Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1001181 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 15, 2015
Rayhut:

Go and read about 100 pages of this thread so that you will understand what it is all about, however student travellers to Germany don't need to rent BTA to travel.

Do those immigration officers ask especially if they realize you are a first time traveler for BTA. Obviously it's not needed if you are travelling on a student visa but corruption has made it something else. Am just asking if guys who left for germany recently on study were accosted by those hungry immigration guys on BTA? and if Yes, how did they deal with it?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:21pm On Oct 15, 2015
Toby77:

Do those immigration officers ask especially if they realize you are a first time traveler for BTA. Obviously it's not needed if you are travelling on a student visa but corruption has made it something else. Am just asking if guys who left for germany recently on study were accosted by those hungry immigration guys on BTA? and if Yes, how did they deal with it?

twinkle1:
Rayhut is right..
YOU DON'T NEED BTA TO TRAVEL TO GERMANY IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING USING GERMAN STUDENT VISA
YOU DON'T NEED BTA TO TRAVEL TO GERMANY IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING USING GERMAN STUDENT VISA
No vez I gaz loud am.

Rayhut:

Go and read about 100 pages of this thread so that you will understand what it is all about, however student travellers to Germany don't need to rent BTA to travel.

@Toby77

Wrong thread
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 4:58pm On Oct 15, 2015
Toby77,

It's true those hungry immigration officers are now disturbing first time travelers (this has been going on for years but worse this time around). However, keep in mind that the BTA thingy is not real. Had someone came in from Nigeria a few days ago. She missed her flight because of those immigration people. They didn't allow her to board because she had a one way ticket and she had to pay about 20k to reschedule and I'm not sure I heard her story right but I believe she even paid the officers and some fellow there at the Airport. If you're a first time traveler traveling via that Airport - they will want to suck you with all sort of gibberish.
Toby77:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 5:02pm On Oct 15, 2015
If you're looking to bring clippers because of the price of a haircut then there a lot of things you'll need to bring along with you. Understand that you're leaving your home country. The weather, culture, expenses will change accordingly. Don't worry, one day when you travel out of the country and have stayed for a number of years and you manage to come back and see this post - I promise you, you'll laugh cheesy
jaegermesiter:
I am very sorry for the derail,but its stl useful info,I heard a hair cut goes for 17 euros...Haircut!!!!!...if dis is true,den we nid to buy clippers and giv oursef d haircuts

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 5:23pm On Oct 15, 2015
Please is there anyone coming from Germany to Nigeria between now and the end of the month? Please kindly Pm me or quote me here. Thanks and God bless you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pauluche: 5:35pm On Oct 15, 2015
Mheennn this BTA and One way ticket thing is becoming serious.
I booked Emirates with wakanow.com. Since the past 24hrs I've been called severally to know the type of Visa I'm travelling with. They keep insisting I buy a return ticket Na wa o! I've explained and explained still they keep calling (different staff). Just received another call like 10 minutes ago.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 5:43pm On Oct 15, 2015
aibee01:
hello guys.....hmmm you can still buy winter jacket from Nigeria but just go for the thick ones not the fashionable/light ones......
just don't come with unnecessary clothing, you no go even fi wear am
....my room heater is working perfectly well as i dey sleep something with boxer alone.....but outside is stepping into natural freezer.
# a funny thing about this place b say the day way sun dey shine na hin cold they plenty pass....#still acclimatising...
REPORTING FROM KIEL.

I taya oh..de just be dissing the Winter jacket like say e dey completely useless.
Yes, I got some also, and one of them is useless, the others I got are not 'useless'. And guess how much I bought each of them? 600 Naira. That is approximately 2 EURO if I am not mistaken.

Galads, Wilkommen in Hamburg. Its steady 7 degrees abi? And I have been reliably assured that its going to get worse...Which end you dey?

PS: The school I went to in Naija wasn't completely useless afterall. If only we dug deeper, were taught software packages and fiddled more with practicals?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 5:45pm On Oct 15, 2015
jaegermesiter:
I am very sorry for the derail,but its stl useful info,I heard a hair cut goes for 17 euros...Haircut!!!!!...if dis is true,den we nid to buy clippers and giv oursef d haircuts

Omoh, come with everything you can oh...Haircut in Harburg is around a discounted price of 10 Euros, but again you need appointments...

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Galads(m): 6:44pm On Oct 15, 2015
[quote author=Nuelbrown post=38989787][/quote]lol water cost pass beer o. 6 bottle of beer for 3euro. Water cost pass beer is just an exaggeration to tell how cheap beer is.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Galads(m): 6:45pm On Oct 15, 2015
kosplateau:

bros..na two wives u get?
I no go carry last bro

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Galads(m): 6:57pm On Oct 15, 2015
Obiwannn:

I taya oh..de just be dissing the Winter jacket like say e dey completely useless.
Yes, I got some also, and one of them is useless, the others I got are not 'useless'. And guess how much I bought each of them? 600 Naira. That is approximately 2 EURO if I am not mistaken.

Galads, Wilkommen in Hamburg. Its steady 7 degrees abi? And I have been reliably assured that its going to get worse...Which end you dey?

PS: The school I went to in Naija wasn't completely useless afterall. If only we dug deeper, were taught software packages and fiddled more with practicals?
my guy na steady 3-4 degree o for luneburg. 600 is a fair price if only it will do correct work for you. I bought H&M today for about 46euro but really thick and leather. With my naija jacket d cold way enter me, I nearly run mad. But immediately I wore the new one, like seriously the cold disappeared.
I shuffle luneburg(close to hamburg) and oldenburg.

My guys yet to arrive germo pls do your best to get accomodation on ground before leaving Nigeria or else you get stranded. This place nobody go look your face o. International office only advice me and didn't care if I sleep on the street. Imagine a room I went to check and we were up to 20 people interested for the small room. Youth hostel filled only option was a hotel for 105euro /night.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Itsmissdammy(f): 7:21pm On Oct 15, 2015
Germany movement, signing in... After A 16 service though... And to everybody, it shall end in praise!!!

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 9:00pm On Oct 15, 2015
Obiwannn:

Omoh, come with everything you can oh...Haircut in Harburg is around a discounted price of 10 Euros, but again you need appointments...

Use your semester ticket and go to SBahn stop Barmbek in Hamburg, it cost 5 euro there and the guy cuts very well.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 15, 2015
Obiwannn:

bros...are in for IT? Dem German ladies no dey gree catch?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 15, 2015
Pauluche:
I booked Emirates with wakanow.com. Since the past 24hrs I've been called severally to know the type of Visa I'm travelling with. They keep insisting I buy a return ticket Na wa o! I've explained and explained still they keep calling (different staff). Just received another call like 10 minutes ago.
If you are a student travelling to Germany, no immigration officer will ask you for BTA, if they do, show them your block account confirmation of payment of living expenses, for one way thing, many people have travel to Germany with one way ticket without any problem, the immigration is aware that a traveller that is having a national visa need only one way ticket, you are going for studies that will take you away for 4 years for Bsc or 2 years for masters, why wasting money to buy return ticket.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by swaggerdgrt(m): 10:27pm On Oct 15, 2015
Pls nairalanders could anyone help me with d official website of university of hamburg please

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 10:39pm On Oct 15, 2015
swaggerdgrt:
Pls nairalanders could anyone help me with d official website of university of hamburg please
Bro just google 'university of hamburg'

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bot0k: 10:58pm On Oct 15, 2015
Hello, I got to Kaiserslautern 2 weeks ago (one of the covert Nairaland users). Really lost track of the page I was on this thread last time I checked. Congrats @eke47

Any Nigerian also studying here in Rheinland-Pfalz?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dam12: 11:01pm On Oct 15, 2015
Guy this ur question get as e be o. U don't need to be told u can Google it nd get wt u want online
swaggerdgrt:
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by havies: 11:15pm On Oct 15, 2015

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by safer23(m): 1:12am On Oct 16, 2015
Thanks

Guitarlife:
Post grad = postgraduate = masters/ ph.d
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 2:44am On Oct 16, 2015
Pauluche:
Na you do mistake. Next time they ask you, tell them you are on a national student visa and that it's for a duration of 2 years or for the number of years your program will last. Na wetin I yarn them when I wanted to pay at the airport. I even sited that my brother's travelled last week when they were looking so unsure.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 3:28am On Oct 16, 2015
For PTA, GTB and UBA are both useless in that aspect. If you bank with fidelity and you have been operating your account for at least 3 months, you will be eligible. Just take your ticket (confirmed booked, 48 hours before then), international passport and I think admission letter.
Sterling gives too irrespective of the time you opened your account but they will need a return ticket, and it was for this reason I didn't get it there. It was so painful because they almost pulled it through at the Daleko branch, at 227. 6 euros on 13th of October when the BDC was exchanging at 256. cry

I dey Munich now, I will be highlighting my experience with a less than 64k ticket through Etihad (NO details yet, I promised some people). I dey suspect say the food wey I chop there alone go pass the amount self.
But they are strict with their excess luggage policy o 23kg * 2 suitcases, a 7kg hand luggage and a 4kg laptop bag. Even if the excess is 1kg more, you MUST remove. (not too bad for the price though) wink I tried every trick on earth, but e no work, even the soap I added later into my laptop bag, they wanted to remove it at the point of entering the plane, I had to flirt my way out abi na in, in this case.

For the immigration guys, I no get power to speak too much grammar, when any wahala arise, I just give them change for mosquito coil. I don't condone it though, but we need our officers to be malaria free so they won't transfer their aggression to us, don't we? I didn't have a single problem.
At Abu Dhabi (men, there is a difference between heaven and hell) Na so I just dey see new things, in order not to act like village boy, I go just flex somehow like a bad guy dey watch, when other more experienced travellers don take action I go follow suit like say I don dey do am from pregnancy. Their free WiFi on point too. On board to the flight going to Munich, from Abu Dhabi, they held me back a bit looking at my passport again and the fact that the ticket is one way, I showed them my admission letters and other stuffs (always have this handy, even a soft copy will suffice). They let me go with apologies too.

Etihad on board entertainment and food try small. But if you are the type whose mound of Eba is bigger than rapper Ikechukwu's head, then you will be in for a disappointing experience. They have only variety but not in quantity. I don't eat much these days so I didn't have a problem.
Their in flight entertainment was great too. Back in the days when I loved blondes I could have been disappointed that they didn't have a single one on as a hostess, but as I don retire, I will forgive them for the blunder.

From Abu Dhabi, to Munich, I had to practice my learned British accent, so even without telling the Trinidadian by my side, he started asking me what part of UK did I come from, that he could tell from my accent so strong. Men! Na so I use stories of British family trees confuse him head. (the guy have lived in America all his life). May the Lord forgive me sha.

As I landed Munich, they also demanded for my admission letter too at the immigration place, soft copy shown too, problem solved!
My friend who was suppose to pick me up was a bit late, o couldn't communicate with him, immediately because I couldn't connect to the airport WiFi (always endeavour to buy that Wakanow international sim for 4k) it will be a great saver in times like this. I had to spend 34 euros to buy one network wey I no understand after pushing my bag for 30 minutes looking for my friend and a way to get cheap sim (I couldn't find lycamobile).

To be continued......

P.S I didnt plan writing this at first, typing straight from the bed with my phone.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 3:53am On Oct 16, 2015
Continued......

As I landed Munich, na so my guy come pick me. He has been helpful ever since men. It was at the airport I got my semester ticket electronically, just with my matric number, bought at 152 euros, (the one that comes with my student card only covers from 6 am in the morning to 6 pm in the evening and throughout the weekends.
Here in Munich, almost everyone either speaks or understand English even if not so fluent or so much, just speak slowly and make your accent less African as possible.
The weather is very great, I love it, may be because people talked so much about how cold it was and I was anticipating such, but Munich at around 6 degrees yesterday, I didn't feel so much cold, no winter jackets worn, just a light wool sweater with a hood, capiche! May be the North could be colder though but this is the kind of weather I love. My friend wey don tey here just dey shake like a provoked tolo tolo with thicker cloths though.
I finalised my insurance with AOK same day, unblocked my DB account, picked up my student card with the MVV at TUM, met another Nigerian with a fake and very poor "British" accent. E no too form again as accommodation and cold suffering don dilute him pride, he is in Power engr.

Munich is a nice and organised place, no single traffic logjam, no Lagos rush rush, the people may be quiet but nice and courteous and willing to help. Everyone goes about their business, no one will really look surprised because you are black or turn a head. Only a few with occasional courtuous nods.
This na just one day observation o... As I Waka Waka the city no be small.
It's been a great journey so far, I thank God sha and my guy here have been great too. The cold dey sweet my body, make I go sleep back, to enter and start school self never dey hungry me, I still have some travelling to do....

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Generalkorex(m): 4:43am On Oct 16, 2015
Eke40seven:
Continued......

As I landed Munich, na so my guy come pick me. He has been helpful ever since men. It was at the airport I got my semester ticket electronically, just with my matric number, bought at 152 euros, (the one that comes with my student card only covers from 6 am in the morning to 6 pm in the evening and throughout the weekends.
Here in Munich, almost everyone either speaks or understand English even if not so fluent or so much, just speak slowly and make your accent less African as possible.
The weather is very great, I love it, may be because people talked so much about how cold it was and I was anticipating such, but Munich at around 6 degrees yesterday, I didn't feel so much cold, no winter jackets worn, just a light wool sweater with a hood, capiche! May be the North could be colder though but this is the kind of weather I love. My friend wey don tey here just dey shake like a provoked tolo tolo with thicker cloths though.
I finalised my insurance with AOK same day, unblocked my DB account, picked up my student card with the MVV at TUM, met another Nigerian with a fake and very poor "British" accent. E no too form again as accommodation and cold suffering don dilute him pride, he is in Power engr.

Munich is a nice and organised place, no single traffic, no Lagos rush rush, the people may be quiet but nice and courteous and willing to help. Everyone goes about their business, no one will really look surprised because you are black or turn a head. Only a few with occasional courtuous nods.
It's been a great journey so far, I thank God sha and my guy here have been great too. The cold dey sweet my body, make I go sleep back, to enter and start school self never dey hungry me, I still have some travelling to do....
eke himself
so wat abt d 64k ticket stuff
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pauluche: 6:59am On Oct 16, 2015
Eke40seven:
Na you do mistake. Next time they ask you, tell them you are on a national student visa and that it's for a duration of 2 years or for the number of years your program will last. Na wetin I yarn them when I wanted to pay at the airport. I even sited that my brother's travelled last week when they were looking so unsure.

Bros the issh is that my master's program is 1 year (M. Sc Economics, FSU) so when them see the admission letter nko?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pauluche: 7:05am On Oct 16, 2015
Eke40seven:

Bro like I replied Oga Eke my master's program is 1 year (M. Sc Economics, FSU) so when them see the admission letter how I go take align the yarning?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by havies: 8:24am On Oct 16, 2015
Please pple, i had my 100l done in benin republic, how do go by applying, since my ssce cant b used unless i do studienkellog.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 9:30am On Oct 16, 2015
Eke40Seven, one day, very soon, when you and this "fake and very poor British accent" guy become close friends and e come see this your post for nairaland ehn... You go hear whin cheesy haha
Anyways, succeed in Germany o. You've been of great help to many folks on Nairaland.

God bless you, bro.
Eke40seven:
Continued......

Munich is a nice and organised place, no single traffic, no Lagos rush rush, the people may be quiet but nice and courteous and willing to help. Everyone goes about their business, no one will really look surprised because you are black or turn a head. Only a few with occasional courtuous nods.

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 9:33am On Oct 16, 2015
Just get a return ticket, bro. You can always cancel your return trip when you reach Germany and then have them fund you. Most travel agents when know say people no dey come back, na wetin dem dey use take dey grow big belle be this.
Another thing, book a return ticket on your own. When you reach Germany, go to the Emirate office and have them cancel and refund you on your return trip. Dem dey do am
Pauluche:

Bro like I replied Oga Eke my master's program is 1 year (M. Sc Economics, FSU) so when them see the admission letter how I go take align the yarning?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pauluche: 10:53am On Oct 16, 2015
DanIndia:
Just get a return ticket, bro. You can always cancel your return trip when you reach Germany and then have them fund you. Most travel agents when know say people no dey come back, na wetin dem dey use take dey grow big belle be this.
Another thing, book a return ticket on your own. When you reach Germany, go to the Emirate office and have them cancel and refund you on your return trip. Dem dey do am

Well I've already booked a one way. Na me and those immigration guys. Any which way Na way. Lolz....

Please I need someone to give me a succinct description of how to to get to Katagora abi Na Katangua from Ikeja abeg.
Also if anyone knows of any affordable accommodation in Ikeja please let me know. No be only me de waka go family members de follow me waka the waka. lolz please its urgent oooooo.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GottSeiDank: 11:21am On Oct 16, 2015
Bros, from Ikeja-along board a bus going to Abule Egba Agbado Ijaiye then you alight at Super bus stop. As soon as you enter the bus, tell the driver or conductor that you're going to super bus stop. That's where you'll. Find Kangantuwa.
You can also try Yaba market. From Ikeja Underbridge board Yaba. Alight at the last bus stop. cheesy
Pauluche:

Well I've already booked a one way. Na me and those immigration guys. Any which way Na way. Lolz....

Please I need someone to give me a succinct description of how to to get to Katagora abi Na Katangua from Ikeja abeg.
Also if anyone knows of any affordable accommodation in Ikeja please let me know. No be only me de waka go family members de follow me waka the waka. lolz please its urgent oooooo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.