Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,834 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (997946 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Galads(m): 7:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
Just chilling in my wife's room drinking my krombacher beer and watching 100 TV series and covered under a really big blanket. Men d cold here na die. Bought beer yesterday and instead of putting it in fridge, she put it at the balcony. This evening as if I just removed it from freezer in naija.

I arrived hamburg yesterday on a really stressful flight and thanks to stupid turkish airline who delayed my flight in lagos from 10pm to 1am. Arrive instabul about 9 in the morning and change my boarding pass to 11.10am. Got to hamburg about 3 pm and thank God I already have a lyca sim that my madam got for me. Loaded at the airport and called her for pick up.
I under rated the cold, cause I said to her it is not yet full winter so am sure d cold is like hamattan in the north naija and refuse to carry a jacket from Nigeria. At the airport I was happy and said in my mind I win and didn't know the heater ws hot inside. But when I stepped out of the airport, my teeth started jamming and water dropping from my eyes when nobody beat me. Abeg guys even if d jacket in naija isn't thick, buy ooooo. For load( food stuff) if u don't have somebody to come pick u, Abeg carry what only u can carry. No good samarithan here o. Na OYO.
Am here to assist anybody that needs my help. Might not be able to read all but like someone said, I will reply all my mention. Danke schon

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ejiro16: 7:55pm On Oct 14, 2015
Amanesi83:

Can you help me with the e-mail address again: I sent it and it came back as mailer Daemon I used I.vohrmann@goettingen.de is it that the 'v' is in capital letters?

I also used capital 'V'it still came back

Thank you

It's small 'v'. Have you tried the phone number?
Another advice is send ur ordeal as a mail to every email Address on ur course page narrating everything to them and asking them to contact the rathaus on your behalf. This was what I did and it worked!

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nuelbrown(m): 9:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
[quote author=Galads post=38986945]Just chilling in my wife's room drinking my krombacher beer and watching 100 TV series and covered under a really big blanket. Men d cold here na die. Bought beer yesterday and instead of putting it in fridge, she put it at the balcony. This evening as if I just removed it from freezer in naija.

Guy abg I hear say water dy costly for der....i wan confam frm yu whether na tru ??

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nuelbrown(m): 9:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
[quote author=Galads post=38986945]Just chilling in my wife's room drinking my krombacher beer and watching 100 TV series and covered under a really big blanket. Men d cold here na die. Bought beer yesterday and instead of putting it in fridge, she put it at the balcony. This evening as if I just removed it from freezer in naija.

Guy abg I hear say water dy costly for der....i wan confam frm yu whether na tru ?? and lyk hw much
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by leo2314: 10:38pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hello house, I congratulate everyone that has gotten their visas and I want to encourage those that haven't gotten theirs to hang in there, your AM matter mail will come soon.
I want to ask how long it takes for an appeal letter to be treated, cos I sent in mine 22nd of last month and till now I haven't gotten an acknowlegdment email from the embassy acknowledging my letter. Also my oga told me to send a mail to the embassy asking for the status of my letter but still no response, and on tuesday this week I sent a mail to my alien office in kleve to knw how far they've gone with my appeal and a reply was sent to me that its the embassy that dle visa cases but my email has been forwarded to them for their final verdict " I hope with dat am not bieng too forward". So my ogas 'em I need ur views on this.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Socwork: 10:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
U re not being too foward brother. With all you have done, i think help is on its way to u from above. If you dont shout as such help may not come as it has come at this stage. So fire on politely and prayerfully.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by futurewise11(m): 12:09am On Oct 15, 2015
jaegermesiter:
Please anybody in dresden or sttutgart,how are the towns like?
Stuttgart is better.Dresden is Pegida headquarter (ISLAMOPHOBIA and ANTI IMMIGRANT).

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by swtxt(f): 12:56am On Oct 15, 2015
crowns2:

My people don't carry load o. I had 11kg extra luggage. Emirates asked me to pay 149,000 for it shocked shocked for egusi, crayfish and dryfish that didn't cost up to 10,000 naira When I got to Hamburg airport I had a suitcase that was from carriage weighing 32kg plus handluggage 12kg and back pack. I regretted it. You would pity me seeing me on the road dragging such heavy load. Intact Na one black lady who i later discovered was Nigerian wey pity help me carry am. Because you need to work distances and take steps to get to the train station. If you don't have anybody to pick you up immediately don't try it. Wheelbarrow pusher no dey here o. Apart from foodstuff just take few clothes and stuff.

It's true ooo... don't carry unnecessary things when i consider how much i spent on n extra luggage ehn e just dey pain me. Even all those katangowa "winter" jackets, it'll just be like polo. The cold here no dey gree o and to think that we are not even in winter proper hmmm its not funny o. You'll be wearing socks, sweater, gloves with the heater on before you are close to the normal Nigerian temperature but we shall survive.
school here is serious business sha, I have classes from 8am to 8pm two days in a week and to 6pm on other days... No time for yourself sef... congrats to those who have been granted and welcome to those who are just arriving, we sef are just getting settled in.
anyone coming to kleve?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by safer23(m): 4:21am On Oct 15, 2015
Please, which one is Post grad application? is it the same as Masters??

Guitarlife:
Hello all. I am trying to gather my docs for post grad application and i need help with the following things

1.How will my statement of purpose look like ?
2. How will my CV look like for application for msc and phd.
3. Is it compulsory I put in for language exam like ielts or toefl ?

Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sirkells: 7:08am On Oct 15, 2015
swtxt:

It's true ooo... don't carry unnecessary things when i consider how much i spent on n extra luggage ehn e just dey pain me. Even all those katangowa "winter" jackets, it'll just be like polo. The cold here no dey gree o and to think that we are not even in winter proper hmmm its not funny o. You'll be wearing socks, sweater, gloves with the heater on before you are close to the normal Nigerian temperature but we shall survive.
school here is serious business sha, I have classes from 8am to 8pm two days in a week and to 6pm on other days... No time for yourself sef... congrats to those who have been granted and welcome to those who are just arriving, we sef are just getting settled in.
anyone coming to kleve?
Yes I'm coming to kleve. I've not gotten accommodation yet. Have you gotten one? How much?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aibee01(m): 7:15am On Oct 15, 2015
hello guys.....hmmm you can still buy winter jacket from Nigeria but just go for the thick ones not the fashionable/light ones......
just don't come with unnecessary clothing, you no go even fi wear am
....my room heater is working perfectly well as i dey sleep something with boxer alone.....but outside is stepping into natural freezer.
# a funny thing about this place b say the day way sun dey shine na hin cold they plenty pass....#still acclimatising...
REPORTING FROM KIEL.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 15, 2015
safer23:
Please, which one is Post grad application? is it the same as Masters??

Post grad = postgraduate = masters/ ph.d

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 7:52am On Oct 15, 2015
Hehehehehe grin cheesy...I just dey laugh wheb I hear una say una wan buy winter jacket for kantagora or wefin dem call am...obviously u guys were confusin winter for harmattan grin cheesy

seeing is believing....We never even reach December sef kiss...then the temp will be below 0 cry

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Degovmob: 8:54am On Oct 15, 2015
futurewise11:

Stuttgart is better.Dresden is Pegida headquarter (ISLAMOPHOBIA and ANTI IMMIGRANT).

Future11, Dresden is where I am looking to move to if their doctoral committee accepts my application. I already have a professor that wants to supervise me. I am afraid about what people say about the city.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by swtxt(f): 8:56am On Oct 15, 2015
sirkells:

Yes I'm coming to kleve. I've not gotten accommodation yet. Have you gotten one? How much?
Yh, a friend helped me when I was still in Nigeria and very cheap at that too 215 all inclusive. Accommodation here hard to get pass the admission sef angry I know people who have been here for over a month and still haven't found anything yet.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jaegermesiter: 9:01am On Oct 15, 2015
Degovmob:

Future11, Dresden is where I am looking to move to if their doctoral committee accepts my application. I already have a professor that wants to supervise me. I am afraid about what people say about the city.

Ansd dresden is where I intend to do me masters,well am no moslem(no pun intended) and I will be a documented immigrant,I just wanted to knw more abt d socio-economic value of dresden
There's a facebook tud page abt dresden,check it out and see hw beautiful the town is
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by futurewise11(m): 9:20am On Oct 15, 2015
Degovmob:

You can come in first.Then you can plan of the next step.Even some Germans cant stay in these area.its not that bad. however, for an african,you have to be ahead of the game.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jaegermesiter: 10:01am On Oct 15, 2015
futurewise11:

From my research not all dresden is terrible ,its just a particular town,they are lots of expats in dresden,neustadt and alstadt are cool towns ,its dos that stay at the outskirt of the city that inhibit dos crazy ideas...Tud is situated at altsadt....better still send an email to ur career adviser stipulating ur corncerns about dresden and seeking for assurance that what u ave heard are all over hyped

You can come in first.Then you can plan of the next step.Even some Germans cant stay in these area.its not that bad. however, for an african,you have to be ahead of the game.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by leo2314: 10:31am On Oct 15, 2015
Socwork:
U re not being too foward brother. With all you have done, i think help is on its way to u from above. If you dont shout as such help may not come as it has come at this stage. So fire on politely and prayerfully.

Okay bro, thanks for the response I appreciate it and you've begin to lift my hopes again. But could you please explain the ", i think help is on its way to u from above. If you dont shout as such help may not come as it has come at this stage. So fire on politely and prayerfully". Do you mean I should start dancing shoki?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Socwork: 10:53am On Oct 15, 2015
I mean u should continue to escalate to every responsible quatres that should attend to u. I also meant that the more u request for status report on ur appeal , it will get faster reply. But do it politely with no much insult to them. Evidently explaining your predicaments. You will get a better news soon with the pressures u re placing on them with ur enquiries.. But ultimatly do not relent in ur prayers for God to intervene from heaven.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jaegermesiter: 10:54am On Oct 15, 2015
Abeg,house no vex o, pls what's d average cost of a hair cut in germany?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by leo2314: 11:16am On Oct 15, 2015
Socwork:
I mean u should continue to escalate to every responsible quatres that should attend to u. I also meant that the more u request for status report on ur appeal , it will get faster reply. But do it politely with no much insult to them. Evidently explaining your predicaments. You will get a better news soon with the pressures u re placing on them with ur enquiries.. But ultimatly do not relent in ur prayers for God to intervene from heaven.

Oh I get it now, thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GottSeiDank: 11:18am On Oct 15, 2015
Bros, for real The other time I saw someone asking for the price of water, now it's hair cut. Loooool grin
You guys should not derail this thread naw.
jaegermesiter:
Abeg,house no vex o, pls what's d average cost of a hair cut in germany?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jaegermesiter: 11:26am On Oct 15, 2015
I am very sorry for the derail,but its stl useful info,I heard a hair cut goes for 17 euros...Haircut!!!!!...if dis is true,den we nid to buy clippers and giv oursef d haircuts

GottSeiDank

post=39005016]Bros, for real The other time I saw someone asking for the price of water, now it's hair cut. Loooool grin
You guys should not derail this trend naw. [/quote][quote author=GottSeiDank
:
Bros, for real The other time I saw someone asking for the price of water, now it's hair cut. Loooool grin
You guys should not derail this trend naw.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GottSeiDank: 11:38am On Oct 15, 2015
No Wahala Bros but this is still not the right thread for this. There is a thread where you can ask this question. By the time people start asking this kind of questions, then this thread will definitely derail. This is for German visa Enquiries, when you get to Deutschland, you will definitely survive. Hair cut shouldn't be a problem naw.
Please take note. grin
jaegermesiter:
I am very sorry for the derail,but its stl useful info,I heard a hair cut goes for 17 euros...Haircut!!!!!...if dis is true,den we nid to buy clippers and giv oursef d haircuts

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 15, 2015
Galads:
Just chilling in my wife's room drinking my krombacher beer and watching 100 TV series and covered under a really big blanket. Men d cold here na die. Bought beer yesterday and instead of putting it in fridge, she put it at the balcony. This evening as if I just removed it from freezer in naija.

I arrived hamburg yesterday on a really stressful flight and thanks to stupid turkish airline who delayed my flight in lagos from 10pm to 1am. Arrive instabul about 9 in the morning and change my boarding pass to 11.10am. Got to hamburg about 3 pm and thank God I already have a lyca sim that my madam got for me. Loaded at the airport and called her for pick up.
I under rated the cold, cause I said to her it is not yet full winter so am sure d cold is like hamattan in the north naija and refuse to carry a jacket from Nigeria. At the airport I was happy and said in my mind I win and didn't know the heater ws hot inside. But when I stepped out of the airport, my teeth started jamming and water dropping from my eyes when nobody beat me. Abeg guys even if d jacket in naija isn't thick, buy ooooo. For load( food stuff) if u don't have somebody to come pick u, Abeg carry what only u can carry. No good samarithan here o. Na OYO.
Am here to assist anybody that needs my help. Might not be able to read all but like someone said, I will reply all my mention. Danke schon
bros..na two wives u get?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sirkells: 12:58pm On Oct 15, 2015
swtxt:

Yh, a friend helped me when I was still in Nigeria and very cheap at that too 215 all inclusive. Accommodation here hard to get pass the admission sef angry I know people who have been here for over a month and still haven't found anything yet.
You have to play that your friend part for me too oh abeg. Help me ask the friend if there is another one he can get. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 15, 2015
hello house,

This BTA of $1000 of a thing, is it only for virgin passport holders and first time travelers they try to extort or do these criminal immigration cabals also harass frequent travellers? I heard an horrifying tale from a first time traveller yesterday to Dubai, she had to cough up 21k just to rent BTA. This thing is really getting out of hand. They almost made her miss her flight just cause she didn't hold up to a $1000. They didn't accept the ATM Card argument. Is this the experience of everybody travelling to Dubai or do they choose there victims? Do they do this also to foreigners?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 15, 2015
Toby77:
hello house,

This BTA of $1000 of a thing, is it only for virgin passport holders and first time travelers they try to extort or do these criminal immigration cabals also harass frequent travellers? I heard an horrifying tale from a first time traveller yesterday to Dubai, she had to cough up 21k just to rent BTA. This thing is really getting out of hand. They almost made her miss her flight just cause she didn't hold up to a $1000. They didn't accept the ATM Card argument. Is this the experience of everybody travelling to Dubai or do they choose there victims? Do they do this also to foreigners?
Does this thread look like a Dubai thread to you?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 15, 2015
Rayhut:

Does this thread look like a Dubai thread to you?

It doesn't matter. Do first time travelers here experience such? am after peoples experiences. it has nothing to do with final destination
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 15, 2015
Toby77:

It doesn't matter. Do first time travelers here experience such? am after peoples experiences. it has nothing to do with final destination
Go and read about 100 pages of this thread so that you will understand what it is all about, however student travellers to Germany don't need to rent BTA to travel.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 2:56pm On Oct 15, 2015
Rayhut is right..

YOU DON'T NEED BTA TO TRAVEL TO GERMANY IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING USING GERMAN STUDENT VISA

YOU DON'T NEED BTA TO TRAVEL TO GERMANY IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING USING GERMAN STUDENT VISA

No vez I gaz loud am.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.