?" before you make any other move. IMO
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by skills50(m): 8:41pm On Aug 30, 2015
Anyone going for medicine (mbbs) #summer2016?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by daimlerbenz: 8:50pm On Aug 30, 2015
I hail all the honourables for here.

As una dey arrive in drips and trickles, I want to drop an advice which was given here this time last year.

Carry food as much as you can. All those small small 3euro 4euro meals you will be tempted to eat in your fist few days can fit wreck your pocket. As soon as possible start cooking for yourselves. 3euros X 3meals X 5days = you know the maths.

That's all.

6 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 30, 2015
daimlerbenz:

As una dey arrive in drips and trickles, I want to drop an advice which was given dropped here this time last year.

Carry food as much as you can. All those small small 3euro 4euro meals you will be tempted to eat in your fist few days can fit wreck your pocket. As soon as possible start cooking for yourselves. 3euros X 3meals X 5days = you know the maths.

That's all.
Word! #winter2016#

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 9:00pm On Aug 30, 2015
daimlerbenz:

As una dey arrive in drips and trickles, I want to drop an advice which was given dropped here this time last year.

That's all.

Wow.. Thanks bro.. €45 in 5 days shocked shocked ... Omo mehn!! Not economical at all..

Bro what you are saying is that we should imbibe the habit of cooking.
it makes sense.. Even when we bring loads of foodstuffs from naija. It will finish one day.. It wouldn't be wise going back to the €3 per meal chops 3x a day..

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oligee: 9:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
daimlerbenz:

As una dey arrive in drips and trickles, I want to drop an advice which was given here this time last year.

That's all.
Lol! I laf! All those guys and babes wey dey form for school, wey no fit cook, wey dey patronize forks and fingers from semester to semester, dem go hear am big time. Abeg additional advice; no just carry foodstuffs learn how to cook too.

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GottSeiDank: 9:33pm On Aug 30, 2015
Announcing my arrival to this forum cool. Been following shocked for a while and I think its high time I become visible grin, since am planing towards winter 2016. Gathering all my documents and getting ready to apply as soon as application window opens. To all #teamwinter2016 nothing do us, we full ground. To all the bosses I hail ooh, you guys are the best mehn. Oga Justwise I pay homage oooh, as gunners come win na God win grin. I decree and declare more testimonies in this new week.

Danke schön
Ich liebe euch alle kiss (No Homo grin)
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 9:59pm On Aug 30, 2015
skills50:
Anyone going for medicine (mbbs) #summer2016?

How good is your German ? Studying medicine in Germany is very competitive. You require not only a very high proficiency in the language but also high Grades from your Abitur( if you have one ). From what i heard, getting into med. school is the main thing but once you are in. The sky is your starting point.
Don't feel you can't make it, or achieve it. Take my words as STEROIDS and use them for your preparation. The journey is not long but not for the faint hearten.

I met a Nigerian Nurse who told me how she came in contact with a Nigerian Head Doc.( Hauptartz), that is how they are called.
For those who have visited any teaching hospital in Germany will understand what it is to be one.
You move around with other Doctors but they are all behind you like your bodyguards. Bros do come join the league joor.

Interested students can contact their university for stipendium. Application for Deutschlandstipendium will commence soon. The money may seem small but it will go a long way to alleviate your financial burden. I really don't have much info about it because applications differ from each Universität.

Here is the link. http://www.deutschlandstipendium.de/de/2319.php

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 10:07pm On Aug 30, 2015
twinkle1:

Wow.. Thanks bro.. €45 in 5 days shocked shocked ... Omo mehn!! Not economical at all..

Bro what you are saying is that we should imbibe the habit of cooking.
it makes sense.. Even when we bring loads of foodstuffs from naija. It will finish one day.. It wouldn't be wise going back to the €3 per meal chops 3x a day..

Bros it's good to cook ohh, but it also has its disadvantage. If you are staying alone not in a shared apartment i will strongly advice to cook once a week and refrigerate all. Then you can always warm and eat when hungry.

And also learn how to eat hot food just once a day. it will help you on the long run and eat lots of fruits, it makes you look fit and healthy. Mind you fruits are cheap just flow with the season.
We also have vegetables, learn how to eat them too. lol

Talking from experience.

When your energy bill hit you, na sorry go be your block account.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 10:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
willy2000:

Bros it's good to cook ohh, but it also has its disadvantage. If you are staying alone not in a shared apartment i will strongly advice to cook once a week and refrigerate all. Then you can always warm and eat when hungry.

And also learn how to eat hot food just once a day. it will help you on the long run and eat lots of fruits, it makes you look fit and healthy. Mind you fruits are cheap just flow with the season.
We also have vegetables, learn how to eat them too. lol

Talking from experience.

When your energy bill hit you, na sorry go be your block account.

thanks for the advice bro

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.