Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,287 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (999417 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 30, 2015
You see, this is it

The university requires a B2 Zertifikate proficiency for me to start skul nd I've registered for the german class.. My next resumption is by Nov-June nd am scheduled to write an entrance exam at the University by d end of August...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by daimlerbenz: 10:36pm On Aug 30, 2015
The day it is found out, and I tell you they will find out that you are using an arranged Sponsorship letter, Polizei on your neck. You almost can't do anything productive ever again in Deutchland. I had said this earlier and I repeat it, best thing for you in GERMANY is to be TRUSTWORTHY.

NEVER EVER think about arranging sponsorship letter. It's better you go and collect Syrian citizenshi and come in as refugee or you go and offend PMB and come seek asylum in Germany than to try to trick the system. The system will find you out and the system will kick you out big time.

kayluxneedsu:
Certainly, I have few friends in Europe.. A friend in University of Saarland, a friend in france and UK respectively... Buh they re all students so they can't pose as a sponsor... Is that the reason why you said NEVER?

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 10:37pm On Aug 30, 2015
kayluxneedsu:
Certainly, I have few friends in Europe.. A friend in University of Saarland, a friend in france and UK respectively... Buh they re all students so they can't pose as a sponsor... Is that the reason why you said NEVER?

Yes they can't sponsor you. Why ? Like you said they are students.
A sponsor must earn at least 1500€ per month. So you see why i said NEVER. It can then be possible if your friends all of a sudden graduates and earn as high as that monthly, then will i say UNNEVER........lol abeg house what is the opposite of NEVER sef. tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 30, 2015
Bottom line, getting someone to pose as a sponor is not viable.. Is that it?

daimlerbenz:
The day it is found out, and I tell you they will find out that you are using an arranged Sponsorship letter, Polizei on your neck. You almost can't do anything productive ever again in Deutchland. I had said this earlier and I repeat it, best thing for you in GERMANY is to be TRUSTWORTHY.

NEVER EVER think about arranging sponsorship letter. It's better you go and collect Syrian citizenshi and come in as refugee or you go and offend PMB and come seek asylum in Germany than to try to trick the system. The system will find you out and the system will kick you out big time.

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 10:42pm On Aug 30, 2015
kayluxneedsu:
You see, this is it

The university requires a B2 Zertifikate proficiency for me to start skul nd I've registered for the german class.. My next resumption is by Nov-June nd am scheduled to write an entrance exam at the University by d end of August...
On a serious note, if you require B2 before you can commence study, there is no way you can get to that level in 6months from scratch. Unless na Einstein brain you get.
So save your self time and money, learn German in Nigeria and get to B2 level it is doable.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by daimlerbenz: 10:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
No qualms getting a sponsor, but ARRANGING - if what you mean is what I think you mean - one? I will not touch that with a 10ft spoon if I am you.
kayluxneedsu:
Bottom line, getting someone to pose as a sponor is not viable.. Is that it?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
I agree with you suggesting learning Germany in Nigeria but you know its gonna take more time cos of the unavailability of people to speak it with after class. However, its still viable but its still back to square one:

Upon been certified in B2 by Goethe, I still need the 8k euro or a sponsor which is what am looking for now. Moreson, the language course is for 8months and not 6months.

willy2000:

On a serious note, if you require B2 before you can commence study, there is no way you can get to that level in 6months from scratch. Unless na Einstein brain you get.
So save your self time and money, learn German in Nigeria and get to B2 level it is doable.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 11:01pm On Aug 30, 2015
kayluxneedsu:
I agree with you suggesting learning Germany in Nigeria but you know its gonna take more time cos of the unavailability of people to speak it with after class. However, its still viable but its still back to square one:

Upon been certified in B2 by Goethe, I still need the 8k euro or a sponsor which is what am looking for now. Moreson, the language course is for 8months and not 6months.
I seriously doubt you can get to B2 from scratch in 8 months. Heck, even a year will likely not be enough; but anything is possible.

If you have a sponsor to sponsor you then fine, but if your plan is to just arrange a sponsorship letter and "survive" when you get to Germany, then my brother you will definitely not like the outcome...

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 30, 2015
I understand you perfectly brother, my plan is not to just arrange a sponsor and then start huzzling in germany.... As a matter of fact, I paid almost half a million for the language class and paid for my hostel, I just don't have up to 8k euro to open the blocked account... Am not going there to become a tyrant, am going there to study... Looked for loans also buh the interest rate are killing..... So I just need someone to pose as my sponsor while I sort myself and start my life with what I have or get a loan to open the said blocked account and then return with viable interest rate... No issues

Williamso:

I seriously doubt you can get to B2 from scratch in 8 months. Heck, even a year will likely not be enough; but anything is possible.

If you have a sponsor to sponsor you then fine, but if your plan is to just arrange a sponsorship letter and "survive" when you get to Germany, then my brother you will definitely not like the outcome...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obs3rver: 11:12pm On Aug 30, 2015
oligee:

Lol! I laf! All those guys and babes wey dey form for school, wey no fit cook, wey dey patronize forks and fingers from semester to semester, dem go hear am big time. Abeg additional advice; no just carry foodstuffs learn how to cook too.

Lol! And people wey dey collect bed space for fivers morning, afternoon and night.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GottSeiDank: 11:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
Taking a language course here in Nigeria is an option because its way cheaper compare to Deutschland, and its possible to get B2 within 8months, I got A2 within 4months but mehn no be some thing oooh. The issue of learning after class is not too much a big deal, its all depends on your dedication and commitment to learning the language. I know people who learnt the language here and are doing well (you go think say dem be Germans). But now wey you don pay
About the funding, I will suggest you apply for a scholarship if you have the requirements grin and who says you can't experience a miracle and the 8k will come, just tap into the blessing of those that have funded their account. cheesy

Ich glaube an Gott. grin
kayluxneedsu:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 11:30pm On Aug 30, 2015
kayluxneedsu:
I understand you perfectly brother, my plan is not to just arrange a sponsor and then start huzzling in germany.... As a matter of fact, I paid almost half a million for the language class and paid for my hostel, I just don't have up to 8k euro to open the blocked account... Am not going there to become a tyrant, am going there to study... Looked for loans also buh the interest rate are killing..... So I just need someone to pose as my sponsor while I sort myself and start my life with what I have or get a loan to open the said blocked account and then return with viable interest rate... No issues

Bro. .I dont know you and I also have no authority over you, but I must sincerely say that I am against your plan. It is totally ill-planned and not thoroughly thought through. Sometimes we let our excitement and zeal get the better part of our judgement and we jump into wrong decisions. Now you have paid around 500k to learn German and you will still hustle for 8040€ for your living for one year. If you stayed in Nigeria and attended Goethe here, you wouldn't spend up to that and your living expenses would be nowhere near 8040.

Now the embassy may even reject your visa application coz they will tell you that you can learn the language here without expending resources abroad. I just hope your language school can refund your cash if it goes awry. That 500k could have been used to contribute to your blocked acct financing. I see this as a totally, completely wrong decision. Even when you have the 8040€ complete, you still need some 200€ minimum to take along with you on your travel before you access the blocked acct..coupled with flight and logistics money etc. Besides the German govt will increase the BAFOG minimum from 8040.

I really don't believe in this your plan. But that's just me: you may eventually run your show successfully irrespective of whay I think.
BTW..did you say you have been admitted to the uni already?

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
Well, I understand you bit take exception to some of your view. No issues anyway. Yes I have been admitted to a Uni buh required to provide a proficiency certificate.

lmuhopeful:

Bro. .I dont know you and I also have no authority over you, but I must sincerely say that I am against your plan. It is totally ill-planned and not thoroughly thought through. Sometimes we let our excitement and zeal get the better part of our judgement and we jump into wrong decisions. Now you have paid around 500k to

learn German and you will still hustle for 8040€ for your living for one year. If you stayed in Nigeria and attended Goethe here, you wouldn't spend up to that and your living expenses would be nowhere near 8040.

Now the embassy may even reject your visa application coz they will tell you that you can learn the language here without expending resources abroad. I just hope your language school can refund your cash if it goes awry. That 500k could have been used to contribute to your blocked acct financing. I see this as a totally, completely wrong decision. Even when you have the 8040€ complete, you still need some 200€ minimum to take along with you on your travel before you access the blocked acct..coupled with flight and logistics money etc. Besides the German govt will increase the BAFOG minimum from 8040.

I really don't believe in this your plan. But that's just me: you may eventually run your show successfully irrespective of whay I think.
BTW..did you say you have been admitted to the uni already?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 11:59pm On Aug 30, 2015
kayluxneedsu:
Well, I understand you bit take exception to some of your view. No issues anyway. Yes I have been admitted to a Uni buh required to provide a proficiency certificate.

Viel erfolg! Keep us updated on how it works out for you. I hope it goes fine
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 12:03am On Aug 31, 2015
kayluxneedsu:
I think I lean towards lmuhopeful here. You have to think a lot of things through before you embark on this journey. Even if your plan works, imagine what that 500k would have done for you with regards to settling down. Besides, I met someone at the consulate once whom, after paying for the course and blocked account, still got rejected on the grounds that he can learn it at goethe (obiwann can testify to this). I'm not saying you will get rejected I'm just trained to think along the lines of probability and hence I don't necessarily believe in miracles, which brings me to the language itself. Can you learn a new language from scratch to B2 in 8 months? Simply put, if you were to write the IELTS equivalent of German in 8 months, will you score up to 6.0??
Access yourself and think this true.

But anything is possible..... Peace

*Modified*
Cc GottSeiDank
I must say I'm impressed that you got A2 in Nigeria in just 4 months. I believe you know the amount of work you put in. Do you believe you can get to B2 in another 4 months?

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 31, 2015
Well, mistake made...

Pleas house, what are your suggestions and the way forward?

Williamso:

I think I lean towards lmuhopeful here. You have to think a lot of things through before you embark on this journey. Even if your plan works, imagine what that 500k would have done for you with regards to settling down. Besides, I met someone at the consulate once whom, after paying for the course and blocked account, still got rejected on the grounds that he can learn it at goethe (obiwann can testify to this). I'm not saying you will get rejected I'm just trained to think along the lines of probability and hence I don't necessarily believe in miracles, which brings me to the language itself. Can you learn a new language from scratch to B2 in 8 months? Simply put, if you were to write the IELTS equivalent of German in 8 months, will you score up to 6.0??
Access yourself and think this true.

But anything is possible, after all pigs fly... Peace
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GottSeiDank: 12:18am On Aug 31, 2015
Sincerely Bros I can't say for now. grin Getting A2 within that four months wasn't a child's play.
But I believe nothing is impossible.
Williamso:

*Modified*
Cc GottSeiDank
I must say I'm impressed that you got A2 in Nigeria in just 4 months. I believe you know the amount of work you put in. Do you believe you can get to B2 in another 4 months?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 12:19am On Aug 31, 2015
kayluxneedsu:
Well, mistake made...

Is it possible you get a refund? If yes then I suggest you do so and apply for this A1 course starting in September at Goethe Lagos. By this time next year you may have reached B1. Honestly there are no shortcuts to this. Like Williamso suggested, how many of us can score higher than 6.5 band on IELTS inspite of the fact that English is taught to us from birth. As you are learning, keep saving/hustling for your blocked acct money. Perhaps with a high level of zeal and motivation you could achieve your dreams of studying in Germany by summer 2017.

Also wait to hear the suggestions of other members of the thread

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 12:20am On Aug 31, 2015
kayluxneedsu:
Well, mistake made...

Not necessarily a mistake made. But if I were in your shoes;
I would request for a refund from the language school (if it's possible), register at Goethe, and fire as many applications as possible for English programs. The time spent at Goethe can also be used to source for funds that my 500k can augment to a large extent (that's more than 25% of the blocked fund shocked). And when I get admission to an English program, the German learnt will be for everyday communication, not for lectures (trust me, there is a difference). And since the admission at hand won't kick in till next year, I'm more or less "safe".................................

But that's just my opinion.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 12:25am On Aug 31, 2015
Williamso:

Not necessarily a mistake made. But if I were in your shoes;
I would request for a refund from the language school (if it's possible), register at Goethe, and fire as many applications as possible for English programs. The time spent at Goethe can also be used to source for funds that my 500k can augment to a large extent (that's more than 25% of the blocked fund shocked). And when I get admission to an English program, the German learnt will be for everyday communication, not for lectures (trust me, there is a difference). And since the admission admission at hand won't kick in till next year, I'm more or less "safe".................................

But that's just my opinion.
I completely agree with U...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 12:25am On Aug 31, 2015
GottSeiDank:
Sincerely Bros I can't say for now. grin Getting A2 within that four months wasn't a child's play.
But I believe nothing is impossible.
My point exactly. While "anything is possible", probability of that happening is in single digit percentages.

kayluxneedsu, just found out you're going for informatik (Computer Science). There are tons of English programs in it naa. Why did you choose German
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 31, 2015
As at when I applied and got the offer, I don't know its been taught in English... Which school is it? And moreso, its for Undergraduate

Williamso:

My point exactly. While "anything is possible", probability of that happening is in single digit percentages.

kayluxneedsu, just found out you're going for informatik (Computer Science). There are tons of English programs in it naa. Why did you choose German
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GottSeiDank: 12:34am On Aug 31, 2015
I will also go with the suggestion of my bosses. Request for a refund (if possible ). Then enroll for the language class staring by Sept, then by December you'll already have A1. Goethe runs three semester in a year, so by July or August [b]Gbam!! B1 [/b]and by the time you say jack, you will be smiling with your B2. That means you could even apply for winter 2016 or summer 2017. You know you can also hustle while studying the language for your dB. But sincerely, It's better you look for English language taught courses and learn the language for communication and student jobs. B1 level should do.
kayluxneedsu:
Well, mistake made...

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 31, 2015
Thank you bro. Refund claim already placed but just 50%. No issue, am getting it back in 1week...

Thank you all for your opinion, suggestions and advise.

GottSeiDank:
I will also go with the suggestion of my bosses. Request for a refund (if possible ). Then enroll for the language class staring by Sept, then by December you'll already have A1. Goethe runs three semester in a year, so by July or August [b]Gbam!! B1 [/b]and by that time you say jack, you will be smiling with your B2. That means you could even apply for winter 2016 or summer 2017. You know you can also hustle while studying the language for your dB.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 12:41am On Aug 31, 2015
kayluxneedsu:
As at when I applied and got the offer, I don't know its been taught in English... Which school is it? And moreso, its for Undergraduate
They're quite few though, but a great motivation can move mountains.....
https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/en/?p=l#q=Computer&degree[]=1&subject=0&lang[]=2&langDistribution=0&fee[]=1&sortBy=1&page=1&display=list

https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/studiengang/en/?a=result&q=&degree=24&subjects%5B193%5D=1&studyareas%5B226%5D=1&courselanguage=2&locations=&admissionsemester=&sort=name&page=1
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obs3rver: 12:42am On Aug 31, 2015
kayluxneedsu:

Bros, you will find that the best gardens are carefully laid out, and quite a lot of work is put into making it so. I will advise that you bid your time, if you can. According to some pages back (a lot of pages actually), the Embassy is presently carefully scrutinizing language visa applications, with very low approval rates (if any). To be honest, I don't why anyone will want to go through so much trouble when what they want to learn is within their reach. I know someone who taught himself 12 different languages, including German, to fluency, and basic spoken and written Mandarin. He did not have to go to 12 countries. Dedication and a thirst for knowledge is all he used. Although the guy has a genius level IQ. So there is that. It might be a prerequisite for enrolling at the school, but let's face it, it's one that can be achieved months before the date of enrollment, in your comfort zone.

See yeah, I will advise you to:
1) Ask for your 500k back from the language course guys; if that's possible, see 2 - 5.
2) Self-study for a few days so you have basic grasp of the language
3) Enroll at Goethe institut using part of your 500k
4) Use the 8 months you were going to use in Germany, here in Goethe
5) Repackage and send fresh applications to several schools, attaching the certificate you will have obtained after this 8 month period. With the right documents, you will surely get admitted into a good number of them again.

As lmuhopeful wisely said, within this period, you can source for additional funds to add to what's left of the 500k. Borrow if you have to. You will definitely be able to pay back one day. Using an arranged sponsorship letter should not even be on the table. You can get banned for life, if discovered. And trust me, it's only one day for the thief. Getting banned from one European country? it sure won't be easy to enter any of the rest. This thing is not a do-do fast-or die affair. Do it and do it the right way.

Please be guided in your decision making, to avoid stories that touch. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GottSeiDank: 12:45am On Aug 31, 2015
50% cut is much but better than nothing. Just go back to your drawing board and re-strategize.
Wish you all the best bro. grin
kayluxneedsu:
Thank you bro. Refund claim already placed but just 50%. No issue, am getting it back in 1week...

Thank you all for your opinion, suggestions and advise.

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ayeopare(m): 1:25am On Aug 31, 2015
Yes, i actually used blocked account slip to apply, and i am thinking of changing to Letter of Sponsorship. Actually did my interview 6th August and a mail like 1hour later to credit my Account. Yes, travel agent could be a great option but i am going to mail the embassy this morning.
honourableseyi:

I guess he first used block account slip to book for an appointment and did his interview with; but since he can't raise the money, I assume he is thinking of changing it to sponsorship stuff. I assume ni ooooo, it may be wrong or right. Abi se I lie @Ayeopare? I think the first thing you need to know or confirm is, "can an on-going visa application process be change from blocked account to sponsorship?" before you make any other move. IMO
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 2:55am On Aug 31, 2015
ayeopare:
Yes, i actually used blocked account slip to apply, and i am thinking of changing to Letter of Sponsorship. Actually did my interview 6th August and a mail like 1hour later to credit my Account. Yes, travel agent could be a great option but i am going to mail the embassy this morning.
Changing from a sponsorship letter to a blocked account is very possible and straight forward although it will cost you some more processing time but getting the sponsorship letter is the issue.

@kayluxneedsu, just hold on to all the advise you have been given, they are all very solid. It's almost impossible to get visa for language school alone when you you have the intention of starting from A1...except you have up to A2 here and want to start from B1 and I laughed when you said you will go there and hustle while in Language school. The truth is that, you CAN'T work legally in Germany while you status is just only that of a language student...note that you can't.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 3:19am On Aug 31, 2015
kayluxneedsu:

In addition to what everybody has said, what is your present highest qualification? I think that is imperative in order to deal with your re-strategising in different angles. If na ICT and you have the German Abitur, there are a lot of opportunities during the winter semester in English. It all come back on what you have presently as your highest qualification. Best of luck
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 4:37am On Aug 31, 2015
Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing.
twinkle1:

Yes I can advice them to do TOEFL.
I dropped a link of a TOEFL pack to download months back.. There are about 22 past exams one can practice with in it.. It's a Simulator..

http://www.4shared.com/zip/P3mexyAP/TOEFL_TPO__Mitsu_Licensed_.html

BUT.. Someone I know that follows this German thread said he just Freestyled the IELTS exam.. He didn't practice jack nd had 6.5

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 6:15am On Aug 31, 2015
Mehn the advice given to you on this thread is SPOT ON. KAYLUXNEEDSU pls why bother applying to German taught courses.
There are loaaaaadsss of English taught programmes in Germany.
But that 500k ish mehn kai..Just follow the advice lmuhopeful, williamso, GottSeiDank gave u.
Cheers..

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.