Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,486 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (997180 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by duro4real(m): 12:38am On Oct 25, 2015
My lyf is ruin, I have appointment on Monday which is tomorrow on 26th of October, I have done all d necessary tinz expected by me, and I have gotten all d necessary documents I just just been sent invitation letter and health insurance from my uncle dat stay at Germany earlier dis week. But just now when I was going through my document I find out dat d passport number I utilize in all my travel document is my old passport number such as booking of appointment, my invitation latter on so on...... Am seriously crying right now, please what what is d way forward can I still go for d interview tomorrow?. Or what can I do?.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by duro4real(m): 12:38am On Oct 25, 2015
duro4real:
My lyf is ruin, I have appointment on Monday which is tomorrow on 26th of October, I have done all d necessary tinz expected by me, and I have gotten all d necessary documents I just just been sent invitation letter and health insurance from my uncle dat stay at Germany earlier dis week. But just now when I was going through my document I find out dat d passport number I utilize in all my travel document is my old passport number such as booking of appointment, my invitation latter on so on...... Am seriously crying right now, please what what is d way forward can I still go for d interview tomorrow?. Or what can I do?.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 2:44am On Oct 25, 2015
duro4real:

Are you going for student Visa?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by duro4real(m): 2:52am On Oct 25, 2015
dolpaz:

Are you going for student Visa?
Just a visitation sir
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Hampy: 4:32am On Oct 25, 2015
Take a breathe bro. No tears. Your situation is not as bad as it seems. Since you’ve already booked an appointment with your old passport number, you’ll have to correct that anomaly during your interview on Monday. You’ll tender the photocopies of the new passport number and explain to the VO that you had inadvertently booked your appointment with your old passport. As long as your new passport is handy, that shouldn’t be a problem. Besides I want to believe that all the information supplied to the embassy before the interview is just to be able to book an interview date. On the day of your interview, all the documents you’ll be submitting to the VO will be the documents they’ll consider to process your visa application. As for your letter of invitation, I’m sure by now you’d have contacted your uncle to rewrite and send you another one with your accurate information. He can send it to you as a pdf in email and you can print it out and take to your interview. You do not need the health insurance for now, but tell your uncle to work on getting another one for you because you’ll need it for the purpose of visa collection.

Good luck.
duro4real:

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by duro4real(m): 5:48am On Oct 25, 2015
No time for all these sir, my interview is just tomorrow... Is dere anoder way I can go about it sir?.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oligee: 7:00am On Oct 25, 2015
duro4real:
Well...What happened to the old passport? did it expire? if yes, then you are relatively safe. And the Biodata page of the old one and the new one says the same thing about you apart from number, issue date and probably place of issue. That means you are not hiding anything.
Go with the new passport and of course the old one too, and explain to the VO about how you made the mistake of using the old number probably because you were used to it. Tender the new one, and plead that you be given the chance to bring newer documents reflecting the new passport number within the week or next two weeks as you deem practicable. Then you can ask the person inviting you to make new invitation and then you can sort out other things. But priority should be given to embassy required documents.
On a second thought also, am thinking you may send a mail to the embassy today and politely pre-inform them of the situation, tell them you just discovered the error that moment you sent the mail. So that when you go on Monday it doesn't look as if you preplanned it to use an old number, so they don't suspect you of trying to pull a stunt. Importantly, please pray very well. Employ your faith. There is nothing God cannot do.
If at the end of the day, you were not obliged, I think the worst case would be to reapply for appointment after you have gotten everything straightened out. Of course you must remember that some disappoints are indeed blessings.
Good luck!
Note: Don't ever panic. Crying is not gonna change anything. Pull yourself together and you will pull through. Be strong.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oligee: 7:26am On Oct 25, 2015
Finally the mystery has been revealed! Since I got to Deustschland in September I observed that it looks as if the time was faster than normal. I was practically struggling to keep up, especially in the mornings. I didn't want to say the time was faster so I don't sound naive, so I just kept it to myself. LOL!
But today by 3:00Am the Daylight saving time ended and the clock in Germany was turned backward one hour, marking the end of Summer time and ushering in Winter time, which is the normal time. So we are on the same time with Nigeria now, GMT+1.
Hey Guys in Deutschland check your time, if your clock doesn't reset automatically please reset manually.
Finally I can sleep longer now. cool

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by duro4real(m): 7:36am On Oct 25, 2015
oligee:

Well...What happened to the old passport? did it expire? if yes, then you are relatively safe. And the Biodata page of the old one and the new one says the same thing about you apart from number, issue date and probably place of issue. That means you are not hiding anything.
Go with the new passport and of course the old one too, and explain to the VO about how you made the mistake of using the old number probably because you were used to it. Tender the new one, and plead that you be given the chance to bring newer documents reflecting the new passport number within the week or next two weeks as you deem practicable. Then you can ask the person inviting you to make new invitation and then you can sort out other things. But priority should be given to embassy required documents.
On a second thought also, am thinking you may send a mail to the embassy today and politely pre-inform them of the situation, tell them you just discovered the error that moment you sent the mail. So that when you go on Monday it doesn't look as if you preplanned it to use an old number, so they don't suspect you of trying to pull a stunt. Importantly, please pray very well. Employ your faith. There is nothing God cannot do.
If at the end of the day, you were not obliged, I think the worst case would be to reapply for appointment after you have gotten everything straightened out. Of course you must remember that some disappoints are indeed blessings.
Good luck!
Note: Don't ever panic. Crying is not gonna change anything. Pull yourself together and you will pull through. Be strong.
Thanks sir, can them allow me to re bring d invitation latter? Is dat possible and I pray it will go like dat, because d old passport got expire, am having d old one and the new one with me there is even two visa on the old one...and another problem is who to send with the invitation letter.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oligee: 7:48am On Oct 25, 2015
duro4real:

Thanks sir, can them allow me to re bring d invitation latter? Is dat possible and I pray it will go like dat, because d old passport got expire, am having d old one and the new one with me there is even two visa on the old one...and another problem is who to send with the invitation letter.
Nobody can tell you of a certainty whether they will allow you to rebring the invitation letter or not. That's why I told you to pray so that you are favoured. Normally you are not allowed to go in if you go late on your interview date, but on my appointment date I was very late, yet I was favoured and was interviewed. So there could be exceptions.
And What do you mean by "who to send with the invitation letter?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Amanesi83: 7:57am On Oct 25, 2015
I want to thank you all for your support and advice... Yeah!!! I'm now in Germany to the Glory of God almighty.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by LeoCruz: 8:08am On Oct 25, 2015
please nairalanders, am in a bit tight situation. am applying for summer 2016. please guys, help me with fews schools I can apply to with a BEng in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with final CGPA of 3.12. and a letter from my HOD stating my language of instruction was English. I also have my jamb slip the I used when I got my admission in Nigeria..the areas I want apply for is infotech, communication,instrumentation, and electrical related courses. please ur help will be highly welcomed.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by duro4real(m): 8:12am On Oct 25, 2015
I mean my uncle in Germany may not see somebody to send with the invitation letter, and let me suggest this u know out of the documents sent to me, my passport number just reflect on two which is the application letter and the invitation letter, u know appointment letter is different from application letter, what about if I re registered for a new application letter that will contain my new passport number and I tell them at d embassy that when coming next week dat I will come along with a new invitation latter. Is dat possible?. Pls suggestion needed.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by duro4real(m): 8:15am On Oct 25, 2015
oligee:

Nobody can tell you of a certainty whether they will allow you to rebring the invitation letter or not. That's why I told you to pray so that you are favoured. Normally you are not allowed to go in if you go late on your interview date, but on my appointment date I was very late, yet I was favoured and was interviewed. So there could be exceptions.
And What do you mean by "who to send with the invitation letter?
I mean my uncle in Germany may not see
somebody to send with the invitation letter, and
let me suggest this u know out of the documents
sent to me, my passport number just reflect on
two which is the application letter and the
invitation letter, u know appointment letter is
different from application letter, what about if I
re registered for a new application letter that will
contain my new passport number and I tell them
at d embassy that when coming next week dat I
will come along with a new invitation latter. Is
dat possible?. Pls suggestion needed.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oligee: 8:26am On Oct 25, 2015
duro4real:

Your uncle doesn't need anybody to send the letter to you. He should post it through DHL, and DHL will get the letter to you in three days. Well about the other application and appointment stuffs....I have no idea. I only know more of student visa process. The best I can offer is what I already said. Good luck!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 8:28am On Oct 25, 2015
oligee:
Finally the mystery has been revealed! Since I got to Deustschland in September I observed that it looks as if the time was faster than normal. I was practically struggling to keep up, especially in the mornings. I didn't want to say the time was faster so I don't sound naive, so I just kept it to myself. LOL!
But today by 3:00Am the Daylight saving time ended and the clock in Germany was turned backward one hour, marking the end of Summer time and ushering in Winter time, which is the normal time. So we are on the same time with Nigeria now, GMT+1.
Hey Guys in Deutschland check your time, if your clock doesn't reset automatically please reset manually.
Finally I can sleep longer now. cool

True!!!! .... My phone nd laptop reset automatically.. But my electronic alarm clock no reset. I removed the battery nd re inserted.. It's back to Nigerian time smiley
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pompido: 8:33am On Oct 25, 2015
duro4real:

Let me chip in a few words here.

My advice is that you book another appointment immediately with your new passport details. This will most likely be the response you will get at the embassy but I am not trying to discourage you from going there or following all the previous advice given.

For you to get to the VO, your passport will be examined at the gate which is where your troubles may start because they will check the passport number and the expiry date before allowing you in. So my advice is that you go with the both passports and present the old one at the gate. You may then be tackled on the expiry issue which gives you the opportunity to explain your way out of it. This is where it will either start or end because if you sell yourself well and they have a workaround then you are in, otherwise you would be told to go and book another appointment with the right passport number.

Did you book the appointment before the expiry of your passport? if yes, this may aid your explanations but I am sure they will counter with the fact that the booking system gives you available dates which should inform you whether or not your old passport would suffice.

All the best...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by duro4real(m): 8:48am On Oct 25, 2015
pompido:

Let me chip in a few words here.

My advice is that you book another appointment immediately with your new passport details. This will most likely be the response you will get at the embassy but I am not trying to discourage you from going there or following all the previous advice given.

For you to get to the VO, your passport will be examined at the gate which is where your troubles may start because they will check the passport number and the expiry date before allowing you in. So my advice is that you go with the both passports and present the old one at the gate. You may then be tackled on the expiry issue which gives you the opportunity to explain your way out of it. This is where it will either start or end because if you sell yourself well and they have a workaround then you are in, otherwise you would be told to go and book another appointment with the right passport number.

Did you book the appointment before the expiry of your passport? if yes, this may aid your explanations but I am sure they will counter with the fact that the booking system gives you available dates which should inform you whether or not your old passport would suffice.

All the best...
Okey thanks my old passport has expire two years ago.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pompido: 8:49am On Oct 25, 2015
duro4real:

Okey thanks my old passport has expire two years ago.

2 years!!! shocked

Mistakes do happen but I saw this same scenario play out a couple of times I was at the embassy.

All the best to you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 25, 2015
Good morn every one. This issue is already overflogged but permit me to raise it once again cos there seems ro be no air of finality to it or so I think.

The issue of ielts/toefl/letter from hod.

My question is, do ur schools recognise anything apart from ielts/toefl as proof of english ?

Dolpaz, ogbeche77 I hail una...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Hampy: 9:00am On Oct 25, 2015
No time for what? How many minutes will it take your Uncle to write you another Invitation letter stating your new passport number and scanning it, and emailing you a copy for you to print and take with you to the embassy tomorrow?

When you get to the embassy you can show them your new passport and explain to them you mistakenly booked your appointment with your old passport number. And then you can hear what they’ll say. The VO is human he/she will listen to you. There is no big deal about this, people make these kind of mistakes all the time. In a new year, you find people quoting dates of the previous year because they are not yet accustomed to the fact that we are in a new year. Would you castigate them for that?

Follow all the advice you’ve gotten so far, but don’t even think about not showing up for your interview tomorrow. That may have dire consequences.

Goodluck.
duro4real:
No time for all these sir, my interview is just tomorrow... Is dere anoder way I can go about it sir?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by duro4real(m): 9:50am On Oct 25, 2015
Hampy:
No time for what? How many minutes will it take your Uncle to write you another Invitation letter stating your new passport number and scanning it, and emailing you a copy for you to print and take with you to the embassy tomorrow?

When you get to the embassy you can show them your new passport and explain to them you mistakenly booked your appointment with your old passport number. And then you can hear what they’ll say. The VO is human he/she will listen to you. There is no big deal about this, people make these kind of mistakes all the time. In a new year, you find people quoting dates of the previous year because they are not yet accustomed to the fact that we are in a new year. Would you castigate them for that?

Follow all the advice you’ve gotten so far, but don’t even think about not showing up for your interview tomorrow. That may have dire consequences.

Goodluck.

Sir, I guess u have seen a sample of invitation letter before, it contains a design paper not like A4, it is butter in colour, and colour it is not just a thing he can write with his hand he has to go to either foreign affairs office in Germany to get a new one. I stand to be corrected sir
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 25, 2015
Guitarlife:
Good morn every one. This issue is already overflogged but permit me to raise it once again cos there seems ro be no air of finality to it or so I think.

The issue of ielts/toefl/letter from hod.

My question is, do ur schools recognise anything apart from ielts/toefl as proof of english ?

Dolpaz, ogbeche77 I hail una...
If you studied your for your bachelors in English language which I believe you did, you need not worry about toefl or the likes.. Just send your notorize copy of your bsc certificate and transcript when the application period begins
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mostyg(m): 10:21am On Oct 25, 2015
duro4real:

Why would you say your life is "ruin"?Do you mean your success is based on entering Germany (on invitation). In life, always prepare for a plan B,C and if possible to plan Z.

Back to your question, lots of Ogas have given you advise on the issue.

I booked with my old passport, it has not expired as at the time I was booking but with few days left to its expiration. I mailed the embassy to ask if I could do that and was answered in affirmative. On my interview day, I submitted my new passport to man at the gate who later asked for the old passport I used for the booking. I was only fortunate I brought the two passports. The man asked if i informed the embassy before I booked with the old passport and when my answer was positive he said he would go inside to confirm which he never did. He eventually allowed me in.

One gentleman was refused entry to the embassy last Monday because he came with a passport different from the one he booked with. He was asked to produce the old one but unfortunately for him, he didn't come with it.

My advise is that you go with the two passport rubber-bond together. If the man at the gate allowed you in, you can then explain yourself to the VO if asked. The VO will only be interested in your valid passport.

Finally, prepare well for your interview and put your hope in God.

Best wishes.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 25, 2015
Pls those already in Bremen, how can one easily get accommodation in Bremen on arrival
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 25, 2015
duro4real:

Sir, I guess u have seen a sample of invitation letter before, it contains a design paper not like A4, it is butter in colour, and colour it is not just a thing he can write with his hand he has to go to either foreign affairs office in Germany to get a new one. I stand to be corrected sir
If I were you, I will just use a black pen and put my new passport number under the old one that is on the application and invitation letter, during the interview I will submit the two passport and keep quiet, if the VO ask me about it, I will reply,if didn't I will not say anything about it, go with the copy of bio data of new and old one

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nellyb24(m): 10:41am On Oct 25, 2015
Rayhut:
Pls those already in Bremen, how can one easily get accommodation in Bremen on arrival
my Broda Accomodation for Bremen na hot cake oh.had to stay in an hotel for 5 days but finally baba Justcul arrange a place for me. na just God oh.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nellyb24(m): 10:46am On Oct 25, 2015
hey guys sowi I haven't been online for a while.I got to Bremen safely last week Thursday.flew Turkish airway.does people just dey serve rubbish food.Accomodation in Bremen is a big deal but I finally got a room tru a nairalander in Bremen. lectures have started in full swing and I must say German girls are pretty and am fucking serious.lolz

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Hampy: 10:47am On Oct 25, 2015
Are you talking about a guarantor’s form? I have no idea you have to go to the alien office in Germany for you to write a letter of invitation. I know a guarantor’s form is issued by the alien office but not a letter of invitation. However, I can only say much about the student visas and not any other type of visas. Nevertheless, go for your interview tomorrow, explain your predicament to the VO and wait to hear what they have to say.
duro4real:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 25, 2015
nellyb24:
my Broda Accomodation for Bremen na hot cake oh.had to stay in an hotel for 5 days but finally baba Justcul arrange a place for me. na just God oh.
Pls I will need your help, I know is difficult even those in Munich and other places are saying the same thing, pls you will help me to arrange one for me, I am planning to stay in Town side hostel maybe for a week.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nellyb24(m): 10:54am On Oct 25, 2015
Rayhut:

Pls I will need your help, I know is difficult even those in Munich and other places are saying the same thing, pls you will help me to arrange one for me, I am planning to stay in Town side hostel maybe for a week.
yap dats where I stayed too.very neat hostels and nice workers.u wud get to meet a lot of werder Bremen fans on football at townside hostel.d room I stayed I was d onli guy to nine girls lolz.....in short o was d onli black guy in d full hostels lolz.since Bremen freimart has ended am not really sure tho u can alway book with dem online
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nellyb24(m): 10:56am On Oct 25, 2015
abeg kelvinpam try call me. I lost all my contacts

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.