Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (995263 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 9:20am On Oct 10, 2015
ohans4u:
Hail all the captains in the house, stumbled on this thread few days ago.
Pls house nothing has been mentioned here about HND holder 3.18 upper credit Pub Admin what is their hope like? Can they apply for bsc or masters program and what possible course can they switch to? Thanks to each and everyone of you who would kindly help.

You can only apply for Bsc with your HND
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jaegermesiter: 9:48am On Oct 10, 2015
Lovely thread,please let's keep it up.
Am enthusiatic about studying in germany,with particular interest in TU dresden,but cash issues,I am hereby joining my faith with everybodys faiith here and praying for a miracle ,for now its more likely erasmus mundus and daad scholarship that am placing my hopes on

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jameseva: 10:05am On Oct 10, 2015
Please can someone list out the essentials to buy again? They seem to be scatterred all over various posts. I'm on my way to computer village first and then yaba later. Please guys. I need the list urgently.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 10:32am On Oct 10, 2015
seunny4lif:
Yeah it's about ticket and Germany no dey play with their ticket oooh cos those guys no dey hear story oooh grin grin
But come to think of it oooh, I used two months going around Munich without Fahrkarten shocked shocked and the day I bought my 1st monthly ticket cheesy grin Na dat day dem come control me grin grin
I smile dey thank God, say I don already buy my ticket grin grin

Herzlich Willkommen zur Deutschland kiss

Lol...very lucky.
I had similar issues too. Wanted to get a return train ticket to hilchenbach, didn't know d ticket was for a one way journey cos all was written in German. On ma way back home, d police guy started the search and stopped at me.."hey this is a one way ticket he said". I told him I dunno and luckily for me, he told me to pay moni for return. I for pay 60 euro just like that. Few days later, I met some indians who said they have bin touring various cities with dia admission letter pending wen the student card is out...doh some pple I asked still maintain itz illegal.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 10:38am On Oct 10, 2015
Cindino20:

Ur head dey there...Chemistry...Chemistry recreates nature tongue

I guess you applied with German cert (A2)....
Yea sure! Oga cindino.
Herez Naija version: "great cations and anions!!! Spontaneous reaction!"
I didn't apply wit a German cert. Lectures strictly in English doh I have A1.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 10:58am On Oct 10, 2015
jameseva:
Please can someone list out the essentials to buy again? They seem to be scatterred all over various posts. I'm on my way to computer village first and then yaba later. Please guys. I need the list urgently.
Get a
2 pin mouth extension (radio wire plug),
LAN cable
a mini router
Buy a smaller fone if possible, fone ain't cheap here.
You could get ur winter jacket in yaba. Doh itz expensive there. Try katangua market for cheaper ones.
Get thick socks too.

The ogas can add to the list.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jaegermesiter: 11:01am On Oct 10, 2015
First.
Textbooks,LAN cable,winter jacket,thick jeans and shoes,stationerys,toiletries,duvet,router,laptop,travelling bag etc
jameseva:

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 11:15am On Oct 10, 2015
jaegermesiter:

First.
Textbooks,LAN cable,winter jacket,thick jeans and shoes,stationerys,toiletries,duvet,router,laptop,travelling bag etc
In addition pls buy anything buy able in Nigeria.. Things are not cheaper in Germany ... I repeat things are not cheaper in Germany.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 11:21am On Oct 10, 2015
A box of Indomie here.. I mean the smallest size is €12.50...something that is a Lil less than 1500 in naija.. I was so pissed.

Well someone once advised me if you keep converting everything back to naira. U'll be frustrated. Doesn't really work like that.

E.g if you pay for accommodation say €200 that's about 50, 000 naira per month.

Lol even in Germany €200 is on the cheap side for accommodation.. Studentenwerk ish..

BUT in naija 50,000 per month for just one room nd shared everything is relatively expensive.. That's just one of many oh
Conversations don't really help

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 11:27am On Oct 10, 2015
twinkle1:

In addition pls buy anything buy able in Nigeria.. Things are not cheaper in Germany ... I repeat things are not cheaper in Germany.
Tru tok...foods are cheap.
I tried getting a winter jacket cos I came wit 1 and itz a lil short, mehn prizes I see eeh. Btw 70 to 100 euros.
Doh I think dat is some kinda exotic store or sometin.
I regretted y I didn't get more @ katangua market. The only disadvantage of getting more Dan 1 or 2 from naija is the weight and space it covers
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 11:33am On Oct 10, 2015
Kelvinpam:

Tru tok...foods are cheap.
I tried getting a winter jacket cos I came wit 1 and itz a lil short, mehn prizes I see eeh. Btw 70 to 100 euros.
Doh I think dat is some kinda exotic store or sometin.
I regretted y I didn't get more @ katangua market. The only disadvantage of getting more Dan 1 or 2 from naija is the weight and space it covers

Oh yes food is err quite cheap tbh..
But Imported stuff like indomie nd some Africa stuff are not really oo.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aibee01(m): 12:15pm On Oct 10, 2015
twinkle1:
A box of Indomie here.. I mean the smallest size is €12.50...something that is a Lil less than 1500 in naija.. I was so pissed.

Well someone once advised me if you keep converting everything back to naira. U'll be frustrated. Doesn't really work like that.

E.g if you pay for accommodation say €200 that's about 50, 000 naira per month.

Lol even in Germany €200 is on the cheap side for accommodation.. Studentenwerk ish..

BUT in naija 50,000 per month for just one room nd shared everything is relatively expensive.. That's just one of many oh
Conversations don't really help

but if we consider the amenities that comes with the accommodation nko....24 hrs electricity and water supply, furniture in the room...,like my own kitchen na only blender miss for dia though its a shared kitchen...........3k a night hotel for naija self no get 24hrs electricity.
but i just they tell my guys for here until i start dey earn Euro i dey convert my money to Naira before buying things..,except the thing dey very essential na hin i no go mind the price.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jaegermesiter: 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2015
[quote author=twinkle1 post=38845699]

But Imported stuff like indomie nd some Africa stuff are not really oo. [/quote
So a cartoon of indomie,a well wrapped suya(well ur only suya for d nxt 2 yrs),nsala ,egusi and oha igredients,germany is d beer capital of the world(if only all my benue frnds knew),head warmer,pressing iron,sure spray,shaving stick,jogging wears,BIBLE and rosary, wetn I forget to add]

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 12:19pm On Oct 10, 2015
aibee01:

but if we consider the amenities that comes with the accommodation nko....24 hrs electricity and water supply, furniture in the room...,like my own kitchen na only blender miss for dia though its a shared kitchen...........3k a night hotel for naija self no get 24hrs electricity.
but i just they tell my guys for here until i start dey earn Euro i dey convert my money to Naira before buying things..,except the thing dey very essential na hin i no go mind the price.

Hmm true sha.. U have a point cheesy
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jaegermesiter: 12:20pm On Oct 10, 2015
For catholics going to german,here's d holy mass in german,it could help improve ur german a bit.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 12:20pm On Oct 10, 2015
[quote author=jaegermesiter post=38846879][/quote]

LoooooooL buy everything oo grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jaegermesiter: 12:41pm On Oct 10, 2015
twinkle1:

But Imported stuff like indomie nd some Africa stuff are not really oo.
Wetn concern me an african food again when I can have a pig for 2 euros(if only my benue frnds knew) at REWE, its all abt toast bread and salty cheese and cocoa,then basmati rice and chicken curry sauce and Bier und mehr bier , I want the mede mede type of meals and these our eba and strachy foods

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 12:41pm On Oct 10, 2015
Kelvinpam:

Yea sure! Oga cindino.
Herez Naija version: "great cations and anions!!! Spontaneous reaction!"
I didn't apply wit a German cert. Lectures strictly in English doh I have A1.

Reaction!

Make sense then....When you don settle down we go block....

I dey Bochum...

All the best Man....

For those of you who just arrived...things may appear expensive for now....just chill until u start makin some money here...try to minimise ur spending for now.

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mickyboiz: 1:31pm On Oct 10, 2015
hadassaheke:

Ok, I read industrial physis, planning on deviating to something else (but still related) in my m.sc. You?
Goodmorning people!

#Teamwinter2016#
erhmm i already gain admision to study physics engineering Bsc in oldenburg but cause of financial reason my parents said i shd finish my Bsc here i jst enter yr 3 nw and i was tinkin to deffer d admision
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jaegermesiter: 1:54pm On Oct 10, 2015
Please house can we do documents verification in the courts?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jaegermesiter: 1:55pm On Oct 10, 2015
Sorry I meant document certifications
jaegermesiter:
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jameseva: 2:09pm On Oct 10, 2015
@kelvinpam, jaegermesiter, twinkle1 thanks for the list ooh. Una too much. I'm Buying stuffs as I write. What kinda shoes should I buy tho? 'em Nike, reebok kinda canvases or Italian-like shoes. What's the dress code like for students. I don't wann stand out as JJC for school. Is it more of jeans, round neck and airforce-1 kinda canvas OR suit and tie with Italian shoes *heading to yaba now* THANKS
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jaegermesiter: 2:44pm On Oct 10, 2015
Dnt buy colorful shoes,go for Nike,dy aint too elaborate,go for Boots(like timbaland cost 18K),dress code is a long sleeve shirt(tm levin or curtis) and a sweater(not colorful) and a jeans(not faded jeans o) wit ur shoes nike or boots ,ut swatch wrist watch,neatly combed hair(not porcupine hairstyle o) ,sure body spray or bee attractive body spray and dats abt it,u nid a vry good suit for defence(buy dis in germany)

jameseva:

@kelvinpam, jaegermesiter, twinkle1 thanks for the list ooh. Una too much. I'm Buying stuffs as I write. What kinda shoes should I buy tho? 'em Nike, reebok kinda canvases or Italian-like shoes. What's the dress code like for students. I don't wann stand out as JJC for school. Is it more of jeans, round neck and airforce-1 kinda canvas OR suit and tie with Italian shoes *heading to yaba now* THANKS
[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2015
jaegermesiter:
Dnt buy colorful shoes,go for Nike,dy aint too elaborate,go for Boots(like timbaland cost 18K),dress code is a long sleeve shirt(tm levin or curtis) and a sweater(not colorful) and a jeans(not faded jeans o) wit ur shoes nike or boots ,ut swatch wrist watch,neatly combed hair(not porcupine hairstyle o) ,sure body spray or bee attractive body spray and dats abt it,u nid a vry good suit for defence(buy dis in germany)

[color=#990000][/color]

You are right! 99% of them dress casual as you've stated. Over here you'll do ALOT of walking so buy comfy sneakers. The most common people wear here are Nike Roshe, Converse All Stars, mostly any WARM and LIGHT WEIGHT sneakers.
For boots err.. I saw people were sneakers far more than boots.
Lol don't wear Italian shoes for casuals o grin
E go quick spoil smiley not rugged for waka waka.

Nd yes everything you wrote is TRUE.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ohans4u(m): 3:57pm On Oct 10, 2015
honourableseyi:

You can only apply for Bsc with your HND
Thank you hourable, Pls do I need a block account for Bsc program? I studied public admin but would like to change course pls advice.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 4:03pm On Oct 10, 2015
ohans4u:

Thank you hourable, Pls do I need a block account for Bsc program? I studied public admin but would like to change course pls advice.

Yes you need it. But it seems you have not read this thread at all? Do that and you will thank God later when you find out that all the questions you have asked and the prospective ones have been answered or discussed. Shalom

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Coach8: 5:19pm On Oct 10, 2015
jaegermesiter:

Yeah, at any high courts, would charge around N1k to N1.5k. Just ask for certified true copy stamp.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 5:34pm On Oct 10, 2015
If it's not possible to pursue Masters with HND in Nigeria, it's also not possible to pursue do masters with HND in Germany. The highest you can get as an HND holder is to do a BSc programme. Start reading some pages back, you will get all the necessary information's you need.

ohans4u:
Hail all the captains in the house, stumbled on this thread few days ago.
Pls house nothing has been mentioned here about HND holder 3.18 upper credit Pub Admin what is their hope like? Can they apply for bsc or masters program and what possible course can they switch to? Thanks to each and everyone of you who would kindly help.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 5:50pm On Oct 10, 2015
When i was saying that things are not really cheap in Germany apart of from certain food items it looked as if i was only talking to myself. Am glad that someone else is now confirming it. Though, the reason why it looked as if things are too expensive here is because we have not started earning Euro. The money we are spending so far is the the Euro equivalent of the Naira we converted.

Na only God wey bring us come here go help us all.

twinkle1:

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 10, 2015
jaegermesiter:

Wetn concern me an african food again when I can have a pig for 2 euros(if only my benue frnds knew) at REWE, its all abt toast bread and salty cheese and cocoa,then basmati rice and chicken curry sauce and Bier und mehr bier , I want the mede mede type of meals and these our eba and strachy foods
The pig is even cheaper in aldi or lidl I think
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
twinkle1:

You are right! 99% of them dress casual as you've stated. Over here you'll do ALOT of walking so buy comfy sneakers. The most common people wear here are Nike Roshe, Converse All Stars, mostly any WARM and LIGHT WEIGHT sneakers.
For boots err.. I saw people were sneakers far more than boots.
Lol don't wear Italian shoes for casuals o grin
E go quick spoil smiley not rugged for waka waka.

Nd yes everything you wrote is TRUE.

The boots are more common in november to febuary... at the moment its still Autumn and not so cold. Boots keep u warm when the actual cold comes. Becareful with tour feet . U could get really sick if your are not warm down there in the winter

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.