Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,958 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (999319 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 6:45am On Aug 31, 2015
kayluxneedsu:
I agree with you suggesting learning Germany in Nigeria but you know its gonna take more time cos of the unavailability of people to speak it with after class. However, its still viable but its still back to square one:

Upon been certified in B2 by Goethe, I still need the 8k euro or a sponsor which is what am looking for now. Moreson, the language course is for 8months and not 6months.

Even if the Language course will last for a year, it's not economically profitable to do so, using block account. Because you are not allowed to work when learning the language. So what will happen when your money get exhausted.

@justwise why did you hide my comment? did it violate any rule? I saw his email addy and edited it out before quoting.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by skills50(m): 6:50am On Aug 31, 2015
willy2000:

How good is your German ? Studying medicine in Germany is very competitive. You require not only a very high proficiency in the language but also high Grades from your Abitur( if you have one ). From what i heard, getting into med. school is the main thing but once you are in. The sky is your starting point.
Don't feel you can't make it, or achieve it. Take my words as STEROIDS and use them for your preparation. The journey is not long but not for the faint hearten.

I met a Nigerian Nurse who told me how she came in contact with a Nigerian Head Doc.( Hauptartz), that is how they are called.
For those who have visited any teaching hospital in Germany will understand what it is to be one.
You move around with other Doctors but they are all behind you like your bodyguards. Bros do come join the league joor.

Interested students can contact their university for stipendium. Application for Deutschlandstipendium will commence soon. The money may seem small but it will go a long way to alleviate your financial burden. I really don't have much info about it because applications differ from each Universität.

Here is the link. http://www.deutschlandstipendium.de/de/2319.php

Thanks for d information am thinking of applying to charite university berlin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 6:55am On Aug 31, 2015
Williamso:

I think I lean towards lmuhopeful here. You have to think a lot of things through before you embark on this journey. Even if your plan works, imagine what that 500k would have done for you with regards to settling down. Besides, I met someone at the consulate once whom, after paying for the course and blocked account, still got rejected on the grounds that he can learn it at goethe (obiwann can testify to this). I'm not saying you will get rejected I'm just trained to think along the lines of probability and hence I don't necessarily believe in miracles, which brings me to the language itself. Can you learn a new language from scratch to B2 in 8 months? Simply put, if you were to write the IELTS equivalent of German in 8 months, will you score up to 6.0??
Access yourself and think this true.

But anything is possible..... Peace

*Modified*
Cc GottSeiDank
I must say I'm impressed that you got A2 in Nigeria in just 4 months. I believe you know the amount of work you put in. Do you believe you can get to B2 in another 4 months?

B2 in another 4 months......that is a no no. Getting to a2 in Nigeria in 4 months is do able, because a2 level entails not too much details about the language. The threshold point is B1 getting certified here is really not easy and B2 is a lot more complicated.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 7:09am On Aug 31, 2015
honourableseyi:

In addition to what everybody has said, what is your present highest qualification? I think that is imperative in order to deal with your re-strategising in different angles. If na ICT and you have the German Abitur, there are a lot of opportunities during the winter semester in English. It all come back on what you have presently as your highest qualification. Best of luck

Exactly, you are so right Seyi and others who have contributed immensely. I think he's not WELL guided enough before taking the steps of paying 500k just for language course. I doubt if he knows he'll need to attend Studienkollege cos some schools like Aachen runs their own studienkollege. (*reminds me of that little boy at the embassy whose parents paid over 17,000€ or so for his studies*). its like your Jamb/post utme into gaining admission into any school in Germany.

First thing first Kaylux... What's your present qualification(Hnd, Ond, 100level, sch cert holder), which Uni gave you admission on the basis of completing B2. you may ask them to also accompany your language letter with official admission letter (if possible).

back to the embassy, what are your qualifications and how do you plan to defend that? if you defend yourself at the embassy, how about the alien office who will also scrutinize your documents and applications.

Please be wise brother, 500k for language is not advisable. Goethe is just 35-40k per module and 5-6k books. by the time you're done with B1, your 500k will greatly suffer but its worth it. I believe you can have some other things to do while studying here. make sure it's a gainful employment and in your intended field of study.

I wish you all the best !

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:31am On Aug 31, 2015
willy2000:

Even if the Language course will last for a year, it's not economically profitable to do so, using block account. Because you are not allowed to work when learning the language. So what will happen when your money get exhausted.

@justwise why did you hide my comment? did it violate any rule? I saw his email addy and edited it out before quoting.

You did not violate any rule neither did your post, it was just the post you quoted as i wanted to get rid of the original question.

He has been asking the same question before and dropping his contact details.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bissiejoe: 9:09am On Aug 31, 2015
Good day all,
Been a while and i hope we are all finding the journey to Deutschland very smooth.
I am here on the defense of the veterans like me who don't comment here anymore, using my own situation. Most times when i come on this forum, i am faced with the challenge of reading like 20 pages, because this thread is very active, few people will argue against that. And most of this queries when i read them have always been answered eloquently, so I don't see any need to add more if i consider that i have to go to class, go to work, read on my own and also cook, it saves me hours and one thing i realised missing is the life here in Germany which some other guys have equally made comments about. It is not easy combining studies and working and also coming here every now and then to make comments, the time is not even there because when you go to class, you will do more self study and there is nothing like area of concentration for exams, you have to know and study everything.
And about the language, you really have to do something from Nigeria to get the basics before coming cos if you don't, you may be frustrated at first with life over here. Learning in Naija would help ur writing and reading a lot and knowledge of words, though you may have little problem with hearing and speaking cos of our accent. The language is key for job opportunities, most germans know basic english and only struggle with vocabularies but will never speak english to you when you apply for work and only few will do. If you need to buy something from them, they will gladly do even when they are struggling with it as we struggle with theirs.
About life here, different strokes for different folks, so it depends on luck and ur zeal and like i always tell people, if you think you can be here as a student and think you will be making money to build mansion in Nigeria, you are on your own but atleast you will make money to fend for urself and pay bills and save little change depending on ur lifestyle(i said this cos i know some folks have that mentality).
Lastly, studies here is not cheap cake coupled with the fact that international students do combine studies with work made it very difficult, but it is possible and can be achieve if you are determine(in Kanu Nwankwo's voice) and focus. With the right zeal and discipline, it can be achieve.

And having in mind that with God all things i men everything is possible

11 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by emydon01: 9:22am On Aug 31, 2015
Goodmorning everyone! Am new here and need quick help, plsssss. Am currently at Zenith Bank hq in lagos trying to initiate a Form A transfer to my db.

Can anyone help me with an invoice from the University of Bremen showing the breakdown of living expenses
Cus i've searched d school website and diddt find any.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 9:35am On Aug 31, 2015
emydon01:
Goodmorning everyone! Am new here and need quick help, plsssss. Am currently at Zenith Bank hq in lagos trying to initiate a Form A transfer to my db.

Can anyone help me with an invoice from the University of Bremen showing the breakdown of living expenses
Cus i've searched d school website and diddt find any.

Zenith bank does not require any breakdown of expenses from school. The documents from the embassy and Deutschbank will suffice

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by daimlerbenz: 9:38am On Aug 31, 2015
May I ask if you are Odedina Jones? If yes, I comment my reserve.
bissiejoe:
Good day all,
Been a while and i hope we are all finding the journey to Deutschland very smooth.
I am here on the defense of the veterans like me who don't comment here anymore, using my own situation. Most times when i come on this forum, i am faced with the challenge of reading like 20 pages, because this thread is very active, few people will argue against that. And most of this queries when i read them have always been answered eloquently, so I don't see any need to add more if i consider that i have to go to class, go to work, read on my own and also cook, it saves me hours and one thing i realised missing is the life here in Germany which some other guys have equally made comments about. It is not easy combining studies and working and also coming here every now and then to make comments, the time is not even there because when you go to class, you will do more self study and there is nothing like area of concentration for exams, you have to know and study everything.
And about the language, you really have to do something from Nigeria to get the basics before coming cos if you don't, you may be frustrated at first with life over here. Learning in Naija would help ur writing and reading a lot and knowledge of words, though you may have little problem with hearing and speaking cos of our accent. The language is key for job opportunities, most germans know basic english and only struggle with vocabularies but will never speak english to you when you apply for work and only few will do. If you need to buy something from them, they will gladly do even when they are struggling with it as we struggle with theirs.
About life here, different strokes for different folks, so it depends on luck and ur zeal and like i always tell people, if you think you can be here as a student and think you will be making money to build mansion in Nigeria, you are on your own but atleast you will make money to fend for urself and pay bills and save little change depending on ur lifestyle(i said this cos i know some folks have that mentality).
Lastly, studies here is not cheap cake coupled with the fact that international students do combine studies with work made it very difficult, but it is possible and can be achieve if you are determine(in Kanu Nwankwo's voice) and focus. With the right zeal and discipline, it can be achieve.

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sternosa: 9:53am On Aug 31, 2015
Hello all.

I have a question for those who are currently studying in Germany. Do these schools offer Summer semesters in order for the graduation time frame to be shortened?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 31, 2015
bissiejoe:
Good day all,

Well said...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by emydon01: 10:05am On Aug 31, 2015
cahnellven:

Zenith bank does not require any breakdown of expenses from school. The documents from the embassy and Deutschbank will suffice

Thanks cahnellven. But the bank still insist I provide a supporting document from the school showing the estimated expenses(€8040). I intend to call the school now for help, or is there another way?

I've called the school, the lady dat picked said its a matter for the embassy not school.

Does anyone here have the invoice from the consulate showing the cost breakdown?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 31, 2015
hi everyone nice joining /following this thread

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 10:42am On Aug 31, 2015
emydon01:

Thanks cahnellven. But the bank still insist I provide a supporting document from the school showing the estimated expenses(€8040). I intend to call the school now for help, or is there another way?

I've called the school, the lady dat picked said its a matter for the embassy not school.

Does anyone here have the invoice from the consulate showing the cost breakdown?

Do you have another admission? If yes you can use this other admission to pay your forn A on the condition that this other school has a breakdown.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 10:54am On Aug 31, 2015
emydon01:

Guy, I have visited the Bremen page and have seen a page that shows a breakdown:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 10:55am On Aug 31, 2015
emydon01:

Maybe it's a new requirement.

Someone got the breakdown from University of Bremen, i can't remember who though. If you can peruse the thread some 50 pages back , you should see the post.

Good luck
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bissiejoe: 10:55am On Aug 31, 2015
ellacute45:
hi everyone am new here... applied for a German visa in April which my dad is the sole sponsor because he lives there so later on 7th July I did my DNA test.. it was positive though so am looking forward to be given my visa in September.. I finished sec skul this year @fifteen.. so my question is this.. what are the challenges I might face in Germany cuss I don't really know the language,wanted to go for language study my dad refused saying I will learn it when I get there.
Secondly,how long will it take me to fully learn the language and enter college..
You are very lucky to have finished secondary school at this age, when you visa is approved and you arrive Germany, register at a language school and let the language alone be ur priority. Then when you reach B1 level(depends on how fast you can grasp and comprehend) you can enrolled in studenkolleg for a year and then move on to the uni.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 10:57am On Aug 31, 2015
And this one. This particular one is the same kind I used at Union Bank and it was accepted.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Princesam400(m): 11:12am On Aug 31, 2015
grin
daimlerbenz:
The day it is found out, and I tell you they will find out that you are using an arranged Sponsorship letter, Polizei on your neck. You almost can't do anything productive ever again in Deutchland. I had said this earlier and I repeat it, best thing for you in GERMANY is to be TRUSTWORTHY.

NEVER EVER think about arranging sponsorship letter. It's better you go and collect Syrian citizenshi and come in as refugee or you go and offend PMB and come seek asylum in Germany than to try to trick the system. The system will find you out and the system will kick you out big time.

grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bissiejoe: 11:21am On Aug 31, 2015
daimlerbenz:
May I ask if you are Odedina Jones? If yes, I comment my reserve.
I am not......i think we have communicated before
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 11:21am On Aug 31, 2015
Union Bank never asked me for that. Union bank did not asked for breakdown/Estimated expenses. They just carried out the transaction and I got my credit alert from Deutsch bank in 3 days.
emydon01:

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 12:01pm On Aug 31, 2015
victz:
Union Bank never asked me for that. Union bank did not asked for breakdown/Estimated expenses. They just carried out the transaction and I got my credit alert from Deutsch bank in 3 days.

When did you Initiate the transfer and for how much?
Thanks !
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by daimlerbenz: 12:22pm On Aug 31, 2015
You and him or You and I?
bissiejoe:

I am not......i think we have communicated before
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jagaban17: 12:22pm On Aug 31, 2015
Please gurus. I need a school that can accept a 2:2 for masters,I have Bsc in mechanical Engineering.. ...and will prefer schools that can review my transcript via email -i sent to university of Wuppertal last year via email but was denied- Help please. I've tried reading back I'm yet to get a concrete ans.

Will appreciate your help. Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Floyd45(m): 12:34pm On Aug 31, 2015
Good Morning to all the wonderful contributors on this thread. I have been able to get some little knowledge from this thread. I have checked out www.daad.de as to the courses i'll like to study in Germany. I want to go for a masters in political science, i however noticed that most of the schools are to start new session during winter next year (if i am correct). My question is can i get any school in Germany that will commence new session by the beginning of next year. Thank you.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 12:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
jagaban17:
Please gurus. I need a school that can accept a 2:2 for masters,I have Bsc in mechanical Engineering.. ...and will prefer schools that can review my transcript via email -i sent to university of Wuppertal last year via email but was denied- Help please. I've tried reading back I'm yet to get a concrete ans.

Will appreciate your help. Thanks.

2.2 can range from 2.4 to 3.4....young man be more specific

All the best

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 12:43pm On Aug 31, 2015
bissiejoe:
Good day all,

Oga before u dey write novel..bring egusi and dry fish ..cos I dey come burst u once u land

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stevemims(m): 12:48pm On Aug 31, 2015
Floyd45.... Definetly you can with summer semester,but the issh is most courses are always opened for winter session... I am a political scientist too... Just look through daad.de very well,narrow your search to summer openings and closely related courses. I wish you th best
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 1:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
I initiated the transfer on the 11th of July and got credit alert from Deutsche Bank on the 14th of July. Union Bank charged me NGN228.50K per Euro.
dolpaz:

When did you Initiate the transfer and for how much?
Thanks !

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Floyd45(m): 1:26pm On Aug 31, 2015
stevemims:
Floyd45.... Definetly you can with summer semester,but the issh is most courses are always opened for winter session... I am a political scientist too... Just look through daad.de very well,narrow your search to summer openings and closely related courses. I wish you th best

Really political scientist also? that's cool man. I appreciate your reply man. I'll try and narrow my search like you suggested. Are you planning on furthering your education also in Germany?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by emydon01: 2:20pm On Aug 31, 2015
Thanks to every1 dat took time to help me. God bless y'all.

I've seen a statement breakdown of expenses on the school website. I'll try the bank tomorrow.

I'll keep y'all posted.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 2:26pm On Aug 31, 2015
emydon01:
Thanks to every1 dat took time to help me. God bless y'all.

I've seen a statement breakdown of expenses on the school website. I'll try the bank tomorrow.

I'll keep y'all posted.

Was it the same as the one I posted above smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.